Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 4 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 65855 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Sakuya Quest 4 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #690 on: July 09, 2016, 06:05:20 PM »
>Head there then.
>"I think i have an idea of where it was...."

>Let's take out the pearl as we walk so we can watch for it changing color once we start getting closer to the spot we think it was.

>You make your way southward, Alice following. The trees are a bit thick here; difficult to move through.
>Taking out the pearl, you see the iridescence on its surface is swirling wildly.

>_

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #691 on: July 09, 2016, 07:01:05 PM »
>"Hmm...."
>Try moving our hand around the area, see if the iridescence increases in intensity.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #692 on: July 09, 2016, 07:53:33 PM »
>"Hmm...."
>Try moving our hand around the area, see if the iridescence increases in intensity.

>If it does, it increases so subtly that you do not notice a change.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #693 on: July 09, 2016, 07:59:36 PM »
> Was it glowing before?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #694 on: July 09, 2016, 08:06:50 PM »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #695 on: July 09, 2016, 08:07:58 PM »
> What did Ran say would happen when it was full?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #696 on: July 09, 2016, 08:14:49 PM »
> What did Ran say would happen when it was full?

>You believe she said it would change color after a few minutes.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #697 on: July 09, 2016, 08:26:13 PM »
> And the swirling iridescence has come with changing color, yes?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #698 on: July 09, 2016, 09:28:34 PM »
>"Well, it's certainly reacting. Ran said it would take a few minutes, and then it would change color. I'm unsure if I need to get closer or if this is fine, but we'll find out soon enough."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #699 on: July 09, 2016, 09:51:37 PM »
> And the swirling iridescence has come with changing color, yes?

>Not yet.

>"Well, it's certainly reacting. Ran said it would take a few minutes, and then it would change color. I'm unsure if I need to get closer or if this is fine, but we'll find out soon enough."

>"Perhaps it would be best to get closer in either event?" says Alice.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #700 on: July 09, 2016, 09:59:52 PM »
>"True. It's a bit hard to tell, but thankfully I was in the mansion this morning, rather than the centuries ago it must have burned down in, so it's a little easier to tell where 'closer' is supposed to be."
>Keep moving. Try to keep a good sense of where we must be in relation to those stairs and our memory of the mansion... it'd be too easy to lose track now that the mansion's a forest.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #701 on: July 09, 2016, 10:04:14 PM »
>"True. It's a bit hard to tell, but thankfully I was in the mansion this morning, rather than the centuries ago it must have burned down in, so it's a little easier to tell where 'closer' is supposed to be."
>Keep moving. Try to keep a good sense of where we must be in relation to those stairs and our memory of the mansion... it'd be too easy to lose track now that the mansion's a forest.

>How will you proceed?

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #702 on: July 09, 2016, 10:35:03 PM »
>Continue south for a bit.

Inb4 the correct answer is going back to the first thread and seeing which directions we took once we went in the library

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #703 on: July 10, 2016, 12:50:10 AM »
>Continue south for a bit.

>You continue southward. The forest grows very thick and difficult to traverse. You push through as well you can, loosing track of your feet in the brush. After a couple yards, a sharp pain races through your shin as you hit something very solid.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #704 on: July 10, 2016, 12:57:32 AM »
>Stop and check out both our leg, and whatever it is we just hit.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #705 on: July 10, 2016, 01:07:26 AM »
>Stop and check out both our leg, and whatever it is we just hit.

>You have to push some brush aside to see what you hit. You see a large, squarish stone with rough edges to its left and right, about half a yard long.
>Your leg is a little sore, but you don't see any notable damage.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #706 on: July 10, 2016, 01:10:54 AM »
> Seethe a little bit. Just don't swear in front of company.
> Examine the stone for any notable features.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #707 on: July 10, 2016, 01:46:57 AM »
> Seethe a little bit. Just don't swear in front of company.
> Examine the stone for any notable features.

>You do your best to keep outwardly calm and examine the stone. Taking a closer look at it, you are certain it was shaped by people, long before the elements have worn away at it.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #708 on: July 10, 2016, 01:53:18 AM »
>It seems likely this would have been part of the mansion, right? ...that would make it the millenia old object we need, but, it's kind of large to carry...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #709 on: July 10, 2016, 02:10:12 AM »
>It seems likely this would have been part of the mansion, right? ...that would make it the millenia old object we need, but, it's kind of large to carry...

>You think it might have been part of the foundation, now that you think about it.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #710 on: July 10, 2016, 02:21:30 AM »
>Hmm. Well, half a yard long isn't like a boulder or something, that's actually not too unrealistic to lift up... depending. How thick is it? More importantly, how hard is it to lift and carry?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #711 on: July 10, 2016, 12:22:42 PM »
>Hmm. Well, half a yard long isn't like a boulder or something, that's actually not too unrealistic to lift up... depending. How thick is it? More importantly, how hard is it to lift and carry?

>It is about a foot thick. While you cannot be sure how hard it is to lift and carry, it is probably too much for a lone human.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #712 on: July 10, 2016, 02:27:40 PM »
>Oof, yeah, we might be able to lift it but we wouldn't be able to carry it long at all. Alice is much stronger, but having her carry it all the way to Ran still would be... well. Not to mention it might be difficult for Ran to use.
>"Hey, Alice." Gesture at the rock. "I believe this was part of the Scarlet Devil Mansion's foundation. That would make it old enough for my purposes, but... it's a bit too large and heavy. Do you have any ideas for breaking off a chunk of it? I suppose, if nothing else, if there was somewhere to obtain a pickaxe... I'm not sure who'd have such a thing in Gensokyo, though."
>Peek at the pearl, as well.
>"If I can take some of the rock with me and get closer to the spot for this bauble to do it's thing, I'd already be set to return to Ran and... hopefully, return to my time."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #713 on: July 10, 2016, 05:10:44 PM »
>Oof, yeah, we might be able to lift it but we wouldn't be able to carry it long at all. Alice is much stronger, but having her carry it all the way to Ran still would be... well. Not to mention it might be difficult for Ran to use.
>"Hey, Alice." Gesture at the rock. "I believe this was part of the Scarlet Devil Mansion's foundation. That would make it old enough for my purposes, but... it's a bit too large and heavy. Do you have any ideas for breaking off a chunk of it? I suppose, if nothing else, if there was somewhere to obtain a pickaxe... I'm not sure who'd have such a thing in Gensokyo, though."
>Peek at the pearl, as well.
>"If I can take some of the rock with me and get closer to the spot for this bauble to do it's thing, I'd already be set to return to Ran and... hopefully, return to my time."

>"Did she say the object needed to be intact?" says Alice. "Assuming it is not buried too deeply, I may be able to move it. I would have to devote all my attention to this, I should warn."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #714 on: July 11, 2016, 12:33:28 AM »
>Did Ran say such a thing?

I only recall her saying something that's weathered the years from here to there. Granted, honestly, one could probably pick up a big rock on youkai mountain and be safe for that, but that would just be too easy in a sort of obvious "no." fashion.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #715 on: July 11, 2016, 12:53:46 AM »
>Did Ran say such a thing?

>She did not. But perhaps she implied it? It's hard to say...

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #716 on: July 11, 2016, 01:10:19 AM »
>"...perhaps we should leave this for a last resort if Reimu and the Eientei ruins don't work out. The foundation won't be going anywhere, and on second thought, I'm not sure Ran would find something like this to be... ah, satisfactory. Especially so if I broke off a chunk rather than taking the entire thing. For now, I'll concentrate on getting the echoes I came for."
>Would we be able to re-find this rock without too much trouble?

This brings us back to the previous issue of finding the exact spot.

>Keeping in mind where the stairs were, would we be... roughly in the ballpark of the entrance of the past library, or well into it already, or? Or do we just not have any idea?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #717 on: July 11, 2016, 01:15:04 AM »
>"...perhaps we should leave this for a last resort if Reimu and the Eientei ruins don't work out. The foundation won't be going anywhere, and on second thought, I'm not sure Ran would find something like this to be... ah, satisfactory. Especially so if I broke off a chunk rather than taking the entire thing. For now, I'll concentrate on getting the echoes I came for."
>Would we be able to re-find this rock without too much trouble?
>Keeping in mind where the stairs were, would we be... roughly in the ballpark of the entrance of the past library, or well into it already, or? Or do we just not have any idea?

>"As you wish," says Alice.
>You think so, now that you've cleared things around it a bit.
>You imagine, if you just banged your shin on the foundation, you probably are close to the doorway. Perhaps just a few feet off.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #718 on: July 11, 2016, 01:39:12 AM »
Reading through first chapter...

>"I think I'm at the library entrance. I'm going to attempt to retrace my steps... it shouldn't have to be too exact, I hope, even if it was only this morning."
>With consideration that, if there is minor deviations necessary to account for trees and such in the way, it doesn't matter and we should just attempt to proceed roughly in the correct direction... move like this-
1.Enter several yards into the "library" ahead of us. If we aren't sure which direction that is, just continue the way we've been walking so far and pretend it's the right one.
2.Move several more yards to the right and ahead of our new position after #1.
3.Move about twice as far as #2 to the west, and then "west" of this position four times as far as #2... roughly.
4.Let's assume the direction we've been moving in #3 as "south", so for example, moving back the way we came would be north. Proceed west whilst looking at the pearl until we can notice a change in it's color.

>...if there are any complications with following the steps or something happens of interest, then just keep in mind which number of our plan we were interrupted at.

I TRIED. Honestly it could probably be simplified to "try to head into the library center as we remember from the entrance, then do #4."

edit:ACTUALLY YOU KNOW WHAT.
>Can we proceed from here roughly to where we think the center of the library used to be? It doesn't matter if we're a decent amount off.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 01:42:06 AM by Serela »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #719 on: July 11, 2016, 01:48:28 AM »
>Can we proceed from here roughly to where we think the center of the library used to be? It doesn't matter if we're a decent amount off.

>Assuming you are actually at the door, and the local flora doesn't interfere, you think you ought to be able to.

>_