Author Topic: Post Restriction Mafia  (Read 20404 times)

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
Re: Post Restriction Mafia
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2016, 02:37:28 AM »
The only thing I could possibly see in Patorikku's is a compulsion to claim haven been cut by any post made remotely close to his own. ( ゚,_ゝ゚)
Nope. Not it. Y'all just keep posting RIGHT BEFORE I GET A CHANCE TO >:C

At least that means the game is sorta in motion

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2016, 02:46:24 AM »
Dormio is your PR spelling everyone's names wrong??
:toot:

AHAHAHA YEAH PX ALREADY VOTED HIM IT'S A GOOD THING I BACKSPACED THE VOTE AND CHECKED BEFORE ACTUALLY DOING IT
Actually XP unvoted and moved his vote to you, not that it really matters.

You make a fair point. My suspicion is on the fact that the post restriction is already something Serela is well known for doing in the first place, but I can't prove one way or the other if it's an actual PR or a PR that was convenient enough for scum!Serela to use as their fake PR. I wouldn't immediately drop a vote on someone over that.
You seem to be putting a lot of weight on that one point, however. I don't intend on starting up a lynch on anyone without more info. I'd at least like to get some discussion going before dropping down an actual vote.
And why are you so afraid of voting? It's not as though anyone is going to be stupid enough to just hammer someone out of the blue. Unless it's Selery.
But even Serely wouldn't be stupid enough to hammer... himself... in LYLO...
The trauma is real.

The only thing I could possibly see in Patorikku's is a compulsion to claim haven been cut by any post made remotely close to his own. ( ゚,_ゝ゚)
Selery you're so silly. Patrick's restriction is obviously the need to include a quote in every post he makes.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2016, 02:47:44 AM »
Patorikku, why... do you have to quote someone in every post?  。゚+.ღ(ゝ◡ ⚈᷀᷁ღ)

I'm actually getting in bed now. I look forward to waking up to everyone's PRs grovelling at my guessing prowess or otherwise vehemently denying me like the 500 pound 30 year dweeaboo that I'm not.

DNA ONLY ESCAPES DUE TO NOT HAVING ANY POSTS YET щ(゚Д゚щ)

cut by I sure am bad at votes apparently LOOK I THOUGHT IT WASN'T GOING TO END THAT DAY NOO YOU STOLE MY GUESS ABOU TTHE QUOTES YOU EVIL MAN (つд⊂)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2016, 02:51:46 AM »
Selery you're so silly. Patrick's restriction is obviously the need to include a quote in every post he makes.
Spot on with that one. I thought, with all the quotes from in thread, someone might guess that I had to specifically quote someone from in the thread and I'd shoot that down but WHOOPTY DO IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE WHO WOULD EVEN SAY THAT

dumb plan was dumb, back to the discourse

Cut by 1

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2016, 02:52:58 AM »
Patorikku, why... do you have to quote someone in every post?  。゚+.ღ(ゝ◡ ⚈᷀᷁ღ)
serela pls

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2016, 03:04:22 AM »
And why are you so afraid of voting? It's not as though anyone is going to be stupid enough to just hammer someone out of the blue. Unless it's Selery.
Probably because we only have 2 lynches, and I want to make good use of them and not throw either away on a wild hunch I can prove nothing on.
Hammer or not, I'd rather be cautious with my votes.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2016, 04:21:15 AM »
Haha! I am very much happy right now!

Okay, so excited to get back into some mafia action! Let's all try to get along merrily together while eating popcorn!

-I don't like how Serela seems too reactive! It sounds rather scummy!
-Patrick seems to be rather playing to stay under the radar! Agree with Dormio on that looking scummy!
-That said however, dormio's progressive accusation from attacking patrick's serela case which eventually elevated to doubting patrick's intention altogether seems to be setting Patrick up for a D1 lynch rather than making an organic case! Very suspicious!

So all things considered! I am very happy to place my vote on dormio now!

Vote: Dormio

>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2016, 06:09:29 AM »
List of people DNA is suspicious of
-Serela
-Patrick
-Dormio
-Now DNA not liking everybody is pretty nice, don't you agree gents? Not to mention that being the last one to enter is a pretty good scum move for this game
-Celery: No it is not, I just like being consistent

Now I don't agree with all this PR calling so early, since all it does is give more information to the scum as to how they should shape their fake PR. Anyhow, since all the cats are out of the bag would anyone object to DNA making a few blank posts to expose his own PR to us all?

I'm pretty sure it involves being happy in your posts, is anyone else getting a sense of deja vu from this?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 08:00:46 AM by PX »

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2016, 06:13:06 AM »
I also fail to see how Serela seems to be reactive when he's proactively trying to expose all the PRs
I also forgot my vote
##Unvote
##Vote DNAbc
##Vote DNAbc

-Head
-Shoulders
-Knees
-And
-Toes

Repeat after me!

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2016, 06:27:18 AM »
Now I don't agree with all this PR calling so early, since all it does is give more information to the scum as to how they should shape their fake PR. Anyhow, since all the cats are out of the bag would anyone object to DNA making a few blank posts to expose his own PR to us all?

I'm pretty sure it involves being happy in your posts, is anyone else getting a sense of deja vu from this?
He also uses exclamation points as his sole punctuation. That may or may not have something to do with it, if I had to guess, but it almost seems as if there are two plausible cases for what his PR can be. I do want to hear more from DNA in order to pinpoint those details, but his cases feel solid to me.

And yeah, in hindsight, maybe trying to guess PRs so early wasn't such a good idea after all... :ohdear: 

In any case I can agree that entering the game this late is a decent scum strategy to make use of PR information to this point. I don't disagree with DNA's logic when it comes to his scum tells, though, so I'm curious why you hold suspicion over those.

Cut by 1

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2016, 06:31:59 AM »
I also fail to see how Serela seems to be reactive when he's proactively trying to expose all the PRs
That's a fair point, but now that you mention it, I want to ask Serela why trying to guess all the PRs so early would be beneficial for town. My case was to try and weed out some decent town reads by half-right answers getting denials and such, but we all can clearly see why that didn't work...
Repeat after me!
I-is that a call out?

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2016, 07:30:29 AM »
Yes! I am blessed with the wonderful gift of having to be needlessly joyous all the time!

As for attacking my participation time, i find it rather uncalled for as i simply live at a different timezone! That and diminished commitment in mafia also! Which is unfortunate! Lets be nice to eachothers irl obligations shall we?

As for my scumtell! Even though i pointed suspicion at three players, i made dormio my clear pick and elaborated amply on him!  px's logic seems flawed as he seemd to assume i can only suspect one player at the time, which is incorrect!

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2016, 08:14:49 AM »
-Why not? If I were scum I would intentionally hold off on committing to a PR until most of the others have posted. We cannot prove your real life commitments (not to mention you used 18 out of 48 hours before posting), so it should naturally be something to look out for.
-Can you explain how Serela is being reactionary in response to my response to your response?
-I fail to see your point on Dormio, when the only line after his vote was asking him why he was afraid of voting
-Suspicion on mutiple people is fine, when you just throw out lines about everybody at the same time, that it is not
-Patorikku is indeed lurking in the shadows however, I will agree with that. Are you going to do something anytime soon?

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2016, 08:56:34 AM »
VOTECOUNT

:^) If I didn't count your vote, it'll be because it doesn't count.

DNAbc: Serela, PX
Serela: Dormio, PX
PX:
Dormio: Patorikku, DNAbc
Patorikku: PX, Dormio

Three votes required to lynch, DNAbc is at 2 votes!

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to mention there's about ~37 hours left in Day 1!

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2016, 10:43:59 AM »
-Rephrasing: Patrick are you going to doing nothing but agreeing with people and waffling ala Serela?
-Was going to say when did Serela vote DNA but looked up and realized it was his first vote :getdown:
-Serela: Why are you trying to out PRs so early?
-Ellen Baker is the greatest english teacher in the history of anime
-Ellen Baker is not anime. Do not sexualize your English teacher.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2016, 11:24:24 AM »
Everyone Is Scum posts are scummy. Yes townies make them sometimes but even if I haven't played mafia in ever, I still remember that, when I don't seriously think everyone -is- understandably scummy, everyone is scum posts more often come from scum themselves.

Exposing PRs doesn't really mean anything one way or the other because, if you haven't noticed, they were pretty much all fairly damn easy to guess. You think scum can't identify half of these without someone pointing them out, especially considering they're the only one who actively somewhat needed to? ( ಠ◡ಠ ) Just one or two out of four is enough to get a solid idea of what they need to go for with their own. And scum has to "commit" to their PR from their very first post.

But I made the first post myself, and Dormio is PR mastermind, and after that those simple posts it wouldn't be unrealistic for scum to guess "Okay, if they can post like that, it can't be that hard of a restriction" so I don't think we can use that information for much use. Sure, theoretically you can blame DNA for lurking 18 hours because he wanted people to guess all the PRs first. Except, uh. ...doesn't DNA normally lurk a ton anyway?

Hmm. I guess if you go off time stuff and sleeping schedules it gets to where "He didn't want to be in one of the first 5~8 posts when it was too hard to tell" and then was just plain not here as activity drastically went up for awhile. So it could sorta make sense. But I think with DNA's meta and the above points it's pretty null in any case.

I'm mostly just rambling now because I don't know what else we're really gonna scumhunt with I guess. tl;dr I -do- think he's worth lynching compared to the other choices based off errybuddy scum. ED1 tier case strong??? ᕦ(⊙︿⊙ˇ)ᕤ

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2016, 12:17:00 PM »
EDIT: Whoops, forgot to mention there's about ~37 hours left in Day 1!

Everyone who corretly paid attention knows I was wrong. 26 hours have passed. 22 remain.

With respect to RVS I'm willing to extend the deadline for Day 1 if so requested.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2016, 03:11:17 PM »
I am glad serela does try to dissect my activity! It is indeed true i am not the type to fake disinterest regardless of investment, as evident from my previous scum games, i would rather stronghand for someones lynch forcibly!

Besides, my real life commitment can actually be proved! My locating my ip you would easily identify that i am in the glorious land of gmt+8, which means i do indeed have very different sleep schedules compared to you murrica folks!

As for my serela being reactionary argument, i thought it was actually rather obvious! Given how the nature of PRs is really broad and inherently discourages speculation, scum has a million possible ways to fake prs! An example i just come up with is that scum can even post without intentionally commiting until they agree with the first wild guess from town! Therefore while i appreciate the effort, i consider serelas guessing not a positive demonstration of scumhunting intent!

Though i must add serela defending me does slightly improve my opinion, well see!

Oh, and i would also would regrettably have to remind us once again pxs argument on me pointing fingers is scummy is logically flawed! As i pointed out in my previous response, my arguments are elaborated to different extents, and i did clearly state which one is more suspicious from my perspective! As scumtells not absolute indicators of scums, noting them fairly as i see helps progress discussion on players! Which is not the classic scum behavior of setting up lynches as you are so quick to assume!

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2016, 03:35:35 PM »
-Serela: Why are you trying to out PRs so early?
I swear I was already asking this question. I hope you're not just skipping over my text and claiming I'm doing nothing. >:\  Fine, lemme sort out where I stand on this...

- Serela doesn't really have any hugely scummy details, as far as I can tell. DNA made the point of Serela being too reactionary, but there are active attempts to scum hunt given the limited tools present, perhaps more than anyone else. I don't know how I feel about presenting meta reads that present DNA as null; that doesn't do a lot for anyone, but it still shows that Serela's putting an effort toward figuring this out. I'm leaning town on Serela.
- Dormio's big move so far was voting me based off of one admittedly poorly worded remark about Serela's PR. I want to see what Dormio has to say in response to DNA's suspicions before I place my vote on him, but as DNA said, his case doesn't feel organic, and despite arguing the interest I put in Serela seemed like lining up a D1 lynch, the same can be said on his push on me. Dormio's my big scumread right now.
- PX's PR vexes me. It feels as if all that's needed is five bullet points with some amount of words in each post, whether or not it's a consistent and tidy list or disorganized thoughts? I find it interesting you're the first person to note any discontent with exposing PRs early, because Serela made a good point that they're fairly easy to guess, and scum wouldn't need to sit on their hands for long to figure out how to make use of their own fake one. Not only that, but everyone but Dormio had softed their PRs (if we can even call it softing) in their confirms, so at this point I'd consider that null and I'd consider you null in alignment.
- That only leaves DNA, who did make a wonky point on Serela's activity, and has been making a sort of "everyone is scummy" read. Can't say I feel good about that, but other than the Serela case, his scumreads are valid points on both Dormio and myself. I feel more of a town vibe on DNA at the moment, but apparently no one else feels the same. *shrug*

So yeah, I want to hear from Dormio.

Cut by 1

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2016, 08:33:25 PM »
DNAc/Dc is being weird, as per usual.
His points are inconsistent, I don't like it.
For example, in #36, DANbc says that he agrees with my case on Hatrick  and therefore finds Patrick scummy but then goes on to state in the same post that he finds me scummy because of my case on Paddock.
Like, how does that even make sense?
Also, the point against me is stupid as well. It's nice and all to make some broad claim about how my case "isn't organic" but you've kind of got to back it up.
Like I could say that I don't like Selery right now because his posts seem like they have an ulterior motive but leaving it at that would be nothing but a lazy way to put fake suspicion on Cerulean on my part.
Alas, there is only one scum in this game.

The fact that PaDrich is agreeing with this drivel, particularly in regards to the whole "organic" thing, doesn't raise my opinion of him at all.
I feel like Patrick is grasping at straws while looking for methods to defend himself if he's agreeing with Deoxyribonucleic Acid's points as a counterargument against me.
I want to note how Patreich is also trying to win over DrinkNinjaXYZ with a lot of comments about how he agrees with him and including things like "his scumreads are both valid points on Dorito and myself".
Why do you feel the need to buddy so hard?
I also think that "one admittedly poorly worded remark" is a bit of an understatement, I think that remark came from a scum mindset.
Anyway, to sum, recent activity doesn't make me feel like changing my vote right now.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2016, 09:46:42 PM »
DNAc/Dc is being weird, as per usual.
His points are inconsistent, I don't like it.
For example, in #36, DANbc says that he agrees with my case on Hatrick  and therefore finds Patrick scummy but then goes on to state in the same post that he finds me scummy because of my case on Paddock.
Like, how does that even make sense?
It would help to mention that his agreement was toward my behaviour seeming like I was trying to keep out of trouble, not the entire case. Your haste to declare I was setting up D1 lynches is what he saw as scummy.

Also, the point against me is stupid as well. It's nice and all to make some broad claim about how my case "isn't organic" but you've kind of got to back it up.
Like I could say that I don't like Selery right now because his posts seem like they have an ulterior motive but leaving it at that would be nothing but a lazy way to put fake suspicion on Cerulean on my part.
dormio's progressive accusation from attacking patrick's serela case which eventually elevated to doubting patrick's intention altogether seems to be setting Patrick up for a D1 lynch rather than making an organic case!
Was this not enough information to back it up?

I want to note how Patreich is also trying to win over DrinkNinjaXYZ with a lot of comments about how he agrees with him and including things like "his scumreads are both valid points on Dorito and myself".
Why do you feel the need to buddy so hard?
Can't help it if I agree with something I find logical. I admit, my play has been excessively passive and reactive, however until now I haven't spotted any clear inconsistencies in anyone's posts.

I also think that "one admittedly poorly worded remark" is a bit of an understatement, I think that remark came from a scum mindset.
Agree to disagree, I guess.

Anyway, to sum, recent activity doesn't make me feel like changing my vote right now.
Well, that makes one of us.

##Vote Dormio

Despite what you've said, I don't see any major inconsistencies with DNA's cases. If anything, your case on him seems to indicate you're misconstruing his actual points intentionally to discredit my input and make me look scummier for agreeing with him, as well as to present favor to town's current bandwagon. An error like that reads out fairly scummy to me.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2016, 02:17:59 AM »
Hey! Thanks for getting the discussion going!

I very much appreciate Patrorikku's defense of me! While this demonstration of effort would normally would be a town behavior, to defend my position as the likely D1 lynch is beneficial to scum, as they know for sure dormio is not scum and his flip will I draw the focus of discussion even into D2! Coupled with a shortage of time today until a hammer, I can see from a strategic standpoint how this can be a scum play to hit two birds with one stone! But direction aside, I can't dispute Patrorikku's content passes for me! That probably has to do with how he ships my case and therefore I am biased, some more people telling me if my case is okay is appreciate! At this point however I think I am null over Patrorikku!

Now onto dormio! I realize that if you refuse to accept that from my perspective its helpful to note scumtells as they happen, then my post is going to look weird however you see it! However! I want to make clear a full picture of scum/town ness is only meaningful when there's sufficient content, which we definitely do not have at this stage! Hence my post is justified at my viewpoint!

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2016, 03:35:22 AM »
So due to lack of content you're saying it's okay to just say something looks scummy and not elaborate when asked? Alright, my vote stays

-This deadline is an eyesore. Disappear
-This chair
-This chair
-This chair
-I would like an extension of day 1

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2016, 03:40:21 AM »
So let me get this straight. Your case on Dormio is that he's trying to force a case, which he's doing because there's little content, while you're just content on sitting here and not making cases until people say stuff which doesn't happen until people start making cases and having people say stuff?
-This chair
-This chair
-This chair
-This chair
-I'll have the chicken

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2016, 03:47:49 AM »
On top of that not only did your post elaborate why Patrick's defense of you is a scummy move, you're still not responding to elaborating how Dormio's points are scummy. Use your magical quoting powers to point out how his posts work towards your logic points towards scum
-This chair
-This chair
-This chair
-This chair
-KINGDOM HEARTS IS LIGHT!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2016, 03:52:37 AM »
I just got home from work. It's just about bedtime though. z.z

Awkwardland where I'm not sure if I'm trying to hammer (or at least lay a vote down to facilitate the possibility) or just figuring "well, we'll probably get the extension, right?" since I'm totally not going to be awake for current deadline.

Skimming over recent posts shows that I still would most rather lynch DNA. Trying to go into deeper thought leads me into wifom tunnel because A.40~ hours into d1 and B.Unusual scum play meta for this setup. (Even so, I do have people I think are not likely to be the scum. No, it's none of your business right now.)

Mmn. I'm pretty content with a DNA lynch in any case. Let's see, where's a votecount. Wait, I'm already voting DNA? Oops I guess I did never get around to bolding that unvote. Well. That works then??
##Vote Extension ?
-This deadline is an eyesore. Disappear
-This chair
-This chair
-This chair
-I would like an extension of day 1
-This chair
-This chair
-This chair
-This chair
-I'll have the chicken
-This chair
-This chair
-This chair
-This chair
-KINGDOM HEARTS IS LIGHT!
This chair?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2016, 03:54:11 AM »
but yeah I'm going to bed. (Fun fact, I forgot to add an emoticon into the last post, almost panicked, then saw I had made one in the first line without thinking about it. This is truly the best post restriction for me.  :3 )

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2016, 04:05:03 AM »
##Vote Extension
##Vote Extension

-This
-Is
-A
-List
-Butts

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2016, 04:40:39 AM »
##Vote Extension

Hey! Thanks for getting the discussion going!
This passive aggressive quote could not be a better representation on how I feel the day passed by...

In any case, I'm starting to feel my support of DNA wavering. Each post he makes since he posted his scum reads seems to be just reactive to what everyone else is directing at him, and despite that, there's no elaboration on any of his cases as PX and Dormio have been requesting. That seems like an awfully defensive play, especially so because it seems as if you're merely hinting at the former being scummy and never building on your case on the latter.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2016, 09:53:09 AM »
So let me get this straight. Your case on Dormio is that he's trying to force a case, which he's doing because there's little content, while you're just content on sitting here and not making cases until people say stuff which doesn't happen until people start making cases and having people say stuff?
Vote: Extension
I am very happy we have so much discussion going on!

I regrettably have to inform you that said representation is inaccurate! While its a valid perspective to assume Dormio is forcing a case because of a lack of content, I find him deliberately tunneling on Patrick's case itself to be compelling as it went from initially what was RVS Vote->Serious Vote->Hey Guys let's lynch Patrick because he's buddying DNAbc. Patrick has done a grand total of three things this game, and that's exactly this three. So here we have dormio parsing everything Patrick has done as scummy just plain doesn't fly with me. Additionally, dormio did complain about the inconsistency of my 'pointing fingers at everyone' case before, so why is he so stalwart and content on stacking his vote on Patrick, who arguably has not done any such 'classic' scum behavior without reviewing his vote? I find that goes way past the line of just 'forcing cases because there's little content', scum behavior, in my opinion.

Also in response to Patrorikku,  I simply don't see a necessity to be proactive in finding alt. options with so little time. We have the DNAbc case, which is basically the only option that has been discussed and the one likely to happen, so I am fine with not finding alt. lynchees even if this means my lynch, as this ensures my flip will be informative in showing player interactions (or deliberate negligence and distancing tactics, such as from Serela) and leaving useful information. We have only 1 free lynch, and given how alt wagons such as dormio  don't really have any debates on it, and I honestly am not entirely confident dormio is scum, I see allowing my own flip to be as informational as possible to be the best compromise.