Author Topic: le-crap - Updated to Version 0.2.0  (Read 3087 times)

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
le-crap - Updated to Version 0.2.0
« on: July 06, 2015, 09:49:28 PM »
Behold, I have totally not ripped off thcrap! (srsly though this program works completely different)

This is the first release of le-crap: a patcher designed for Jinx's Len'en Project games.

It works simply by taking translations directly from the wiki, and patching them into the game.

It's hard to really explain it in words, so you can download it here.

NOTE: This patcher is INCOMPLETE. If you really want a fully translated game, use Popfan's Translation Patch. This is mainly being posted to obtain feedback and make sure that things work.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 12:35:05 AM by Tsurubami Senri »
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Re: le-crap - Version 0.1.0 Released!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 10:06:11 PM »
I have not used this program because I don't play the Len'en games, but I just want to say that you MIGHT want to change the name of this program to something different. There's already enough backlash from thcrap being called what it is, so I can't see anybody taking your work seriously if you just call it "le crap"

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
Re: le-crap - Version 0.1.0 Released!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 12:16:42 AM »
Eh, I know. Le-crap was started BEFORE I read the whole deal with thcrap's name. I MIGHT change it, but it's a bit of a pain to change a project name. I could change what I call it on the forums and maybe the github name easily, but changing the name in the code is just a pain.

As a side note: the current version does not work with the latest release of BPoHC. I'm working on fixing that (I'm almost done too, just gotta get the formatting right).

...I'm also planning on creating my own database for the project, due to problems hosting it on the wiki and other problems for hosting on the thcrap patch center.
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
Re: le-crap - Updated to Version 0.2.0
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 12:40:04 AM »
Ok, that was quicker than I expected.

Updated le-crap to version 0.2.0. Now supports all in-game dialogue (in the demo). Be warned, I wasn't able to get a second opinion for this release. Please post how well it worked on here. Oh, and be sure that your game is up to date (Version 0.02b), otherwise it DEFINITELY won't work.

Next up I'm going to work on supporting patching for the other text-based translations (spell cards, some menu options, etc.).
Sudo make me a sandwich.