Author Topic: Are You a Squid Now? - Splatoon Thread  (Read 98555 times)

Picochilla

• Just a random Chinchilla
Re: Are You a Squid Now? - Splatoon Thread
« Reply #390 on: August 07, 2015, 01:48:20 PM »
Well... i tried the 2 new Weapons..

Slosher: Actually good range, bomb and Special. But it still doesn't one-shot ther guys.
Splatling Gun: Some weird hybrid of Charger and Aerospray. Does good damage, but it's akward to use.

Imma staying with my actual weapons right now, wich is different each Mode:
-Turf War: N-Zap (The orange one) or .Gal 59
-Splat Zones: Depending on the map either Kelp Splatterscope od the E-LitreK3 Scope
-Tower Control: Lunar Blaster

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #391 on: August 07, 2015, 04:35:20 PM »
Is it me or does everyone play like at different times? (Although I've bumped into Kanjou and Helepolis before) I tend to play GMT+8 midnight to around 4-5am, which is 9am (PT) onwards (You yurops have DST so I have no idea how to calculate that  :derp: )

Yesterday I did a twin squad battle with a friend over Skype and it was the first time I actually had fun in Tower Control! B+ now :toot: There was a really funny match where we both picked buckets the Sloshers even though we hardly tried them yet and we expected us to feed badly and thus cause our team to lose but then the opposing team was a full party of 4 sloshers and we just steamrolled a win heheh

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #392 on: August 07, 2015, 05:42:55 PM »
Sent some friend requests out to some of y'all, let's splat!

Picochilla

« Reply #393 on: August 07, 2015, 08:24:07 PM »
Sent some friend requests out to some of y'all, let's splat!
You can add me under the NNID PicochillaTH if you want.
(and anybody else too)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #394 on: August 07, 2015, 08:54:41 PM »
Is it me or does everyone play like at different times? (Although I've bumped into Kanjou and Helepolis before) I tend to play GMT+8 midnight to around 4-5am, which is 9am (PT) onwards (You yurops have DST so I have no idea how to calculate that  :derp: )
GMT+2 here due to DST.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #395 on: August 08, 2015, 03:06:55 AM »
I just had a huuuge winstreak in ranked and very nearly ranked up to B. I can't get a back-and-forth going, it's only all wins or all losses. I don't understand it.

Also discovered a new thing I have trouble with. I can not EVER beat Sloshers when they have a height advantage. In Tower Control once they're on a tower they might as well be rapid-fire chargers with wider firing arcs, getting close to them to knock them off is just way too hard. I can't figure it out. I think I need sticky bombs and I do not have them. Maybe it's just a matter of praying my Inkzooka is up.

On a sort-of-related note, found a new piece of clothing I looooove. I had been wearing the white button-up, but there's a new version of it with a tie that's super cool. Also the galoshes are cute, but they don't seem to really go with anything I have. I assume there's a raincoat and hat to go with them, which is a fun idea for a set, but I haven't seen them yet.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Picochilla

« Reply #396 on: August 08, 2015, 08:45:28 AM »
I just had a huuuge winstreak in ranked and very nearly ranked up to B. I can't get a back-and-forth going, it's only all wins or all losses. I don't understand it.

I know that feel bro. It's either u get a good Team or a Team who doesn't know how to handle the easiest things.
I also got Stuck somewhere in the B+ Ranks...

Also discovered a new thing I have trouble with. I can not EVER beat Sloshers when they have a height advantage. In Tower Control once they're on a tower they might as well be rapid-fire chargers with wider firing arcs, getting close to them to knock them off is just way too hard. I can't figure it out. I think I need sticky bombs and I do not have them. Maybe it's just a matter of praying my Inkzooka is up.

I played yesterday Tower Control with the Lunar Blaster and i never had the Problem. One advantage of the Lunar Blaster is, it splats every Opponent in 1 or 2 shots when they're on the Tower. It actually covers up the whole Platform there, wich is pretty much useful there.

Also: Some stage Objects in Ranked Battles are removed and newer one are added. I.E. the barrages at the Top in arowana mall for the Chargers are Removed and new Platforms are added at the sides of the Center.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #397 on: August 08, 2015, 09:24:53 AM »
Dynamo Rollers and Luna/Custom Blasters will take out anybody on the tower in 1/2 shots. Either use them or pray you have one on your team. Otherwise you really need to find a location to get higher angle. This is heavily map dependant though.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #398 on: August 08, 2015, 12:13:43 PM »
Splatfest motherfuckers

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #399 on: August 08, 2015, 01:45:52 PM »
Splatfest motherfuckers
Be quiet you inferior GMT minus being. The GMT and GMT+ folks are still chillin'

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #400 on: August 08, 2015, 01:54:00 PM »
Be quiet you inferior GMT minus being. The GMT and GMT+ folks are still chillin'
You can private match during a splatfest now

pasu

« Reply #401 on: August 08, 2015, 03:00:49 PM »
You can private match during a splatfest now

Well now you're all yurops and I'm like in the NA minority ;_;

Picochilla

« Reply #402 on: August 08, 2015, 03:01:54 PM »
My South Pole Team is ready for it!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #403 on: August 08, 2015, 03:14:41 PM »
South Pole present!  This time I am ready because I preselected Cold Blooded! Splattershot Jr will be my friend again for this Splat Fest.

But first, my Niece's birthday party  :toot:

Picochilla

« Reply #404 on: August 08, 2015, 03:16:32 PM »
South Pole present!  This time I am ready because I preselected Cold Blooded!

You can Pre-Select main abilitys? How?

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #405 on: August 08, 2015, 03:16:58 PM »
Well now you're all yurops and I'm like in the NA minority ;_;
GMT+10 is fun.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #406 on: August 08, 2015, 03:23:48 PM »
You can Pre-Select main abilitys? How?
Eh? No you misunderstood :V 

Previous SplatFest I forgot to equip my Cold Blooded shirt. Because during SplatFest you cannot change your shirt once it kicks off  :X

Picochilla

« Reply #407 on: August 08, 2015, 03:47:15 PM »

Previous SplatFest I forgot to equip my Cold Blooded shirt. Because during SplatFest you cannot change your shirt once it kicks off  :X

Aah... now i understood. ^^"

pasu

« Reply #408 on: August 08, 2015, 05:22:28 PM »
South Pole present!  This time I am ready because I preselected Cold Blooded! Splattershot Jr will be my friend again for this Splat Fest.

But first, my Niece's birthday party  :toot:

But they force the splatfest tee on you don't they? Unless you managed to roll cold blooded on to it then welp nice job

Argh I only had 2 hours of sleep before I went out to play card games in the afternoon for 7 hours and was hoping to splat when I got home but of course my sister who has been home the entire day decides to play it while I had my dinner now I'll have to wait until she gets bored

Edit: wait.. what? There's... there's no white ink! Why?? Whaaaa
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 05:26:51 PM by pasu »

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #409 on: August 08, 2015, 05:59:02 PM »

Uh, Helepolis...

But they force the splatfest tee on you don't they? Unless you managed to roll cold blooded on to it then welp nice job
Pasu is right, you are required to use the Splatfest shirt for Splatfest. Hope you leveled it up ahead of time, otherwise RIP

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #410 on: August 08, 2015, 07:50:05 PM »
Oh snap I guess you're all right. All South Pole people have the Special Saver as skill on their tee.

Edit: I forgot why I disliked SplatFest. Frikken region lock. They should really remove it already and make it a 48h event.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 08:11:32 PM by Helepolis »

Picochilla

« Reply #411 on: August 08, 2015, 08:26:28 PM »
Managed to get Max rank (aka South Pole Queen) at around 10PM CEST... Just lost 4 or 5 Battles wich is actually really awesome.

But can it be that North Pole has a higher popularity? If yes, then South Pole need to pray on the wins.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #412 on: August 08, 2015, 08:52:32 PM »
I was having a solid team which four of us kept on continueing. We played like 10 games in a row and won them all until the game decided to throw the white "Unable to connect to client" error.

:qq:

pasu

« Reply #413 on: August 08, 2015, 09:20:24 PM »
Well popularity only gets a 2x bonus now while wins get a 4x bonus so its more balanced yeah

Edit: how long are the waits for you guys? It doesn't take long for my team to form but matching up with another team takes 1-2 minutes here

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #414 on: August 08, 2015, 09:39:15 PM »
Well popularity only gets a 2x bonus now while wins get a 4x bonus so its more balanced yeah

Edit: how long are the waits for you guys? It doesn't take long for my team to form but matching up with another team takes 1-2 minutes here
I stopped playing after my awesome team got forcefully errored. Though the games were 30-60s wait at max. Though in EU now all kids are gone to bed so I stopped playing too.

Instead, to work my sorrow away, I was doing this:

[attach=1]

:V

pasu

« Reply #415 on: August 08, 2015, 10:30:16 PM »
Christ it keeps happening, I keep getting 700-900 points but I keep losing and I only get +2 per battle on this lose streak uuughh

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #416 on: August 08, 2015, 10:55:15 PM »
I juat keep getting Marshmallow Vs. Marshmallow matches over and over. It sucks.

Also, FUCK Moray Towers. Worst map in game, please stop putting me on it 2/3 matches.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #417 on: August 08, 2015, 10:58:43 PM »
I actually enjoy Moray Towers; I love jumping between platforms, and actually teaching fellow Inklings that yes, you can jump off the sides and still live~ :V

Also, Kamiko strikes again!

The Queen of the South Pole; and with that, 3 MAX titles out of 3 Splatfests. And not one match was South v South; which means popularity wise, it could be pretty even. So we'll see how it all pans out~ XD

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #418 on: August 08, 2015, 10:59:06 PM »
Sometimes I think I should change my display name during Splatfest because it looks a little odd to see "Vic Viper: Hot Dog Queen" :V

pasu

« Reply #419 on: August 09, 2015, 01:06:33 AM »
And its done! Didn't take as long as I thought, about 3~3.5 hours from scratch to Queen?

[attach=1]

Drew a celebratory miiverse post because  :getdown:

[attach=2]

what was everyone's weapons? I used the Slosher because the maps was just asking for it, followed by the carbon roller and then the Sploosh-a-matic for the last stretch. I don't use the Sploosh normally in normal turf wars but man beacon + killer wail is a pretty great support combo.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 01:08:32 AM by pasu »