Author Topic: Thcrap Questions  (Read 15048 times)

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Re: Thcrap Questions
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2015, 02:51:01 AM »
Would giving support to HM make it easier to patch ULiL? They're based on the same engine, so logically it should be a little bit easier to adapt to ULiL than HM.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2015, 09:35:06 AM »
Yes, it would.
I tried to give some deadlines estimations a while ago : https://www.facebook.com/TouhouPatchCenter/posts/875098309216417
I think HM support would take 4 to 6 months, and ULiL support would take 1 to 3 months. From what I've seen, the most important differences between HM and ULiL are the RSA key, the slightly different file format and the hundred of anti-hack stuff. The first 2 problems will be dealt with during the ULiL static patch, and I hope 3rd one won't bother me that much.

But there is a really important point when we talk about adding HM or ULiL support in thcrap : "Due to the game's fragmented manner of loading data files, creating patches that work with [thpatch], the same way as the ones for the Team Shanghai Alice games, is quite painful" (https://thpatch.net/wiki/Touhou_Patch_Center:FAQ/en#tasofro). Personally, to add HM support in thpatch, I'm completely rewriting the file patching code of thcrap from scratch.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2015, 11:28:22 AM »
Re: the anti-hack checks in ULiL, there was this tool that could get rid of the ones that prevent the game from running in certain cases. Though the source doesn't seem to be available, it might help you since you can compare between the original executable and the generated one to see which checks got removed.

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2015, 02:29:44 PM »
Yes, I know this tool. And indeed it may be useful.
Thanks anyway.