Author Topic: AC : NL vs FEA  (Read 1574 times)

AC : NL vs FEA
« on: May 05, 2014, 10:07:55 PM »
I just got a $50 eShop gift card for some Japanese holiday and would like to know what to spend it on. I have both a 3DS and a Wii U (yeah, pretty much sucks) and would like to know what to buy. I'm currently considering, with equal desire, Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing. I have BDFF, Kid Icarus, and Pok?mon X and Y already, along with ALBW. So just tell me what I should get, being a Touhouer and all.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: AC : NL vs FEA
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 10:08:50 PM »
Fiiiiiiire Emblem.

They're both good though.

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 10:10:54 PM »
Fiiiiiiire Emblem.

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre Emmmmmmmblemmmmmmm.

But what if Touhou were console ? Mebbeh then...

PurpleTheGuy

• Purple and Violet
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 10:47:45 PM »
Hmm, I'm not familiar with Animal Crossing too much, so I can't speak much for that one. Fire Emblem's always good, however, as far as I'd know. I usually play STGs these days, so I may not be that familiar with the other games out there very much, otherwise meaning I more-or-less live under a rock outside of STGs, with a few exceptions here-and-there, but anyhow...

Also, since you mention being a Touhouer, I'll just throw this out there. I imagine you would want to play something similar to the Touhou STG to where it would sharpen your shmup skills, so for the 3DS (Since you said you own one), you could consider Ketsui Death Label at some point in the future. That one's region-free, although a bit on the pricey side, but that one could be very good, if you like playing the Touhou STG games. I have no idea what's out on the Wii U, so I can't really say anything for that one.

Others I'd know about for the DS/3DS, as far as I'd know, concerning STGs, are, well, I've heard of the Nanostray series, but yeah. There's more out there for the DS/3DS for the STG genre, that I'm certain of.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:49:24 PM by PurpleTheGuy »

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 10:49:43 PM »
fire emblem

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 12:24:45 AM »
Animal Crossing is loads of fun but Fire Emblem is the far superior game.

(With the leftover money get Earthbound on your WiiU do it do it do it)

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 12:33:03 AM »
Animal Crossing is great if you have little bits of free time to play per day over a looong period of time. Fire Emblem is lots of fun too.

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 01:38:27 AM »
(With the leftover money get Earthbound on your WiiU do it do it do it)

Dayum, best idea ever.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 01:58:34 AM »
Welcome to Who's Emblem Is It Anyway, where the levels are random and the points don't matter...Much.

But yeah, FE is probably the biggest bang for your buck. See if you can at least buy the Golden Pack DLC too, that's really useful for grinding if you're hurting for EXP and gold.