Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -12F  (Read 241420 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -12F
« Reply #180 on: January 15, 2014, 04:20:37 PM »
Well how many of the good tanking skills do you expect her to have at once?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #181 on: January 15, 2014, 10:14:38 PM »
http://i41.tinypic.com/2vx1rtd.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2lxfgxj.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/xds104.jpg

Spoiler:
Never put a First Aid Kit on Maintenance Nitori aaaaaaaa
You're also on a dated version where they might have fixed this. I'd imagine that they fixed it so that you couldn't have negative HP recovery.
Edit: Just tested it and you indeed can't have negative HP recovery. It stops at 1 if you give her First Aid Kit. Here's the link to the latest patch and here's a link to the latest translation patch
On an unrelated note,
Spoiler:
would it be asking for too much for Meiling to be granted the Easygoing and Firm Defense skills? Considering that her specialty as a tank is the ability to self-heal and stuff, I wouldn't think that these skills would be bad for her to have...
Yes because Meiling is fine as is. I'd say that her self heal could use a little buffing but she functions as she did in LoT1 otherwise.
And is her "The Gatekeeper that likes to Nap" skill still bugged, or does it actually increase her speed now?[/spoiler]

Also, please tell me if my ranting becomes annoying, so that I'll know when to stop.
Her skill actually increases SPD since patch 1.51 I noticed it when I was progressing in my synergy run.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:19:54 PM by jaxter0987 »

Solmyr2000

• 不思議の国のアリス
« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2014, 01:58:14 AM »
And if we follow that line of logic and what you had said before, then Row Attack Strengthening would do well on Orin as well, for most of the same reasons.
Yeah, but Orin benefits from Dexterity Training a bit more generally. And I used her mostly for Cat's Walk and with that you can't have enough speed. :3 SPAM THAT SHOCK. Plunging down enemy ATB from 9000 all the way to 500 is fun  :V

Yes because Meiling is fine as is. I'd say that her self heal could use a little buffing but she functions as she did in LoT1 otherwise.
I found her a bit disappointing as a tank, but I guess that's because Komachi is so amazing. :V
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 02:02:08 AM by Solmyr2000 »

ZellBell

• i play sometimes
« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2014, 05:04:12 AM »
what.

...anyway, which boss were you fighting when you took those pictures?

That was one of my (more unsuccessful) attempts at
Spoiler:
9F Tenshi
. You can see the top of her head poking out :V Partially failed because negative-HP Nitori falls over in one hit, and she happened to be my monk for the fight...

You're also on a dated version where they might have fixed this. I'd imagine that they fixed it so that you couldn't have negative HP recovery.
Edit: Just tested it and you indeed can't have negative HP recovery. It stops at 1 if you give her First Aid Kit. Here's the link to the latest patch and here's a link to the latest translation patch

Haha, oh I'm glad they fixed that. Yeah, I only found the higher level patch existed after I reached 10F. Figures.

« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2014, 06:43:10 AM »
It seems to - it deals very good damage even in post-game... Unlike Blazing Wheel which does nothing. :V
That's why I found Warrior to be better on Chen than Monk. Row attack strengthening is a very good thing for her. She doesn't need any speed, she's good at that already, while damage is very welcome.
I can't imagine using anything but Gambler on Chen, it feels like it was made for her and Patchouli.  Admittedly the increased MP costs kind of force her to use a God's Emblem because her base MP is so bad but she can usually get a buff + 3 Idatens which is all the time she should usually be in for anyways, and she regenerates it all crazy fast.

Solmyr2000

• 不思議の国のアリス
« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2014, 09:59:41 AM »
I can't imagine using anything but Gambler on Chen, it feels like it was made for her and Patchouli.  Admittedly the increased MP costs kind of force her to use a God's Emblem because her base MP is so bad but she can usually get a buff + 3 Idatens which is all the time she should usually be in for anyways, and she regenerates it all crazy fast.
Nah, Gambler is made for Flan. ;) I mean, you don't even care for increased MP cost since everything that is not a boss dies after one attack, and there's still enough MP to kill bosses, since you still just need a few attacks and it's dead.  Well, if you invest heavily into Flan's attack, it should be enough to OHKO most bosses as well. :V
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:03:05 AM by Solmyr2000 »

« Reply #186 on: January 17, 2014, 10:26:36 AM »
Playing through LoT 1 again and I had something happen that I haven't experienced before:

I beat Maribel on 20F, unleashed the Bloodstained Seals on 1F, then went and beat Master Light Wings and Beast of Centaurea.
Then on 9F - Hibachi wasn't there.
Confused I went to 20F and Bloody Papa wasn't there either.
I can't break the final seal on 1F because not all smaller seals are broken yet.
I do have 2 stars, otherwise I wouldn't even be able to reach the places where they're supposed to be. Am I missing a condition for them to show up? I've played though the game several times already but this is the first time that the 3rd and 4th Bloodstaned Seal bosses didn't show up immediately after beating Maribel.

Edit: Beating Maribel again fixed the problem. The 3rd and 4th Bloodstained Seal bosses are probably set to not spawn before postgame and the trigger for them spawning seems to be defeating Maribel. In this playthrough I only unleashed the big seal on 1F that let's the other seals spawn after defeating Maribel.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 10:38:23 AM by Nerv-Faktor »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #187 on: January 17, 2014, 10:05:12 PM »
Quick question, guys. The bugs that are listed in the wiki under the Bugs section...
How many of those are still present in the current version of the game? I'm asking so that what is bugged and what isn't can be listed here, in the event that someone can get to updating the wiki with more current info.

Spoiler:
Also, do the skills "Ability to Create Heaven" and "Ability to Create Earth" still require that Kanako and Suwako be on the rightmost and leftmost respectively instead of the the other way around? Or are those skills simply entirely nonfunctional?

There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #188 on: January 17, 2014, 11:18:16 PM »
Quick question, guys. The bugs that are listed in the wiki under the Bugs section...
How many of those are still present in the current version of the game? I'm asking so that what is bugged and what isn't can be listed here, in the event that someone can get to updating the wiki with more current info.
Some are fixed, some are not. I've written notes and comments on them so feel free to edit it better and remove/add stuff from what I've wrote.

Spoiler:
Also, do the skills "Ability to Create Heaven" and "Ability to Create Earth" still require that Kanako and Suwako be on the rightmost and leftmost respectively instead of the the other way around? Or are those skills simply entirely nonfunctional?
Spoiler:
The spell are working with Suwako on the leftmost and Kanako on the rightmost
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 06:54:09 PM by kuilfrayt »
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

jaxter0987

« Reply #189 on: January 18, 2014, 02:18:57 AM »
Some are fixed, some are not. I've written notes and comments on them so feel free to edit it better and remove/add stuff from what I've wrote.
I'm doubting the fact that
Spoiler:
Meiling's
skill is bugged. I remember her being slower than other members when she didn't have the skill but faster when she was. This was of course in 1.151 and while its possible that they broke the skill again with the latest patch, I honestly doubt they did.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 05:36:13 AM by jaxter0987 »

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #190 on: January 18, 2014, 03:37:30 AM »
I'm doubting the fact that
Spoiler:
Meiling's
skill is bugged. I remember her being slower than other members when she didn't have the skill but faster when she was. This was of course in 1.51 and while its possible that they broke the skill again with the latest patch, I honestly doubt they did.
Well I tested her speed when she alone, on another spot than first with 3 others, and with 3 members of the SDM, and it didn't change at all, but you can try any of them to see if they changed and I just messed up. I know that the jp wiki doesn't list them anymore, so maybe it's just my save that's corrupted.

Edit: Took some screenshots to show the bug: http://imgur.com/a/Yu822. The frame of reference is Marisa being the fastest and always going at the same speed (10278). You can see that Meiling SPD doesn't change at all no matter the circumstances (8892). So either my save is bugged, or they messed up.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 04:04:05 AM by kuilfrayt »
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #191 on: January 18, 2014, 06:30:03 PM »
Spoiler:
The spell are working with Suwako on the leftmost and Kanako on the rightmost

A. That kinda needed a spoiler.
B. Why?!? Just... why? It plays completely against their strengths and weaknesses(one's a tank, the other's a glass cannon, and the skills are asking to put the tank in the back and the glass cannon up front? WTF?), which make absolutely no sense at all.

Spoiler:
If they could just fix the skills so that it activates when Kanako is up front and Suwako is in the back, then it would make more sense, yes?

Edit: I have a question about the download link to the 1.203 patch of LoT2. Just so we're clear, this link is just the patch, not the full game, yes?

2nd Edit: Checked on the main page, my compy only sees gibberish. Which link in there is to get to page where I can buy and download the game itself? (I'm presuming that I'll have to actually pay money for it, which isn't a problem for me.)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 01:35:20 PM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

« Reply #192 on: January 19, 2014, 02:45:07 PM »
To buy the game, go here:
http://www.melonbooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=IT0000165852

There's a guide to buying from melonbooks.com somewhere. But it's pretty easy; you can sign up using your pixiv account, and the shopping cart is pretty straight forward.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #193 on: January 19, 2014, 04:13:51 PM »
Passive skills only activate when the conditions are met when someone takes a turn, and is activated until someone takes a turn when the conditions are not met.
It works as expected when it modifies anything other than speed, but when it modifies speed, things might work strangely.

What I wrote back in http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,15431.msg1022101.html#msg1022101
Marisa's MAlice cannon activates when someone in the front row receives a turn while the condition is satisfied.
It deactivates when someone in the front row receives a turn while the condition isn't satisfied.

Which results in bizarre behavior when you switch in or out the other character, or at the start of battle

I think it goes the same for all passive skills. Although only SPD-related skills really matter.
Signature

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #194 on: January 19, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »
http://www.melonbooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=IT0000165852

There's a guide to buying from melonbooks.com somewhere. But it's pretty easy; you can sign up using your pixiv account, and the shopping cart is pretty straight forward.

Um...

I don't have a pixiv account, actually... Do I need it to use melonbooks.com?

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #195 on: January 19, 2014, 05:31:54 PM »
Passive skills only activate when the conditions are met when someone takes a turn, and is activated until someone takes a turn when the conditions are not met.
It works as expected when it modifies anything other than speed, but when it modifies speed, things might work strangely.
It did another try for Gatekeeper: http://imgur.com/a/3Unmw

This is at Youmu's second action turn, and the ATB value for Meiling with and without the skill is the same. It should've been activated since its when someone takes a turn, and only Meiling is suppose to have a SPD increase, but it doesn't seem to have done anything.

Labyrinth of Touhou 2 : Troubleshooting
« Reply #196 on: January 22, 2014, 05:02:59 AM »
Hey everyone. I've heard LoT2 is out. I tried downloading it. Running it, and It apparently failed. When I run it. A black window opens up, and in the next second it closes. What do I do now? Help Me, Eirin~

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #197 on: January 22, 2014, 09:47:43 AM »
What you downloaded is probably just a patch. The problem can be fixed by purchasing the game, available from the site mentioned below.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #198 on: January 22, 2014, 04:03:57 PM »
Um...

I don't have a pixiv account, actually... Do I need it to use melonbooks.com?

Need to ask, because I really want to know the answer here...

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #199 on: January 22, 2014, 04:54:53 PM »
Need to ask, because I really want to know the answer here...

How to Melonbooks --> http://imgur.com/a/qA3Dc

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2014, 06:24:36 PM »
How to Melonbooks --> http://imgur.com/a/qA3Dc

*checks and read instructions*

...thanks, kuilfrayt. Although I was unaware that it was possible to get a physical copy of the game(good to know that that is an option), I do appreciate the info.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #201 on: January 22, 2014, 07:22:39 PM »
*checks and read instructions*

...thanks, kuilfrayt. Although I was unaware that it was possible to get a physical copy of the game(good to know that that is an option), I do appreciate the info.

It's a bit harder to get a physical copy from those website, since most of them don't ship overseas, I asked N-Forza to buy one for me when it came out at C84.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #202 on: January 22, 2014, 08:28:03 PM »
Well, I thank you anyway for the assist, kuilfrayt.

On an unrelated note, I had a thought for how to add the stat boosts that the subclasses give into the description for ____'s Knowledge(the blank being the name of the subclass) skill that each subclass has. Take a look...

"While the user remains a Guardian, HP(0.8), TP(4), Defense(0.4), Mind(0.4), and Physical Affinity are slightly increased."

...and tell me what you think.

Edit:
Spoiler:
Also, has anyone ever tested Iku's "Heavenly Maiden's Blow" skill yet? Because its effect of making a 50% Mind debuff count as a 100% Mind debuff would make it a rather amazing skill, if situational, for dealing damage(giving Iku the Hexer subclass would be excellent to aid in that front, given that the spells in it draw on Magic for dealing damage)...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:55:21 AM by Kirin no Sora »

jaxter0987

« Reply #203 on: January 23, 2014, 05:12:26 AM »
Well, I thank you anyway for the assist, kuilfrayt.

On an unrelated note, I had a thought for how to add the stat boosts that the subclasses give into the description for ____'s Knowledge(the blank being the name of the subclass) skill that each subclass has. Take a look...

"While the user remains a Guardian, HP( 0.8 ), TP( 4 ), Defense( 0.4 ), Mind( 0.4 ), and Physical Affinity are slightly increased."

...and tell me what you think.

Edit:
Spoiler:
Also, has anyone ever tested Iku's "Heavenly Maiden's Blow" skill yet? Because its effect of making a 50% Mind debuff count as a 100% Mind debuff would make it a rather amazing skill, if situational, for dealing damage(giving Iku the Hexer subclass would be excellent to aid in that front, given that the spells in it draw on Magic for dealing damage)...
If you're talking about changing the description in game, I feel that leaving it as is would be the best. If you're talking about what to put on the wiki, I feel like the statement needs to be more clear that its affecting the growth values for stats that aren't TP and MP. And while we're at it, we might as well also calculate how much affinity is increased.

I haven't tested yet, and probably won't since I'm going to be building her as a support when I replay the game.

Unrelated but I've made zero progress into post game content for the last two weeks. School's being a pain.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:30:30 AM by jaxter0987 »

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #204 on: January 24, 2014, 03:31:39 AM »
Blah, notifications fail me. And the site not updating with the new patches made me miss out on them. Oh well least I can enjoy them now. Too bad I lost my good file with my Hard Mode playthrough. :(

Oh well, starting anew. I think they might of buffed some of the earlier enemies, especially on the 5th floor since I noticed two of the enemies are dodging a lot more than they used to.

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #205 on: January 25, 2014, 02:33:31 PM »
Oh hey, so I was gone for some time due to studying, now I can finally play this (and NOR) again  :3

So how is the translation's progress? Did my crappy images ever get worked on ?

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #206 on: January 26, 2014, 09:03:32 AM »
Guys, quick question about the Enhancer subclass.

Is the buff triggered by the "Heart of Compassion" skill able to benefit from the "Enhancer's Strengthening" skill? Because if it can, then that would be very good to know about(36% DEF and MND buff anytime you use a healing spell on someone? Yes, please.).

Also,
Spoiler:
has anyone bothered to test out Sanae's offensive spells, and how effective they are, if at all? I want to think that her "Moses's Miracle" spellcard can be made useful due to its ability to work well against High MND enemies(Row Attack Strengthening from Sorcerer could help in improving damage), while her "Night with Bright Guest Stars" spellcard can be useful due to the fact that it does not miss and that Sanae has a personal skill(Power of The Living God) that can increase its power a bit(I'll presume that said skill increases Spirit Damage the way that Magic Training increases Mystic damage: by the formula of (SLv*20)% more damage). She can also use the Sorcerer's spellcards("Penetrator"(Wind) and "Aspiration Purge"(Mystic)) to increase her elemental coverage in terms of damage.

And I just realized something about Sanae's healing spell: that it cure all ailments except Heavy. Does leveling it up allow it to cure Heavy at some point? Because it would be nice if it could, as that would make it Hourai Elixir's equal in curing ailments, but with a key difference between them(Sanae's heal can be strengthened using her stats, skill, and spellcard leveling, Eirin's heal stays at 50% HP in healing because it can't benefit from her stats, skills("Devoted Care" being the exception, boosting to 75% HP if curing an ailment), or spellcard leveling), giving Sanae a reason to boost her MAG stat(not to mention that her Miracle Fruits spellcard can help Sanae herself more if her stats are higher to begin with).

And as a thought about said character, if I could ask for one thing to add to her, it would be to give her back her "Nine Syllable Stabs" spellcard from the first game, but with the effect that the "Night with Bright Guest Stars" spellcard had in that same game: the ability to debuff the enemy's evasion stat. It would help her to stand out a bit better, if only to help others hit their mark more easily...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #207 on: January 26, 2014, 03:03:20 PM »
I was too busy using Sanae for support to test her offense cards. (How long are we going to keep spoilering all the characters, is it really still necessary) In this game, Miracle Fruit is soooooo much better than the previous, and her heal is easier to use as well. Sanae's offense is perfectly suitable for randoms if you're so inclined just like every other character since you can switch boosted stats (although buffing up a slightly slower partner with Fruits is still perfectly viable in randoms so you don't have to buildswitch) but I doubt it's good enough to seriously consider on bosses over investing in her defenses. Maybe if the boss was weak to SPI? She's more important for supporting the team in bossfights... but you could maybe pull a good offensive Sanae against a SPI-weak boss.

Also, the enhancer skill increases a buff by 16% of it's original value multiplicatively, it doesn't add 16% on. Yeah, kind of disappointing. I'm not sure whether or not it effects that, because the difference wasn't large enough for me to have it as a high priority skill. The buffing heals are the best thing about the class, followed by healing buffs- although being able to slap an offense buff on anyone isn't half bad either. But when you have the points for it, yeah, it's still considerable to eke just a bit more oomph from your buffs.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 03:05:57 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

jaxter0987

« Reply #208 on: January 27, 2014, 01:16:32 AM »
Oh hey, so I was gone for some time due to studying, now I can finally play this (and NOR) again  :3

So how is the translation's progress? Did my crappy images ever get worked on ?
No clue on both questions since there hasn't been updates in awhile. I'm just going to assume that life happened and they'll get back to it whenever they can.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #209 on: January 27, 2014, 02:00:47 AM »
So I'm stuck on the 12F bosses,
Spoiler:
the Magatama and the Mirror. The Magatama just seems to attack too fast and hit too hard for me to mount an offensive, and I've got some Mind tanks (Minoriko, Parsee), and some heavy hitters (Patchy, Kaguya, Rumia, and fully debuffed-buffed Hina) lined up for the Mirror, but then it pulls out physical attacks and wipes the party.

Would anyone happen to have any advice for these two fights?