Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project  (Read 466959 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project
« Reply #600 on: October 03, 2014, 05:18:44 PM »
First off, let's get the technical details out of the way. I am running Windows 7, 32-bit, English, set to Japanese locale.

So I installed the latest patch in the OP over the latest version of the game (1.203), and the default text when running under Japanese system locale is completely out of alignment, unlike what I see in the screenshots. There seems to be a lot of spaces in front of the character names and levels. In most screenshots I see, the font is more to the left, and slightly covers the respective characters' portraits. On my end, the font is pushed to the right in a way that it gets covered by the next character sprite to the right. Also, in battle, the element-icon covers the last letters, something I also don't see in other screenshots.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0k2U6aV60UXVWFucUpBY19BSnM/preview?pli=1

If I change my system locale back to English (US), the font changes to the monospaced font used in BSODs, which actually makes both of the previously mentioned issues less apparent, though still not completely fixed.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0k2U6aV60UXUTh4R1VuUzlOcHc/preview?pli=1

And when set to English, the remaining Japanese characters that are part of the translation display incorrectly (as expected).
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0k2U6aV60UXWXk4TGVYME9FVlE/preview?pli=1

From what I can tell in the other screenshots floating around on this website and others, it appears that the font used in the Japanese system locale is "Meiryo" or "Meiryo UI". This is the same font used on my end, only it is aligned correctly. Does anyone else have this problem? Especially the developers of the patch. What font are you using? What is your computer configuration?

Any help is welcome.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:43:54 PM by aUsernameIsFineToo »

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #601 on: October 05, 2014, 10:31:36 AM »
Uh, it's actually normal as far as the patch is concerned for the character names to be like that.  Your setup is perfectly fine. I'm assuming that since you've already seen screen shots that you've already been spoiled as far as which characters are in the game. But if you aren't then don't click this link.

I can't remember exactly but I believe in one of the earlier patches for 1.203, something broke and caused the character names to be pushed to the right slightly. I also believe, though not sure, that the patch makers have mentioned fixing this once there's a stable patch of the Append Disk. It wasn't exactly the highest priority to fix a small aesthetic issue.

« Reply #602 on: October 05, 2014, 01:24:52 PM »
I also believe, though not sure, that the patch makers have mentioned fixing this once there's a stable patch of the Append Disk. It wasn't exactly the highest priority to fix a small aesthetic issue.

It's a bit more complicated than just being low priority (although it is). Basically, it requires modifying the executable to inject new code for it to execute. The problem with this is that with every new patch, this has to be redone. Not from scratch, but I don't want to change 20 things every time 3peso fixes another of his bugs. So, to save myself the headache, I'm not fixing anything of the sort until I feel that he's done patching it.

« Reply #603 on: October 05, 2014, 07:07:52 PM »
Well, I didn't really take notice of the timestamp on those screenshots to realize that this was an issue that showed up in the later versions of the patch, but I guess I'll just have to deal with it for now. Just wanted to make sure that its not an isolated problem.

Thanks for the help.

« Reply #604 on: October 11, 2014, 05:39:23 PM »
My Localization is Japan, but the "Language used for non-Unicode program" is French (Canadian)
There's text overflow, so I tried to switch the language to Japanese, but now it crashes... like, at the second the game opens, it closes
Tried to run it with Applocale, but got the same problem
Any advice?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #605 on: October 12, 2014, 03:07:43 AM »
My Localization is Japan, but the "Language used for non-Unicode program" is French (Canadian)
There's text overflow, so I tried to switch the language to Japanese, but now it crashes... like, at the second the game opens, it closes
Tried to run it with Applocale, but got the same problem
Any advice?

I could be wrong but I thought that non-unicode setting thingie is really the only one that matters for windows 7, before that it's applocale. when people say applocale for 7 it's just the handy term people are used to but they in fact mean "Set non unicode thingie to japan". If you're thinking this is false cuz this is more work and requires a restart and all that jazz and older windows systems didn't need such nonsense, you would be thinking logically, alas the newer system is not more convenient for this specific case.

« Reply #606 on: October 12, 2014, 09:38:39 PM »

Your language can be in English or whatever language you want it, that doesn't matter. But you need to set your system locale to Japanese. It should be under either language or region settings, depending on your version of Windows. And it falls under Administrative and would require a restart after changing your system locale. But yes, it will say something like "Language for non-Unicode programs".
This is all based on the assumption that this game requires your system locale to be set to Japanese to run. I already have mines in Japanese, so I don't know.

when people say applocale for 7 it's just the handy term people are used to but they in fact mean "Set non unicode thingie to japan".

Not quite sure what people mean when they say this. But Applocale is a program that emulates your regional settings.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #607 on: October 13, 2014, 02:10:42 AM »
Not quite sure what people mean when they say this. But Applocale is a program that emulates your regional settings.

In windows xp yeah. Pretty sure the actual EXE does fat all for windows 7, but people continue to say "use applocale" for windows 7 and there's a hidden meaning of "windows 7 applocale = set non-unicode thingie". I think they just call that step applocale because it accomplishes the same thing applocale used to do for xp.

« Reply #608 on: October 13, 2014, 05:04:13 AM »
In windows xp yeah. Pretty sure the actual EXE does fat all for windows 7, but people continue to say "use applocale" for windows 7 and there's a hidden meaning of "windows 7 applocale = set non-unicode thingie". I think they just call that step applocale because it accomplishes the same thing applocale used to do for xp.

Actually, I literally use applocale to run it. Takes a little jury-rigging to get it working but it works. If there is a better way, please let me know.

(p.s.: to install on win7 you need to download the msi and then install it via the command line. somehow it works)

« Reply #609 on: October 13, 2014, 07:24:59 PM »
it falls under Administrative and would require a restart after changing your system locale. But yes, it will say something like "Language for non-Unicode programs".
This is all based on the assumption that this game requires your system locale to be set to Japanese to run. I already have mines in Japanese, so I don't know.

So it's actually the language for non-Unicode program that I must switch... but when I tried playing the game (after switching this thing to jap and restarting my computer), the game crashes. Did the same thing happen to anybody else?

« Reply #610 on: October 15, 2014, 01:52:40 AM »
The text is running off the screen for me as well. I have windows vista and tried app locale and that didn't help.
I am pretty much done with everything now though, though I hope I don't have to go through that with the expansion  :V

So I just beat the Enhanced Boss rush, and it said the structure of the tree has changed.
Does anyone know what exactly is different now?
No additional clues where given that I saw, so I don't know if that was the end of the text or if it was left out.

There is also a treasure I can't seem to get on the 9 floor.
I thought there might be a way to get to it from the extra area, but nothing goes to that area  :ohdear:
I would attach a screen shot of it, but I am not sure how to do that here  ???
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 03:30:49 AM by Spiffspoo »

« Reply #611 on: October 15, 2014, 03:03:46 AM »
My system locale is already set to Japanese, so I know it doesn't crash for me.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #612 on: October 15, 2014, 04:08:45 PM »
So it's actually the language for non-Unicode program that I must switch... but when I tried playing the game (after switching this thing to jap and restarting my computer), the game crashes. Did the same thing happen to anybody else?

Tough to say but a big possibility is that your english files arent for the same version # as the japanese files you replaced for them. Prob best off deleting/reinstalling, patching the game, the. Translation patching to be absolutely sure the versions line up.

« Reply #613 on: October 22, 2014, 08:00:14 PM »
After beating Amnesiary:

"This isn't the first time you hide something from us"

"This isn't the first time you've hidden something from us"

Then, on the next one...
http://i.imgur.com/lrZc6Ke.png
Yukari's the one who mentioned it. I guess it could be "The tear you mentioned". Unless it's just unambiguous, and a bug in the original.

After the sun bonus boss (or maybe just the first? I only have the one)
http://puu.sh/cmQSj/e0549bd6f9.jpg

'His' and 'it' both used to describe the boss. Probably should just be "it" in both occurances.

Also the first sentence of the opener is really awkward. Something to the effect of "we're inside the innermost part of the tree"
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 02:01:43 AM by qazmlpok »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #614 on: October 25, 2014, 05:13:05 AM »
Also the first sentence of the opener is really awkward. Something to the effect of "we're inside the innermost part of the tree"

As soon as I read this I thought: They should have made it:
"We're inside the core of the tree"
joker girl (prolly Marisa): "Don't shoot!"

jaxter0987

« Reply #615 on: November 07, 2014, 07:18:16 AM »
Just figured I'd say that I still plan on quality checking the translation for when I play through the rest of the main game. Its just that at the moment, school and other responsibilities make it difficult to have a chunk of time to get a good play session in.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #616 on: November 07, 2014, 12:37:06 PM »
Was just told about the English patch last night, now to power through the first game and play this one! Thank you to all who help translate the game, can't wait!
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

« Reply #617 on: November 09, 2014, 06:07:00 PM »
Is the special disk for Labyrinth of Touhou 2 released yet? Or is there a fullscreen patch?
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #618 on: November 09, 2014, 06:15:17 PM »
Is the special disk for Labyrinth of Touhou 2 released yet? Or is there a fullscreen patch?

No to both.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #619 on: November 09, 2014, 10:03:53 PM »
Is there even going to be a special disk for lot2?

« Reply #620 on: November 09, 2014, 10:25:18 PM »
It's way too early to even ask that.

There is a planned expansion. Possibly coming out at winter comiket, but this has not been confirmed. There is no known date, just that it's in progress, and that Futo and Shou are both confirmed.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #621 on: November 11, 2014, 10:56:52 AM »
Maybe he thought the special disk for lot1 is "the expansion" rather than combo pack thing.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #622 on: November 11, 2014, 03:31:13 PM »
Expansions for these always confuses me unless I start with it early. Same issue I had with LoT, didn't know which version to get until I asked. Not sure if I should have waited on this game or not but too late now lol.

SacredWind

• Ordinary Magician
« Reply #623 on: November 17, 2014, 11:53:27 PM »
Thank you very much for this translation patch! I played the first game again recently and didn't know there was a sequel. Nice work everyone!
Nicknames: Sacred, SacredWind.
Touhou Achievements:
Easy 1cc: PCB, SA, UFO
Normal 1cc: IN, MoF, TD

jaxter0987

« Reply #624 on: November 30, 2014, 01:35:13 AM »
Just noticed that "An Ounce of Prevention" is described as a Fire element spell when its actually a Water element spell.

« Reply #625 on: February 13, 2015, 01:22:33 AM »
Is it possible to get the current patch on the front page uploaded to a different site other than mediafire.  Mediafire does not work for me ever.  Downloads start, but they always cancel into an unknown network error.

jaxter0987

« Reply #626 on: February 14, 2015, 09:37:46 AM »
Is it possible to get the current patch on the front page uploaded to a different site other than mediafire.  Mediafire does not work for me ever.  Downloads start, but they always cancel into an unknown network error.
Here you go.
The patch doesn't work without the Japanese version of the game already updated to 1.203. It's not really even a patch as you just put this into the games installation folder and run this executable rather than the Japanese one.

« Reply #627 on: May 12, 2015, 10:49:39 AM »
Well, given that apparently there's a trial for the expansion of LoT2 this reitaisai (and chances are the expansion would be available in the future), do you folks plan on translating it as well when it comes out?

Also, minor nitpick: Flandre's "Laveatein" is supposed to be spelled "Laevateinn"

« Reply #628 on: May 16, 2015, 02:58:52 AM »
Hey all, been a while.  I heard whisperings of a plus disc trial circulating in the japanese community, so I thought I'd finish up this game before it becomes available to us.

Anyway, I started my postgame journey, and I've found that my game crashes every time I attempt to enter 21F.  Something about a debug assertion failing.  Anybody seen this before?  Pretty sure I'm using the latest patch files.

Thanks for any info,

Veto

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #629 on: May 16, 2015, 03:14:04 AM »
Yeah it's not the latest on you have that fixed the issue. Not sure if it's in the first post or not but I know the update is in this thread. Alternatively, you can just spam Ignore when the window pops up and you'll eventually get past the rocks that cause the issue.