Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project  (Read 467048 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project
« Reply #510 on: August 09, 2014, 04:47:16 PM »
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/08f71127

The above archive contains all images (should be complete, although I left out some which I suspect are not used in the game - I'll do them if people can find where they exist, if anywhere), as well as fixes for dialogue files for the untranslated stuff already mentioned, and other things Kuil and I found from the most recent strdump_current.txt.

I've also found out what's the problem with 20F/postgame - the latest exe posted doesn't seem to include the fixed files that I posted in Story Fixes.rar. I noticed this since it doesn't include a few linebreak fixes that was in Story Fixes but not in the first archive I posted on the same day, in 15F and 16F dialogue.  The original exe has crashes in 14f, 18f, 20f and 21f text files, where (I think?) I forgot to convert to ANSI before running my script. Reinserting the correct ones should fix them. I've included all of the correct files in this archive as well, to make thing less complicated - a complete replace of all text files in the rar should work fine.

If those text files inserts correctly, and once the images are packed into dxa files, that should be Labyrinth of Touhou 2 v1.203 translation patch pretty much fully complete, and ready for the expansion. Fingers crossed.

« Reply #511 on: August 09, 2014, 05:07:15 PM »
4F and missing_stuff for all of them

009152A8: None of us are skilled enough to make it, so we have to @ask someone else... but I can't think of any humans who @are well versed enough in the medicinal sciences to @create an antidote from the poison itself.
009152A8: We can't make it ourselves, so we have no choice but to @ask someone else... That said, I cannot think of any@human that have enough medical and pharmaceutical @knowledge to be able to manufacture an antidote from@this poison.

0088B114: Ahh... Yeah, now I remember. We were saving that for@later.
0088B114: Ah... That's right, we've put that matter off, didn't @we.

008932F8: We may have collected the poisonous glands, but we still@need to figure out how to convert these into a@medicine.
008932F8: We've got all the poison glands collected here. But we@haven't thought of how we're gonna be makin' that @medicine next.

00893CF4: So we need someone who's really good with medicines...@Hmm, where can we find someone like that...? 
00893CF4: Someone who's good with medicine...Hmm, I wonder where@someone like that could be...?

« Reply #512 on: August 09, 2014, 05:13:08 PM »
4F and missing_stuff for all of them

009152A8: None of us are skilled enough to make it, so we have to @ask someone else... but I can't think of any humans who @are well versed enough in the medicinal sciences to @create an antidote from the poison itself.
009152A8: We can't make it ourselves, so we have no choice but to @ask someone else... That said, I cannot think of any@human that have enough medical and pharmaceutical @knowledge to be able to manufacture an antidote from@this poison.

0088B114: Ahh... Yeah, now I remember. We were saving that for@later.
0088B114: Ah... That's right, we've put that matter off, didn't @we.

008932F8: We may have collected the poisonous glands, but we still@need to figure out how to convert these into a@medicine.
008932F8: We've got all the poison glands collected here. But we@haven't thought of how we're gonna be makin' that @medicine next.

00893CF4: So we need someone who's really good with medicines...@Hmm, where can we find someone like that...? 
00893CF4: Someone who's good with medicine...Hmm, I wonder where@someone like that could be...?

« Reply #513 on: August 09, 2014, 05:48:04 PM »
https://www.mediafire.com/?5vxm0keb11l4o3b

I think it's working now.
Fixed 3 typos, which are in the updated txt files.

Story\12F.txt(423): 008C14E0: Ahh... It has been a very long time since it emerged@from the Yamata-no-Orochi's tail, and in that @timeframe, it has taken in the fierce emotions of many@humans in the midst of battle... It does fulfil all the @conditions to become one.
Story\15F.txt(57): 008C8620: ...After you fulfil my condition, that is.
Story\20F.txt(99): 008C9A20: The life I have been bequeathed shall be used fulfil my @duty. The duty to control all of Heaven. Who would dare @to oppose me? And for what motives?

fulfil->fulfill

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #514 on: August 10, 2014, 03:39:19 AM »
Some other changes that are needed:

00871338: A giant holy sword that can only be used by the royal family of Fantajinia.

In here it should be "Fantasia" instead of "Fantajinia", as it is the name of the kingdom which the main character in Yggdra Union belongs to.

008716BC: especially the ones which involve hunting Dragon or Death.

This line is best changed to "especially the one which requires hunting dragons and phantoms." I didn't know anything about Vagrant Story when I first worked on this line, so I just assumed that it was talking about the two titles which involves killing Dragon Zombie, and Death (and something else). After actually playing the game and doing some more research, it appears that the line actually was referring to the title Blood-thirsty Hunter which involves killing 5000 creatures of each type, including dragons and phantoms, two classes of creatures that are rarer. (By the way, although in English version one only needs the first sixteen titles to become Grand Master Breaker (which doesn't include Blood-thirsty Hunter), it appears that in Japanese version you need all 32.)

00878228: Ailment and Elemental Resistances +50

Should be "All Ailment Resistances +50". Original line didn't mention anything about elemental resistances and this item doesn't increase elemental resistances.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 03:56:51 AM by RegalStar »

« Reply #515 on: August 10, 2014, 04:30:27 AM »
A quick run shows no abnormalities in 20F and such. Couldn't find anything in Japanese either.

There's probably still some minor things to be changed like some of the images being a bit too big or a bit out of alignment, occasional overflows/linebreaks, or some of the translations as RegalStar just pointed out, but this looks like a good enough release candidate.

Anyone who's playing it, do keep on posting anything you find - but unless something major comes up, I think we'll probably wait till the expansion to fix it - or whenever enough of them pile up.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 10:16:31 AM by Deranged »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #516 on: August 10, 2014, 05:20:59 AM »

There's also the weird overlap in the Gensokyo screen between the menu items, possibly due to the edited images being a different size from the original (compared to the previous image patch, where the menu items lined up correctly).
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #517 on: August 10, 2014, 07:10:06 AM »
Nitpicks:

In the graphics there is an inconsistency between "Akyuu" vs. "Akyu", the menu says Akyuu but when you actually go to save it says "Akyu".
Some of the labels on stats/affinities/etc. are a little hard to read at the game's native resolution.  Might benefit from being a bit bolder?

Also character names still get cut off here, but I dunno if this is easily fixable.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/skgrokpmq7l0v77/Screenshot%202014-08-10%2000.10.48.png

On the whole, though, awesome work.  I'll keep reporting things as I see 'em!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 07:14:17 AM by Reiska »

« Reply #518 on: August 10, 2014, 07:49:17 PM »
Wow, you guys really tore through that.  Am I correct to assume that most (99%?) of the game is translated, with occasional linefeed issues, and other possible minor oddities?

I feel like this is good enough to fully enjoy.  If that's right, I think i'm going to jump right in!  Should the OP be updated?  Edit: Derp, it was already there.

Great progress, thanks to all the translators.

Veto
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:31:34 PM by vetokend »

« Reply #519 on: August 10, 2014, 08:20:31 PM »
Congratulations to the translation team!  That was quick work, booting it all up now.  Thanks so much for your efforts.

« Reply #520 on: August 10, 2014, 09:49:45 PM »
Going through the intro, one dumb nitpick.

The first visit to the Hakurei shrine, Reimu says "What are you trying to say."  Needs a question mark.

I'll collect these dumb nitpicks in a local file and post a list (when it becomes one), just want to make sure this qualifies as legitimate feedback, and not annoying banter.

Thanks,

Veto

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #521 on: August 10, 2014, 11:07:29 PM »
Going through the intro, one dumb nitpick.

The first visit to the Hakurei shrine, Reimu says "What are you trying to say."  Needs a question mark.

I'll collect these dumb nitpicks in a local file and post a list (when it becomes one), just want to make sure this qualifies as legitimate feedback, and not annoying banter.

Thanks,

Veto

That one particular instance was intentional.

« Reply #522 on: August 11, 2014, 12:23:40 AM »
I'm still getting linebreak issues for the dialogue just before the final boss, and all of the ending dialogue. The @'s are in the text files, but they're not doing their job, and don't even show up in the in-game text to let me know they failed to do their job.

There was also a brief instance after I applied the story translation patch, where the game crashed after the first instance of overflowed dialogue. Restarted the game, both normally and using GameBooster, and the error didn't show up again. I guess it was just a slight hiccup in the patching.

« Reply #523 on: August 11, 2014, 11:21:50 AM »
I'm still getting linebreak issues for the dialogue just before the final boss, and all of the ending dialogue. The @'s are in the text files, but they're not doing their job, and don't even show up in the in-game text to let me know they failed to do their job.

There was also a brief instance after I applied the story translation patch, where the game crashed after the first instance of overflowed dialogue. Restarted the game, both normally and using GameBooster, and the error didn't show up again. I guess it was just a slight hiccup in the patching.

That sounds like an old exe. Does the title of the window when you start the game say "Labyrinth of Touhou 2 ver1.203", or "(moonrunes) ver1.203"? The former is only in the very latest patched exe.

« Reply #524 on: August 11, 2014, 04:14:10 PM »
No moonrunes here.

EDIT: I think I also found another linebreak error. 4F, one of the lines spoken by Keine when I ran into Orin. Only one, though.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 02:25:24 AM by Savato93 »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #525 on: August 12, 2014, 04:01:35 AM »
Is the elemental icon for the display of move being used (on the top left corner) movable? If not, perhaps we need to shorten the moves further later on? Right now it looks like this:

« Reply #526 on: August 12, 2014, 01:15:27 PM »
Technically possible, but annoying. And definitely one of those things that needs to wait until all official patches are complete.

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
« Reply #527 on: August 12, 2014, 07:50:28 PM »
So...am I allowed to say something like "Thanks for the patch. I'm really enjoying this game."? Because that's what I want to say. I'm not that far (just got to 3F, and found Suika demanding an item that costs 3000G in the store when fights don't even get me 100), but so far it's better than the first game. It's nice how MP isn't so high, but I really need to find a way to get Marisa 27 MP so she can actually use Master Spark. And I like how the game has 4 of my 5 top Touhous in it: Komachi, Yuugi, Kasen, and Byakuren. No Nue. Sad face. Hey, at least the entire Old Maids Alliance is playable! *laughs* Ah, two more characters to go and then I can recruit Parsee. :3
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

Phoenix-P

• Reisen...it's punishment time...
  • One Optical Camouflage please
« Reply #528 on: August 12, 2014, 10:38:19 PM »
is the translation done? i mean, even the dialogues? Edit: ups, posted without reading closely  :V Congratulations!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:42:01 PM by Phoenix-P »
The Power of Baka!

« Reply #529 on: August 14, 2014, 12:26:15 AM »
Okay, i download the older one (1.151) and menus and stuff are translated, Story still in japanese, yet what the lastest one does? the 1.203 that is over 150MB?

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #530 on: August 14, 2014, 06:30:40 AM »
Okay, i download the older one (1.151) and menus and stuff are translated, Story still in japanese, yet what the lastest one does? the 1.203 that is over 150MB?
The latest one has all the story and stuff translated, formatted for length, etc. - there's still a few minor edits to be done however.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #531 on: August 14, 2014, 06:46:57 PM »
FULL ENGLISH PATCH IS READY!? :o  :* :toot:

One question tho. What game version do I need for the English patch?

mine is 1.000. Will the patch work with it or do I need to update?

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #532 on: August 14, 2014, 06:51:32 PM »
I think it's for the latest patch. You're better off using the later one anyway.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #533 on: August 14, 2014, 06:53:18 PM »
can you link me to the latest patch?

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #534 on: August 15, 2014, 02:55:29 AM »
There is a typo in the description for Momiji's Eyes that Perceive Reality skill.
"If the user is attacks or is attacked by an enemy with buffs, the damage is calculated as if the enemy's buffs were non-existent."
The first 'is' shouldn't be there

« Reply #535 on: August 15, 2014, 03:20:52 PM »
From Kasen's recruitment scene:

First line.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #536 on: August 15, 2014, 11:45:40 PM »

« Reply #537 on: August 16, 2014, 02:32:31 AM »
Error in the first conversation you have with Orin on 4F.
I advanced too fast to grab the image, but one of Keine's lines has the text go off the screen, with a @ marking where the line break should have been.

« Reply #538 on: August 16, 2014, 05:32:19 PM »
Error in the convo before you fight Hina.

Second line.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #539 on: August 16, 2014, 09:51:59 PM »

Should be "except for stats that are already buffed."