Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project  (Read 466937 times)

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project
« Reply #480 on: July 29, 2014, 12:59:16 AM »
According to the jp wiki though, only Shredder and Dark Star get used by not-Culex, and boulder get used by not-Earth Crystal. Petal Blast/Sakura Blizzard doesn't get used by not-Wind Crystal, nor does electroshock.

« Reply #481 on: July 29, 2014, 10:34:11 AM »
uh, you really shouldn't expect a new exe until Deranged delivers another block of translations. Which will probably be a while.
oh, does this mean that the next exe will contain 12 -21F translations as well? that'd be awesome

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #482 on: July 29, 2014, 12:35:03 PM »
It more so depends on what Deranged does. He might do the remaining floors in one block, he might not. My advice is just have patience. Translating a game takes time. ^^;
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #483 on: July 29, 2014, 02:03:12 PM »
I know it's been talked about, but just to clarify - I should be expecting dialogue text in the intro to be trailing off of the right-hand border of the window with the current exe, correct?

Thanks,

Veto

« Reply #484 on: July 29, 2014, 02:17:41 PM »
Yes. That will probably be fixed with the next exe, but don't expect that any time soon.

Item/spell/etc descriptions won't be fixed until well after the expansion comes out.

« Reply #485 on: July 29, 2014, 02:27:52 PM »
All good - I shall wait patiently with utmost appreciation.

Veto

« Reply #486 on: August 02, 2014, 04:50:03 AM »
Funny issue I ran into earlier... I kept wondering why a "12" was appearing at the bottom right of my screen, and soon found out this is a calculation for frames per second.  I of course was curious why such a low rate was being reported, until I smacked myself and realized the trailing "0" is off the edge of the screen (I use a 120hz monitor).  I doubt this is a translation issue, but thought I'd point it out anyway.

Veto

« Reply #487 on: August 03, 2014, 01:06:17 AM »
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/e2b34013

Updated dialogue files, linebreaked at a tolerance of 56 chars/line and formatted for all @s on odd bytes. This SHOULD be all the dialogue in the game. Also included the changes that were posted in this thread since the last updated exe.

@Qaz
After the usual conflicts resolving, can you make an exe based on these files, then do another dialogue dump and strdump based on that? I think that would be the fastest way to see if there's any Japanese strings left untouched. (though some are probably just unused text)

Additionally, has anyone been doing images yet? If not, I can try my hand on them myself.

Edit: Changed rar. Forgot to add a few lines to SystemMessages.txt.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 01:13:43 AM by Deranged »

« Reply #488 on: August 03, 2014, 02:27:15 PM »
6F
008A56FC: Gah.
8F
008A56FC: Geh.

1F
00880270: See?
8F
00880270: Told ya.

1F
00882CB8: Ok.
12F
00882CB8: Sure.

2F
00886F28: Ooooh...
12F
00886F28: Ooohh...

Postgame
008CFB14: The bosses from the Boss Rush have respawned in the @Great Tree.
SystemMessages
008CFB14: The bosses from the Boss Rush have respawned in the Great Tree.
(Well, if it accepts the @ sign, I guess go with that)

008CFB58: The Great Tree has changed upon conquering the Boss Rush.
008CFB58: The Great Tree has changed upon conquering the Boss @Rush.
(and again)

in 4F.txt:
00899370: ...Oh?
there's two trailing spaces; please delete from your copy.

Postgame
008A530C: Err, what does that mean?
12F
008A530C: Err, mind running that by me again?

Postgame
00885384: Guess we have to...
6F
00885384: Can't be helped...

I do not have a 17F.txt; is this intentional?

« Reply #489 on: August 03, 2014, 02:35:59 PM »

alright then i was right, there was no event on f17 xD
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:50:22 PM by lolbob »

« Reply #490 on: August 03, 2014, 02:40:54 PM »
6F
008A56FC: Gah.
8F
008A56FC: Geh.

1F
00880270: See?
8F
00880270: Told ya.

1F
00882CB8: Ok.
12F
00882CB8: Sure.

2F
00886F28: Ooooh...
12F
00886F28: Ooohh...

Postgame
008CFB14: The bosses from the Boss Rush have respawned in the @Great Tree.
SystemMessages
008CFB14: The bosses from the Boss Rush have respawned in the Great Tree.
(Well, if it accepts the @ sign, I guess go with that)
Remove from Postgame.txt - it shouldn't accept the @ sign
008CFB58: The Great Tree has changed upon conquering the Boss Rush.
008CFB58: The Great Tree has changed upon conquering the Boss @Rush.
(and again)
Same as above

in 4F.txt:
00899370: ...Oh?
there's two trailing spaces; please delete from your copy.

Postgame
008A530C: Err, what does that mean?
12F
008A530C: Err, mind running that by me again?

Postgame
00885384: Guess we have to...
6F
00885384: Can't be helped...

Yes - as far as I know, the only 17F event with unique dialogue is in postgame.

« Reply #491 on: August 03, 2014, 03:08:49 PM »
No more conflicts.

https://www.mediafire.com/?14mnnbsof5ap245

strdump of the current exe is in strdump_current.txt

« Reply #492 on: August 03, 2014, 04:01:46 PM »
Qaz:
Doing a quick test on the exe, my game crashed during the second line of the maingame last boss. A quick check of the story files seem to indicate that the files I sent may not have been updated. I've uploaded fixes based on the files in the latest rar here.

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/a05b1b77

Sorry for the inconvenience - you'll probably have to make a new exe based on these files for it to be playable, especially for 14F, 18F and 20F.

Also, is there anyone working on the images? And if not, was the ones you posted a few pages ago (canon-cleaned and original) the current ones?

« Reply #493 on: August 03, 2014, 04:37:10 PM »
https://www.mediafire.com/?s1qon4b9ax6nxwm

Updated.

Someone had mentioned working on the images, which is why I posted the canon edit in the first place. But beyond that, no. No one is working on them, no one has said anything to me, and canon didn't respond to my last followup email. (I know he's around something; he finished working on Heart of Crown)

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #494 on: August 03, 2014, 05:06:21 PM »
Few things to be added/changed

00861970: This effect stacks with other similar skills,

0089A590: (Another name I haven't heard of... Reimu and Marisa @really are known everywhere...)
was missing a space after the :

008CFF10: "This is a place to test your strength. As you advance, @all the bosses you have faced will attack you @consecutively. If you defeat them all, you will receive @something good."
was missing a space after the :

008D1358: Same here... I have to say, I doubt you'd find anyone @who understands the phenomenons that happen inside the@Great Tree very well.
different string number for 008D1150 in 21F

00880E1C: The "Subclass" System is now available!
システム「サブクラス」が解禁されました!

Also, at the last boss, and all the dialogue on 21F, the linebreaks are not working, it's just on a single line.

Edit: I've crashed on the last boss as well, but at a few different places, it seems to be crashing if it doesn't have any input for a few seconds.
This is the error
Edit2: The same happens with the dialogue on 21F. So I'm guessing it's all related with the linebreakers not working.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 05:16:02 PM by Kuilfrayt »
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

« Reply #495 on: August 03, 2014, 05:22:52 PM »
the linebreaks are not working

Are the @s showing up in the window, or are they just not being ignored?

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #496 on: August 03, 2014, 05:36:47 PM »
Are the @s showing up in the window, or are they just not being ignored?
They are ignored
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

« Reply #497 on: August 03, 2014, 05:45:36 PM »
oh boy. That's really weird. There's nothing wrong that I can see with the line, and the original Japanese has @s too. I assume they work correctly there.

Hmm. Try closing out of the game, going back there, and find the first instance where the @s are ignored, and screenshot that. Unless that is one. The only thing I can think of is that some other line is broken and corrupting the dialogue. Somehow. It's a stretch, but I don't have any other ideas.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #498 on: August 03, 2014, 06:06:23 PM »
oh boy. That's really weird. There's nothing wrong that I can see with the line, and the original Japanese has @s too. I assume they work correctly there.

Hmm. Try closing out of the game, going back there, and find the first instance where the @s are ignored, and screenshot that. Unless that is one. The only thing I can think of is that some other line is broken and corrupting the dialogue. Somehow. It's a stretch, but I don't have any other ideas.
That's pretty much the first one I can think of. The crash happens even if it's not on a line that had linebreaks (the first line of dialogue is just a "......" and it can crash as well). It works fine on the other bosses of 20F. Postgame looks fine too.

I'm running this on Windows 8, with my computer on Japanese Locale (so I'm not using AppLocale)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 06:08:37 PM by Kuilfrayt »

« Reply #499 on: August 04, 2014, 09:56:11 AM »
Found a minor little untranslated line on 1F, hope this helps:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/obwfzym6mlqy2nk/Screenshot%202014-08-04%2002.51.56.png

Let me know if the link doesn't work, the line is in the first dialogue with Youmu.

EDIT: Here's another one, this was delivering the 2F FOE's drop to Nitori.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gqnfavalejg0ey/Screenshot%202014-08-04%2003.56.39.png
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 12:10:25 PM by Reiska »

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #500 on: August 04, 2014, 11:00:11 AM »
Found a minor little untranslated line on 1F, hope this helps:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/obwfzym6mlqy2nk/Screenshot%202014-08-04%2002.51.56.png

Let me know if the link doesn't work, the line is in the first dialogue with Youmu.

i decided to go ahead and use the in works version, and i noticed that as well. i imagine it just means something like ohoho~
also keine's sturdy defense skill description still goes off screen. (i think its that skill anyway, defiantly one of her skills)
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

« Reply #501 on: August 04, 2014, 04:00:47 PM »
@Qaz
I've done some of the images. If you can spare the time, can you try and make an exe with the following image files and see if it works correctly?

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/9a6f73b1

Result01 is a completely transparent image on purpose. Based on how it's used in the end-of-battle screen, I figured that's the best way to handle it.

Additionally, was the image extraction done based on an older version? There seems to be a fair amount of images which I suspect are unused, and a few which should be there that I can't find (e.g. The Z-key image for Check Status -> Character Skill Information and Character Misc. Information)

« Reply #502 on: August 04, 2014, 04:42:52 PM »
i decided to go ahead and use the in works version, and i noticed that as well. i imagine it just means something like ohoho~
also keine's sturdy defense skill description still goes off screen. (i think its that skill anyway, defiantly one of her skills)
Yes, we're not even trying to make descriptions and such fit, not until the expansion is out and patches are done.

@Qaz
I've done some of the images. If you can spare the time, can you try and make an exe with the following image files and see if it works correctly?

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/9a6f73b1

Result01 is a completely transparent image on purpose. Based on how it's used in the end-of-battle screen, I figured that's the best way to handle it.

Additionally, was the image extraction done based on an older version? There seems to be a fair amount of images which I suspect are unused, and a few which should be there that I can't find (e.g. The Z-key image for Check Status -> Character Skill Information and Character Misc. Information)

Images are in img1.dxa and img2.dxa. img1 never changes with new versions, since 3peso doesn't know how to do diffs. img2 does change, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been updated for the last couple of patches.

It is perfectly possible that images aren't being used. 3peso probably wouldn't ever remove them (and can't from img1)

Here's img1.
https://www.mediafire.com/?fjpj2zyapzntvyh

« Reply #503 on: August 04, 2014, 05:16:59 PM »
Images are in img1.dxa and img2.dxa. img1 never changes with new versions, since 3peso doesn't know how to do diffs. img2 does change, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been updated for the last couple of patches.

It is perfectly possible that images aren't being used. 3peso probably wouldn't ever remove them (and can't from img1)

Here's img1.
https://www.mediafire.com/?fjpj2zyapzntvyh

Cool, thanks. Tested and it works fine, though I can see small places where alignment's off. I'll fix 'em in the images later, but I'll wait till I'm done with all of img1, since that file's pretty huge.

I don't have any images from img2 - I do suspect the Z-key image I was talking about is from there, since the third screen in the status screen (the one with battle points information and such) was only added after an update patch, if I recall correctly. Can you check whether any of the images there needs to be edited?

« Reply #504 on: August 04, 2014, 05:53:12 PM »
I thought there was an img2 archive around somewhere, but whatever. here's a new one, definitely up to date. I deleted the 'spell' and 'enemy' folders, since they shouldn't have anything useful in them.

https://www.mediafire.com/?pzq54vd1zxazwr8

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #505 on: August 04, 2014, 11:21:10 PM »
Few things on 12F

008BF460: When we actually go back, it'll be quite [cool] thanks @to the shade of the Great Tree though...

008BF038: ...? My, if it isn't my dear sister. My my, if it isn't @[my ]dear, heartless sister who left me behind while she @went out on a fun and exciting picnic. <- (seems to read a bit better without one repetition missing that "my")

008BC5A0: Probably [because] her family and close servants all went out@on a picnic and left her behind, I'd imagine. <- (Considering that the question was "how", this seems to fit better than "probably when")

008C2D40: Mm, I wasn't expecting that. Though Tenshi and us go a@long way back at this point, and she definitely @deserves a good kicking. <- The sentence looks more like "Mm, what a coincidence. We had quite a history with that celestial as well, and she definitely deserves a good kicking"

008C23F0 <- same as above

EDIT: Some additionals

008ACAC4: But, a person that [loves] flower can't be very bad, you @know. Please take care of us!

00896584: Yeah, I guess [] things like fighting and running a@lot can make you forgetful.

008C62D0: The place that Reimu and the party arrives at is [adorned]@with 10 wooden tablets with laws engraved of them.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 12:20:05 AM by RegalStar »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #506 on: August 06, 2014, 08:13:48 AM »
Using the english translation patch I used from page 1, for Patch 1.203, I came across an oddity.

Text seems to go off the side of the screen if a sentence is long enough, cutting off everything after that point. http://i.imgur.com/i8fTwpE.png shows it.

Is this me messing something up? Or just part of how the patch is? If this is normal, then, okay, I can live with it. :) If I messed up...  :ohdear: Help on fixing would be well loved :)

« Reply #507 on: August 06, 2014, 12:11:48 PM »
Using the english translation patch I used from page 1, for Patch 1.203, I came across an oddity.

Text seems to go off the side of the screen if a sentence is long enough, cutting off everything after that point. http://i.imgur.com/i8fTwpE.png shows it.

Is this me messing something up? Or just part of how the patch is? If this is normal, then, okay, I can live with it. :) If I messed up...  :ohdear: Help on fixing would be well loved :)

It's a pretty common error. It isn't user-error, though. It's the lines aren't breaking in the correct places. The patch devs are working on it.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #508 on: August 06, 2014, 03:11:32 PM »
Are you using japanese locale? The patch is balanced for the fixed-width font, which should be used in jap locale- they had previously not even realized there was two different ones.

Or maybe it was the other way around. I'unno. Maybe they thought it was balanced and it wasn't?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 03:39:48 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #509 on: August 06, 2014, 03:18:49 PM »

thats normal because it was a rough patch, you can grab one of the in works ones on this page, late floors may crash on random isshues, but overall its 100% eng mostly and works great
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return