Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project  (Read 467014 times)

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project
« Reply #450 on: July 26, 2014, 01:15:39 AM »
Typo fix

00884CC4: Anyway, you took the maid and gatekeeper with you, huh?@What are you doing here with them?

« Reply #451 on: July 26, 2014, 02:14:55 AM »
008882D8: ...The enemy's coming straight for us.
<Keine> ??敵来てるぞ。前から。
00864D94:
<Narration>
0088212C: She didn't hear me callin' after her at all.
<Marisa> 呼んでも全く反応なかったぞアイツ。

00864D94 isn't in the stringdump, so it's giving me an error. But it's also blank, so I have no idea what to do. For now, I'm just deleting it.

More.

10F: Tenshi/Yukari/Yuyuko event
008BB82C: ......Hmm? Marisa, I hear something.
11F Eiki/Byakuren/Tenshi event
008BB82C: ......Hmm? Marisa, do you hear something?

Following line too:
008BB7FC: Hmm... Yeah, there's something...
008BB7FC: Hmm... Yeah, I do too...

2F
0087DE48: ............
11F
0087DE48: ......
(Yes this is very important)

1F
00880C20: ......Is this really okay?
10F
00880C20: ...You really okay with that?

1F
008823BC: ..................
10F
008823BC: .........
(lol)

1F
0087D0FC: Hyaaaa......
2F
0087D0FC: Hyaaaa......!

2F
0087103C: .......
3F
0087103C: .........
(heh)

1F
00870060: ...
3F
00870060: ......

ok I need to go to bed now so I'm just going to dump the remaining error messages.
Conflict found in trans_1203\Story\4F.txt on address 008897B8 already declared in: trans_1203\Story\3F.txt
Conflict found in trans_1203\Story\4F.txt on address 0087103C already declared in: trans_1203\Story\2F.txt
Address 009F9FC8 from trans_1203\Story\4F.txt not found in strdump source file!
Conflict found in trans_1203\Story\5F.txt on address 0087DE48 already declared in: trans_1203\Story\11F.txt
Conflict found in trans_1203\Story\5F.txt on address 0087103C already declared in: trans_1203\Story\2F.txt
Conflict found in trans_1203\Story\5F.txt on address 0087D7D8 already declared in: trans_1203\Story\4F.txt
Conflict found in trans_1203\Story\5F.txt on address 00888D30 already declared in: trans_1203\Story\1F.txt
Conflict found in trans_1203\Story\6F.txt on address 0088CDD0 already declared in: trans_1203\Story\5F.txt
Conflict found in trans_1203\Story\6F.txt on address 00881158 already declared in: trans_1203\Story\1F.txt
Conflict found in trans_1203\Story\7F.txt on address 0087103C already declared in: trans_1203\Story\2F.txt
Conflict found in trans_1203\Story\7F.txt on address 0089BA10 already declared in: trans_1203\Story\4F.txt
Conflict found in trans_1203\Story\7F.txt on address 0088BA10 already declared in: trans_1203\Story\3F.txt
Conflict found in trans_1203\Story\7F.txt on address 00881158 already declared in: trans_1203\Story\1F.txt
trans_1203\Story\7F.txt: Skipping identical conflict on address 0088491C already declared in: trans_1203\Story\1F.txt
ERROR: Duplicate address detected in string dump trans_1203\Story\8F.txt.
008AF858: All the plants around here just regenerate after being@destroyed... I can somewhat tell there's a deep root@somewhere else. How troublesome.
008AF858: All the plants around here just regenerate after being@destroyed... From the looks of it, there must be a deep@root somewhere else. How troublesome.
----

@regal
Got it. Thanks.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #452 on: July 26, 2014, 03:57:35 AM »
A couple more

008A0870: Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! I thought I knew you better, Reimu! And@you too, Keine! You jerks! <- The middle part looks more like "I don't know you any more, Reimu and Keine"

00931B60: The Boar one was 3000, and this one is even worse, [12000]!@Really, you're like a bad car when it comes to fuel@consumption!

« Reply #453 on: July 26, 2014, 08:02:45 AM »
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/7d03f106

Download this newer version instead. Only the story files were modified, but it SHOULD fix all the conflicts/issues reported, and includes RegalStar's fixes.

« Reply #454 on: July 26, 2014, 02:06:58 PM »
ok, I think we're down to:

2F.txt.
00886F28: Ooooh...
00886F28: Ooohh...

2F
0088F01C: Mm?
8F
0088F01C: Ugh.

4F
0089DB84: Huh?
9F
0089DB84: Eh?

OtherDialogue
00881BA8: Oh, fine.
7F
00881BA8: Fine, fine.

also don't make changes to the files, there's stuff I had to change beyond what I posted here.

« Reply #455 on: July 26, 2014, 02:14:47 PM »
ok, I think we're down to:

2F.txt.
00886F28: Ooooh...
00886F28: Ooohh...

2F
0088F01C: Mm?
8F
0088F01C: Ugh.

4F
0089DB84: Huh?
9F
0089DB84: Eh?

OtherDialogue
00881BA8: Oh, fine.
7F
00881BA8: Fine, fine.

also don't make changes to the files, there's stuff I had to change beyond what I posted here.

As bolded.

« Reply #456 on: July 26, 2014, 04:23:23 PM »
Ok, looks like that's everything.

Updated txt and exe:
https://www.mediafire.com/?7ke16y92srf6lly

Some notes:
Shortened folder names to a single word. My program doesn't like spaces in filenames, and this is an easier fix.
Moved rocks.txt to Story, since there's a script I need to run on all dialogue files, including rocks.txt.
Changed some addresses that were wrong. I'm assuming that the translations were based off an old version of the script dump.

and a heads up - right now, all of the extra information in the story files, e.g. the section headers, original translations, translator comments, and even the order of the lines, will be lost when I port the script files over to the next version. All that script does is find the actual text lines and copy those over with updated addresses.
Is it necessary to keep those? The extra stuff is mostly there in the story files, and those are the ones I expect to change the least. (The addresses will change, of course, but I don't think the contents will)

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #457 on: July 26, 2014, 06:41:16 PM »
and a heads up - right now, all of the extra information in the story files, e.g. the section headers, original translations, translator comments, and even the order of the lines, will be lost when I port the script files over to the next version. All that script does is find the actual text lines and copy those over with updated addresses.
Is it necessary to keep those? The extra stuff is mostly there in the story files, and those are the ones I expect to change the least. (The addresses will change, of course, but I don't think the contents will)
Yea, I don't think they will be necessary after this, and we can keep the previous versions anyway if we have anything we want to check.

But first thing I can see when trying the .exe is that it looks like our length for dialogue was wrong

008B31C0: Hohohoho! Reimu and Marisa! You have done well to repel the @fearsome attack of my servant Iku and make your way here!
The length before the @ is 60 (with the space after "the"), and we assumed that the max was 59, but it seems it's shorter than that. It looks to be 56, so we'll probably have to revise some translations to make sure everything fits again.
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

« Reply #458 on: July 26, 2014, 07:12:03 PM »
I'll come up with a script to do it. Don't try to do it manually. At least not for the dialogue, since that's the easiest to fix.

Although I will need an exact number of characters to use. Is that the full-width font?

« Reply #459 on: July 26, 2014, 08:15:24 PM »
That's the font I see on my version when I have Japanese locale enabled as well.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #460 on: July 26, 2014, 08:45:22 PM »
I'll come up with a script to do it. Don't try to do it manually. At least not for the dialogue, since that's the easiest to fix.

Although I will need an exact number of characters to use. Is that the full-width font?
I'm pretty sure it's the full-width font. From what I can see, the max amount is 56, but I don't think you'll need to make a script, Deranged created one that was putting the linebreakers at 59, I would think it can be modified to make it at 56 instead
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

« Reply #461 on: July 26, 2014, 09:14:59 PM »
Oh, alright.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #462 on: July 27, 2014, 12:02:18 AM »
Last comments:

008AAE40: They've been telling us that they still haven't [played]@enou... No, no, that they're still doing their best to@regain their dignity as gods.

008B8474: Ah-ah, what was that? She [went] and left. <- or something like that

008BE1E0: Pay less attention to Byakuren if you do not want a painful@encounter! <- I think the sentence would read better as something like "If you only pay attention to Byakuren, you're going to be in a world of hurt!"

« Reply #463 on: July 27, 2014, 12:52:15 AM »
Based on the latest files qaz posted, I ran my script again on the story files at a tolerance of 56 chars per line. The following two lines became 6-line strings based on that, I did a quick fix to them as follows:

0087E340: The rainy season was at its end, and the blistering heat@was flickering as the early summer season began. Yet, the @main street was bereft of residents and the liveliness@they brought. The whole village was wrapped in a chilling @atmosphere unbefitting of the current season.
0087E340: The rainy season was at its end, and the blistering heat@was flickering as the early summer season began. Yet,@the main street was bereft of residents and their@liveliness. The whole village was wrapped in a chilling@atmosphere unbefitting of the current season.

0087F3F0: From what I have heard, there are a lot of humans and @youkai that have entered the treeas well. If we continue @to explore the tree, perhaps we will find others who will @help your exploration. As our party gets bigger, we'd need@a place to gather everyone around.
0087F3F0: From what I have heard, there are a lot of humans and@youkai that have entered the tree. If we continue@to explore the tree, perhaps we will find others who will@help your exploration. As our party gets bigger, we'd need@a place to gather everyone around.

Files as follows: http://www.datafilehost.com/d/9fc89348

Qaz: I believe you mentioned then you had to run a script that ensures the @s are placed at the correct places in terms of the program (something about it needing to be at an odd byte only or an even byte only, if I recall correctly?) My script right now doesn't cater for it - it just replaces the nearest space with an @ every x characters. Would it be easier for you if we just leave the whole placing of @s at your side?

RegalStar: the above files also contain your changes, except for the following:

008B8474: Ah-ah, what was that? She [went] and left. <- or something like that
I've retained the original (although changed up to upped - poor grammar) - it's a colloquial term for leaving abruptly.  http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/up_and_leave

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #464 on: July 27, 2014, 01:02:21 AM »
Based on the latest files qaz posted, I ran my script again on the story files at a tolerance of 56 chars per line. The following two lines became 6-line strings based on that, I did a quick fix to them as follows:

0087E340: The rainy season was at its end, and the blistering heat@was flickering as the early summer season began. Yet, the @main street was bereft of residents and the liveliness@they brought. The whole village was wrapped in a chilling @atmosphere unbefitting of the current season.
0087E340: The rainy season was at its end, and the blistering heat@was flickering as the early summer season began. Yet,@the main street was bereft of residents and their@liveliness. The whole village was wrapped in a chilling@atmosphere unbefitting of the current season.

0087F3F0: From what I have heard, there are a lot of humans and @youkai that have entered the treeas well. If we continue @to explore the tree, perhaps we will find others who will @help your exploration. As our party gets bigger, we'd need@a place to gather everyone around.
0087F3F0: From what I have heard, there are a lot of humans and@youkai that have entered the tree. If we continue@to explore the tree, perhaps we will find others who will@help your exploration. As our party gets bigger, we'd need@a place to gather everyone around.
For those two sentences, would it be better instead to split them with the one previous/after? It would look like this
0087E408: The meeting point was a dumpling shop facing the@village's main street. And so, the two girls ate@without a care in the world, as they waited for the@others. The rainy season was at its end,
0087E340: and the blistering heat was flickering as the early@summer season began. Yet, the main street was bereft@of residents and the liveliness they brought. The whole@village was wrapped in a chilling atmosphere@unbefitting of the current season.
(Both by <Narration>)

and
00903540: As our party gets bigger, we'd need a place to gather@everyone around. With the amount of lodging facilities@in the village, we should be able to get a pretty good@price on staying at one for a while. If we make use of@that,
0087F3F0: we should be able to accomodate for quite a number of@people. From what I have heard, there are a lot of@humans and youkai that have entered the tree as well.@If we continue to explore the tree, perhaps we will@find others who will help your exploration.
(Both by <Rinnosuke>)

Up to you

« Reply #465 on: July 27, 2014, 01:15:38 AM »
@Deranged
Well, my script is pretty simple. The task itself is trivial - the @ sign always has to be on the odd byte since the beginning/the last @. This is because it reads in 2 bytes at a time for most situations, so if the @ isn't the first character in the set of 2, it reads it in along with the previous character and displays it in-game.

It's Python. So if your script is python too, it'll probably be possible to just dump it in.
Full thing: http://pastebin.com/nFftHvhZ

« Reply #466 on: July 27, 2014, 01:21:27 AM »
For those two sentences, would it be better instead to split them with the one previous/after? It would look like this
0087E408: The meeting point was a dumpling shop facing the@village's main street. And so, the two girls ate@without a care in the world, as they waited for the@others. The rainy season was at its end,
0087E340: and the blistering heat was flickering as the early@summer season began. Yet, the main street was bereft@of residents and the liveliness they brought. The whole@village was wrapped in a chilling atmosphere@unbefitting of the current season.
(Both by <Narration>)

and
00903540: As our party gets bigger, we'd need a place to gather@everyone around. With the amount of lodging facilities@in the village, we should be able to get a pretty good@price on staying at one for a while. If we make use of@that,
0087F3F0: we should be able to accomodate for quite a number of@people. From what I have heard, there are a lot of@humans and youkai that have entered the tree as well.@If we continue to explore the tree, perhaps we will@find others who will help your exploration.
(Both by <Rinnosuke>)

Up to you

I think that can be a consideration for lines where information would be lost because of the character limit. For the two lines above though, they can be fixed with just rewording or removing unnecessary information (the "as well" part isn't specified in the Japanese from what I remember), and my preference is to keep each line self-contained on the (very very) off-chance it gets reused somewhere else.

« Reply #467 on: July 27, 2014, 01:51:53 AM »
@Deranged
Well, my script is pretty simple. The task itself is trivial - the @ sign always has to be on the odd byte since the beginning/the last @. This is because it reads in 2 bytes at a time for most situations, so if the @ isn't the first character in the set of 2, it reads it in along with the previous character and displays it in-game.

It's Python. So if your script is python too, it'll probably be possible to just dump it in.
Full thing: http://pastebin.com/nFftHvhZ

It's not python (it's java), but the logic looks simple enough. I rewrote my script to take that into account.

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/0d38b0ea

I've redone the files I posted above based on the new script. Can you check with your own script whether it works correctly/make a new exe based on them? I'd assume if it has, then after running your own script on the files, there should be no changes made to any of them - alternatively, you can just dump it into the exe and it should be obvious quickly if I messed up the logic.

« Reply #468 on: July 27, 2014, 02:07:49 AM »
Nope, not working.

For example,
Yours:
008858C0: Reimu and Marisa are, how do I put this... Extremely@experienced with incidents... Their perspective is much@different from ours...
Mine:
008858C0: Reimu and Marisa are, how do I put this... Extremely@experienced with incidents... Their perspective is much @different from ours...

There should be a space after "much" - "experienced with incidents... Their perspective is much" is 55 characters, so the @ will be on the 56th character, which is even.

It looks like you never added extra spaces where they don't belong, so I'm guessing it's just a looping issue, i.e. you aren't accounting for any @ after the first one. It needs to handle every block; from the start to the first @, between each pair of @s, and from the last @ to the end of the string. 

« Reply #469 on: July 27, 2014, 02:27:22 AM »
Nope, not working.

For example,
Yours:
008858C0: Reimu and Marisa are, how do I put this... Extremely@experienced with incidents... Their perspective is much@different from ours...
Mine:
008858C0: Reimu and Marisa are, how do I put this... Extremely@experienced with incidents... Their perspective is much @different from ours...

There should be a space after "much" - "experienced with incidents... Their perspective is much" is 55 characters, so the @ will be on the 56th character, which is even.

It looks like you never added extra spaces where they don't belong, so I'm guessing it's just a looping issue, i.e. you aren't accounting for any @ after the first one. It needs to handle every block; from the start to the first @, between each pair of @s, and from the last @ to the end of the string.

Ahh, okay. I was checking the length of the entire string as I concatenated it instead of the length of each fragment after the @ split. Modified it and the output for that line looks the same as yours now. The following files should hopefully be entirely fixed:

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/f974f043

« Reply #470 on: July 27, 2014, 12:26:18 PM »
Ok, that seems to have fixed it.

Hooray, one less step for me to potentially forget about.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #471 on: July 27, 2014, 08:57:27 PM »
2 lines I forgot to insert back when cleaning

0087AD24: Move to the upper floor?
上の階層に移動しますか?
0087ADF4: Move to the lower floor?
下の階層に移動しますか?

Also, this line doesn't render properly, not sure why

0087B0B0: We found some sort of tunnel at the end of this wall.@Looks like we can go through the other side.

« Reply #472 on: July 27, 2014, 09:43:14 PM »
That's in SystemMessages.txt, so my script wasn't run on it.

That's the only line in there I see with a @, so maybe it should just be moved to Rocks.txt or something.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #473 on: July 27, 2014, 11:09:49 PM »
008DACE0: [Oracle of Sacred Mirror Dedication]
008DAD20: [Oracle of Eternal Heaven and Earth]

Those two lines were mixed up before.

Also since the enemy attacks file doesn't have the new moves from the deformed bosses, I've translated them here:

http://puu.sh/atLrv/ff76875017.txt

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #474 on: July 27, 2014, 11:59:40 PM »
Bit more stuff

0085F5B0: This effect does not occur until an ally or enemy gets a turn.
戦闘開始後、敵味方の誰かが行動を行う直前までこの効果は発揮されない。
(Has been missing for a while for Meiling, essentially the same as 00862620)

008619C0: Lowers the rate at which the encounter rate counter increases by (SLv*12%).
0085D5E0: Lowers the rate at which the encounter rate counter increases by (SLv*10%).

Used to be
00861970: (SLv*12%). This effect stacks with other similar skills,
008619C0: Decreases the rate at which the encounter rate counter increases by
but that caused a problem with Renko's Astronomical Observation and Diva's Silent Melody

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #475 on: July 28, 2014, 12:32:31 AM »
i'm assuming your really close to posting the 100% ENG to 11F ENG patch right? i'm really excited to play, i remembered the game a week, ago, patched from 1.4 to recent, and started a file only to find your going to release a new ENG patch. i'm really excited :D

even if past 11f isn't ENG, it'll be nice to play with readable menus where 50% of text isn't offscreen. I can't wait! (very very excited)
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

« Reply #476 on: July 28, 2014, 05:15:08 PM »
it's just me that opens chrome and come to this page every 10mins to check if the new exe is up?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:17:08 PM by lolbob »

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #477 on: July 28, 2014, 09:34:05 PM »
it's just me that opens chrome and come to this page every 10mins to check if the new exe is up?

i'm just leaving the tab open and refreshing every 30 minutes.

soon....soon...
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

« Reply #478 on: July 28, 2014, 09:46:01 PM »
uh, you really shouldn't expect a new exe until Deranged delivers another block of translations. Which will probably be a while.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #479 on: July 28, 2014, 10:34:28 PM »
Also since the enemy attacks file doesn't have the new moves from the deformed bosses, I've translated them here:

http://puu.sh/atLrv/ff76875017.txt
The Super Mario RPG attacks would probably all belong to the 16F extra boss or one of its crystals, since that boss (in appearance) is pretty much exactly Culex from said game. Hope that helps.