Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project  (Read 467001 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project
« Reply #360 on: June 02, 2014, 03:20:45 AM »
Thrilled to see some activity here.  Thanks to everybody's continued efforts, and thanks to Deranged for helping out.

Veto

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #361 on: June 04, 2014, 04:22:05 AM »
http://pastebin.com/2ZDNP2cx
This is the last page of the Sub Items, I'll put it out hopefully before you start them, or start proofreading the other items. It's missing a few, I couldn't understand them all. The references on them should be good, other than the Angel Ring that I have no clue where it comes from.
It also has a few lines at the end from other previous items.
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #362 on: June 04, 2014, 06:06:21 AM »
Updated files and exe.

https://www.mediafire.com/?8nxkhm4fq2jqj1f

This includes Deranged's proofread version of the opening, and the stuff in "new stuff for 1.203.txt".

Sorry but where is this "new stuff for 1.203.txt. Was it supposed to be included in that rar file? cuz it's not:
http://i59.tinypic.com/2ldhwtw.png

« Reply #363 on: June 04, 2014, 03:34:53 PM »
They translated it to OPART. The Katakana for o is elongated by the line which makes me feel odd about it along with the fact that OOPART stands for Out of Place Artifact. I suppose it doesn't matter.

Anyways, thanks for your hard work.

Just a minor change then. Thanks.

http://pastebin.com/2ZDNP2cx
This is the last page of the Sub Items, I'll put it out hopefully before you start them, or start proofreading the other items. It's missing a few, I couldn't understand them all. The references on them should be good, other than the Angel Ring that I have no clue where it comes from.
It also has a few lines at the end from other previous items.

Don't worry, I'm not THAT fast! I just finished slogging through characterSkills.txt - was a real pain since there's very little rhyme or reason to the order, and most of the editing was just to make everything fit in some fashion or another. I'll save that for now though.

I'm going alphabetically so it'll be a bit till I hit items.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #364 on: June 04, 2014, 03:58:29 PM »
Sorry but where is this "new stuff for 1.203.txt. Was it supposed to be included in that rar file? cuz it's not:
http://i59.tinypic.com/2ldhwtw.png
It's added to the patch, the changes just weren't added to their respective txt files
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

« Reply #365 on: June 07, 2014, 08:29:56 PM »
So does this mean a full translation of the game is happening now?   It's great to hear that, if so, but even if not any additional translation work is great news!  Thanks for putting in the time and effort to do this, it's always great to have more fun dungeon crawlers around, and this one having a Touhou theme is a pretty nice bonus.

« Reply #366 on: June 08, 2014, 04:25:44 PM »
Character Spells, Enemies, Enemy Attacks and Floor Names proofread.

Character Spells - mostly took the character limit for spell/skill names to be as far as the first box goes - I assume even if the "Master!" overlay obscures the last bit, it should be irrelevant since then you already know the skill level of the skill. Otherwise, the usual fitting/grammar/rewording/meaning changes.

Enemies - Generally took the character limit to the bestiary box for enemy names. This means there'll still be (possibly a lot of) overlap in-battle, but the limit'd be a bit too restrictive to work with if accounting for that... And even with that expanded limit, still had to change a few things (like Reflection -> Shadow, and generally shortening the Reflection/Shadow Bosses' names) to make them fit. The new enemies from 1.203.txt were also in items.txt for some reason, I moved them here.

Enemy Attacks - There were quite a few missing (that also weren't in new in 1.203.txt or anywhere else except strdump.txt based on a quick find-all using the hexadecimal). I added them in-line with how they seem to be laid out in strdump.txt, along with the enemy attacks from random crap.txt.

Floor names - nothing big here, just a few grammar changes.

Probably will do items next.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #367 on: June 09, 2014, 11:18:45 PM »
By the way, Qaz, might you be able to upload the Japanese images in the game's archives? Also, can you upload the new OSTs from versions 1.20x, if possible?

« Reply #368 on: June 09, 2014, 11:50:30 PM »
Uhh, what are you looking for in the images? There's an old dump somewhere containing everything from the original version.

This is the only new song in bgm2.dxa. Everything else is spell effects. There should be an existing rip of the OST as well.

https://www.mediafire.com/?hl7l6zjcgcp0ah9

anyway, got latest Deranged changes in place. I also removed a ton of trailing tab characters from characterSkills.txt, which were causing dots to appear at the end of the descriptions.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #369 on: June 10, 2014, 07:41:37 AM »
I'm not searching for anything, I just think I may have found someone who can possibly clean them... So if possible, you can give me the link so I can give him a try. Worst case scenario I'll search 10F thread again...

By the way, I also found that theme on Nico Nico Douga: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19692031
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 09:33:00 AM by Xarizzar95 »

« Reply #370 on: June 10, 2014, 01:00:59 PM »
Oh. you mean the images in need of editing.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m88gzf74519o7bi
The original set of images

Last set of images I got from Canon before he disappeared:
https://mega.co.nz/#!rRo3xKbT!VejBPHl90ZUqEPy1PdZcf2KAFx5RMR77Vypt0nrsGms

I had someone look over the translations that were edited in originally, but I can't find the corrections anywhere. I thought they'd be in a pastebin, but I don't have one on my account. On the other hand, it might be better to just have Deranged re-translate it, since I know there were a large number of issues ("yen" instead of just "money", I think, was a big one)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #371 on: June 10, 2014, 01:41:08 PM »
The one image thing I notice regularly is the SPI/LGT element mixup.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #372 on: June 10, 2014, 03:32:24 PM »
From what I see, not as many images as I thought are in need of actual cleaning. The transparent ones we can just replace them with new ones(hopefully)...

« Reply #373 on: June 22, 2014, 03:24:04 PM »
Pretty much every file  has been done. I've pretty much included all the files just in case, though I may not have touched some of them.

Everything should be made to fit into their relevant boxes now (if only barely for some of them), and most things translated and TC'd except for dialogue and images. If/when Qaz gets out a new patch with these files, feel free to report any cases of Japanese text or overflows, with the following exceptions (I can think of currently):

-Almost all dialogue (still to be done)
-Character names (Not much can be done here, unless you want to say hello to main characters Rei Haku and Mari Kiri).
-Attack names at the top left of the battle screen (At least, in the sense that it'll always overflow the element of the attack - probably not feasible to cater for)
-Enemy names at the battle screen (The size limit for that is too small to account for - I've taken the Bestiary box as the size limit instead)
-Item names/drop rates at the bottom-right of the Bestiary (Same as above)
-System messages in dungeons (still to be done)

Kuilfrayt: Have you done any changes to the dialogue since Qaz's last update? If so, let me know where you've started, and I can maybe start backwards or something, after I check the images and other misc. things anyway.

« Reply #374 on: June 22, 2014, 03:28:59 PM »
Can't wait to test your new patch with these files.

I think I will doing a NG+ when it will be released, then I will report everything that seeems wrong (about overflows mainly) .

Thanks for your hard work :]

« Reply #375 on: June 22, 2014, 05:22:05 PM »
Got some duplicates. Posting them so you can tell me which to use.

0086FAE4: Cee-lo Customized Dice
0086FAE4: Cee-lo's Special Dice

0086FDDC: Smasher "Mjolnir"
0086FDDC: The One that Smashes「Mjolnir」
(I do prefer English quotes over Japanese, however)

0086FF60: HP & DEF & MAG +128%  Ocasionally takes 0 damage
0086FF60: HP & DEF & MAG +128%  Will rarely take 0 damage

008700EC: ATK & MND & SPD +128%  Occasionally deals double damage
008700EC: ATK & MND & SPD +128%  Will rarely deal double damage

008704A4: HEV Suit
008704A4: H.E.V Suit
(The original does have periods, but I think that's the older one)

00870F38: Flamelong Sword
00870F38: Flaming Sword

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #376 on: June 22, 2014, 06:09:18 PM »
Got some duplicates. Posting them so you can tell me which to use.

0086FAE4: Cee-lo Customized Dice
0086FAE4: Cee-lo's Special Dice

0086FDDC: The One that Smashes「Mjolnir」
(I do prefer English quotes over Japanese, however)

0086FF60: HP & DEF & MAG +128%  Will rarely take 0 damage

008700EC: ATK & MND & SPD +128%  Will rarely deal double damage

008704A4: H.E.V Suit
(The original does have periods, but I think that's the older one)

00870F38: Flaming Sword

For the Cee-lo one, do we want to take Cee-lo or Chinchirorin, since Chinchirorin is the name of the game in the manga; it's derived from Cee-lo, but with it's own differences. In any case, it should be "XX Customized Dice"

Also, Deranged,
00870CA0: it can't be removed until after, forcefully. And it still remains at 1 DEF.
00870D00: You need it to enter that Heaven-like place you'll never want to leave, and
Might just be me, but "and it can't be removed until after, forcefully" sounds kinda weird

Qaz, I don't know if it would be possible for you to do another dialogue text dump, the one I have is from 1.141, and for some reason, after 1.200, they started putting the dialogue a bit everywhere without any order, like:
0088406C: Well, if it isn't Remilia.@Whatcha doing here?
00884474: I'm not the only here.
00888D40: Good day to you.
These three lines are one after the other in the game, but completly apart from each others in the text dump. Trying to find them all is just not really possible.
We could probably still use the old dialogue dump, but I'm pretty sure there has been some changes to the lines, typo corrections and the likes.

« Reply #377 on: June 23, 2014, 04:25:40 PM »

For the Cee-lo one, do we want to take Cee-lo or Chinchirorin, since Chinchirorin is the name of the game in the manga; it's derived from Cee-lo, but with it's own differences. In any case, it should be "XX Customized Dice"

My preference is actually Chinchirorin, since the point of these item names is to allow people who know the reference to get it, which a change of name won't facilitate. I've changed the item name to "Chinchirorin Custom Dice" to fit in the box (hopefully) though.

Also, Deranged,
00870CA0: it can't be removed until after, forcefully. And it still remains at 1 DEF.
00870D00: You need it to enter that Heaven-like place you'll never want to leave, and
Might just be me, but "and it can't be removed until after, forcefully" sounds kinda weird

To be honest, I'm not even sure what I was thinking then, haha. Probably got mixed up and confused after spending 20-30 minutes looking up references in obscure JP pages (which happened distressingly often with items.txt). I've changed it in my updated text files.

Updated files here. Includes lots of changes for things that didn't fully fit as I expect. Qaz, please use these in the next exe; it fixes the duplicates above as well, by pretty much eliminating the extra set of page 6 items that was in items.txt, and keeping the ones Kuifrayt did and mentioned above.

The descriptions of each location in the main Gensokyo page are especially tricky. I don't know if what I did would help, but it can't hurt to try...

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #378 on: June 23, 2014, 04:35:13 PM »
The descriptions of each location in the main Gensokyo page are especially tricky. I don't know if what I did would help, but it can't hurt to try...
I recalled that they used to fit in the previous versions (before 1.200), or somewhat fit so that we could see everything.

And this is what we have right now

The description and the names kinda got shifted to the right for some reason.

Probably got mixed up and confused after spending 20-30 minutes looking up references in obscure JP pages (which happened distressingly often with items.txt).
Talking about references, I thought I was doing pretty well at finding them, but you just blew me out of the water with what you were able to dig out. I'm still amazed at what you've found for the princess in Bahamut Lagoon O.o

« Reply #379 on: June 23, 2014, 05:02:39 PM »
I should be able to shift text around, e.g. move it to the left, but that's something that'll have to wait until the game isn't being patched anymore. Otherwise I'd have to re-do everything each time 3peso makes a new patch. And we're definitely going to be a lot of patches for the new expansion.

Will use the updated files when I get home.

Also, try to not use single-character ellipsis, i.e. "?", or special characters like word quotes or hyphens. I don't want to mix any kind of multi-byte characters with the ascii text; I'm pretty sure that if that character begins on an even byte, it won't display correctly. I don't think I've actually seen it be an issue yet, but I feel it's better safe than sorry.

« Reply #380 on: June 23, 2014, 05:28:26 PM »
Talking about references, I thought I was doing pretty well at finding them, but you just blew me out of the water with what you were able to dig out. I'm still amazed at what you've found for the princess in Bahamut Lagoon O.o

I think you did very well in that! Especially if it's your first translation project. Back (wayyy back...) when I did LoT1, I had the benefit of someone else better than me doing the items list then, and double-checking his list of references helped me learn a lot in how to search for these kind of things.

Speaking of which, I should update the google docs spreadsheet since there's a bunch of explanations  of changes/references that I didn't put in (e.g. why I changed Yogurt Doll's description)... maybe tomorrow.

I should be able to shift text around, e.g. move it to the left, but that's something that'll have to wait until the game isn't being patched anymore. Otherwise I'd have to re-do everything each time 3peso makes a new patch. And we're definitely going to be a lot of patches for the new expansion.

Ahh, okay. I'll stop using my wholly inelegant attempts to fix those then (SPACES, EVERYWHERE), and remove them from the text files when there's enough content for another update.

« Reply #381 on: June 23, 2014, 08:33:32 PM »
Ahh, okay. I'll stop using my wholly inelegant attempts to fix those then (SPACES, EVERYWHERE), and remove them from the text files when there's enough content for another update.

What, does that actually work? And pushes text to the left? That's probably a better solution, then, since it won't break every time a new patch comes out.

https://www.mediafire.com/?48loa4n8o3575q5
Updated files. Includes a dialogue dump that's probably more accurate. Got rid of some ellipsis characters as well. Is there any reason we're using Japanese quotes?

Edit: Link updated to actually contain the right exe (I need to stop doing that...)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 11:35:58 PM by qazmlpok »

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #382 on: June 23, 2014, 10:22:53 PM »
https://www.mediafire.com/?cjftm67s5nc2s9j
Updated files. Includes a dialogue dump that's probably more accurate. Got rid of some ellipsis characters as well. Is there any reason we're using Japanese quotes?
I can't think of any reasons why I was using the JP quotes, I guess its because they looked cooler? Who knows.

Wrong .exe btw

« Reply #383 on: June 24, 2014, 01:00:12 AM »
What, does that actually work? And pushes text to the left? That's probably a better solution, then, since it won't break every time a new patch comes out.

I have no idea if it works (and can't test the new exe right now to confirm). I just noticed that those strings were overflowing to the right when I started, so I made the descriptions smaller to compensate, but this seemed to push the starting location of the string further right instead (though this was just from eyeballling). So I was checking if the opposite was true by adding ~5 spaces at the end of each of those strings. You might be in a better position to test whether it works yourself - add 30+ spaces and see if it has any effect.

« Reply #384 on: June 24, 2014, 09:45:29 AM »
It did also on character's name ( the last letter from their name are hidden when you open your formation, unless for the for right ones )

I guess then it's about something like CSS.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #385 on: June 26, 2014, 12:31:33 PM »
O.o Thanks to the freshly translated page 6 set of items, I learned something unexpected (and mildly useful) about an old game. Awesome.
Glad to see life in this thread again.

A quick look yielded no weird overflow errors, but I only really looked at the characters in my party.

« Reply #386 on: June 26, 2014, 02:28:10 PM »
I got the old .exe, I going take the new.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #387 on: June 27, 2014, 02:26:26 AM »
I'm not following the thread, but I'm dropping by just to ask how the translation is going.

Are you guys done with it already? If not, is there some estimate to when it will be finished?

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #388 on: June 27, 2014, 03:40:59 AM »
I think at this point, everything except dialogue and a few in-dungeon blips have been translated and been linebroken correctly. (For a long time we had "almost all of that translated, but you can't read half of it because lol linebreaks", so this is a big improvement.) All the game-start dialogue is translated so you can learn the actual functions of the game, but past that, all the chats are moonrunes.

Wouldn't have an idea about an estimate for doing the dialogue itself. Things have been picking up a lot since Deranged joined the project, though.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #389 on: June 28, 2014, 12:18:51 AM »
Thank you for the reply, Serela.

I guess I'll wait for the translation to get complete then. Wanna read the dialogue too.

Sweetness and love~ ♥