Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project  (Read 467054 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project
« Reply #300 on: December 20, 2013, 05:41:41 AM »
http://pastebin.com/jw9HyZu1
And this should cover everything about Mari and Renko

Just randomly looking through, should I be worried that line 54 is for 57 and 56 is for 55? Also the order for line 54's should be PAR, SHK and SIL instead? ???

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #301 on: December 20, 2013, 06:55:22 AM »
Just randomly looking through, should I be worried that line 54 is for 57 and 56 is for 55? Also the order for line 54's should be PAR, SHK and SIL instead? ???
Yea I messed that up. And this is why I post stuff here so we can make sure everything is in order. I've amended the version.

Did a few edits on the last pastebin, added the menu floor waypoints, and some small grammar points, but I didn't find anything glaring to correct on this one.

Also, on the main Gensokyo menu, the description for the different options are overflowing to the outside, even though they shouldn't have changed from the previous patch http://i.imgur.com/Gj0es8U.jpg (it's doing it for all the options)
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #302 on: December 20, 2013, 12:27:03 PM »
Yeah, I've noticed the overflow too. Maybe for some reason the alignment for option text changed between versions? Either that or somehow additional spaces made their way into the text, which I doubt.
Also that 21F name is fine with me. ^^;
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #303 on: December 20, 2013, 06:36:05 PM »
Not being able to translate the floor name myself (more like being lazy to bother doing so) and given my impression of what the 21F does, I'd say the floor name is fine as is.

This is probably an issue with whoever fiddled with the image files for the game but I've noticed this:
[attach=1]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 06:41:44 PM by jaxter0987 »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #304 on: December 20, 2013, 10:39:28 PM »
"Assault Beacon" should be "Charge", as per LoT1.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #305 on: December 20, 2013, 11:48:45 PM »
"Assault Beacon" should be "Charge", as per LoT1.
...does it really have the same name as it did in LoT1 in japanese? I don't have the time to check right now, but it doesn't -seem- like it'd be likely for those translations to both be from the same thing...

(I mean I know generally you translate things the same between games but if the move's name is completely different you wouldn't just keep the old game's one anyway)

edit:I probably shouldn't have even bothered posting this when I can't check the japanese first right now  :derp:
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #306 on: December 20, 2013, 11:57:43 PM »
...does it really have the same name as it did in LoT1 in japanese? I don't have the time to check right now, but it doesn't -seem- like it'd be likely for those translations to both be from the same thing...
I just miss the check on that one when I first did it, but I went and verified, it's the same name, so it should be change to
008557E0: 『Charge』
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #307 on: December 21, 2013, 12:20:09 AM »
oh wow, huh
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #308 on: December 21, 2013, 02:54:37 AM »
I've gotten two crashes so far with the patch:

1- Using the Level Unification crashes the game.
2- Attempting the 1F Chen event causes the game to crash, probably because of something with the lines there.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #309 on: December 21, 2013, 03:24:25 AM »

2- Attempting the 1F Chen event causes the game to crash, probably because of something with the lines there.
Not sure what is causing the Level Unification bug, because the lines shouldn't have changed from the previous patch, and it was working fine there.

About the Chen event (and the other events on 1F that have some issues with missing lines and wrong separation), I made some changes in the patch 1.151 thing I posted that are not put in yet, and it should be fixing some of the missing stuff in events and just make it work better all around.

« Reply #310 on: December 21, 2013, 04:48:58 AM »

Can I get screenshots of these crashes, especially any related lines before/during the crash? I tried unification and it worked fine for me.

also didn't have time to apply any of the changes or anything. Won't be back until the 27th.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #311 on: December 21, 2013, 05:32:24 AM »
Can I get screenshots of these crashes, especially any related lines before/during the crash? I tried unification and it worked fine for me.
http://imgur.com/a/QWHRY

The first two are from the Level Unification, it crashes when you press Z/A button/the button you use to accept after selecting the level you want everyone to be at, it does not show the small window with the message saying "Level has been unified, chara lower than that level won't be put at it yada yada" (the lines are 008DFB68, 008DFB80, 008DFBD0)
The first one in french basically says "An error has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close this program and indicate if a solution is available."
The second one is when I try to use the "D?boguer" button (Debug). It might do this because I had Visual Studio installed previously, but not anymore (I'm installing it back to see if it changes anything).

The third one is the Chen event, it does this on the first line when stepping on the event, Reimu simply says "......?" (pretty sure the line is 0087B880)

« Reply #312 on: December 21, 2013, 07:51:10 AM »
I'm not an expert but I had the Chen crash once, but then I did fight the evil nut eater before (and got Keine's tuto on boss icons) then the "boss fight" against the monsters Chen leave behind and it didn't crash.

« Reply #313 on: December 21, 2013, 01:52:59 PM »
oh. Ooops. When I said "yeah it's working for me", I was using "level everyone up to max".

Found the problem. 008DFB80 has %s instead of %d. Fixed that, but not anything else.

For Chen, I'll need more than just 008DFB80. Something like that is definitely shared across multiple locations. Can anyone find the original Japanese text (or English text of when it used to work, assuming it ever did)?

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #314 on: December 21, 2013, 05:55:05 PM »
For Chen, I'll need more than just 008DFB80. Something like that is definitely shared across multiple locations. Can anyone find the original Japanese text (or English text of when it used to work, assuming it ever did)?
I think it's the first time we put the english text.
http://pastebin.com/xaaXATaq
I've put the lines I sent you from 1.151 that are in the current english patch (I've checked with the text files and it's in rocks.txt), and I've put all the japanese lines that appear in that event in 1.203

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #315 on: December 21, 2013, 06:05:26 PM »
I'm pretty sure you guys know about this already, but just saying just for the heck of it; I went to look at that last file kuilfrayt posted, and:
Code: [Select]
0080E820: Just now? Wasn't that the shikigami of the shikigami @of that purple one, Chen? That was her, right?@What's that girl doing?
<Marisa> 今のは??@紫んとこの式の式の、橙とか言ったっけ? 多分橙だったぞ。@何してるんだアイツ?

Isn't the translation supposed to be:
"Just now? Wasn't that the shikigami of the shikigami @of Yukari, Chen? That was her, right?@What's that girl doing?"
紫 means purple indeed, but it is also the character for Yukari's name. But you guys should already know that, so I guess I'll shut up now *whistles*

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #316 on: December 21, 2013, 07:28:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure you guys know about this already, but just saying just for the heck of it; I went to look at that last file kuilfrayt posted, and:
Code: [Select]
0080E820: Just now? Wasn't that the shikigami of the shikigami @of that purple one, Chen? That was her, right?@What's that girl doing?
<Marisa> 今のは??@紫んとこの式の式の、橙とか言ったっけ? 多分橙だったぞ。@何してるんだアイツ?

Isn't the translation supposed to be:
"Just now? Wasn't that the shikigami of the shikigami @of Yukari, Chen? That was her, right?@What's that girl doing?"
紫 means purple indeed, but it is also the character for Yukari's name. But you guys should already know that, so I guess I'll shut up now *whistles*
It's been some time since I've translated that part so I don't really remember what my choices were in that translation, it's either:
A) I went through it quickly and didn't realize it was supposed to be Yukari, or
B) I purposely decided to use that purple one instead of Yukari.

But looking at it right now, I would say it's probably better to use Yukari instead

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #317 on: December 21, 2013, 10:58:43 PM »
Noticed a spelling error in Satori's surname, it says Komeji instead of Komeiji.
Mwahahahahha!

Kero-chan

• Highest of Native Gods
  • Spellcardo! ''You are now blinking manually!''
    • Whirled
« Reply #318 on: December 23, 2013, 07:20:00 AM »
Uwehh... I get this error when I encounter Kogasa. http://prntscr.com/2db5ke

Does anyone else have this problem? Or did I do something wrong?
I wonder if Sanae has my Ohagi ready...

jaxter0987

« Reply #319 on: December 23, 2013, 12:14:29 PM »
Uwehh... I get this error when I encounter Kogasa. http://prntscr.com/2db5ke

Does anyone else have this problem? Or did I do something wrong?
I don't believe anyone else has encountered this, so I can only assume sometime went wrong with the patching process.

Kero-chan

• Highest of Native Gods
    • Whirled
« Reply #320 on: December 23, 2013, 03:54:19 PM »
I don't believe anyone else has encountered this, so I can only assume sometime went wrong with the patching process.
What do I have to do exactly? I mean, when it comes to installing the (current) english patch.

« Reply #321 on: December 23, 2013, 05:00:09 PM »
It's been some time since I've translated that part so I don't really remember what my choices were in that translation, it's either:
A) I went through it quickly and didn't realize it was supposed to be Yukari, or
B) I purposely decided to use that purple one instead of Yukari.

But looking at it right now, I would say it's probably better to use Yukari instead

To be fair, there is precedent of characters being addressed simply by the colors they wear, especially when they are being referenced in disgust, most prevalent with Reimu and Marisa.  Calling Yukari "the purple one" isn't exactly unusual or unnatural for how this cast talks- it doesn't read odd to me.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #322 on: December 23, 2013, 05:37:30 PM »
What do I have to do exactly? I mean, when it comes to installing the (current) english patch.
This error is probably because something went wrong when I wrote the lines themselves (forgot a space, added one too many, forgot to use @, etc). There's nothing to do with it right now. The only way to get past it is to play that part in japanese and then go back to english once the event is completed. You'll need to wait for the next patches from us to have this fixed.

Kero-chan

• Highest of Native Gods
    • Whirled
« Reply #323 on: December 23, 2013, 05:39:55 PM »
This error is probably because something went wrong when I wrote the lines themselves (forgot a space, added one too many, forgot to use @, etc). There's nothing to do with it right now. The only way to get past it is to play that part in japanese and then go back to english once the event is completed. You'll need to wait for the next patches from us to have this fixed.
Okay, thank you! I'll just wait for another update then. A game is always good with story...  :3

« Reply #324 on: January 02, 2014, 09:07:06 PM »
https://www.mediafire.com/?iin755e30ef7bxv

Should have gotten all of the updates, including the 1151 stuff I missed.

I'm seeing a lot of partially translated sentences. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they were the cause of the crashes I've been hearing about. I doubt the engine actually supports mixed English and Japanese.

jaxter0987

« Reply #325 on: January 03, 2014, 02:58:16 AM »
Minor typo in Alice's spell card descriptions for Artful Sacrifice and Little Legion
"Special spell that uses the casters MAG agains the enemy's DEF."

as well as Kanako's Mad Dance on Medoteko and Misayama Hunting Ritual
"It is a Magic Attack, but its damage is calculated agains the enemy's DEF."

Should be "against"
https://www.mediafire.com/?iin755e30ef7bxv

Should have gotten all of the updates, including the 1151 stuff I missed.

I'm seeing a lot of partially translated sentences. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they were the cause of the crashes I've been hearing about. I doubt the engine actually supports mixed English and Japanese.
I noticed that the exe in the link you posted has the same date modified as the last 1.203 patch you posted.
Just wanted to say this to make sure that you didn't accidentally upload the wrong file or something.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #326 on: January 03, 2014, 03:09:26 AM »
Minor typo in Alice's spell card descriptions for Artful Sacrifice and Little Legion
"Special spell that uses the casters MAG agains the enemy's DEF."

as well as Kanako's Mad Dance on Medoteko and Misayama Hunting Ritual
"It is a Magic Attack, but its damage is calculated agains the enemy's DEF."

Should be "against"
The lines are
00857908: It is a Magic Attack, but its damage is calculated against the enemy's DEF, not MND.
0085CDC8: Special spell that uses the caster's MAG agains the enemy's DEF.
I noticed that the exe in the link you posted has the same date modified as the last 1.203 patch you posted.
Just wanted to say this to make sure that you didn't accidentally upload the wrong file or something.
You're right, it's not the right one, the intro didn't crash. I'll fix the english/japanese mixed-up lines by the end of the weekend

« Reply #327 on: January 03, 2014, 04:46:34 AM »
https://www.mediafire.com/?w2drzv9vw855zzf

Blargh

Fixed those two lines as well.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #328 on: January 03, 2014, 05:40:10 AM »
It's most likely that, though sometimes, it still works, though a bit weirdly. This line in the intro, for example:

0087CB28: なるほど?。 で、その盗みの犯人を探している間に@今度はあの大樹なんていう、また別の大きな問題が発生したと。
0087CB28: I see? で、その盗みの犯人を探している間に@今度はあの大樹なんていう、また別の大きな問題が発生したと。
While the first part until the @ is supposed to be on one line only, it appears this way in the english patch

Also, any idea why my "..." appear like japanese ones and not english ones?

Another thing I came across is that some dialogue windows have more lines (read here "more @") than they had in the original, and it didn't seem to cause problems, so do you think we would be able to spread our translation with additional lines like that too?
For example:
0087DCA8: 現れた原因も定かではないこの樹木は、魔法の森に突如生起した後@幻想郷の日の光を遮りながら今も少しずつ成長し、@辺り一帯にほの暗い帳を降ろし続けている。 (original)
0087DCA8: 現れた原因も定かではないこの樹木は、魔・@の森に突・@生起した後@幻想郷の日の光を遮りながら今も少しずつ成長し、@辺り一帯にほの暗い帳を降ろし続けている。 (eng patch)
Both the in-game images can be found in this link
It's not the only one I saw, but this one shows the difference it very well

Another thing, a minor one, a lot of subclass skills/spells end up with a ・ at the end of their names. It's caused by having a long space after the line so I've just modified them and included them into this file. It also inclues the new equipment and new enemies and all the corrections that were needed for stuff that changed and wasn't carried out from 1.151 to 1.203 https://www.mediafire.com/?39m6872moli3372

jaxter0987

« Reply #329 on: January 03, 2014, 12:01:36 PM »
Another thing, a minor one, a lot of subclass skills/spells end up with a ・ at the end of their names. It's caused by having a long space after the line so I've just modified them and included them into this file. It also inclues the new equipment and new enemies and all the corrections that were needed for stuff that changed and wasn't carried out from 1.151 to 1.203 https://www.mediafire.com/?39m6872moli3372
Just took a quick look and noticed that Melody was typo'd as Medoly.
Also noticed that some of the skill descriptions still had male pronouns.

It was easier just to edit them myself and reupload.
https://www.mediafire.com/?imyw12bw32utyy6
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:07:59 PM by jaxter0987 »