Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project  (Read 466810 times)

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2013, 01:02:26 AM »
Description for Yuka's Tormenting Nature (007E1398), it should be somthing similar to Suika's Free-Spirited and Uninhibited Oni.
(Deals more damage the lower the enemy's HP is)

Description for Suika's Ibuki Gourd, (007E1BC0, 007E1B68), it should be made clearer that only one of the 6 effects occur each turn.

Description for Yukari's Boundaries of Injuries and Healing (007E1F44, 007E1F90), it should be [the average of her current HP and maximum HP]
Yukari's maximum HP, that is.

Yukari's 物理と魔力の境界 (007E20CC), I think 'Boundaries of Physical and Magical' might work better. Probably.

Iku's 羽衣は空の如く(007E29C8) was translated to 'Veils Like Sky' in th105. I still prefer Hagoromo to veil, though.

3rd line of description for Beatdown (007E4510), it should be
'MP recovery and stat increase doesn't change even if 2 or more enemies are defeated at the same time' (i.e. Doesn't stack)

Forgot to mention, Nazrin's Myouren Temple Personnel copies Hijiri's stats on the skill holder's turn. (007E4708)

Description for Team ⑨, it works similarly to other synergy skills (Stats Boosted per member, excluding self)
Current description makes it sound like the skill holder receives only (SLv*12)% only when all 4 members are present. (007E5138)

Cirno's 氷のお転婆娘, I think it should be Girl instead of Daughter. (007E64B8)

Momiji's 千里先まで見通す程度の能力 was translated to 'Ability to See a Thousand Ri Ahead' in her th10 profile. (007E56DC)

Kogasa's 人間を驚かす程度の能力 was translated to 'Ability to Surprise Humans' in her th12 profile. (007E6310)

Youmu's and Yuyuko's 冥界に住まう者, 冥界 is usually translated to Netherworld. (007E6DC8)
Signature

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2013, 01:35:18 AM »
I think calling the skill "Boundaries of Physical and Magical" isn't as apt as what it is currently.

I rather like the idea of calling Cirno a "daughter of ice". To me, that fits what she is.

As for Momiji's skill, I think keeping the translation of Miles rather than Ri is easier for the players. I'm sure more people know what a "Mile" is compared to what a "Ri" is.

Edit:
It seems like the item "Lilies Pant" should be Lily's Panties based on what I see on the wiki. Unless that's a mistake of course.
And is Regenerador's Heart supposed to be spelled that way?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 01:51:43 AM by jaxter0987 »

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2013, 02:07:20 AM »
Description for Yuka's Tormenting Nature (007E1398), it should be somthing similar to Suika's Free-Spirited and Uninhibited Oni.
(Deals more damage the lower the enemy's HP is)

Description for Suika's Ibuki Gourd, (007E1BC0, 007E1B68), it should be made clearer that only one of the 6 effects occur each turn.

Description for Yukari's Boundaries of Injuries and Healing (007E1F44, 007E1F90), it should be [the average of her current HP and maximum HP]
Yukari's maximum HP, that is.

Yukari's 物理と魔力の境界 (007E20CC), I think 'Boundaries of Physical and Magical' might work better. Probably.

Iku's 羽衣は空の如く(007E29C8) was translated to 'Veils Like Sky' in th105. I still prefer Hagoromo to veil, though.

3rd line of description for Beatdown (007E4510), it should be
'MP recovery and stat increase doesn't change even if 2 or more enemies are defeated at the same time' (i.e. Doesn't stack)

Forgot to mention, Nazrin's Myouren Temple Personnel copies Hijiri's stats on the skill holder's turn. (007E4708)

Description for Team ⑨, it works similarly to other synergy skills (Stats Boosted per member, excluding self)
Current description makes it sound like the skill holder receives only (SLv*12)% only when all 4 members are present. (007E5138)

Cirno's 氷のお転婆娘, I think it should be Girl instead of Daughter. (007E64B8)

Momiji's 千里先まで見通す程度の能力 was translated to 'Ability to See a Thousand Ri Ahead' in her th10 profile. (007E56DC)

Kogasa's 人間を驚かす程度の能力 was translated to 'Ability to Surprise Humans' in her th12 profile. (007E6310)

Youmu's and Yuyuko's 冥界に住まう者, 冥界 is usually translated to Netherworld. (007E6DC8)
Tormenting Nature isnt like that, at least not to my understanding. She will deal additionnal damage to the enemy with the lowest hp regardless of their hp, while Suika deals more damage the lower the health of the enemy is. So Yuuka will not do more damage the more hp the enemy loses.

007E1B28: Only one of these effect will happen per turn.
007E1B68: recover (SLv) MP or increase his ATK, DEF, MND or SPD by (SLv*10)%.
007E1BC0: When the skill holder receives a turn, she will either recover (SLv*10)% HP,
I don't really know how else to put it

007E1F44: her HP will become [the average of her current HP and her Maximum HP].
007E1F90: When the skill holder receives a turn, if her HP is lower than its maximum
007E1FE4: Boundaries of Injuries and Healing

I don't think we really need to change it

007E29C8: Hagoromo Like Sky
We'll go with that

007E4510: If 2 or more enemies are defeated, the effect will not increase.
007E4560: and have their overall stats increased by (SLv*8)%.
007E4590: When the skill holder defeats an enemy, he will recover (SLv) MP,
007E45D0: Beat Down
I tried not to make it too long so we can still read it.

007E4708: When Hijiri takes a turn, the skill holder will copy her current stats.
007E4764: If the skill holder is in the front line with Hijiri,
007E4794: Myouren Temple Personnel

007E50D8: and SPD by (SLv*6)% per character, excluding the skill holder.
007E5138: the skill holder's ATK, DEF, MAG, MND will be increased by (SLv*12)%
007E5188: If you have either Rumia, Cirno, Wriggle and Mystia on the front line,
This one in japanese actually lists all the names compared to the other synergy skills that only mentions the general party, so I want to keep it that way.

The official patch for EoSD puts her theme おてんば恋娘 as Beloved Tomboyish Daughter, so I would keep daughter

007E56DC: Ability to See a Thousand Ri Ahead
007E6310: Ability to Surprise Humans
007E6DC8: Those who Live in the Netherworld

Edit:
It seems like the item "Lilies Pant" should be Lily's Panties based on what I see on the wiki. Unless that's a mistake of course.
And is Regenerador's Heart supposed to be spelled that way?
りりうむぱんつ is the japanese name. It can be panties, but the first part is lilium, so I went and used lilies because its the more common name for them and its not like the Robe of Roses, which was 薔薇のローブ, there is no の so no association of the nouns (the 's or "of" shouldn't apply here)
Regeneradors are enemies in Resident Evil http://residentevil.wikia.com/Regenerador. So yes, the spelling is right.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 02:19:25 AM by kuilfrayt »
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2013, 02:58:38 PM »
There's a rock on 15F that says "Only those who worked 88 or more times may pass"

Is this an inconsistent translation?  Or is it a different requirement from "Only those who possess X or more achievements may pass" (as I see engraved on other rocks)?
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2013, 03:01:32 PM »
There's a rock on 15F that says "Only those who worked 88 or more times may pass"

Is this an inconsistent translation?  Or is it a different requirement from "Only those who possess X or more achievements may pass" (as I see engraved on other rocks)?

I'd say kinda inconsistent since you can't really tell what it means based on that translation. It means Create 88 items at Nitori's Workshop.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2013, 04:11:03 PM »
I'd say kinda inconsistent since you can't really tell what it means based on that translation. It means Create 88 items at Nitori's Workshop.
I don't think its inconsistent because that's the way they said it in the japanese game. It's made to be a bit ambigious, kinda like "Only those who subdued all the spirits may pass" is not putting directly a name into the description, but you can still understand who you need to pass through.
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #186 on: September 14, 2013, 04:24:14 PM »
My concern was that the "achievement" description was translated two different ways in two different locations, but I see that's not the case.   As for this "working" description, if the original text was intentionally ambiguous, then I agree the translation should be intentionally ambiguous to match.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2013, 02:39:45 PM »
There's some degree of translated image files for the game, right?

I can't seem to find them, but I've seen plenty of images of people using them.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kiefmaster99

• Touhou Wiki editor
    • Touhou Wiki User Page
« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2013, 05:29:02 PM »
As I said, the description was translated wrong. The defense-ignoring part always works.
Or the text does match the original Japanese, just that it's bugged.
(スキル取得者に行動順が回ってきた際、75%の確率でMPが1減るようになる。攻撃時、敵の防御性能を90%減算してダメージ計算を行う。)

The official patch for EoSD puts her theme おてんば恋娘 as Beloved Tomboyish Daughter, so I would keep daughter

And the fanmade English patch for Hisoutensoku uses "Beloved Tomboyish Girl".
Let's try not to justify translations solely on an English patch, especially a decade-old one.

The wiki lists "Tomboyish Girl in Love" for EoSD and soku, and inconsistently has "...Lovestruck Tomboy" for PoFV; just throwing that out there (I guess "Tomboyish Girl" is kind of redundant).
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:32:52 PM by Kiefmaster99 »

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2013, 08:23:18 PM »

"At the beginning of the skill holder's turn, there is a 75% chance that MP will decrease by 1.  When attacking, the enemy's defensive capabilities will be reduced by 90% during damage calculation."

The way the Japanese has it written, it's like two seperate (non-interacting) effects on one skill.

« Reply #190 on: September 16, 2013, 12:02:09 AM »

As the poster above said, from the way it is written, you shouldn't assume that the first condition has to happen in order for the second condition to happen. Those are 2 separate conditions.
First condition is 75% chance, with the effect of losing 1 MP. Second condition is an always true statement, with the effect of reducing enemy's defensive capabilities by 90%.

Kiefmaster99

• Touhou Wiki editor
    • Touhou Wiki User Page
« Reply #191 on: September 16, 2013, 03:59:13 AM »
As the poster above said, from the way it is written, you shouldn't assume that the first condition has to happen in order for the second condition to happen. Those are 2 separate conditions.
First condition is 75% chance, with the effect of losing 1 MP. Second condition is an always true statement, with the effect of reducing enemy's defensive capabilities by 90%.
"At the beginning of the skill holder's turn, there is a 75% chance that MP will decrease by 1.  When attacking, the enemy's defensive capabilities will be reduced by 90% during damage calculation."

The way the Japanese has it written, it's like two seperate (non-interacting) effects on one skill.
I guess I stand corrected then. Still, it's kind of weird for the two abilities to not be linked. I guess it's some sort of passive that costs an average 0.75MP per turn.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2013, 11:46:50 AM »
Probably already mentioned, but for Achievement 21 on the Achievement List, the Reward is listed as Jet Black Will, while the name given when completing it is Dark Intention. Thought I'd point out the inconsistency, but ignore this if someone already mentioned it.  :ohdear:

« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2013, 01:52:10 PM »
Changes made:

007E5D48: At the end of battle, there is a (SLv*33)% chance to restore 1 MP to all four active members
007E1B28: Only one of these effects will happen per turn.      (added "s" to effects)
007E29C8: Hagoromo Like Sky
007E4510: The effect will not increase if 2 or more enemies are defeated.      (Reworded)
007E4708: The skill holder will copy Hijiri's current stats when she takes a turn.   (Reworded. Stats or buffs?)

007E50D8: and SPD by (SLv*6)% per character, excluding the skill holder.
007E5138: the skill holder's ATK, DEF, MAG, MND will be increased by (SLv*12)%
007E5188: If you have any of Rumia, Cirno, Wriggle or Mystia on the front line,      (Either -> any of; and -> or)

007E6DC8: Those Who Live in the Netherworld

Parenthesis means I changed what was in the thread

Regarding:
007E56DC: Ability to See a Thousand Ri Ahead
007E6310: Ability to Surprise Humans
and Beloved Tomboyish Daughter

Gonna hold off on these for a bit. planning to ask about them on IRC first.

Let me know if I missed anything else.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2013, 05:57:34 PM »
Abilities that show up in a buff slot in battle have a really small amount of available space without kicking out the part where you see how strong it is. I can't tell how strong Fighting Spirit or Kudoku Queen are... although I do wonder if Kudoku Queen even gives any useful knowledge or if it just says like, "lv1". I wouldn't know :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

jaxter0987

« Reply #195 on: September 16, 2013, 08:43:15 PM »
Abilities that show up in a buff slot in battle have a really small amount of available space without kicking out the part where you see how strong it is. I can't tell how strong Fighting Spirit or Kudoku Queen are... although I do wonder if Kudoku Queen even gives any useful knowledge or if it just says like, "lv1". I wouldn't know :V
Kudoku Queen would just say its current level, which is the amount of allies and enemies poisoned. Not sure about Fighting Spirit but I think that one is also just levels by counting the amount of times its stacked.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #196 on: September 17, 2013, 04:54:59 AM »
1.15 is out, by the way.
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2013, 12:50:21 PM »
Please send pending changes, etc.

I'm going to wait at least a day before updating the trans files though, just in case he posts another patch soon after like last time.

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2013, 05:34:26 PM »
Please send pending changes, etc.

I'm going to wait at least a day before updating the trans files though, just in case he posts another patch soon after like last time.

well from the main topic

The menus related to Level-Up Bonuses have small bugs, so I expect a 1.151 patch within the next 24 hours.
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2013, 08:30:57 AM »
Small was quite a understatement.
Using the 'Unify Party Level' doesn't change the skill points and level-up bonuses properly.
Which means repeating 'Unify Party Level' : Lv. 1 and 'Level Up Everyone' will net you gratuitous amounts of skill points and level-up bonuses.

Description for Hoshiguma Dish, it should be '2 or more' instead of 'more than 2'. (007E187C)
Description for Therapeutic Limit Breakthrough (007E2818),
the original description says 'equal to or less than'(以下), which actually doesn't match up with what the skill still does.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 08:52:26 AM by Sungho »
Signature

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2013, 11:59:18 AM »
Small was quite a understatement.
Using the 'Unify Party Level' doesn't change the skill points and level-up bonuses properly.
Which means repeating 'Unify Party Level' : Lv. 1 and 'Level Up Everyone' will net you gratuitous amounts of skill points and level-up bonuses.

Description for Hoshiguma Dish, it should be '2 or more' instead of 'more than 2'. (007E187C)
Description for Therapeutic Limit Breakthrough (007E2818),
the original description says 'equal to or less than'(以下), which actually doesn't match up with what the skill still does.

quick, make a video of a single lv 1 character beating the final boss!
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

jaxter0987

« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2013, 08:06:33 PM »
quick, make a video of a single lv 1 character beating the final boss!
Not really impressive when there's a whole section in the wiki about how to cheat already. People could easily just edit character values and be done with it.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
  • Apathy is a powerful mehtivator.
« Reply #202 on: September 18, 2013, 08:42:17 PM »
Not really impressive when there's a whole section in the wiki about how to cheat already. People could easily just edit character values and be done with it.
Nice to know that I preemptively ruined somebody's plan without even trying to.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #203 on: September 19, 2013, 06:55:58 AM »
Version 1.151 is out.
Signature

« Reply #204 on: September 19, 2013, 09:11:35 AM »
Version 1.151 is out.

Seems like they fixed the bug, but can't revert to the correct state if you abused the bug. Going to have to do it manually via cheat engine.:(
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 04:02:38 PM by ditt93 »

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #205 on: September 19, 2013, 03:12:05 PM »
http://pastebin.com/2RPkh7tA
Here are the achievements. It's still missing some texts that I haven't been able to translate. I've put *** for if they either don't have a translation or that I'm not sure about the translation. The lines are from 1.141

0085CBE8, 0085E6DC and 0085E6DC are references to Detonator Orgun, but since I haven't watch them, I may have missed some of their references for names and such.

Other than the references listed on the spreadsheet and this one ^, I haven't found any other, but that doesn't mean there aren't any other I could've missed.

About Engacho, it was translated to Warding Away Bad Luck in th125, Hina's title.
007E6F88: Warding Away Bad Luck
was Swiftly Crossing your Fingers
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 03:20:45 PM by kuilfrayt »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #206 on: September 20, 2013, 05:59:48 PM »
Forbidden Tablet has 4 lines of japanese description, but says nothing about what it does to your stats. (1.141) http://puu.sh/4vWob.jpg

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #207 on: September 20, 2013, 08:25:27 PM »
There's an item that I found early on one of the floors I think
Spoiler:
15F or 14F either one
has Japanese text for the item's name, but the description is in english.

Patch 1.141: This item.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #208 on: September 20, 2013, 10:07:18 PM »
Forbidden Tablet has 4 lines of japanese description, but says nothing about what it does to your stats. (1.141) http://puu.sh/4vWob.jpg
The wrong line should be
007F4098: MP+1 MAG +56% MND +26% MYS & SPI & DRK +40
the line right now is from the item Gekiken Rye Bread, but that item is okay, there's no need to change it

There's an item that I found early on one of the floors I think
Spoiler:
15F or 14F either one
has Japanese text for the item's name, but the description is in english.

Patch 1.141: This item.
I'm still looking for it in Widenyo, I want to make sure I have the right one (it's just a very long game)

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #209 on: September 20, 2013, 10:23:38 PM »
I'm still looking for it in Widenyo, I want to make sure I have the right one (it's just a very long game)
Ah, that makes sense, thanks kuli for letting me know, I'll make a mental note of it.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?