Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project  (Read 467006 times)

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
  • Apathy is a powerful mehtivator.
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project
« Reply #120 on: September 07, 2013, 10:46:55 AM »
Triple Machine Gods on everybody. That was my "mucking about with the saves" slot.

Just for comparison,
Spoiler:
Flandre
's ATK stat[/url].
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 10:52:11 AM by Wymar »

« Reply #121 on: September 07, 2013, 07:25:53 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?lltu9u80t6hel55

Updates transfiles with a quick exe.

PLEASE DO NOT MIX THESE NEW FILES WITH THE OLD ONES

If you are sending me translations that are NOT for the latest version, please clearly say so, so I can update them.

Additionally, there were a large number of lines that couldn't be carried over.
http://pastebin.com/yA63JVLt
This should be a complete list. It's mostly due to the changes in MP cost, fixing incorrect descriptions, etc. I think they'll be easy to find in the new stringdump. The lines will be completely missing from the respective file, so please reinsert them with the fixed translations.

Syntax of the file is just:
Japanese line from 1.130
Old translation
<blank>
<etc>

Also, please use "Money", not "Yen".

Finally, could I get translations for the new hard mode/NG+ stuff, and the menu option that was added in 1.130? Once I get that I'll put out a menu patch for people to use for the new version.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #122 on: September 07, 2013, 07:50:16 PM »
I would use "do not stack" instead of "do not overlap". Because the skills do overlap, in that they don't provide any extra effect if you have them more than once.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #123 on: September 07, 2013, 08:15:15 PM »
http://pastebin.com/fZwx7Cxt
Here's the correction for everything except the 2 items.
Mostly typos (熱 changed to 炎, Physical Attack to Direct Attack for Youmu and Kogasa, Flandre's spell cost less MP from other members), some skill changes (every skill that had EXP bonuses have been reduced, Yuyuko's Banquet of Regret and Sympathy conditions for procing, Screw this, Chen's Out of Here now works with Chen in the reserve party (that was always the case, the skill just said she had to be on the front line))

Also, please use "Money", not "Yen".
Woops, forgot to change them back. It'll be corrected for the next achievement txt I send.

0095BE88: The Ability to Create Heaven
was Earth
0095C9B8: The Ability to Create Earth
was Heaven

http://pastebin.com/Y9v8DPvr
Contains the new menu stuff, the info for the option menu, and the dialogues when starting a new game for Hard Mode and NG+. I've left the japanese text for the hard mode stuff I wasn't sure of, so you guys can correct it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 08:46:26 PM by kuilfrayt »
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

« Reply #124 on: September 07, 2013, 08:46:21 PM »
Something broke:

Leftover dialogue

The affected lines are 007FEE00 and 007FEDB4 on Dialogue.txt

EDIT: I have a question. Shouldn't the physical type of damage be PHY instead of PHYS? It's a bit weird to see all other damage types with three letters and that one with four.

EDIT2:

http://pastebin.com/Y9v8DPvr
Contains the new menu stuff, the info for the option menu, and the dialogues when starting a new game for Hard Mode and NG+. I've left the japanese text for the hard mode stuff I wasn't sure of, so you guys can correct it.

Here are my suggestions.

007FCC08: You have completed Hard Mode by defeating the last boss, the difficulty is cancelled.

007FCC90: the restrictions of this mode will be cancelled.
007FCCF4: Also, when playing on Hard Mode and defeating the last boss,
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 09:12:40 PM by Ghildrean »

« Reply #125 on: September 07, 2013, 10:41:40 PM »
http://pastebin.com/fZwx7Cxt
Here's the correction for everything except the 2 items.

Got em, thanks.

Something broke:

Leftover dialogue

Whoops. I changed words around for wordwrapping and forgot to fix the spacing. Got it now.

EDIT: I have a question. Shouldn't the physical type of damage be PHY instead of PHYS? It's a bit weird to see all other damage types with three letters and that one with four.

Possibly. It probably should be 3 letters like all of the others, yeah.

Here are my suggestions.

007FCC08: You have completed Hard Mode by defeating the last boss, the difficulty is cancelled.

007FCC90: the restrictions of this mode will be cancelled.
007FCCF4: Also, when playing on Hard Mode and defeating the last boss,

"Achieved" is definitely odd. Is it actually the same word used for stuff like achievements? Personally, I'd like to use "cleared"

Perhaps "Also, when playing on Hard Mode, these restrictions will be cancelled after defeating the last boss" for the last two.
"Hard Mode" probably shouldn't be capitalized, though.
I don't know how this text shows up in game, but "when playing on hard mode" seems really redundant. I'm assuming it's something like:

Since ver1.140, you can now start a game on Hard Mode difficulty.

The differences from a normal game is that, at the Magic Library,
you cannot raise a character's parameter higher than its Lvl * 1.2, and your party's average
level cannot be higher than that of a boss you are fighting.

Also, on Hard Mode, once you've defeated the last boss,
the restrictions for the difficulties will be removed.

Do you want to start the game in Hard Mode?

Is this accurate? If so then that "also, on hard mode" is just really redundant.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #126 on: September 07, 2013, 11:28:47 PM »
That's the whole string in jap

007FCC08: ラストボスを撃破する事でハードモード達成となり、ハードモードが解除されます。

007FCC64: ハードモードでゲームを開始しますか?
007FCC90: ラストボスを撃破する事でハードモード攻略達成となり、ハードモードが解除されます。
007FCCF4: また、ハードモードでプレイを開始した場合、

007FCD28: ボス戦に突入できない」という点のみが通常プレイと異なります。
007FCD74: 「パーティ最大Lvが、表示されるボス戦推奨レベルを超えている場合
007FCDC0: ハードモードは、「 ( Lv*1.2 )以上にステータスLvを強化する事ができない」
007FCE18: ver1.140以降では、難易度をハードモードに設定しゲームを開始する事が可能です。

Perhaps "Also, when playing on Hard Mode, these restrictions will be cancelled after defeating the last boss" for the last two.
"Hard Mode" probably shouldn't be capitalized, though.
I don't know how this text shows up in game, but "when playing on hard mode" seems really redundant. I'm assuming it's something like:

Is this accurate? If so then that "also, on hard mode" is just really redundant.
007FCCF4: また、ハードモードでプレイを開始した場合、
007FCC90: ラストボスを撃破する事でハードモード攻略達成となり、ハードモードが解除されます。
Without changing the way it's written: "In addition, when playing on Hard Mode,
by defeating the last boss and achieving a Hard Mode playthrough, Hard Mode will be canceled"

They use a lot of the Hard Mode term, but that's just how japanese work, we substitute it, but saying it again sometimes will make it fit better and easier to understand.

"Achieved" is definitely odd. Is it actually the same word used for stuff like achievements? Personally, I'd like to use "cleared"
The term used there is 達成, which means achievement (as in achieving something) while the term in Keine's School is 実績, which also means achievements (as in results, performance, xx experience)
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2013, 12:39:55 AM »
Oay, I'm being told by other translators that that string doesn't refer to the hard mode restrictions being cancelled, but rather hard mode being unlocked.

Translation I was given was "You've beaten the last boss and achieved hard mode. Hard mode has been unlocked."

with the addtiional note "it's supposed to be more like 'because you achieved hard mode, hard mode is unlocked'"

Can someone beat the final boss in normal mode to unlock hard mode and screenshot any new screens that show up?

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #128 on: September 08, 2013, 12:51:43 AM »
That's strange, cause I tried starting a new game with no save files (so something completely new without having beaten the last boss) and I still had the same message at the start of a New Game. I also didn't see anything when beating the last boss on normal, at least not in a game started in a previous patch

0096523A: Fighting Spirit reduces damage taken and increases damage dealt by (Fighting Spirit Level*5)%.
was Fighting Spirit reduces damage and the chance of being affected by an abnormal status by (Fighting Spirit Level*5)%.

007E2DB0: Iyashikei
was Soothing Voice (leaving it as the japanese one from reading a suggestion on the wiki, kinda like the same as Youmu's Meikyoushisui)

009661C3: The effect does not stack if 2 or more enemies are defeated at the same time.
was The MP recovery does not take effect if 2 or more enemies are defeated at the same time.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 01:15:02 AM by kuilfrayt »

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2013, 01:16:58 AM »
You sure you don't want me to do anythin yet? Because that editor of yours is really taking his time. :munch:
Spoiler:
I won't use Comic Sans. I promise

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #130 on: September 08, 2013, 01:30:36 AM »
That's strange, cause I tried starting a new game with no save files (so something completely new without having beaten the last boss) and I still had the same message at the start of a New Game. I also didn't see anything when beating the last boss on normal, at least not in a game started in a previous patch
Just adding in that I also didn't see anything new when I beat the last boss in the latest patch (1.141).

Edit:
Hands-on Experience and Motivated Heart still have Japanese in the description
Spoiler:
Byakuren's Skandas Legs, Sutra Scroll - Duplicating Chant and Star Sword Apologetics still have Japanese text
Nitori's Super Scope 3D still has Japanese text in the description
Spoiler:
Sanae's first spell name is still in Japanese
Parsee's Large Box and Small Box still has Japanese text in the description
Mokou's Fujiyama Volcano still has Japanese text in the description
All of Kogasa's spells have Japanese in the description
All of Youmu's spells except her first (Present Life Slash) have Japanese in the description
Rin's Blazing Wheel still has Japanese text in the description
Spoiler:
Flandre's Laveatein and Forbidden Fruit have Japanese in the description
Spoiler:
Yuyuko's Banquet of Regret and Sympathy has Japanese in the description and Yuyuko's Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana spell name is still in Japanese
Spoiler:
Yuuka's Beauty of Nature has Japanese in the description

Spoiler:
Alice's spells all state that they're Magic attacks but Artful Sacrifice and Little Legion both target enemy Defense. As a comparison, Byakuren's Star Sword Apologetics is a composite attack yet it only targets enemy Mind and is thus aptly described.
I don't know what would be the best way to fix this but I just thought it was worth the mention.[/s]
Derp her spell description already addresses this.

Took a quick look at all the skill text. I may have missed a couple but I think I went through them all. Some of these might just be that you guys haven't translated yet but some of them are just the MP cost and attack type left in Japanese.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:09:00 AM by jaxter0987 »

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #131 on: September 08, 2013, 01:40:14 AM »
Neither did I. Maybe it's because we had already beaten the final boss? But that can't be right. I do believe they said that to unlock it we will need to defeat the last boss again... And when I defeated him I got nothing but I could choose hard mode...

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #132 on: September 08, 2013, 02:13:45 AM »
Just adding in that I also didn't see anything new when I beat the last boss in the latest patch (1.41).

Edit:
Hands-on Experience and Motivated Heart still have Japanese in the description
Spoiler:
Byakuren's Skandas Legs, Sutra Scroll - Duplicating Chant and Star Sword Apologetics still have Japanese text
Nitori's Super Scope 3D still has Japanese text in the description
Spoiler:
Sanae's first spell name is still in Japanese
Parsee's Large Box and Small Box still has Japanese text in the description
Mokou's Fujiyama Volcano still has Japanese text in the description
All of Kogasa's spells have Japanese in the description
All of Youmu's spells except her first (Present Life Slash) have Japanese in the description
Rin's Blazing Wheel still has Japanese text in the description
Spoiler:
Flandre's Laveatein and Forbidden Fruit have Japanese in the description
Spoiler:
Yuyuko's Banquet of Regret and Sympathy has Japanese in the description and Yuyuko's Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana spell name is still in Japanese
Spoiler:
Yuuka's Beauty of Nature has Japanese in the description

Took a quick look at all the skill text. I may have missed a couple but I think I went through them all. Some of these might just be that you guys haven't translated yet but some of them are just the MP cost and attack type left in Japanese.
Everything here is because they changed the description in this patch, which means our translation didn't carry over. It's corrected in the pastebin I've posted earlier.

« Reply #133 on: September 08, 2013, 02:19:48 AM »
Okay, from my testing, hard mode is indeed available at the start. And everyone else is saying that beating the final boss didn't mention hard mode.

I trust both guys, but they're not playing the game, so they're kinda limited here.

I think I'll just leave it as-is.

You sure you don't want me to do anythin yet? Because that editor of yours is really taking his time. :munch:
Spoiler:
I won't use Comic Sans. I promise

It wasn't just the comic sans. Although that is a big part of it.

The images have to be cleaned.

Have to.

I haven't heard anything back from the other guy, but it hasn't even been a week yet.

jaxter0987

« Reply #134 on: September 08, 2013, 02:21:10 AM »
Everything here is because they changed the description in this patch, which means our translation didn't carry over. It's corrected in the pastebin I've posted earlier.
Ah that makes sense.

I should do some more poking around to find if there's more, but Divine Barrier is still translated as Rugged Horns of the Strong.

« Reply #135 on: September 08, 2013, 02:26:02 AM »
Ah that makes sense.

I should do some more poking around to find if there's more, but Divine Barrier is still translated as Rugged Horns of the Strong.

Fixed.

Any more like that? The items are probably still a mess, so it wouldn't surprise me.

jaxter0987

« Reply #136 on: September 08, 2013, 03:39:30 AM »
Can't seem to find anymore, but then again, I don't have all the equips so there's a couple I can't check.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #137 on: September 08, 2013, 08:11:04 AM »
Put this into an existing save folder, that should make every item show up.

Kiefmaster99

• Touhou Wiki editor
    • Touhou Wiki User Page
« Reply #138 on: September 08, 2013, 05:43:39 PM »
007E3888: Patchy's Philosopher's Stone

should be

007E3888: Passive Philosopher's Stone

(パッシブ賢者の石)

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #139 on: September 08, 2013, 08:33:37 PM »
Wymar, think you could do a file to have all the achievement unlocked?

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #140 on: September 08, 2013, 08:34:29 PM »
Unlocked as in visible or as in actually achieved?

Actually the latter implies the former so whatever. Knock yourself out.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 08:42:00 PM by Wymar »

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #141 on: September 08, 2013, 08:52:46 PM »
Thanks a bunch

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #142 on: September 08, 2013, 11:18:33 PM »
http://pastebin.com/22TLhYYz

Note that the above uses 1.130 addresses. Main-equips are mostly done (there's one Fallout item that throws a million unfamiliar words in a super long string of sentence that I'm still trying to tackle), as with some "hint" lines thrown in the end. I also have some parts of game script (that describe mechanics) mostly done; should be ready to go by late tonight.

EDIT: http://pastebin.com/kAFAJ8ge

Note that the above uses 1.130 addresses. Parts of the game script done. Will start working on sub-equip descriptions now.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 11:22:55 AM by RegalStar »

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #143 on: September 09, 2013, 11:37:30 AM »
A few typoes:
  • levelling > leveling
  • rackus > ruckus
  • book > books

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #144 on: September 09, 2013, 10:03:30 PM »
God they can have some of the most obscure and random references, I swear this is driving me crazy. I commend you guys who translated the first game and were able to keep those in-game jokes in, cause that is just so much work.

« Reply #145 on: September 09, 2013, 11:26:30 PM »
One line lost from each of the two pastebins.

城塞都市リルミガンをありとあらゆる脅威から護る奇跡の杖。
The miraculous staff that protects the city of Llylgamyn from any and all evil.

I think this became:
007F9B28: 城塞都市リルガミンをありとあらゆる脅威から護る奇跡の杖。

ふふふ、それはと僕の功績、と言ったところかな?@さ、思う存分感謝してくれていいよ。
Fufufu, that would be my work, don't you know? @Now, be sure to shower me with your thanks.

I think this became:
00803F28: ふふふ、それは僕の功績、と言ったところかな?@さ、思う存分感謝してくれていいよ。

Let me know if the translation needs to change any. Then I'll release the updated files. Calling the first file "hints.txt" since it looks more like that than equipment, and copying the second into dialogue.txt

God they can have some of the most obscure and random references, I swear this is driving me crazy. I commend you guys who translated the first game and were able to keep those in-game jokes in, cause that is just so much work.

Yeah, I know. Deranged did a great job with that, including the reference text file.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #146 on: September 09, 2013, 11:35:32 PM »
One line lost from each of the two pastebins.

城塞都市リルミガンをありとあらゆる脅威から護る奇跡の杖。
The miraculous staff that protects the city of Llylgamyn from any and all evil.

I think this became:
007F9B28: 城塞都市リルガミンをありとあらゆる脅威から護る奇跡の杖。

ふふふ、それはと僕の功績、と言ったところかな?@さ、思う存分感謝してくれていいよ。
Fufufu, that would be my work, don't you know? @Now, be sure to shower me with your thanks.

I think this became:
00803F28: ふふふ、それは僕の功績、と言ったところかな?@さ、思う存分感謝してくれていいよ。
They are just typo corrections, you should be able to keep the same translation

« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2013, 12:26:44 AM »
Translation conflict:

From the new file:
007FA3E8: Dark Will

Already in items.txt:
007FA3E8: Jet Black Will

Original:
007FA3E8: 漆黒の意志

SBR translation I've seen has "Dark Intention". Added that to the spreadsheet, along with the chapter and sample page.

From the new file:
007FB374: Eyetrack Orbitar

Items.txt:
007FB374: Satellite Homing Eye

Strdump:
007FB374: 衛星ホーミングアイ
Google says "Eyeback Orbitars". So does someone that played the game.

007FFD40: W-well, putting that aside. @From the looks of the village, it sure has lots of lodging facilities now.
007FFDC0: W-well, whatever you say. @From the looks of the village, there are a lot of lodging facilities aroud now.

Looks like a translation issue where a line got copied to another

007FFD40: そりゃあ、こんな分かり易い大異変が起こってるときに@わざわざ遠出したがる人は少ないでしょうね。@それで?
007FFDC0: ま?まぁ、その話はどうでも良くてだな。@里を見て回って気付いたんだが、今は宿泊施設がガラガラでね。

Could I get that fixed?

Haven't noticed any other serious issues. There's tons of formatting problems, but those can wait.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2013, 12:31:04 AM »
We'll also need to change 信じる心 which was translated as "Believing Mind", it's actually "Symbol of Faith", an item in Dragon Quest 4. I don't know the line for it though
短剣スカートメクリ, I put "Skirt-tearing Dagger", it's "Flipskirt Dagger", from Rance Quest
ひのきのぼう was "Cypress Bou", it's "Cypress Stick" from Dragon Quest
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 01:13:10 AM by kuilfrayt »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #149 on: September 10, 2013, 01:18:20 AM »
Translation conflict:

From the new file:
007FA3E8: Dark Will

Already in items.txt:
007FA3E8: Jet Black Will

Original:
007FA3E8: 漆黒の意志

SBR translation I've seen has "Dark Intention". Added that to the spreadsheet, along with the chapter and sample page.

From the new file:
007FB374: Eyetrack Orbitar

Items.txt:
007FB374: Satellite Homing Eye

Strdump:
007FB374: 衛星ホーミングアイ
Google says "Eyeback Orbitars". So does someone that played the game.

Hmm, well, I consulted TVTropes and Jojo wikia for that one, and they listed it as Dark Will.  It would be nice if someone who's familiar with that manga provide an example of how the most popular manga translation handles it, as we should adhere to that.

As for ET, yeah they're plural orbitars. I made a typo there.

007FFD40: W-well, putting that aside. @From the looks of the village, it sure has lots of lodging facilities now.
007FFDC0: W-well, whatever you say. @From the looks of the village, there are a lot of lodging facilities aroud now.

Looks like a translation issue where a line got copied to another

007FFD40: そりゃあ、こんな分かり易い大異変が起こってるときに@わざわざ遠出したがる人は少ないでしょうね。@それで?
007FFDC0: ま?まぁ、その話はどうでも良くてだな。@里を見て回って気付いたんだが、今は宿泊施設がガラガラでね。

Could I get that fixed?

Please change them to:

W-well, putting that aside. @From the looks of the village, the lodging facilities seem to not be getting any customers.
Well yeah, with this kind of obvious incident going on, @there wouldn't be anyone who'd be running around sightseeing. @Right?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 01:21:38 AM by RegalStar »