Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 277063 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #630 on: September 15, 2013, 07:13:52 PM »
Hi, I hope I'm not too late to have an LoT1 Question, but I had put it down for months and only recently picked it back up again since I learned about LoT2 being released.

Now, I just cleared Floor 7 and now on Floor 8. My concern is that I have not seen Nitori on Floor 8 in four deep runs, and according to my inventory, I have not defeated Nitori on Floor 7 (I don't have a Liquid Polymer, which is a certain drop from F7 Nitori). The thing is, I just ran Floor 7 about five or six times for grinding/getting all the switches/Treasure, and the event flag that Nitori is supposed to appear isn't there.

What I believe happened is that before my break from LoT1, I ran into Nitori and maybe ran from her instead of fighting? If that's possible, did I just completely screw up my chance of getting Nitori?

« Reply #631 on: September 15, 2013, 08:08:13 PM »
I distinctly recall having to run from her on floor 7 due to hitting her in really bad shape and getting some really unlucky targeting on her part.  It should not break your ability to continue her recruitment sequence. The event flag for her is on G2, the piece of map directly right of the horde of teleporters on the left side of the map.  It's also possible you've just been really unlucky and didn't encounter her in floor 7 after all those runs.  But no one is supposed to be forever blocked off from your recruitment- so rest assured, you've just missed something, not Sierra broken it forever.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #632 on: September 16, 2013, 12:45:40 AM »
I'm going through the various BP to events to revise BP requirements for things, but I can't get the events for 13F/14F
Spoiler:
Byakuren scrolls
to trigger with obscene amounts of BP on the listed characters.  So... does anyone have any suggestions for characters to try using?
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
  • Apathy is a powerful mehtivator.
« Reply #633 on: September 16, 2013, 12:53:22 AM »
I'unno, when I wrote that I really only checked those two, with every other character that I had out being... well, Komachi and Minoriko who were swimming in BP anyway.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #634 on: September 16, 2013, 01:53:53 AM »
For the Hina bossfight in Touhou Labyrinth 2; I was streaming it and surprised my viewers by figuring out how to beat her AI/gimmick :3 Done in Hard Mode

Spoiler:
You can't debuff her, because she turns them into buffs. You can't give her SIL, TRR, or HVY because she then removes it and gives herself a hefty helping of buffs. And eventually, she uses Biorhythm to debuff herself and your whole party massively, before reversing her debuffs into buffs to annihilate you.

So, when she uses Biorhythm, you inflict her with a status effect, and instead of using Misfortune Reversal to send herself into godmode, she Spins Faster then Usual to remove the status and dispels her debuffs with buffs at the same time. She'll end up with single digit buffs, instead of 30~40%+.

Conveniently, Parsee is both nigh-immune to her (given some MND gear/buffs and a Lucky Horseshoe) and has a move that very reliably inflicts TRR. You can practically just stall her to death with Wriggle Poison and Minoriko or Reimu buffing Parsee occasionally, if you -really- can't keep anyone else alive.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sahgren

« Reply #635 on: September 16, 2013, 02:48:48 AM »
Warning: Character spoiler image.
Synergy run completed! Screw tactics, I'm overleveled! Now to either hard-mode with different character restrictions, draft against someone, or walk away and play other games until 21F and 22F get added in.

I was originally going to give my impressions of the characters once I was finished, but 1.141 hit and rebalanced the game when I was on 12F.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #636 on: September 16, 2013, 03:27:42 AM »
Warning: Character spoiler image.
Synergy run completed! Screw tactics, I'm overleveled! Now to either hard-mode with different character restrictions, draft against someone, or walk away and play other games until 21F and 22F get added in.

I was originally going to give my impressions of the characters once I was finished, but 1.141 hit and rebalanced the game when I was on 12F.

I recommend taking the break until 21F and 22F, so you don't burn out on the game. Like I did.
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #637 on: September 16, 2013, 04:04:51 AM »
I'm going through the various BP to events to revise BP requirements for things, but I can't get the events for 13F/14F
Spoiler:
Byakuren scrolls
to trigger with obscene amounts of BP on the listed characters.  So... does anyone have any suggestions for characters to try using?

The Japanese wiki mentions that there might be a achievement requirement.
Signature

Murakumo

« Reply #638 on: September 16, 2013, 06:32:19 AM »
draft against someone
Let's do it if you still want

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #639 on: September 16, 2013, 12:01:23 PM »
How do you use Hina for the massive deeps? I've built her pure MND and even with Biorhythm setup against FOEs and the bosses on 6F, she doesn't deal more than 1k.

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #640 on: September 16, 2013, 12:26:34 PM »
Hina:  Misfortune Reversal, Role of Nagashi-bina lv2, build her for pure MAG.  That's really all she needs.  If you give her the Hexer subclass, then Hexer's Conversion is another lovely skill to pick up for her as it basically grants her +2 mp regen per turn thanks to Role of Nagashi-bina lv2...and it only gets stronger the more debuffed she is which, thanks to Misfortune Reversal, will mean she herself is stronger every turn she gets.

As for Pain Flow, its damage is based on how strong Hina's debuffs are (And it does remove Hina's current debuffs when used, keep that in mind). 
Spoiler:
Satori
could potentially be a good character to pair up with her if you want to get Hina debuffed quickly without wasting too many of her own turns to do it.

As for me...made it to the 18F relay point.  Managed to get enough achievements (72) to go and challenge
Spoiler:
Eiki
.  She was a complete and absolute joke of a fight, that is all.

Compare that to the 18F boss which I only tried to see what it was like.

I think the 18F boss gets the award for "Fastest game over screen seen ever", heh.  Will be doing some grinding here to play catch up with the level I should be for this boss.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Sahgren

« Reply #641 on: September 16, 2013, 03:03:19 PM »
Let's do it if you still want

Sorry, I think I'll follow Vicious' suggestion and stop playing for a while. Looking back, the synergy run was completed more by the completionist in me refusing to leave a run stranded at 13F than my drive to play the game. I certainly wouldn't be able to put in another 20-30 hours into the game without burning out completely.

« Reply #642 on: September 16, 2013, 03:37:16 PM »
just beat the final boss on Hard Mode, was easier than i thought... almost felt sorry for using
Spoiler:
Flandre and Yukari
in the starting formation.
After that i saved over all 3 of my Hard Mode save files and felt like an idiot afterwards because i realized Hard Mode got "canceled" after beating the last boss... this almost feels like as if i had deleted those files...
I hope this will not be the case when more Floors are added in later patches.

Sorry, I think I'll follow Vicious' suggestion and stop playing for a while. Looking back, the synergy run was completed more by the completionist in me refusing to leave a run stranded at 13F than my drive to play the game. I certainly wouldn't be able to put in another 20-30 hours into the game without burning out completely.

speaking of playtime how long have u guys been playing this game?

currently have 69 hours on my First playthrough and 41 on my Hard Mode

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #643 on: September 16, 2013, 03:56:59 PM »
Anyone have the partially translated image files to share?

I mean, I guess, honestly, I know what all this stuff is anyway, but it'd be nice
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #644 on: September 16, 2013, 04:40:48 PM »
Beaten
Spoiler:
Magatama of Amber Fangs
finally! 
Spoiler:
Sakuya and Suika were wrecking it's shit badly, with Sakuya managing to pop off 3 Lunar Clocks while Suika who was buffed thanks to her Missing power self buff while throwing Mount Atlas at it was funny. To make things awesome Sakuya got off 3 Killing Dolls which was enough for Suika to kill it with another mountain. The only thing it did after reducing my HP to 1 was Half moon slash and then decided to spam Earthquake, what?
Also Kasen was tanking like a boss.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 05:49:02 PM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Sahgren

« Reply #645 on: September 16, 2013, 06:09:22 PM »
Anyone have the partially translated image files to share?

I mean, I guess, honestly, I know what all this stuff is anyway, but it'd be nice

Do you mean the translation patch or just the images by themselves for editing? You can always find the latest translation patch in the first post of the translation thread. The images are either buried in there too or you'll probably have to bug Bane (or whomever is adding them into the patch) to give you what he's using.

My first playthrough clocked in at 36 hours and the Synergy went for 27.5 hours. I can't recall for the first playthrough, but for the Synergy the only times I really sat down to grind were when I was stuck with just Keine/Chen for the first 5 floors, right before
Spoiler:
Yukari
, and for the final boss.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #646 on: September 16, 2013, 06:59:45 PM »
Spoiler:
Byakuren scrolls

The Japanese wiki mentions that there might be a achievement requirement.

It was close.  The actual requirement was a certain number of item drops from battle, but not in any numbers that trigger achievements.

In case anyone's curious, these are the numbers I came up with for assorted BP requirements throughout the game.

Spoiler:
4F Chen 50
5F Chen 100
6F Chen 150
7F Chen 200
8F Chen 200

3F Minoriko 100

5F Wriggle 120

8F Minoriko 200
8F Utsuho 120

10F Minoriko 300
10F Nitori 150

13F Minoriko 400
13F Cirno 200

Patchouli 300
Meiling 300
Remilia 300
Sakuya 300
FOEs Defeated 30

Komachi 400

11F Nazrin 240

13F Nazrin 300
13F Item Drops 150

14F Nazrin 400
14F Nitori 200
14F Item Drops 200
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #647 on: September 16, 2013, 07:15:31 PM »
Whoops! Looks like I need to grind a bit before taking on
Spoiler:
Tenshi 12F I can barely dent her let alone I tend to buff alot, when I know I'm not supposed to be doing so... due to being a derp and I know full well not to debuff her DEF/MND, but I do it anyway because I R SMRT! Anyway time to grind up and weigh my options on how to tackle this problem.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #648 on: September 16, 2013, 08:53:01 PM »

66 Hours on my first playthrough, 23 hours on my synergy run. I've been taking it easy on the run since
Spoiler:
I don't want to grind for Yukari yet.

Whoops! Looks like I need to grind a bit before taking on
Spoiler:
Tenshi 12F I can barely dent her let alone I tend to buff alot, when I know I'm not supposed to be doing so... due to being a derp and I know full well not to debuff her DEF/MND, but I do it anyway because I R SMRT! Anyway time to grind up and weigh my options on how to tackle this problem.

Just slapping this here again: Link

Spoiler:
As you can see, I debuffed her like crazy with nearly no repercussions due to Violent Motherland (she didn't use it here but she's used it a few times when I kept fighting her again for her drops)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:10:05 PM by jaxter0987 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #649 on: September 16, 2013, 08:58:19 PM »
Do you mean the translation patch or just the images by themselves for editing? You can always find the latest translation patch in the first post of the translation thread. The images are either buried in there too or you'll probably have to bug Bane (or whomever is adding them into the patch) to give you what he's using.
patch version (so it'd be img2.dxa or whatnot)

I couldn't find them anywhere in the translation thread and already asked for them there with no response, figured I'd ask here since I know some people who've posted screenshots of their game have been using them.

Sahgren

« Reply #650 on: September 16, 2013, 09:45:32 PM »
Here's what I've been using in case you haven't gotten it from the translation thread already. It's a .exe, so just unzip it and throw it into the folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/99t12rwon6fs2na/THLabyrinth2_1141_early.rar

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #651 on: September 17, 2013, 01:33:56 AM »
Nah, I have the translation patch, I'm only asking about the images D: I thought this would be simpler because people have posted pictures of them using 'em ;_;

In other news, took down 6F boss (the one you're not expected to kill) without grinding, hooray! Lv25~ party. I had to retry several times to get good luck on who was targetted for death, but... now I get to feel accomplished, or something.

It took me like half an hour just to revert my party to something normal afterwords ;_; (And a tome of resurrection because my strategy had involved superpumping
Spoiler:
Yuugi
who I'm not planning on using again, despite how super cool she is)

« Reply #652 on: September 17, 2013, 02:08:39 AM »
Nah, I have the translation patch, I'm only asking about the images D: I thought this would be simpler because people have posted pictures of them using 'em ;_;

not sure if this is the thing you are looking for but here it is anyway

http://www.mediafire.com/?9o3vf5xeqoo9dt1

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #653 on: September 17, 2013, 02:13:21 AM »
not sure if this is the thing you are looking for but here it is anyway

http://www.mediafire.com/?9o3vf5xeqoo9dt1
YESSSSSSS THANK YOU :D

DA

• Some dude on the internet
« Reply #654 on: September 17, 2013, 04:40:17 AM »
Oh hey look 1.150 is out and you can see growth points and other little things like battle points and how much gems you used on that character.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #655 on: September 17, 2013, 05:49:07 AM »
It seems that, and this is only going off of running the page through Google Translate and trying to interpret what it says, in this patch they...
-Made it where you can level all your people to a specific level, i.e. level everyone to 100 instead of hitting level all and having to level down some of them (Level Unification)
-Character reset no longer resets Level Up Bonus points, and you can mess with the Level Up Bonus points at the shrine.
-Fixed the bug where the battle bonus didn't reset.
-More BP when the person is out at the end of the level
The rest I can't figure out what it means. Obviously, this could be completely wrong, I mean, Google Translate, and I'm going to mess around and see what I can confirm, but yeah, it's a start.

E: After some quick testing, the battle bonus bug fix is false, but the rest of them are true. You get 1 BP if you are in the party, another 1 if you are on the front line, and yet another 1 if you are on the front line at the end of the battle. Oh, and character reset still resets your Level Up Bonuses.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:08:07 AM by ViciousYukkuri »
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

« Reply #656 on: September 17, 2013, 07:08:07 AM »
Attack command is finally fixed for char with higher magic than attack, the text says magic attack and the damage type is mystic.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #657 on: September 17, 2013, 08:11:38 AM »
The menus related to Level-Up Bonuses have small bugs, so I expect a 1.151 patch within the next 24 hours.
Signature

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #658 on: September 17, 2013, 02:42:55 PM »
kinda assumed it woulda been checked by now, but is 21/22F accessible now yet? remember to check for new events on various floors, BP, ect
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #659 on: September 17, 2013, 08:52:51 PM »
The functionality and extra character stats info are a godsend in 1.150