Author Topic: Negative slowdown?  (Read 1138 times)

Negative slowdown?
« on: July 21, 2013, 08:55:33 PM »
So I was playing SA and when I cleared, I noticed something weird

somehow I got -1.$% for slowdown, but while playing the game it ran just fine, it didn't lag or went too fast (even the replay shows 60 fps throughout)

I looked into this and apparently this can also happen in UFO, though I don't know why, so I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
Re: Negative slowdown?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 06:52:52 AM »
It's happened to me before, no idea why though. It seems that if I opened SA or UFO too soon after logging in, the fps in the corner would always display 0.0 fps (even on the replay), the game would show 0.00s "actual time" for spells, and in the results/replay the slowdown would be -1.$%. It returned to normal if I closed the game and re-opened it.

It hasn't occurred to me in quite a while though. Perhaps it was only on my previous computer.

On a somewhat related note, if the game is running too fast, it still displays 0.0% slowdown. TD and DDC run at 60.6 fps for me sometimes, and the vsync patch can be used to force faster speeds.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 06:54:41 AM by Karisa »

Re: Negative slowdown?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 07:04:20 PM »
Hmm, maybe it's because there's too much stuff going on for the computer, every time it's happened to me it's been around the same time and I do have a lot of things (like antivirus analyses and other program updates) set to start working from 11 PM onwards

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB