Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition  (Read 229956 times)

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
Re: Touhou Rage Thread XVI: Last-Second Clipdeaths Edition
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2013, 06:24:01 PM »
Lost a PCB LNMNB run because apparently I didn't sidestep enough on Youmu's second nonspell. Fuck, this is the second time I've lost a run to this dumb nonspell.

chum

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2013, 07:05:46 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl8jt-69iHE&feature=youtu.be

Its shit like this that make me want to never touch anything Touhou related EVER AGAIN!

That's an odd way to look at it. To me, it seems like it was the first time you saw that spell, and surely you wouldn't make a mistake like that next time.

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2013, 07:29:40 PM »

Its shit like this that make me want to never touch anything Touhou related EVER AGAIN!
I'm sad because I thought your final death would be to the circle again... ha ha... sorry.

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2013, 06:43:42 AM »
Today was not a good UFO day.
2 fails at Nue, both of them losing two lives to Danmaku Chimera (no, I don't know why I did so bad at it).
Then after a good break, I decided to try a MarisaA normal 1cc. I get all the way to the last phase of "Flying Fantastica" and game over. I knew I wasn't going to win because I had lost two lives during the stage like a moron, but I had some hope cause I went into the fight with 3 lives 4 bombs. I really need to practice that whole fight. I am horrid at it.
Also, Murasa seems to like clipdeathing me on her non-spells today.

Had some MoF Hard mode failure as well. Game over'd to Kanako, but I didn't get too far on her so I'm not as bummed about that. Main problem with MoF for me right now is Stage 4. Keep losing all/most of my spare lives there and have none for the rest of the game.

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2013, 06:59:24 AM »
I just spent half an hour trying to get a good run of the stage portion of PCB Extra. The one time I actually got a good stage run, I ragequit at Ran because I died twice to Princess Tenko, among other derp.

On a related note, I don't like Chen as much now.

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2013, 10:01:27 AM »
My favorite UFO playthroughs to rage at are when I haven't died and I'm on stage 4, but my UFO routing was absolutely abysmal.
Like, oh grab a red guy--that was green, crap. Oh, there's a red one! Oh wait, I should've grabbed green to continue the chain... ah, whatever, I'll make a rainbow UF...O LOOK THE MIDBOSS CAME AND MADE THE UFO LEAVE yay me

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2013, 01:31:48 PM »
Thought I finally was going to get a lunatic 1CC. Got to Kaguya's last spellcard with 1 life and 2 bombs. Then proceed to ram into a ball (death bomb), screw up my positioning after the bomb and quickly die. Followed by another death bomb when I was trying to purposely bomb. Bomb, and then died with Kaguya at 25%....
Normal 1CC's - EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK
Hard 1CC's - EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
Lunatic 1CC's - PCB, IN, PoFV
Extra Clears - EoSD (+Ultra), PCB (+Phantasm), IN (+Ultra), PoFV, MoF, DDC
Youtube

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2013, 05:23:02 PM »
Thought I finally was going to get a lunatic 1CC. Got to Kaguya's last spellcard with 1 life and 2 bombs. Then proceed to ram into a ball (death bomb), screw up my positioning after the bomb and quickly die. Followed by another death bomb when I was trying to purposely bomb. Bomb, and then died with Kaguya at 25%....

If you're going for a Lunatic 1cc, take the Eirin route, she's MUCH easier. Yeah, it's technically not the real ending, but the definition of a 1cc is to clear a game without continuing, but that's just me.

I suppose, if you don't feel satisfied with calling 6A a 1cc, then good luck, Kaguya might possibly be the final boss with the most dense patterns.

If you think 25% and having to use a continue is bad, try dying to Astronomical Entombing with Eirin on her last TWO PIXELS OF HEALTH. I'm not trying to overshadow you, I'm just saying: It's happened to me, and the longer you play Touhou, the more likely it'll end up happening to you.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2013, 06:02:28 PM »
Is Eirin really that much easier? I can't dodge Omoikane's Brain or Apollo 13 or even Astronomical Entombing reliably. Plus in Final A you have to deal with Earth in a Pot. At the same time, the YELLOW BALLS method for Hourai Jewel works somewhat reliably. I'd personally go for Final B just to see good end.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2013, 07:53:24 PM »
So many hours trying to score DDC since last night, and I can count the number of times I made it past Stage 1 on one hand. Just when I think I've figured something out, the game finds a new way to screw me over.

Now I remember why I was able to stop playing Touhou so easily last year. None of this truly feels fun anymore.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2013, 08:40:53 PM »

50 second mark and 30 second mark are what to remember for this spellcard.

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2013, 08:52:43 PM »
50 second mark and 30 second mark are what to remember for this spellcard.
Not even that. Just know that the outer layer isn't safe after a while into the first / second phases.

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2013, 12:18:53 AM »
If you're going for a Lunatic 1cc, take the Eirin route, she's MUCH easier. Yeah, it's technically not the real ending, but the definition of a 1cc is to clear a game without continuing, but that's just me.

I suppose, if you don't feel satisfied with calling 6A a 1cc, then good luck, Kaguya might possibly be the final boss with the most dense patterns.

If you think 25% and having to use a continue is bad, try dying to Astronomical Entombing with Eirin on her last TWO PIXELS OF HEALTH. I'm not trying to overshadow you, I'm just saying: It's happened to me, and the longer you play Touhou, the more likely it'll end up happening to you.

Heh, actually, I find Eirin a lot harder than I do Kaguya. I fail "astronomically" on pretty much all of her spells, even on normal (granted that might just be because I rarely ever do 6A, but the spell practice records don't look pretty). Granted, now I might have to do it, now that I got 6B done.
Youtube

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2013, 08:25:48 PM »
FFS Died to Remilia's opener during a stream and quit out of lack of hope for the run (Three bombs to survive Remilia? No thank you!)

Must really be doing its job of lowering your motivation, then :3

Enjoy.

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2013, 11:46:22 PM »
Heh, actually, I find Eirin a lot harder than I do Kaguya. I fail "astronomically" on pretty much all of her spells, even on normal (granted that might just be because I rarely ever do 6A, but the spell practice records don't look pretty). Granted, now I might have to do it, now that I got 6B done.
I feel like Eirin has more trick cards compared to Kaguya. Shit like Apollo 13--you don't even notice how bad it is at first because you just bomb it once per playthrough and you're good, but then the game's like, "You want this last word? Beat 138." Well that might take a bit because I suck but I'll get there--what the... I-is this a wall of bullets? How can I possibly get through this consistently? *60 tries later* oh my god I broke through, what a relief *next wave comes* just kill me

Luckily for my still-aneurysm-free brain, I found out it was a trick card before trying the Lunatic version.

Burcaresti

• Doll Judgement
  • Your Judgement Day has come at last!
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2013, 11:10:07 PM »
I was going perfectly well on my Normal TD playthrough, had three lives, hadn't lost a life yet, and was cruising my way through Stage 4.
And then Seiga appeared.
Those stupid homing danmaku. They will be the end of me. Now I know how every youkai that has fought Reimu feels.

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2013, 02:23:48 AM »
So, I had just installed the vpatch for EoSD and decided to give it a go, chose to play Lunatic, which I have never done.

I was doing surprisingly well (for a first try at Lunatic), I messed up a bit on stage 3, but just out of nowhere I perfect Mei Ling. Then stage 4, everything goes reasonably well, since I had no bombs I died to the books, no big deal, then pulled off 2 deathbombs (that's kind of something in EoSD, you know), captured every Patchy spell save for Trilithon Shake and died to her second non, but whatever. Died not very far into stage 5 because I didn't want to safespot at the top, I get to Sakuya with 5 lives and two bombs, pretty good setup right? Anyway, as i was fighting Sakuya I thought "wow, I might just actually do this", and just like that I get pulled out of the game because the antivirus doesn't like the vpatch, and well...

EoSD kinda crashes when I get back into the game.  :colonveeplusalpha:

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2013, 04:25:19 AM »
So, since Gathering Void -Rainbow- was the only thing in Sanae's version of MB Extra that I'd yet to cap, and in theory it's doable enough...let's attempt a perfect Sanae MB Extra!

I did pretty well for a trial run, capping most stuff, but then out of nowhere, I find out that the latest version of MB completely changes the last phase of the first survival. You know, that really cool pure dodging last phase? That part that's the only thing good about the card? That part that was one of the best segments of the whole stage? Gone. Replaced with more bullshit, in line with the rest of that horribad card. SEETHE.

The fact that I actually did capture Rainbow did little to ease my frustration especially since it was sheer dumb luck. Now I need to memorize more crap if I want to perfect that stage. Seriously, nekofla, what the bloody hell?

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2013, 02:12:05 PM »
So, I had just installed the vpatch for EoSD and decided to give it a go, chose to play Lunatic, which I have never done.

I was doing surprisingly well (for a first try at Lunatic), I messed up a bit on stage 3, but just out of nowhere I perfect Mei Ling. Then stage 4, everything goes reasonably well, since I had no bombs I died to the books, no big deal, then pulled off 2 deathbombs (that's kind of something in EoSD, you know), captured every Patchy spell save for Trilithon Shake and died to her second non, but whatever. Died not very far into stage 5 because I didn't want to safespot at the top, I get to Sakuya with 5 lives and two bombs, pretty good setup right? Anyway, as i was fighting Sakuya I thought "wow, I might just actually do this", and just like that I get pulled out of the game because the antivirus doesn't like the vpatch, and well...

EoSD kinda crashes when I get back into the game.  :colonveeplusalpha:

Ouch, but yeah, whenever you tab out/minimize EoSD with the vpatch, it will always crash.
Youtube

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2013, 03:09:11 PM »
Bah, 4 miss no bomb DDC Lunatic trial.

I really just chalk this up to shit happens, learn to non-spells, dodge harder faggot, that sort of things but I'm still very disappointed in having 4 deaths happen within like 1 minute beginning with Kagerou's 2nd spell and ending with the defeat of the boss. I had a NMNB run up until Kagerou's 2nd spell at which point I just lost it and started dying a lot. And I think it really fucking sucks.  :(

« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2013, 04:27:29 PM »
Had a No Miss, 2 Bomb EoSD extra run run going until I got to And Then There Were None. Somehow got clipped by the last red wave. Then on QED, I had to bomb with about 25% left, then for some stupid reason I was like "Oh hey, let me run through this wave really quick while I'm still invulnerable." Yeah... that didn't work obviously.
Youtube

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2013, 06:14:01 PM »
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2013, 06:51:27 PM »
Ouch, but yeah, whenever you tab out/minimize EoSD with the vpatch, it will always crash.

Actually that's wrong. What causes the guaranteed tab in/out crash is the hitbox patch, not vpatch.

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2013, 09:54:47 PM »
Actually that's wrong. What causes the guaranteed tab in/out crash is the hitbox patch, not vpatch.

really? thanks for the info, I thought it was because of the AV itself, not because it forced the tab out.

guess I'll have to remove the patch and play like I'm supposed to :V

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2013, 10:17:23 PM »
really? thanks for the info, I thought it was because of the AV itself, not because it forced the tab out.

guess I'll have to remove the patch and play like I'm supposed to :V

Yeah, apparently EoSD doesn't take the DLL injection as nicely as IN does (for the half-ghost transparency). You can fully avoid the freeze if you play in window mode. Vpatch lets you choose the window dimensions in its INI file, but you'd have to deal with bad quality graphics (EoSD's are already beyond bad without Emarrel's retexture patch), and possibly readapting yourself to it.

Alternatively the retexture patch comes with sprites that have the hitbox drawn in them, but they're kinda inaccurate since the hitbox in EoSD isn't always centered unlike the newer games, as you might've noticed from the shift-only hitbox patch.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 10:20:51 PM by Wriggle »

Zil

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2013, 01:07:08 AM »

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2013, 05:08:25 PM »
Seriously, what in the name of the moon is wrong with Reisen's bullets? One time it covers half of my hitbox and I survive, and another I just barely brush it and pichuu~n! IN is too dependent on luck/some other obscure factor for its own good.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2013, 06:22:11 PM »
Seriously, what in the name of the moon is wrong with Reisen's bullets? One time it covers half of my hitbox and I survive, and another I just barely brush it and pichuu~n! IN is too dependent on luck/some other obscure factor for its own good.

Every other irregular bullet in Touhou does that. It's because the hitbox is a different shape than the bullet's general shape, such as Koishi's heart bullets having a circular hitbox.

Enjoy.

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2013, 06:52:35 PM »
Whoa. Do I want to know what happened?
Dunno.  I went ahead and uploaded it, though, because it is a 1cc.

Youtube.  Words in description.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2013, 06:57:52 PM »
Yes.  This is Makai.

:colonveeplusalpha: