Author Topic: [Minecraft] [1.8.x] MotK Minecraft Server - WORLD BACKUPS AVAILABLE!  (Read 194575 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: [Minecraft] [1.6.2] MotK Minecraft Server - more Trade Fortress too!
« Reply #210 on: August 30, 2013, 05:10:27 PM »
We interrupt this silence for the following official announcement!

Well thanks Mojang! New world for 1.7 is a possibility after all!
Spoiler:
disregarding using total conversion packs eg. Tekkit
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #211 on: August 31, 2013, 09:51:29 PM »
Yeah, that's one reason why we started doing adventure worlds. There was no telling when or how often Mojang would tweak the biome generation code. It surely beats hours of schematic importing and placement. Not to mention that people wouldn't have to "start over" every few months.

Any news on which biomes would be introduced?

« Reply #212 on: August 31, 2013, 11:20:21 PM »
Let's see. There's been a few things mojang has been working on since I've looked. GW2's living story updates have been keeping me away from minecraft.

Mesa - Dead Bush, Hardened Clay, 6 colors of Stained Clay http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/File:Ridgebiome.jpg

Black Forest - Spruce Trees, Podzol, Ferns, Moss Stone, Mushrooms, Dirt http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/File:RedwoodBiome_Enhanced.jpg

Cliff - Stone, Dirt http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/File:CliffBiome.jpg

This update sounds a bit more exciting than the "horse update"

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Upcoming_features
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 11:24:34 PM by Dlanor A. Knox »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #213 on: September 02, 2013, 01:01:31 AM »
Yeah, that's one reason why we started doing adventure worlds. There was no telling when or how often Mojang would tweak the biome generation code. It surely beats hours of schematic importing and placement. Not to mention that people wouldn't have to "start over" every few months.
Indeed, plus it's good for obtaining resources.

The incoming biome code does give me an interesting idea, though. Might be able to do something about that stupidly large northern ocean via WE
Spoiler:
and Strafe the server too
....:V

This update sounds a bit more exciting than the "horse update"
Sure looks like it!
Bad command or file name

« Reply #214 on: September 02, 2013, 11:08:49 PM »
Back when Jungles were being introduced, I entertained the idea of copy/pasting a large section of it into the main world at the time. WorldEdit schematics are always cuboid in shape, so it would have needed a healthy dose of smoothing out the edges to make it look right. The only problem is that it wouldn't have changed the biome into a real jungle, meaning ocelots wouldn't spawn, etc.

In the end, laziness prevailed :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #215 on: September 03, 2013, 02:15:03 AM »
Hehe, not big surprise. :V

Could use something like WeatherMan to change biome settings on the fly, if needed. For terrain, WE schematics seem to be the most practical approach, alas, and terraforming would still be needed.

Made a minor update to server concerning plugins and custom recipes. Namely, the batch wool recipes work again (a plugin update broke them for who knows how long now), and a new custom recipe is added:
[attach=1]
Should give another use for the stacks of flesh some of us have. :V
Bad command or file name

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #216 on: September 03, 2013, 11:38:02 AM »
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/854677-162touhou-alices-doll-mod/
PUT THIS MOD INTO THE SERVER AND I'LL START PLAYING MINECRAFT AGAIN

pleaseee

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #217 on: September 03, 2013, 03:43:43 PM »
An interesting mod, all right.

While I am considering the possibility of using select Forge mods in the future, as it stands now I will not implement them.
Bad command or file name

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #218 on: September 03, 2013, 09:02:55 PM »
What is a forge mod exactly?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #219 on: September 03, 2013, 09:45:30 PM »
Forge is a mod API used by many popular content-expanding MC mods as a base. It additionally can be installed on servers to allow multiplayer with mods, provided clients have them installed too.

The mod you linked requires Forge as a dependency, so I've put it under that category.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #220 on: September 05, 2013, 05:13:30 AM »
Dinnerbone says the next snapshot won't have the terrain updates.

Puffer fish might be used for water breathing potions.

« Reply #221 on: September 05, 2013, 01:11:30 PM »
[terrain intensifies]

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #222 on: September 05, 2013, 01:27:06 PM »
Whoa dang those Alice dolls are cool. I generally don't bother with mods but that's one I'd be willing to install if not only because I want little digbot and carrier familiars followin' me around :>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #223 on: September 05, 2013, 04:19:33 PM »
Interesting changes and flip-flop of terrain code for the snapshot.

Played around with the Alice mod on my system and a local test server - and I do agree they are cool. Glad to see support for it.

The single major problem I have with it, however, is that it has compatibility issues with NotEnoughItems (NEI), at least on my system. NEI can easily look up recipes for any stock or custom item, thus reducing the need to browse the MC wiki and several other far-flung websites at the same time.
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #224 on: September 13, 2013, 06:15:40 PM »
Braces yourselves, 1.7 is coming!
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #225 on: September 13, 2013, 06:43:37 PM »
This would make for a great warping ship design.

now let's be able to spawn NASAGhasts if these mega-size ones are in the end >:D

EDIT: snapshot and -wait what?!
There is a known issue with world structures...not transitioning to 1.7 from 1.6, but we will be bringing out a 1.6.3 shortly to fix this.
Interim updates might be in order....
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 02:39:56 AM by Aya SyaMEEMaru »
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #226 on: September 20, 2013, 08:19:14 AM »
1.6.4 is officially out. (they skipped 1.6.3, apparently the difference between the two is very "minor") Now I assume we wait for our plugins to update.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #227 on: September 20, 2013, 11:20:14 AM »
All right, I'll take a look at this.

Least this time with the new launcher playing older versions is simple. :D
Bad command or file name

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Re: [Minecraft] [1.6.4] MotK Minecraft Server - Updated now, more later?
« Reply #228 on: September 21, 2013, 09:06:29 AM »
Double post for update:

Server is updated to 1.6.4 pretty quickly as it is a minor update, but I'm not 100% sure of compatibility.

In preparation for 1.7, make sure to visit any natural structures (villages, witch huts, pyramids, etc.) so that they'll be reflected in the world file.

Should not be surprising, but I've lately been considering whether to utilise a selection of Forge mods for 1.7 and onwards, in order to greatly broaden the possibilities of the game and encourage more players. I don't want it to go so far as to significantly alter the game mechanics (so nothing like BuildCraft or IC2). Clients will need to install Forge to run these mods. I'll probably provide a modpack with mods whose permissions allow for modpack inclusion, with the rest being manual downloads.

Mod list with links that I'd like to implement:
  • Biomes O' Plenty (lots of new biomes and blocks - chosen over ExtraBiomesXL since default-style worlds can still be made)
  • Baikon's Weaponmod (more weps, why not)
  • ComputerCraft (adds fully programmable computers, taking tech-oriented players beyond redstone)
  • DungeonPack (new dungeon types and better rewards - only server needs it installed)
  • CraftGuide (a handy in-game item to list all stock and mod recipes)
  • UsefulFood (more food items)
  • Jammy Furniture Mod (furniture, finally)
  • Alice Doll Mod (by popular demand! Also unclear about permissions)

Alternatively, full mod packs eg. Tekkit Lite or FTB can be used - and these are easier to install and get playing, but since these use 1.4.7 or 1.5.2 code we'd have to start over entirely to prevent any conflicts; furthermore some of the mods lack current versions.

Ideally this would be up on another server (to preserve the vanilla-esque experience and reduce conflicts), but my finances don't allow that unless we instead run two lower-power servers. That may be an option I'd consider due to the rather low player turnout making the server hardware seem more powerful than needed. Conversely, the separate servers could mean additional content.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 09:29:37 AM by Aya SyaMEEMaru »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #229 on: September 24, 2013, 12:55:05 AM »
So has it been decided on what happens with our current map as we move into 1.7? I don't think we'll be seeing it for a while.

Anyways mods.

Biomes O' Plenty - I like the biome part of this mod, but it looks like a lot of the stuff in 1.7 might make the items redundant in this mod.
Baikon's Weaponmod - Looks alright. Cannons are something I've wanted. Muskets look alright. I know a lot of people don't like guns in mc (me included) but long as its not call of duty it's fine by me.
Jammy Furniture Mod - I want everything in this mod. I'm crap at decorating insides since I build small rooms.
UsefulFood - Would give me a lot of things to put in my market space.
CraftGuide - Useful don't see any reason not to have it if so many mods are added in.
DungeonPack-  Looks pretty big. I hope it doesn't clash with biomes much.
ComputerCraft - Haven't looked at this one much, but there are places where I would like to put computers.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #230 on: September 24, 2013, 02:24:38 AM »
So has it been decided on what happens with our current map as we move into 1.7? I don't think we'll be seeing it for a while.
It'll still be on and about, but I'm certainly not decided on whether to keep it as a main world or demote it as a legacy place like the 1.0-1.1 worlds. Either way player inventories will be kept the same (ie. no separate inventory system like with 1.0-1.1 worlds).

Biomes O' Plenty - I like the biome part of this mod, but it looks like a lot of the stuff in 1.7 might make the items redundant in this mod.
1.7 does add things to the table too, but certainly nowhere near the amounts of stuff this mod presents. :P

...I know a lot of people don't like guns in mc (me included) but long as its not call of duty it's fine by me.
Personally I'm fine with muskets, blunderbusses, and classic revolvers in my MC (which this mod covers), but WWII stuff and later definitely is too out-of-place.

DungeonPack-  Looks pretty big. I hope it doesn't clash with biomes much.
From my testing it seemed to be pretty friendly with both vanilla and Biomes O Plenty worlds, but yeah, the more extreme designs may cause silly generation.

Forgot to mention, if there are any mods you'd like to see implemented suggest them.

Unrelated missed 1.6.4 update note - chopping the base of trees with a Gold Axe will cause the entire tree to fall. Lumberjacking just got a whole lot easier and pricier.
Bad command or file name

strangedudemeh

« Reply #231 on: October 06, 2013, 09:18:40 PM »
Should not be surprising, but I've lately been considering whether to utilise a selection of Forge mods for 1.7 and onwards, in order to greatly broaden the possibilities of the game and encourage more players. I don't want it to go so far as to significantly alter the game mechanics (so nothing like BuildCraft or IC2). Clients will need to install Forge to run these mods. I'll probably provide a modpack with mods whose permissions allow for modpack inclusion, with the rest being manual downloads.

Thoughts?

La-a-a-ate, and it might sound weird to hear suggestions from a guy who has never posted here before (or barely posts at all), but I recommend WildCaves 3, which makes the caves much more interesting to look at, and, if it wouldn't be deemed too "cheaty", IronChests or Backpacks. IronChests are basically standard chests, but crafted from iron, gold or diamond, and can hold much larger amounts, and Backpacks are essentially portable chests, (very convenient when you want to move things from one chest to another without using BC pipes or anything like that) which you can increase the capacity of by adding some tanned leather. You can also dye them.

Also, aren't Jammy's Furniture and Balkon's Weps buggy in multiplayer? In the furniture mod, when you sit on something, you're bugged for all the other players (and you look like you aren't sitting at all, or in the wrong position), and in Balkon's mod, the flails can crash other people's clients with a Ticking Entity error. (although I haven't tried it on a completely "clean" server, so who knows, might just be a conflict)

« Reply #232 on: October 07, 2013, 12:57:47 AM »
I heartily endorse the Backpack mod. My Ender-backpack never leaves my hotbar. :3

..oh and I hope you like farming spiders for string. You'll need quite a bit for the large backpacks. Too bad there isn't any flax on this server..
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:00:38 AM by Dr.Strafe »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #233 on: October 07, 2013, 04:51:51 AM »
Not sure about the caves mod due to its beta status, but the other two are interesting to consider.

I am leaning towards the option of separate vanilla-mod servers for stability reasons with existing content. As nice as it would be to have computer networks across Knoxville and Hakutown, it could end up causing more trouble than it's worth to the 1.2.5-era world in the long run.
The big question now - whether to use 1.6.4+ or 1.5.2 instead. Most major modpacks are using the older version, and we can additionally make our own private modpacks - for which the greatly simplified maintenance and installation procedures make it worthwhile to use. OTOH, staying with current MC means consistency in vanilla functions and mod installation procedures (including Optifine).

Might consider instating a trial run to gauge interest.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 04:57:15 AM by Aya SyaMEEMaru »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #234 on: October 11, 2013, 10:52:08 AM »
 :o
Hello everyone,
Dr.Strafe, do you still have my underground stuff saved somewhere (MC edit) and could upload it on a ftp or mediafire or so?
I kinda want to Minecraft again but I don't have the time to farm stuff (diamands, tnt) to finish my project without creation mode.
(I'm doing sport  :getdown: for my fitness, on top I started learning japanese a week ago)

best regards
Another Dorakyura

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #235 on: October 11, 2013, 01:01:55 PM »
I'm the current server operator now, not Strafe.

Your underground city remains intact on the 1.0 world, which is accessible from the current server. I can export the project over if you wish as part of its own world, or even the whole world file if you prefer.

Lastly (but certainly not least) it's good to hear from you again. :)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 01:04:50 PM by Dr. Steve-O "Evil" Ballmer »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #236 on: October 12, 2013, 10:07:46 AM »
oh, I didn't see that you imported the older world 1 to your server,

would be great if you can upload the world_old1 map for me :)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #237 on: October 13, 2013, 09:58:05 PM »
Check your PM inbox for the link. I look forward to seeing the finished product!
Bad command or file name

« Reply #238 on: October 14, 2013, 12:20:30 AM »
Oh hey, Dora. Good to see you again.

Yeah, I'm sure that I still have your schematics somewhere on my laptop. Although, it looks like this request got resolved in my absence. :V
I too await Chireiden's completion.

« Reply #239 on: October 15, 2013, 06:16:04 PM »
Found an old Screenshot :V

I used some TNT

(The green grass is only there to see where building can be build onto)

I need your help:

Not sure if too big

(I'm kinda sick so I have some time)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 09:10:02 PM by Dorakyura »