Author Topic: Touhou Remix: Game Over Man, Game Over!  (Read 64045 times)

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
Re: Touhou Remix Pregame/confirmation
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2009, 06:48:59 PM »
Lazy Sunday, wake up in the late afternoon
Log on MotK just to see what they're doin'
Hello thar?
What up, 'nesco?
Yo Nietz, what’s crackin’?
You thinking what I’m thinkin?
/CONFIRM!

Oh damn, I have to start the game!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 07:07:59 PM by Pesco »

Unesco

• United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
    • www.unesco.org
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2009, 06:56:30 PM »
The dealers room at Comiket 76 has OPENED! And in some extradimensionally awesome space that looks just like the dealers room, stand 13 people. Some of them grumpy, other ones looking cool, others confused, and one VERY pissed.

ZUN: I got all you here so we could democratically decide who stole my music. By lynching! A figment of my imagination told me it was alright.

Me: I'm real I tell you!

ZUN: Yes, I'm sure you are. At any rate, she wants souls and I want my damned score. So, we will spend the next few days deciding who should die, and we will find the fiends that stole my music.

Me: Couldn't you just demand they return it or you'll hit them with a lawsuit if you ever hear it from them?

ZUN: But that wouldn't be any fun and you told me you wanted souls!

Me: Oh...right. Nyaa~

Anyway, since mafia is the best way to resolve everything, let's get this show on the road! I'll be in the dealers room with my shopping cart while you all decide this stuff. I might pop in to keep track of the votes every so often though! Nyaa~ good luck!

Deadline will be Wednesday, August 5th, at 3 PM EST. I will post an initial votecount and then Day one will start!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 07:05:01 PM by Unesco »

Unesco

• www.unesco.org
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2009, 07:04:50 PM »

The First "Beginning of Day 1" Vote Count

"Awakening of the Earth Spirits"

Mod Note: I'm changing my color to pink. I will fix everything

Roukanken (0)
Affinity (0)
Carthrat (0)
Nietz (0)
Suwako Moriya (0)
Xan (0)
Kiro (0)
Zakeri (0)
Serpentarius (0)
Alice (0)
Jan-san (0)
天使 (0)

Not Voting (12):

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Deadline is in three days at 3 PM EST, Wednesday, August 5th

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
Re: Touhou Remix Day 1 START!
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2009, 07:14:40 PM »
##Vote Tenshi

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN...

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2009, 08:05:58 PM »
##Vote: Suwako Moriya because I STILL don't know who he is. >_>

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2009, 08:14:06 PM »
##Vote Unesco
Out of principle.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2009, 09:42:46 PM »
Whoop, my connection went out in the middle of posting.

Vote Nietz cuz he was scum in the last game I played.

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2009, 10:38:20 PM »
##Vote Jan-San

Pre-emptive vote in case he lurks. :P
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2009, 10:40:46 PM »
No worries, I don't foresee anything going wrong.
Then again, I rarely do. I just hope everyone shows up now that confirmations are done.

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2009, 10:44:30 PM »
##Vote: Roukanken ONLY ONE OF US LEAVES THIS DAY ALIVE

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2009, 10:58:59 PM »
Phone posting is truly bizarre.

##Vote: Alice Margatroid because she's always scum.

I don't think I can bold on this thing. I hope that's OK.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2009, 11:04:55 PM »
##Vote: Jan-san

Because I don't remember you finishing a mafia game.  D=

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2009, 11:13:45 PM »
Aha! I think I figured it out.

##Vote: Alice Margatroid again, but this time, with feeling!

I am the most clever goddess ever.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2009, 12:28:20 AM »
##Vote: Carthrat for declaring a day one rivalry to the death with Roukanken that may or may not end with either of your deaths. This makes you the closest thing to Pesco we have in this game so far.

Hey, you don't want to skirt rules 2 and 9, do you!? (kidding)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 03:47:48 AM by UncertainKitten »

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2009, 12:44:38 AM »
This makes you the closest thing to Pesco we have in this game so far.

That's such harsh slander.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2009, 01:41:30 AM »
##Vote: Jan-san

Because I don't remember you finishing a mafia game.  D=

Ouch, bro. I know it's been a while, but still.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2009, 03:21:49 AM »
Didn't you already respond to that post once? o_O

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2009, 03:46:31 AM »
##Vote:Zakeri

Because someone on the IRC thought I was him

BOLD! Hunh! What is it goooooooood for! Absolutely voting!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 03:48:35 AM by UncertainKitten »
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2009, 02:09:18 PM »
*Checks timestamps*

Wow, it sure got quiet all of a sudden in here.  Alright, Moonspeak, you should know that it's bad etiquette to bring evidence from private channels into the game, even if it wasn't a rule-breaking purposeful intiation of private contact between players.  There's no way to confirm that you're telling the truth, so it introduces lots of confusion and baseless speculation.  Most of the time, players at this stage of the game just place random votes and the game develops into real cases and votes from there.  Your vote has just enough reasoning behind it to look real, but not enough to actually be taken seriously, which is probably what scared everyone away. :V

##Vote Alice Margatroid

The game has started, but he hasn't even dropped a random vote.  I suspect that he checked the thread, saw Moonspeak's post, and wanted to avoid getting tangled in the issue of what to do about a serious vote based on outside knowledge.  Let others take care of the fallout, and hope that it distracts us from him.  It looks like scummy self-preservation to me.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2009, 02:18:10 PM »
##Unvote, ##Vote: Serpentarius how the fuck did you write so many words about nothing at all, this is clearly scum trying to look smart.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2009, 04:44:14 PM »
Serp: I don't get why you thought Tenshi's vote was serious. First off, I got the impression Tenshi is a player who hasn't played Mafia before so to say that "he should know it's bad to bring in outside evidence" is baseless. Secondly, his reason has no relevance to the game.

In your reasoning for voting Alice, besides the part about seeing Tenshi's supposed serious vote which is speculative, what you accuse Alice of can be said about anyone else, even those who had early random votes. I assume you picked Alice instead of anybody else because Alice has not posted since the game started. I'm not seeing how you can accuse Alice of lurking or not when that was your first post as well and when the early game probably gives off a wait-and-see vibe for most everyone else. If you just wanted to prod Alice, you could have said that, but you're insinuating there's something else there when I see nothing at the moment.

##Unvote Tenshi
##Vote Serpentarius

Also, since you speculated about Tenshi's post, let me ask what do you think of it personally. I personally think it's RVS.

Also waiting for an Alice post.

Unesco

• www.unesco.org
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2009, 05:21:14 PM »

The Second "Artists are discussing" Vote Count

"腋トランスコア+"

Roukanken (0)
Affinity (0)
Carthrat (1): Zakeri
Nietz (0)
Suwako Moriya (1): Roukanken
Xan (0)
Kiro (0)
Zakeri (0)
Serpentarius (2): Carthrat, Kiro
Alice (2): Suwako Moriya, Serpentarius
Jan-san (2): Xan, Affinity
天使 (0)
Unesco (1): Nietz

Not Voting (3): Alice, Jan-san, 天使

Jan-san's vote in #36 and 天使's vote in #47 were not counted.

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Deadline is in three days at 3 PM EST, Wednesday, August 5th

Thanks, I was about to see if I had to post one ^-^. I may have to anyway, but still!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 02:03:44 AM by UncertainKitten »

Serp

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2009, 06:05:37 PM »
Serp: I don't get why you thought Tenshi's vote was serious. First off, I got the impression Tenshi is a player who hasn't played Mafia before so to say that "he should know it's bad to bring in outside evidence" is baseless. Secondly, his reason has no relevance to the game.

I meant "should" in the sense that it would be best for him to know it, and therefore I was informing him.  If I meant it in the sense that he was probably already aware of it, I would've voted against him instead.  As for whether his reason has no relevance to the game, that would depend on the vote being intended as RVS, and if he is indeed new to the game, then he may not be aware of the RVS custom.

Quote from: Kiro
In your reasoning for voting Alice, besides the part about seeing Tenshi's supposed serious vote which is speculative, what you accuse Alice of can be said about anyone else, even those who had early random votes. I assume you picked Alice instead of anybody else because Alice has not posted since the game started.

Let me explain my reasoning a little more fully.  As I see it, everyone has a duty to put a RVS post out there for others to analyze, for what little it's worth, as soon as they see that the game has started.  But once Moonspeak put his arguably serious post out there, anyone posting after that is obligated to comment on it.  But by making the first definitely serious post of the game, you put yourself at huge risk of being bandwagoned, especially when it's regarding a sticky issue like outside private information.  And by making your RVS vote after what looks like a serious case, you draw suspicion for ignoring it.  So, the solution for the player whose highest priority is to preserve himself is to simply not post at all.

I'm not seeing how you can accuse Alice of lurking or not when that was your first post as well and when the early game probably gives off a wait-and-see vibe for most everyone else.

Well, the difference is that I know that I didn't get a chance to read the thread since the game started until just then, and I strongly suspect that some others did, and just chose to back away slowly.  And on that subject, just how is "wait-and-see" at all a townie reaction?  A townie's job is to analyze what's there, in public, for others to review and either agree with or criticize.  Avoiding that is anti-town behavior.  I don't see how you could call purposefully avoiding commenting on something a townie move.

Quote from: Alice Margatroid
If you just wanted to prod Alice, you could have said that, but you're insinuating there's something else there when I see nothing at the moment.

The above case applies to everyone who saw Moonspeak's post and chose to avoid commenting on it.  It applies to Alice especially because you'd expect him to show up and place his RVS vote sometime in the first 24 hours of the game, but so far he hasn't done so.  I'm not at all happy that the thread just died for ten hours and I had to kick-start it to get some discussion going.  When everyone decides to just "wait and see," nothing gets done.  We're almost a full 24 hours into the game, and there's hardly any information to analyze out here.  My vote's on Alice, but I'm irritated at everyone who just decided to wait and see what other people would say about Moonspeak's vote.

Also, since you speculated about Tenshi's post, let me ask what do you think of it personally. I personally think it's RVS.

I think that Moonspeak was making a real observation and then voting on it.  That means it can't really be considered random.  More importantly, I believe it deserved comment, and once people start seriously commenting on each other, RVS is over.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2009, 07:51:16 PM »
@Serp: The way I see it, you trying to make a big point out of reasons that only that only seem valid to you.
I didn't think (as probably most other people) of Tenshi's vote as anything other than a joke. You also seem to base your case against Alice in the assumption that he has read the thread and avoided posting, even though he had previously said he wouldn't be much active in the first days.

But by making the first definitely serious post of the game, you put yourself at huge risk of being bandwagoned, especially when it's regarding a sticky issue like outside private information.  And by making your RVS vote after what looks like a serious case, you draw suspicion for ignoring it.  So, the solution for the player whose highest priority is to preserve himself is to simply not post at all.
That's a WIFOM-y point, I don't think I've seem so much people lynched Day exclusively for making the first serious post. And we've had a LOT of cases of townies making RVS posts after serious discussion had supposedly started.

Oh, and ##Unvote.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2009, 08:09:15 PM »
It's interesting that Alice hasn't so much as thrown in a vote in RVS, but I intend to give him a few more hours before I put him down as lurking simply because he's Alice. >_> Call it a meta play, but given this is role madness I wouldn't put it beyond UK to give him some stupid post restriction.

Tenshi clearly has no idea what the hell he's doing, and his 'someone told me to do it' vote doesn't really sound anything resembling serious to me. I'm not understanding why anyone would consider a second-hand opinion to be worth a legitimate vote.

As for whether his reason has no relevance to the game, that would depend on the vote being intended as RVS, and if he is indeed new to the game, then he may not be aware of the RVS custom.
I think that Moonspeak was making a real observation and then voting on it.
I'm sorry, this is just horrible. WHY WOULD ANYONE MAKE A REAL OBSERVATION BASED ON WHAT SOMEONE TOLD THEM OVER A CHAT? You're basically assuming by default that Tenshi is an utter moron who doesn't have the first clue how to play, and then you seem to be using that as an excuse to end RVS. Ending RVS is fine, but doing so with such a poor opening point to discuss is less so.

I'm kind of understanding where Carth is coming from with the 'how can you say so much about so little' point. Tenshi made a joke vote and apparently every other player is at fault for not taking it super-seriously. Why exactly are you so convinced that he meant his accusation genuinely?

##Vote: Serpentarius

Currently giving Alice the benefit of the doubt since he's, well, THE Alice Margatroid, but if he doesn't pipe up soon I will probably end up being more wary of him.

And, of course, the question no-one bothered to ask: Tenshi, did you genuinely mean to accuse Zakeri with this vote?

Oh WHERE, oh where have my unvotes gone?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 02:19:15 AM by UncertainKitten »

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2009, 08:19:34 PM »
Last Active: Today at 08:07:21
Reply #48 on: Today at 10:09:18

Serpentarius's attack makes some sense, now, Considering Alice was indeed on two hours before Serp attacked him.

I agree in that it's everyone's duty to post a random vote during the RVS, but I think Serp is stretching the point. I don't see how "Being Mistaken for the guy I'm voting for" Amounts to anything serious. In addition, who's to say Days So doesn't know what RVS is? Even if he hadn't looked back on previous games, or even if Wrathie hadn't explained that part to him, then I think it would at least be apparent to him from votes such as "You're acting the most like Pesco," And "Because they are always/were scum last time" that we're just fooling around at the time of his post. I don't see how anyone can pick up a serious vibe from that, let alone try to avoid it by not posting when they can easily post and ignore it safely.

Still, why did you make it appear like you had assumed Alice was there and choose not to provide a post without presenting any sort of evidence that she was here in the first place? For such a serious vote, it still looks like a baseless accusation.

but I'm irritated at everyone who just decided to wait and see what other people would say about Moonspeak's vote.
For the Record, what I would have said was "What's wrong with being me? :'("

##Unvote: Carthrat
Serp does have a point, even though it looks like he's attempting to jump onto an Inactive person, so I'm not certain where to take my vote to lynch now.

##Vote: Alice Margatroid since I would like an explanation for why you haven't RVed yet.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2009, 09:09:10 PM »
I actually thought Serpentarius was fooling around and being comically overdramatic until I read his response to Kiro. Hell, a part of me still thinks he was fooling around initially, and only turned serious after Kiro took him seriously.

I can't honestly say I think any of the Serp Circus looks scummy to me. I believe that either Serp held a unique opinion or was simply fooling around, and neither can really be called scummy at this stage in the game. On the flip side, none of the votes for him look out of the ordinary, either. Part of Roukan's explanation for why he thought Tenshi was kidding

his 'someone told me to do it' vote

is strange to me, because I don't recall seeing anything of the sort, but hopping on what looks best really early on is kinda-sorta Roukan's thing, so.

Vote stays on Alice because she hasn't said anything yet.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2009, 09:26:48 PM »
his 'someone told me to do it' vote

is strange to me, because I don't recall seeing anything of the sort
Agh, I misread his post as 'Someone on the IRC channel thought it was him', not 'Someone on the IRC channel thought I was him'. :V
Still, if anything, that makes Serp's move even worse, because now it looks even less like a legitimate vote. At worst, his explanation of RVS to Tenshi could be considered lecturing.

(And I now have a theory as to the identity of Suwako, but I'll keep it to myself since it isn't game-relevant.)

Serp

« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2009, 10:46:19 PM »
Regarding Alice's notice that he'd be frequently absent near the beginning of the game, I admit that it this blunts my point.  I had forgotten about that.  Pre-arranged absences are by definition not a scumtell.

Quote from: Nietz
That's a WIFOM-y point, I don't think I've seem so much people lynched Day exclusively for making the first serious post. And we've had a LOT of cases of townies making RVS posts after serious discussion had supposedly started.

One things leads to another.  The more scum are forced to talk, the more likely it is that they'll slip up and say something damning.  And as for townies making RVS posts after there's legitimate stuff to talk about, they may do that, but that doesn't mean it's a helpful or townie move - which is why I refused to do so.

Quote from: Roukanken
Ending RVS is fine, but doing so with such a poor opening point to discuss is less so.

Sure, it's a poor opening point by most standards, but that's what you get for Day 1's first case.  The longer the day goes on, the more important it becomes to find any excuse to end RVS.  I wasn't content to pass the buck and lose however many more hours while everyone decided to wait and see.  I challenge you to point out a single other point that could have been used to end RVS by that point.

I'm kind of understanding where Carth is coming from with the 'how can you say so much about so little' point. Tenshi made a joke vote and apparently every other player is at fault for not taking it super-seriously. Why exactly are you so convinced that he meant his accusation genuinely?

I'm not absolutely convinced that he meant it seriously.  It just looks serious enough to deserve comment, especially with the lack of other points so far into the day and the lack of activity in the thread.

Quote from: Zakeri
I don't see how anyone can pick up a serious vibe from that, let alone try to avoid it by not posting when they can easily post and ignore it safely.

Well, let me put it this way:  I would've questioned anyone who RVS posted after that point. 

Quote from: Zakeri
Still, why did you make it appear like you had assumed Alice was there and choose not to provide a post without presenting any sort of evidence that she was here in the first place? For such a serious vote, it still looks like a baseless accusation.

It's a theory that fits the circumstances.  I also shouldn't need to point out that if you're going to place a vote, you should be as serious as possible about it.  A limp-wristed prod never got a useful reaction out of anyone.

Still, if anything, that makes Serp's move even worse, because now it looks even less like a legitimate vote.

How so?  He could've figured that a scumbuddy of Zakeri's expecting him to get online jumped at seeing a new name on the channel.  That's how I interpreted Moonspeak's rationale.  Though, come to think of it, it would've made more sense to mention who it was that assumed he was Zakeri in that case.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2009, 10:54:57 PM »
This is strange because Alice has the habit of not bothering to participate during RVS, so I'm willing to let him be on that for awhile.  Also, Tenshi's vote looked like a random vote to me, so I don't understand what Serp is saying at all with his purple prose.

But this stands out,

Quote from: Suwako Moriya
I believe that either Serp held a unique opinion or was simply fooling around,

You haven't said what you really thought about Tenshi, so saying that his was a 'unique opinion' is a little bit of a waffle, because that covers a lot of questionable ground.

##Vote: Suwako

Bouken UNVOTE UNVOTE HONTO ga...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 02:23:22 AM by UncertainKitten »