Author Topic: Touhou Dream Thread  (Read 305989 times)

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
Re: Touhou Dream Thread
« Reply #180 on: July 16, 2013, 08:41:52 AM »
I don't really like to double post but I had a nother Touhou dream. This one is big enough to write in my dream diary. I just wish I could remember the middle of it. Here is another censored excerpt from my dream diary.

I was going up to my little brother?s dad's house and my little brother was already in there. There was also a dog on the sofas and I wasn?t sure why. Eventually I came a bit further in and noticed that there was a cat on the sofa. After a while I also noticed that there was an artificial owl in the room too. My little brother brought it to my attention. He later threw it away thinking it wasn?t real and it squealed in terror. I picked it up and squeezed it slightly. It gave a squeal proving that it was living but it?s fur seemed so fake. I then asked it ?You?re not a real owl are you?? and it replied ?no.? I then had a small conversation about it and it eventually said that it was a famous brain called the ?sad brain.? After that we probably went on a quest to find it?s original body. I kept thinking to myself that this owl looked so much like Patchouli Knowledge and over time the owl started look more and more like Patchouli. There were a couple of events at this time that involved Mononobe no Futo and probably Toyosatomimi no Miko. I can?t quite remember what happened but I never had a straight conversation with them. They just supported me in my quest. Eventually we were riding mechs in a city and there were battles with them. When I was at the open cockpit of my mech, one of the other mech?s cockpit opened to reveal Satori Komeiji. She held on to a rail above her head and stared depressed and angrily at the white haired girl next to me (probably Futo but maybe Mouko or Kaguya) then said ?did you think I?d stop looking for you?? Eventually I ended up at my grampa?s house still with the doll, wondering what to do next.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

« Reply #181 on: July 16, 2013, 11:48:38 AM »
You people have Touhou dreams? I'd love to have some, but I can't remember my dreams in the first place. Once I do comes the next step. Somehow bribing influencing my subconscious to give me dreams about Touhou.

Is the secret to keep a dream diary?

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #182 on: July 16, 2013, 03:22:54 PM »
You people have Touhou dreams? I'd love to have some, but I can't remember my dreams in the first place. Once I do comes the next step. Somehow bribing influencing my subconscious to give me dreams about Touhou.

Is the secret to keep a dream diary?

Keeping a dream diary will help you remember dreams. It may take a while but it really helps. I think that it's the passion for updating it that helps us remember our dreams. Ever since my first dream when I met Alice Margatroid, I've been remembering my dreams a lot more.

I'm not too sure if a dream diary can cause sombody who doesn't usually have dreams to suddenly start having dreams though. It's worth a try though. I'm not too sure how to cause yourself to have touhou dreams though.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #183 on: July 17, 2013, 09:23:00 PM »
Keeping a dream diary will help you remember dreams. It may take a while but it really helps. I think that it's the passion for updating it that helps us remember our dreams. Ever since my first dream when I met Alice Margatroid, I've been remembering my dreams a lot more.

I'm not too sure if a dream diary can cause sombody who doesn't usually have dreams to suddenly start having dreams though. It's worth a try though. I'm not too sure how to cause yourself to have touhou dreams though.

Yeah, it's not helping me. Everyone dreams, some don't remember. And I can't seem to get the f***ing thing to work. It's random when I have a Touhou dream, or any one that I can remember (which more often than not have a Touhou in them which is probably why I remember the damn things in the first place)
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2013, 03:27:04 AM »
Last night I had a creepy dream where someone slit my throat, and I slowly bled out and died. How is this related to Touhou, you ask? The one who killed me was Suwako, who was angry at me being atheist.
checkFINISHED checkFINISHED checkFINISHED
checkcheckcheck FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
checkcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheck
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
<Die The death>! <Sentence to death>! <Great equalizer is The Death>!

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #185 on: July 19, 2013, 01:43:31 PM »
Okay now I think this is the right thread. I accidentally posted my dream on the YKYATTHW thread, silly me.
I had a dream a few days ago.
It was basically a 3 second dream where I was Meiling combing my hair in front of a mirror.
I don't get it.

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

« Reply #186 on: July 19, 2013, 06:39:02 PM »
I had a dream where I gave Sanny her ten desires

« Reply #187 on: July 21, 2013, 06:48:51 PM »
Alright, I have 3.

I was walking down the sidewalk with my mom, a guy in my youth group, and his mom. We stopped in front of a house where someone was playing Necrofantasia. Someone commented that it was a strange song, and we all just kinda stood there until it was over. Then the person in the house started playing some country song.

I don't even remember what the dream was about, but there was an official game about Maribel and Renko.

I was rushing to some convention and stopped at a Wendy's to change into my cosplay, which was Nazrin.

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
« Reply #188 on: July 21, 2013, 11:59:25 PM »
   Really weird one, possibly induced by the car ride I slept during.

It starts off with me standing, alone, in some unrecognizable place. All of a sudden, there's a girl who looks a lot like Alice Margatroid (it probably was her) standing there. I look away, and look back, and she's right next to me. I'm about to ask what she's doing, when she steals my wallet and runs. So, I chase her, all the while relishing the irony of the situation. During the chase, Shou tackles me and then lifts me up in one swift motion, and starts babbling incoherent nonsense that sounded urgent. Her voice also sounded like Dib from Invader Zim, which made it even weirder. She's also shaking me while she's yelling at me. Once she stops and just stares at me, I just give this puzzled look. I answer with a resounding "Huh?!", but she just tucks me under her arm and runs toward a giant version of her pagoda, which turns out to be a hot air balloon. She takes me over a farm, and somehow puts the balloon in park, and presses a big red button. Then, a box with a ton of multicolored buttons rises from the floor. Shou cracks her knuckles, and appears to be praying, then starts screaming one loud, continuous noise, and begins to press all of the buttonsin a very rapid fashion. Curved lasers then begin to incinerate the farm below us. Once the place is smoldering, she runs over and grabs the confused me again. Whatever she said sounded like someone reversed it, and I once again had no idea what she said. She then throws her shoe across the room, hits another big red button, and the balloon part of the pagoda starts making the Utsuho nuclear siren noise, but instead of nuclear signs, I see happy faces outlined by CAUTION!! Shou opened a side hatch, yelled "CLEAR!" and threw me out of the balloon. She then followed suit, but somehow she fell faster. Once we were level with each other, she handed me something, but I can't remember what. She then saluted me, yelled "Godspeed!" and used her cloth thing behind her like a parachute. I, on the other hand, had that object that I know would do nothing. Naturally in a falling dream, I wake up as soon as I'm about to land on the ground, which was on fire. However, at the last second, I thought I saw a glimpse of Patchouli with Yatagarasu powers and accessories (the eye on her chest, all of the nuclear things, and even black wings with the space cape).

I think I might need help.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #189 on: July 22, 2013, 12:32:06 AM »
Really big wall of text about a dream with a lot of buttons and shou sauce.
And I tough my dream and aLister's were weird.
I think I might need help.
Desperately

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
« Reply #190 on: July 22, 2013, 12:37:21 AM »
And I tough my dream and aLister's were weird.

And to think it all started because Alice stole my precious wallet.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #191 on: July 22, 2013, 01:01:17 AM »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #192 on: July 22, 2013, 01:02:27 AM »
   And to think it all started because Alice stole my precious wallet.
Now that I think about it, your dream isn't THAT weird compared to aLister's... I think Shou blasting buttons away while she does weird stuff to you is less weird than constant lucid dreaming regarding hardcore team deathmatch sex with Alice with weird backstories.

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
« Reply #193 on: July 22, 2013, 01:13:40 AM »
Now that I think about it, your dream isn't THAT weird compared to aLister's... I think Shou blasting buttons away while she does weird stuff to you is less weird than constant lucid dreaming regarding hardcore team deathmatch sex with Alice with weird backstories.

True, but on the other hand, he claims his are lucid, so he at least has some direction to how his dreams go. Whereas mine was purely subconscious, I could not steer this dream anywhere. Funny thing is, I don't even like Shou that much. Or at all, even! So why did she kidnap me and proceed to curvelaser a farm, then throw me out?! And I never got my wallet back, either...Now that I think about it, that dream sucked!

« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2013, 02:59:10 AM »
   True, but on the other hand, he claims his are lucid, so he at least has some direction to how his dreams go. Whereas mine was purely subconscious, I could not steer this dream anywhere. Funny thing is, I don't even like Shou that much. Or at all, even! So why did she kidnap me and proceed to curvelaser a farm, then throw me out?! And I never got my wallet back, either...Now that I think about it, that dream sucked!

You don't get it? Clearly, Shou was telling you that Alice was hiding in that farm, and needed to be *pichuun*'d for wallet theft. She threw you out so that you might reclaim said wallet.

You would have been just fine; she threw you at the ground and MISSED on purpose so you would have landed in like a tree or something.

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
« Reply #195 on: July 22, 2013, 03:08:01 AM »
You don't get it? Clearly, Shou was telling you that Alice was hiding in that farm, and needed to be *pichuun*'d for wallet theft. She threw you out so that you might reclaim said wallet.

You would have been just fine; she threw you at the ground and MISSED on purpose so you would have landed in like a tree or something.

Alright...

But that still doesn't explain the Patchygarasu that I saw. Or why she started self-destructing the balloon. Which, upon reading my post, I realized I omitted. Whoops. That was what the second big red button was for.

« Reply #196 on: July 22, 2013, 03:39:45 AM »
Yeah, I can't make up a good explanation for Patchygarasu :derp: Still, I wonder what a nuclear powered Royal Flare would look like though.

[Sun Sign "Royal Flare"] plus [Explosion Sign "Giga Flare"] equals [Exploding Sun "Supernova"] ? :o

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
« Reply #197 on: July 22, 2013, 04:44:19 AM »
Yeah, I can't make up a good explanation for Patchygarasu :derp: Still, I wonder what a nuclear powered Royal Flare would look like though.

[Sun Sign "Royal Flare"] plus [Explosion Sign "Giga Flare"] equals [Exploding Sun "Supernova"] ? :o

Patchygarasu...someone has to make this. Unfortunately, I lack the artistic fortitude it would require to make this. Someone, quick! Find an artist! Make this bizarre dream a reality!

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2013, 10:38:51 AM »
   True, but on the other hand, he claims his are lucid, so he at least has some direction to how his dreams go. Whereas mine was purely subconscious, I could not steer this dream anywhere.

My dreams weren't really lucid except the first one I met Alice in. Even then, it only turned lucid when I realised what I truly wanted to ask her. Sure, your dream had much less control than my dreams but most of my actions in the other dreams were sub-concious.

Just how are you interpreting my dreams? ???

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #199 on: July 22, 2013, 01:04:54 PM »
Just how are you interpreting my dreams? ???
JESUS DON'T TALK TO ME YOU SCARE ME I see you are a weird guy with weird dreams and an unhealthy obsession with Alice.
Hell, even on my most hardcore Touhou days back in January of this year, I would never have a dream of your calibre, and to be honest, I think that's a good thing...

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #200 on: July 22, 2013, 03:25:44 PM »
JESUS DON'T TALK TO ME YOU SCARE ME I see you are a weird guy with weird dreams and an unhealthy obsession with Alice.
Hell, even on my most hardcore Touhou days back in January of this year, I would never have a dream of your calibre, and to be honest, I think that's a good thing...

Well, love is love. I'm just glad to have felt it. It's not like I talk about her 24/7. In fact I rarley mention her outside the internet. I'm not sure if I'm as obsessed as you may think I am - seeing as I keep touhou to touhou. It's more like a goal that I can only acomplish in my dreams so I have the passion to remember to attempt to complete the goal more often.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 03:52:05 PM by aListers »

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #201 on: July 22, 2013, 11:05:49 PM »
...Guys

There, if you want to lucid dream. I'll edit my post later if this works.

Juubi Neion

• The Mage Forsaken by Time
  • Let me see... NO.
« Reply #202 on: July 23, 2013, 12:19:06 AM »
Last night I had a creepy dream where someone slit my throat, and I slowly bled out and died. How is this related to Touhou, you ask? The one who killed me was Suwako, who was angry at me being atheist.
I... but... you... Weedle....  ???

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #203 on: July 23, 2013, 05:49:57 PM »
I had a weird one. Me and my brother were futzing around with what looked like a long, thin, rectangular cardboard box, but obviously wasn't... since there was a loud explosion noise and we wound up in Gensokyo. I don't remember much after that until we got back home and tried the device out again... That's where it seemed to do nothing. Then I suddenly think to myself... "Oh, shit, if it did what I think it did..." and run upstairs and check outside the window. Then curse, since I was right. In fact, it was wosre. Know what it did? Whole block wound up in the Forest of Magic. So needless to say, I'm panicking at this point. It's also nighttime, so I'm keeping a sharp eye out for a certain red-eyed youkai, which if I saw her, I was gonna ditch the house and try to find Marisa or Reimu. I don't remember much after that either, but when we get back home again, my Dad has a set of blueprints for the thing and promises to build another one, saying "Happy Birthday." And then I woke up.
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2013, 08:05:37 AM »
I feel like I've had some Touhou-related dreams, but I can't remember them.  Having read a lot of Death Note fanfics lately, I did get a couple characters from one of those recently, so switching over to Touhou fics should help.

Slightly closer to topic, I had one dream recently where ZUN was scheduled to give a talk at a local school or something, and I was hanging around with him beforehand; apparently the qualification of 'knows what Touhou is' led me to be his tour guide/attendant/bodyguard for the day or something like that. I don't remember much, but I think I ended up annoying him as yet another overbearing fan, but he was being polite and didn't say anything about it.

« Reply #205 on: July 24, 2013, 12:55:35 PM »
I... but... you... Weedle....  ???
Weedle? Why Weedle?
checkFINISHED checkFINISHED checkFINISHED
checkcheckcheck FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
checkcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheck
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
<Die The death>! <Sentence to death>! <Great equalizer is The Death>!

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #206 on: July 25, 2013, 12:26:06 PM »
Okay, i'm cheating here, this is actually a daydream, but whatever. It still is a dream.
Also, I'm starting to think that Desert Eagles materializing in my hands with Utsuho trying to kill me is some sort of running theme with my dreams.
So yeah, breakfast this day was boring, nothing good on TV, I was still sleepy, it's 13?C Outside and raining, so I ended up daydreaming. And this dream basically is a sequel to the last one.
It started with me looking up at the sky. (The YELLOW sky for some reason) and then Utsuho enters my Field of View. She aims that..."thing" she has on her arm and was about to fire at me. I snap out of whatever was holding me back from running away from the start, so I grab her neck with my left hand and punched her my my other hand. I run away after that and a Desert Eagle materializes in my hand SURPRISE SURPRISE! and then I hide behind some indescribable object and we begin fighting.
The rest of the dream looked exactly like this.

My Brain must have something against Utsuho. In reality I could care less about her existance, but I certainly don't dislike her... Maybe UTSUHO has something against me...

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #207 on: July 28, 2013, 03:03:36 PM »
OK, not sure if daydreaming or lucid dreaming since it was at 1:30 AM when it started and I don't remember much from about midnight on, but something happened in the dream and I must have shrunk or something because suddenly Utsuho was towering over me and was holding me tight against her chest. Odd...

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #208 on: July 28, 2013, 04:05:41 PM »
...I had yet ANOTHER dream with Touhou characters in it. And yet again, it is somehow linked to Time Crisis.
Now that I think about, the only thing that this dream has to do with Touhou is the fact that a touhou character appears in it for a brief moment
For whatever reason, Me, DOUBLE D AND ED FROM ED, EDD N EDDY and Meiling were on the Junkyard. I think we were supposed to escort Meiling somewhere or something like that. I was as always holding a Desert Eagle, Double D was holding a Glock 17 with a silver slide and Ed was holding an MK23. We kill some bad guys and advance, then we find Eddy on top of a scrap mountain, firing some gun that I can't remember at more bad guys, then the dream ends.
I need to stop looking at this thread, the more I look at it, my Touhou dreams get more common. I'LL END UP LIKE ALISTERS, AAAAAAAHHHH!
Edit: Made the link to the MK23 work.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 10:31:26 PM by FamilyTeam »

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #209 on: July 28, 2013, 09:06:18 PM »
Maybe I should read this thread more then!