Author Topic: Touhou Dream Thread  (Read 306251 times)

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
Re: Touhou Dream Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2013, 09:07:54 AM »
This one... this one was pretty damn vivid.

b flat - x - b flat (1 octave lower) - x - b flat - b flat - b flat - b flat - a - x - a (1 octave higher) - x - a - x - a (1 octave lower) - x - repeat this part.

That's one vivid dream.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2013, 04:33:07 PM »
That's one vivid dream.
There's a whole lot more vivid dreams in this thread. See Tengukami's post, I'd kill to listen to what Reimu was exactly chanting to.

E: Follow-up after the RPG dream

A few days after my last Touhou dream post, I had yet another Doom x Touhou crossover dream, only that the Touhou part of it wasn't the actual game itself but Touhou cosplayers - namely everyone who was at the Saturday Touhou photoshoot XD

This really weird dream started off where Katsucon was being invaded by "zombie cosplayers who were tearing things apart". I was in my Momiji cosplay. The zombies didn't look any different from normal cosplayers imho but 'the survivors' of the apparent z-pocalypse were urging me to kill them. I realize that I have a plasma rifle and the super shotgun from Doom 2 and these "zombie cosplayers" were moving almost like how the zombie shotgun guys move in Doom 2.

First objective: Locate the survivors. I managed to find Kilga and Murein first, then Silentsword, and for some reason Drunk_Aya was locked in his room so I had to go find the red card key (just like in Doom 2) and unlock his room. Almost got killed when I had to pick up a yellow card key FOR APPARENTLY NO REASON >:(

Then for some reason, Kilga and Silentsword started discussing about having dinner after we escape from the hotel, and the group (now consisting of the four I mentioned above, along with Zakenna, Kosue, the monitor head Reimu, and helvetica - everyone in their cosplays as they wore to the Saturday photoshoot save for me, because I was in my Momiji cosplay instead of my Sanae) tried to storm out of the hotel through the main lobby (For those of you who watched Murein's Katsucon video, this is the same lobby where we met for the Saturday dinner), with me shooting down the "zombie cosplayers" with my plasma rifle. I saw glimpses of the demons and hell knights from Doom 2, and then I woke up :X

afaik, nobody died (except for the zombies that I killed) so... yay MoTK? :3
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:11:15 PM by DS4_S4N43 »
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2013, 04:11:32 AM »
Not sure if this fully counts, but they're sleep-related. I think that if I ever have a dream about Gensokyo...I won't come back.

First:   A few years ago (before I even knew Touhou), I remember, in that fleeting moment before you wake up, hearing someone say "kyuu". Realizing I said it, I was sort of jolted awake. That day, I broke 2 pencils, a pen, a bowl (luckily it was rather ugly), and our microwave (somehow), and at lunch at school that day, most of my lunch was wrecked (squished sandwich, chocolate fudge pop-tart SHATTERED.) ... I think I might need help. Being blonde with relatively long hair and a dislike of the sun doesn't help all that much.

Second:   My usual Friday alarm set via my iPod has Hartmann's Youkai Girl as the alarm. Good song for a good day, right? Well, just this morning, it went off, and I immediately sat straight up (eyes still closed) and did the pose Koishi does when she attacks, with the arms out. I think I pulled my one leg upwards to try and imitate it at a right angle. I then flopped onto my side and turned off my alarm like nothing happened, immediately afterwards realizing what I did.

Also, I'm an only child. So I'm not suffering from some "little sibling" sort of thing. Also, I'm pretty sure I saw Nue's shadow on the wall of my school one morning recently...so maybe it was a daydream?

I am worried. A bit.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2013, 01:46:45 AM »
Not sure if this fully counts, but they're sleep-related. I think that if I ever have a dream about Gensokyo...I won't come back.

First:   A few years ago (before I even knew Touhou), I remember, in that fleeting moment before you wake up, hearing someone say "kyuu". Realizing I said it, I was sort of jolted awake. That day, I broke 2 pencils, a pen, a bowl (luckily it was rather ugly), and our microwave (somehow), and at lunch at school that day, most of my lunch was wrecked (squished sandwich, chocolate fudge pop-tart SHATTERED.) ... I think I might need help. Being blonde with relatively long hair and a dislike of the sun doesn't help all that much.

Second:   My usual Friday alarm set via my iPod has Hartmann's Youkai Girl as the alarm. Good song for a good day, right? Well, just this morning, it went off, and I immediately sat straight up (eyes still closed) and did the pose Koishi does when she attacks, with the arms out. I think I pulled my one leg upwards to try and imitate it at a right angle. I then flopped onto my side and turned off my alarm like nothing happened, immediately afterwards realizing what I did.

Also, I'm an only child. So I'm not suffering from some "little sibling" sort of thing. Also, I'm pretty sure I saw Nue's shadow on the wall of my school one morning recently...so maybe it was a daydream?

I am worried. A bit.

YEAH... I'd be kinda worried TOO at this point. Your call though, I'm not here to judge. Personally, I think it's kind of cool that you're imitating Touhous, by accident or on purpose, ze. (Oh, brother, there's that ze showing up in what I type again, ze.) But I'M not exactly the sanest person in the room either. Most people would tell you to seek help, but WE aren't most people, are we, guys?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 09:16:12 AM by Cybeast710 »
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

Zakari

• This loli contains Autism
  • Autistic Loli
« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2013, 01:36:14 PM »
I had a dream.

My dream is about the 3rd generation of Touhou after the windows era.

Windows era Reimu is already dead and she is now reincarnated as the next evolution of humans.
Windows era Marisa is already dead and she is now reincarnated as an Angel of Stars.
All Youkai around Gensokyo were already dead (Including Yukari Yakumo) but they were reincarnated as a Human.

Future Reimu and Future Marisa will go outside of Gensokyo to exterminate all youkai all around japan.

3rd generation of Touhou project is called Windows 9 era.

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2013, 04:38:22 AM »
Ok, yet another thing. Still not sure if it counts since I was awake, but I think it fits here best.

So I'm on my iPod listening to music, and just about to ride the imagination train to god-knows-where in preparation for sleep. I look up at the clock over my bed and see that it reads 11:59, so I keep watching it until it hits midnight, since I have no recollection of doing so. As it hits midnight, the little lava lamp light I have goes dark, the numbers on the clock vanish to be replaced with 12:00 midnight...and my iPod flashes a picture of Mima's face at me. I wasn't even on something with pictures, nor do I even have a picture of Mima! It's been freaking me out a bit since.

In lighter news, I'm pretty sure I saw Nue's shadow on the wall at school again last week, and another shadow story: At a jazz festival I attended Saturday, I brought my own keyboard, and the case is canvas with a strap to hang over my shoulder for carrying ease. It's a bit unwieldy, and the case often rotates on me. Well, as I was walking back to the bus to put it away, a bit of tiredness took over, and the keyboard rotated to hang behind me. Right before I stepped onto the bus, I swear I saw the silhouette of Utsuho over my shadow. Despite it being cold out, I felt warm, as though the sun's rays were hitting me the rest of the time outside. It was also nighttime.

I've also noticed that I've subconsciously been using "Ze?" instead of something like "Huh?" when I get confused, even though that's not what Marisa uses ze for.

...Someone help me. I think Gensokyo or some alternate form of it is trying to use me to break out into the world. Best case scenario, Koishi is somehow toying with/menacing me.  So just in case...

Dammit Koishi.

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2013, 03:45:11 AM »
All Youkai around Gensokyo were already dead (Including Yukari Yakumo) but they were reincarnated as a Human.

Future Reimu and Future Marisa will go outside of Gensokyo to exterminate all youkai all around japan.

Poor youkais. What have they done to deserve any of this?

Ok, yet another thing. Still not sure if it counts since I was awake, but I think it fits here best.

In lighter news, I'm pretty sure I saw Nue's shadow on the wall at school again last week, and another shadow story: At a jazz festival I attended Saturday, I brought my own keyboard, and the case is canvas with a strap to hang over my shoulder for carrying ease. It's a bit unwieldy, and the case often rotates on me. Well, as I was walking back to the bus to put it away, a bit of tiredness took over, and the keyboard rotated to hang behind me. Right before I stepped onto the bus, I swear I saw the silhouette of Utsuho over my shadow. Despite it being cold out, I felt warm, as though the sun's rays were hitting me the rest of the time outside. It was also nighttime.

Yeah I know what you mean, like, daydreaming and thinking that you see 2hus in real life. I've had those moments, 'xcept that they only occur at those drowsy moments right before sleep, those moments when you transition from awake to sleep. Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, I haven't had any other 2hu daydreaming happen so far. If we're including those daydreaming episodes as Touhou dreams, I have a few 'touhou daydreaming' that usually take place right before I fall asleep as I mentioned. It usually takes the form of me playing danmaku by myself against an unknown opponent. When I get hit, I flinch and wake up in my bed. By flinch I'm assuming y'all know what I mean, because most of us have those weird moments when our bodies jerk or flinch in a weird way right before we sleep.
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2013, 05:35:23 AM »
In one dream, I was on a ship and there was a hole in the middle. Youmu's sword was near the hole and I was worrying it may drop inside.
So I tried to move the sword, but things always turned worse if we were worrying in dreams. Youmu's sword dropped in the hole, and well, it floated above water just away from the stern. I could not fly, so I woke up Youmu and told her to pick up her sword. But Youmu was in neboke state, and showed difficulty to understand what was going on....

Error

• No escape.
  • ˙ǝdɐɔsǝ oN
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2013, 11:33:58 AM »
I took a nap, and found myself traveling on a road of sorts.
As I was walking, I saw some red flower petals being carried by a gust of wind.

I then woke up choking and sputtering, along with a bit of chest pain.

Zakari

• This loli contains Autism
  • Autistic Loli
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2013, 10:13:15 AM »
I had a dream when many Touhou fans were cosplaying Mima and trying to raid zUN`s house and all the angry fans said ''BRING MIMA BACK!!''

that was a funny dream.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 10:37:20 AM by Zakari »

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2013, 04:19:49 PM »
I had a dream when many Touhou fans were cosplaying Mima and trying to raid zUN`s house and all the angry fans said ''BRING MIMA BACK!!''

that was a funny dream.

That would be awesome but we'd better not try that ever. Or else we'll never get Mima back.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2013, 08:22:45 AM »
This one was kinda weird.

So once again this dream bucks the "screens don't work in dreams" concept.

1. I'm playing Pokemon G/S/C.
2. Enter Burned Tower
3. I kid you not, there's a trainer that challenges me the second I walk in. And I know there wasn't originally.
4. I also know they didn't have dialogue of "Hi. If you lose, you're MINE." Which this one did.
5. And there DEFINITELY wasn't ANY trainer named Yuuka Kazami. ...Guess what this one was named...
6. "Yuuka Kazami would like to battle!"
7. Team was a Kazami, a CYuuka, and an AYuuka.
8. I might add it was NOT Ordinary Version. So it was Bon?ka VS. Pok?mon.

Yeah, dream ended after finishing AYuuka. But seriously, what the heck, me? Is it because I stayed up late writing XD: Impostor of Darkness?
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2013, 06:19:55 AM »
I dreamed once that i was watching myself play Lunatic UFO stage 5, in an arcade, and I was looking at myself looking at myself playing the Lunatic stage 5 from the side.

INCEPTION.
I think the creepy bit was that I was just standing there, while looking, just looking... eyes not even batting, staring into the soul of the player that is me, and then another me was just staring at the me staring at me playing.

The great thing was that I found humming Shou's theme all day later that day when I woke up.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:21:53 AM by ♛ 真・天夢音 - Shin Amamune-ryuu »
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2013, 09:50:01 AM »
Alice Margatroid appeared in my dream again but unfortunatley not in person. The dream wasn't long enough so I can't put it in my dream diary.

The dream basically consisted of me on youtube looking for fan made touhou games and I ended up finding a mod for dynasty warriors that put touhou characters in the game. The mod's gameplay video consisted of Alice Margatroid playing. Despite her in-game model being fully clothed in her PCB outfit; her dialogue image had no clothes on but her hair was long enough to cover any rude bits. I looked at the character list that the mod added and, as with any dream that contains Alice Margatroid has,  it had some old wrestlers from back in ECW on the character list too for some reason.

« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2013, 02:04:25 PM »
Sadly, there is only one Touhou related dream I can remember.

I was in some type of office skyscraper building, near the top. I turned around a corner to see Alice Margatroid hanging out with a bunch of stereotypical thuggish looking guys. I know I explored the building a bit more, but I don't remember the details.
I eventually found a break room with a blonde Reimu and a comically fat Kanako having a full scale feast.

I don't remember anything past that part, so I'll just say it cut off there.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:15:42 PM by Kaguya »

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2013, 03:04:19 AM »
   So earlier today in physics class we watched a movie on bridges. Good student I am, I fall asleep during it. In my short dream, I saw Rika hitting the Golden Gate Bridge with a wrench a few times. The bridge suddenly gained a crapton of weapons  and started levitating, and I remember hearing Rika say something like "Let's see that girl take on an entire bridge!" before waking up again when the bell rang for next class.

Assuming "that girl" was Reimu, I don't think she'd have that much difficulty.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2013, 01:12:47 PM »

So earlier today in physics class we watched a movie on bridges. Good student I am, I fall asleep during it. In my short dream, I saw Rika hitting the Golden Gate Bridge with a wrench a few times. The bridge suddenly gained a crapton of weapons  and started levitating, and I remember hearing Rika say something like "Let's see that girl take on an entire bridge!" before waking up again when the bell rang for next class.

Assuming "that girl" was Reimu, I don't think she'd have that much difficulty.

I'm currently laughing, imagining how everyone reacts to the bridge vanishing, or even better, shooting at them. Haven't had one in a while, but if I do, I promise you'll be the first to know.

t0k

• Philosophy nerd!
  • To be is to do.
    • 4x13
« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2013, 06:50:53 PM »
Last night I dreamt that I had tea with Tokiko/Nameless Book Reading Youkai. I went out for a smoke break and she was upset. Oh well...

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2013, 06:58:10 PM »
Last night I dreamt that I had tea with Tokiko/Nameless Book Reading Youkai. I went out for a smoke break and she was upset. Oh well...

Did you talk with her while having tea?

« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2013, 01:01:46 AM »
Most of my dreams are white or black.
But I had a dream where I was having a competition with Yuyuko. A food eating contest.
In the middle of the race, I woke up, and I was pretty hungry.
Currently a normal player

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2013, 11:13:11 AM »
Even though I can say I've been a Touhou fan for over a year now, I only saw a few Touhou-related dreams, mostly gameplay screens with chaotic bullets after some long playing sessions. But I also had a pretty special one.

I stayed up late to finish a VN I really liked, but all its endings were upsetting, and I couldn't help but feel sad for its characters. I decided to sleep it off, but after waking up I was still upset, so I decided to go back to sleep. Then I had one of those wake-induced lucid dreams, sleep paralysis and all. In it, I was laying on my bed as I were, but I vividly saw Sakuya standing next to it with a sad expression on her face, as if sharing my sorrow. Then she got under the blanket and gave me a hug. And that's it. But back then, that was all I needed to feel better. I never had such an experience before, so this makes Touhou all the more special to me.

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2013, 04:12:32 PM »
It's been a month since I last came on MoTK and welp, what do you expect if I post on this thread?
MOAR. TOUHOU. DREAMS. XD

However, a lot of them have been silly. Here are some of them:

1. Me being Sanae and playing real-life Super Mario. Trying to maintain a 2D movement in a 3D world is tremendously painful. Also, there were moments like where I had to run on top of very narrow steel beams. Pretty damn lucky I managed to do that without falling off and breaking my silly neck.

2. Some con buddies in MoTK appearing in my dream. This happens pretty often.

3. Another Touhou official spinoff was released, and it featured EVERY.SINGLE.CANON.CHARACTER.

'Xcept that it had BUNCHES OF MEILING CLONES! Like, dozens of them!
To name a few: Lie Meiling, Chan Meiling, Kon Meiling, etc. etc. but THEY WERE ALL THE SAME - abilitywise, color palette choice wise, spell card wise they were all the same. Also, played this game against my sister.

:)

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2013, 08:51:44 PM »
3. Another Touhou official spinoff was released, and it featured EVERY.SINGLE.CANON.CHARACTER.

Even Mima and Shinki? That would be awesome!

Anyway, I just read on symposium of post mysticism that if you put a picture of Shou Toramaru underneath your pillow then you get pleasant dreams. Has anybody tried this?

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2013, 09:11:12 PM »
Even Mima and Shinki? That would be awesome!

Anyway, I just read on symposium of post mysticism that if you put a picture of Shou Toramaru underneath your pillow then you get pleasant dreams. Has anybody tried this?
>Mima and Shinki
>CANON

lol jokes aside, unfortunately didn't see any PC98 characters in them :( but no biggies, expect them to return one day...
Spoiler:
in your dreams

And no I haven't tried that yet. Besides, I get a good mix of good dreams and bad ones without her picture anyway... (and depending on how the dream goes, I get really really bad mood swigs too :( this has to be addressed somehow)

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2013, 09:38:02 PM »
>Mima and Shinki
>CANON

lol jokes aside, unfortunately didn't see any PC98 characters in them :( but no biggies, expect them to return one day...
Spoiler:
in your dreams

And no I haven't tried that yet. Besides, I get a good mix of good dreams and bad ones without her picture anyway... (and depending on how the dream goes, I get really really bad mood swigs too :( this has to be addressed somehow)

Please be more specific next time.

I don't keep a picture of her but It's extremely rare that I get bad dreams anyway. I think I've only had about 3 bad dreams in my life. 4 if you include the way I woke up in one to be bad. Not sure if The picture would make much of a difference to me.

My touhou dreams seem to be every 2 months now though. I think that maybe the picture of Shou would encourage more touhou dreams.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2013, 11:00:53 PM »
Still haven't had any, and I've tried external stimulation (like soundscapes)

EDIT: Think the stimulation is working.

I dreamed I went out on a drive somewhere, and came home late.

*blurry, incoherent block of time*

Party on front lawn, with DJ. Suddenly, I hear first Crazy Hat (I believe that's the name of the remix) then U.N. Owen Was Her. Yes, the DJ's playing it. Yes, I'm shocked. I think I remember jumping down my entire front staircase.

"Wake up" in bed (I'm STILL dreaming at this point! Dream within dream! What?) and walk around a bit.

Realize "That was a dream!" while still having vivid memory of being out late. (Which was dream layer 1)

So I get up, walk around, and... I don't remember anything else. :(
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 12:00:06 AM by Cybeast710 »

« Reply #146 on: May 15, 2013, 04:45:15 AM »
I had a dream Youmu was hitting on me...  and I can even remember her kisses being wet and feeling the moisture.  I even remember wondering how I could feel that in a dream.  Then we got a homing pigeon to help us find Yuyuko but woke up before it happened.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2013, 06:15:21 AM »
I had a dream 2 days ago but it was once again too short for my dream diary because I couldn't remember what happened before it.

Anyway, in the dream, things happened and I ended up with star sapphire in my arms sleeping. I decided just to give her a kiss for a laugh but just as I put my lips over hers, she decided to blow out a huge amount of air into my mouth which popped both our ear drums. Both of us ran to the toilet holding our ears and agreed that doing that was a bad idea.

Fairies and their pranks  :D

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2013, 12:41:54 PM »
Ok, I had another dream last night so sorry for the double post. Just like the Nitori one I had, this is split into parts so I'll only post the touhou part.

I may have to warn you that this dream has mild violence although seeing as it's text rather than the video I saw, it's not nearly as violent as I saw it as. I'm warning you because you may read some of your favourite touhou characters being injured or killed. This is an uncensored excerpt from my dream diary.

This dream is split into 2.

The 1st one consisted of watching a video. It was a huge battle of the Touhou characters. Alice Margatroid was there as well but she had lost a leg. She created a peg leg with a fencing sword though and kept herself balanced with a spear. Later on in the fight, she found Marisa and Reimu fighting. Immediately she knocked Marisa down with the non bladed part of the spear so that she didn?t kill her and then looked at Reimu. Reimu smiled at her and Alice smiled back. Then Alice stabbed Reimu through the face with the spear?s lizard stabber. That?s about all I remember of that video.

Power

• The power is within you. :D
« Reply #149 on: May 26, 2013, 10:10:20 PM »
I had a dream where I ended up in gensoukyo and learned danmaku.  Reimu taught me but I sucked so I just decided to watch them battle it out.  It was between Marisa and Reimu with Reimu obviously winning out.  After that the dream was blurry and all I remember after that was that I at least got better and there was a party or something.