Author Topic: Touhou Dream Thread  (Read 308302 times)

Ps

• Hiding from LoLK spoilers
Re: Touhou Dream Thread
« Reply #450 on: April 14, 2015, 05:05:04 PM »
In one scene of last night's dream, I walked past a mother and daughter Sekibanki and decided to donate to a Youkai charity.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #451 on: April 18, 2015, 11:10:08 AM »
I've had a dry spell of touhou dreams for a while. I have a feeling that it's to do with me suddenly becoming really really bad at touhou. Nonetheless, I completed POFV on normal mode again and a few days later I dreamt this dream.

I had time travelled to the future and after looking at a clearly CGI Jar Jar Binks, I figured that out. Shortly afterwards I see Yukari Yakumo and Ran Yakumo wandering the streets. Yukari was wearing a zebra pattern fedora to fit in with future fashion but otherwise dressed normally with the same dress she wore in the fighting games and IN. Ran wore her normal clothes. Yukari was basically sight seeing for the first minute before turning to Ran and saying "This is so boring!" and ordered Ran to do something. I then went up to her, put my hands on her shoulders and asked her "what country are you from?" She answered "do you really want to know?" and then disappeared. The rest of the dream was me trying to find my way home.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

Marron

• Ordinary crow
« Reply #452 on: April 19, 2015, 11:29:22 AM »
I've had a fucking weird dream last night. It was full of "small stories" concerning people. One of them being Alice who planned to go to vacation. I don't know how it happened, but two bunnies were in her house and were taking hostage Alice's girl: Medicine. They wanted something: Alice can go to vacation only if she left Medicine with them. If not, they would kill the two. So Alice left Medicine, and there was this camera thing on the bunnies, this thing when you know something terrible will happen to Medicine.(I know it wasn't rape, they intended to do bloody things and all).

Maybe these guys made Alice's girl a doll, and they threw her on the lily white field, where she became a tsukumogami !!

Shadow1176

• Garden of Death
  • Reaper
« Reply #453 on: April 19, 2015, 11:43:46 PM »
I've had two dreams of Touhou so far, the only two that I remember that is. The first of which was Flandre completly and utterly insane, with the SDM burning in the background as her laughs sounded out over the scene, and I'm standing there, sort of like a ghost, unable to manipulate anything, until she looks at me and says in a childish voice, "Would you like to play a game?"
The dream ends after I say yes, and I don't know what happened afterwards.

The second dream is thankfully, much more tame and friendly. I'm at the Hakurei Shrine, as one of my OCs, sipping tea next to Reimu as we watch Suika and Mima playing around, no Danmaku but just just playing tag, their laughter joyful and humorous. I can remember just being at peace with the scene as I sip green tea that tastes like the green tea that I prepare in the morning sometimes, until I wake up after Reimu says something that I can't hear.

I'm not sure why I can only remember those two dreams, but that's what I do remember.
That time, is breakfast time!
My Fanfiction Profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2752493/Shadow1176
My Deviantart Account: http://shadow1176.deviantart.com/

Tribow

• pichuun
« Reply #454 on: April 22, 2015, 02:58:00 AM »
I finally have time to write this down.

I was in a dimly lit room sitting on a table with Satori. We were talking about food, but I never say anything throughout the entire conversation because Satori kept responding to my thoughts before I could say them.

While Satori seemingly talked to herself a knock came from the only door in this room. Satori goes to open the door and I follow behind her. She creaks open the door just enough to see Koishi smiling at the door.

Satori immediately closes the door and grumbles something to herself. With a sigh, she opens the door all the way.

Koishi stood much farther away from the door that time. Once we saw her we started to hear music coming from somewhere.

It sounded like Do it Like This by MEM

Koishi stood there staring at us until the song got to the drop.
Once it did, a montage of Koishi doing Touhou, Lucky Star, and other anime memes played out in front of us. There were even moments where Meiling appeared if there were two people needed to do the meme.
Koishi even did the GEDDAN meme somehow.

After about a minute the montage ended with Koishi and Meiling bowing to us then disappearing.

And with that, I wake up.

oh look at that, new gifs
(I apologize if I made you constantly reload)

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #455 on: April 23, 2015, 11:40:56 AM »
I had a dream about Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom :V
Basically, i was here reading the comments about it (but the background was black with white writings), then i see a link with the "demo".
The game starts without downloading anything, in the middle of a stage. Instead of our usual enemies, there are airplanes and cars shooting at me.
The midboss is an airplane too, while the boss is a blue-skinned metalhead (gender unknown) dressed with leather and spikes, that keeps the "superman pose" in all his/her portraits. Somehow, i knew it was a lunarian, and it looked really weird.
My tought is "ZUN is really mad after all", then i start fighting the boss but i get hit and the dream ends.

« Reply #456 on: April 23, 2015, 03:41:04 PM »
The only dream I remember was that I was in my room watching into a mirror. Instead of my face, I saw  black hair Flandre smiling at me
I wish I could dream more about Gensokyo and still remember them after I wake up :ohdear:.

Shadow1176

• Garden of Death
  • Reaper
« Reply #457 on: April 29, 2015, 04:15:24 PM »
I had another dream just recently, which was about Labyrinth of Touhou 2. Apparently I was playing through the next 8 floors in addition to the normal 21, making it all the way to Floor 29 where I fought a mirror team. Exact same levels, stats, equipment, their names were the same with the addition of Shadow, so "Reimu Hakurei's Shadow", everything. And they were organized by the left and right sides, only four of them. Every time I switched out a character, that corresponding character on the other side was also switched out, to be replaced with the same person. Eventually, it got down to the point where Marisa was the only character left on both sides, able to survive through sheer dodging and a lot of skill points, until I let loose with a Master Spark and defeated them. I didn't get any rewards afterwards, but the cutscene showed the Reimu and Marisa talking and finding a key which unlocked the next door, which led to Floor 30. And just as I get to the staircase, I wake up.
That time, is breakfast time!
My Fanfiction Profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2752493/Shadow1176
My Deviantart Account: http://shadow1176.deviantart.com/

« Reply #458 on: April 29, 2015, 11:47:50 PM »
Hey guys, any tips on how to lucid dream? I would love to try doing it.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #459 on: April 30, 2015, 02:34:40 AM »
Hey guys, any tips on how to lucid dream? I would love to try doing it.

I've been told that dream recollection is the first step to lucid dreaming. Keep a dream diary to remember your dreams more. Also apparently video games help.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #460 on: April 30, 2015, 01:31:12 PM »
I had a few dreams today - after going for 3 nights straight without a proper night's sleep I decided to get as much as possible. Therefor I've had a couple of dreams that I had in a row without really knowing which order they went in. Either way I'm not sure if this is all the one dream or even in the correct order but I've had lots of dreams that continue on from the one before.

The dream started with me working at an office. For some odd reason Goku also had to work - albeit he sat at the quiet side of the office in super saiyan mode. I eventually had to go home and then go out with friends. As I got to them I remembered that I was meant to wear fancy dress and had to tell them that I had no fancy dress. Eventually it lead into me playing this 2d adventure game of Touhou. I was playing as Reisen Udongein Inaba and served Eirin's wishes. Eventually a big plan was in place that I had not been told about and they decided that I was not needed. Kaguya brought out a shotgun and started firing at me. In return I stood inbetween her and Eirin and then moved out the way when she was about to shoot - so she shot Eirin instead. Kaguya promised to make me pay as I escaped. The next day I found myself waking up in a coffin. It was a coffin that hadn't been buried yet though (it was also in the city centre) and I was soon rescued by Shinku from Rozen Maiden.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #461 on: May 01, 2015, 08:59:10 AM »
Had a short nice dream. Alice and Patchouli were living in my flat block. They looked like they were drawn by Millet Soup, but wore modern clothes. Despite the setting, the three of us were researching magic. Alice helped me, but Patchouli acted coldly. Then I had some sort of a success, and Patchouli, this time with a smile, invited me to her place to discuss the details of the spell. I have to say, Patchy looked cute in a knitted sweater.

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #462 on: May 01, 2015, 02:23:40 PM »
I had really weird dream last night.

I dreamed that I was walking at a department store. There were many people going shopping including a middle-aged woman about half-tall as mine with her little son. Then, I heard a loud gunshot from nowhere. Everyone was in a state of panic except the woman who fell down from the gunshot. I cried out for help and a medic came to the rescue. Luckily, the wound was not severe. I told the son that she would be alright. I looked around and saw a man in a black suit holding a gun. I assumed that he must be the gunner who shot the woman. So, I walked towards him but he dropped the gun for some reason and ran away and I courageously ran after him.

Touhou part starts here:

Then suddenly I found myself in the library of my university. The gunner was also there. I also found Koishi (dunno why she was there) sitting on a sofa. I went and talked to her to ask her to catch the gunner. Koishi accepted my request and immediately became invisible due to her subconscious-manipulation ability. After a while, the gunner got caught. Suddenly, my perspective changed to my house. I was also there with Koishi. The gunner was outside standing in a middle of a road. Before we had a chance to catch him the second time, Nitori appeared, walked quietly behind him and fired her Super Scope 3D gun at him point-blank. I later woke up after that.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 02:52:23 PM by Kageshirou »

Tribow

• pichuun
« Reply #463 on: May 01, 2015, 08:17:17 PM »

Then suddenly I found myself in the library of my university. The gunner was also there. I also found Koishi (dunno why she was there) sitting on a sofa. I went and talked to her to ask her to catch the gunner. Koishi accepted my request and immediately became invisible due to her subconscious-manipulation ability. After a while, the gunner got caught. Suddenly, my perspective changed to my house. I was also there with Koishi. The gunner was outside standing in a middle of a road. Before we had a chance to catch him the second time, Nitori appeared, walked quietly behind him and fired her Super Scope 3D gun at him point-blank. I later woke up after that.

Dat moment when Koishi is your dream and you wake up wondering if you were dreaming or not.
Or if you were even sleep.

oh look at that, new gifs
(I apologize if I made you constantly reload)

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #464 on: May 05, 2015, 03:07:45 PM »
I had a dream with a small amount of touhou in it. I ended up having to phone Reimu because me and a friend needed more time in the hotel to finish our coursework. I had known before hand that Reimu and Marisa were staying in the hotel and would move out 1 week before their booked move out date so I had to ask them if we could have their room till we got stuff done. My friend made me phone them up so I did. I phoned them up and could immediately tell by the voice that it was Reimu I was talking to. I remember thinking at the time that Marisa would have either a higher pitched voice (which she usually does every other time I see her) or a lower voice depending on the interpretation. Nonetheless, Reimu introduced herself as Reimu and, after I explained that we needed her room, she asked who I was. I replied, in a big powerful tone, "I am (my first name and 2nd name)" which lead to her replying "oh, that's me." I replied "wait, what?" but she ignored me for the rest of the conversation and explained politely that we had the room. Afterwards I went to tell my friend and the janitor (he was there) then went to finish my coursework.

not 100% sure but my dream 2 days ago may have included a dragon that may have been Marisa at some point. I'm not sure if that actually happened or if I was just imagining things in my dream and came of with that as "something that would be cool" after I saw the dragon.

Yukari, Ran and chen appeared breifly in my dream last night. I can't remember what they did though.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 11:56:46 AM by aListers »

« Reply #465 on: May 11, 2015, 12:46:14 AM »
My dreams have been having more Maribel type experiences...

In one, I randomly saw people from Xenogears, but then I went lucid and flew up on top of a tower.  Even though I did not directly see any Touhous I think I actually used border manipulation.  Usually when I go lucid I have a problem of waking up prematurely.  The usual tricks (such as hand rubbing) don't seem to work but this time I noticed that my collapsing field of view is a type of boundary.  I grabbed it and pulled it open!  When I did this things got clearer, the more I did it the clearer things became.  Then I went through it and things were extremely vivid.  I was in a field in front of some building.  It resembled the environment of my elementary school days.  When things got that vivid I lost track of whether or not I was dreaming and called out to Yukari for help.  Just then everything collapsed beyond my control and I woke up...  I have a good grasp on reality and fiction but that is still creepy yet reassuring at the same time.

Later in another dream I would use it again, this time while flying around random places until I briefly got to see Yuyuko.  It also happened again when I got to go to the Netherworld and see her.

In another one I was on my home street at an intersection and saw Yukari.  In the past she usually played hard to get but this time approached me on sight and kissed me.

In another at a different location it was the same, except for some reason I told her that no matter who I am with in this life I am hers...   Don't ask, I can't really explain it to myself either.

In another one I went out of my room into the hallway and saw Yuyuko in the kitchen and she was quite affectionate.

Then, in another I was at some scrapyard place, but when I went lucid I began to see that boundary again.  Holding it open I went on a wild ride while able to hear her voice speaking to me.  I went to a Star Wars battle flying an A-Wing against imperial TIEs, then descended through Coneria's atmosphere and fought more sci-fi enemies, then was flowing through a tunnel with what looked like red blood vessels before waking up.

Now this one caught me off guard.  I was flying through the desert then came across a structure, inside I sensed Yukari in an office.  She came out, started kissing me and began to tell me things.  She told me that I needed to work on my ability and gain better control of it.  Then, just before I woke up she made a remark that I should fuse with her before I fuse with someone else.  I don't quite know what she meant by that but it caught me completely by surprise.

So yeah, I have really weird dreams...  and those are just the Touhou ones.

« Reply #466 on: May 11, 2015, 12:03:20 PM »
Well, the night before I had what may've been my first Touhou-inspired dream. I was just going to sleep and curiosity got the better of me so I decided "Hey, let's see
if I can use the power of my dreams to open a way to Gensokyo".  So yeah, I focused on pulling a Maribel and...I don't know, the dream's still a bit disjointed and hard
to remember but I do recall this sensation of being "pulled" somewhere.

I do remember playing in the snow with this one Touhou character. I don't remember which one but I do know she has blonde hair (Probably Suwako or maybe even Flandre) and we were laughing while throwing snowballs at each other. It was fun...up until I got hit in the head with a snowball and woke up almost immediately. Strangest part? At the same time that snowball hit me, I felt something else hit me in the real world, and when I looked around...there was nothing there...

And the weirdest part? I think I'm coming down with a cold...does that sound like a coincidence to you guys? I mean, the weather over my way has been pretty cold lately...but I don't
know, it seems like too much of a coincidence...

Oh, and one more thing...I feel like I'm being watched lately, like a few days ago, I swear I saw what looked like a gap out of the corner of my eyes closing up...doesn't help that last night
I think Yukari appeared in my dreams...

« Reply #467 on: May 11, 2015, 08:05:41 PM »
That wasn't Suwako...  It was a different blonde, one I know and love dearly.  XD

And just this morning before waking up...  I dreamed I saw Aya in my kitchen and she was hitting on me hard.  I tried my best to stay true to Yukari but she still got in close.  XP
Aya has been appearing quite a bit recently, almost competing with Yukari and I don't know how to feel but I am quite attracted to her.  In any case...

What you described is very accurate to some of what I experienced.  Sometimes when I am lucid and manage to enter a gap it does feel like being "pulled" through and it gets crazy on the other side.

If this happens enough then I am probably going to found the Sealing Club...  just for sh**s and giggles at the least.  I am scared to do that though for fear of being labelled crazy but it sounds like too much fun, even if it is just for laughs.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #468 on: May 12, 2015, 10:19:43 AM »
Yukari appeared in my dream again - but once. again it was so brief that I can't remember her doing anything. The rest of the dream was about the elder scrolls series.

Had a dream a while ago (a about half an hour maybe) which involved touhou. I was in a castle like place and touhou characters were there too.  I eventually found a little room and found the bar. Suika and Yuugi dressed in maid outfits greeted me. However, I had no reason to be there as I don't drink and wasn't there with anybody. However just as I was walking away from the door, Patchouli saw me and asked if I knew how to get into the bar. I thought it was as simple as opening the door so I did. However, I found the room empty except from the tables and chairs. Patchouli then explained that I need to knock on the door before opening and we were greeted by Suika and Yuugi again. I sat down at a table with the 3 of them. I was given the drink menu and was delighted by the fact that some of the drinks were alcohol free. One they called an "ogre" was on the menu. We chatted for a while about the subject (and a bit about how I enjoyed talking with them) until the dream started fading for me. I tried my hardest to get back into the dream but when I got back, most of the interactivity was gone. The dream was reduced to a point and click adventure game with basic google maps like controls and 2d layered graphics. I did see Alice sitting in the steps in the castle courtyard but I couldn't interact with her.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 07:25:38 PM by aListers »

« Reply #469 on: May 14, 2015, 05:10:38 AM »
When the dream starts to fade is when I would try to manipulate the boundary to prevent that from happening.  Well I get results from it to varying degrees anyways.

My dream this time is that I dreamed I was flying through the air with several Touhou girls, and Okuu was flying very close to Satori, practically tucked under her wing.  Then Gradius related things happened.

Also, there is something else I want to say, but I can't figure out spoiler text usage.  Ah well, I will just say another character has joined our ranks of entering Gensokyo via dreams.

Oh, and did I ever mention the Eientei-like dream I had as a kid before Touhou even existed?

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #470 on: May 14, 2015, 10:47:50 AM »
Also, there is something else I want to say, but I can't figure out spoiler text usage.
Just do this:
Code: [Select]
[spoiler]insert text here[/spoiler]
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #471 on: May 14, 2015, 09:01:24 PM »
Thanks.

Spoiler:
It was that according to the endings, Sumireko seems to have joined our ranks as entering Gensokyo via dreams.  Also, it seems that her name references the Violet flower...  hmm...

Anyhow, just had another encounter where it was a psuedo-false awakening where I went lucid and in that boundary I met Yukari and for some reason Aya.  Dirty details of that are private, though.  XP

Why do I seem to do well with Yukari...  consistently?  And I have these dreams ALL THE TIME!  XD

I am worse than Maribel
Spoiler:
and Sumireko

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #472 on: May 18, 2015, 12:28:53 AM »
When the dream starts to fade is when I would try to manipulate the boundary to prevent that from happening.  Well I get results from it to varying degrees anyways.

Unfortunately, ways to directly manipulate the boundary don't come to me naturally during a dream. Extending the dream state by sleeping is the closest thing I can do as the fade is like a fade to white rather than a direct thing I can get my hands on and change. How do you directly manipulate the boundary?

Either way, for the last 3 days or so I've been having touhou related dreams but I can't remember what actually happened. I know that the first one had something to do with the Lunarians - unfortunately that was as far as I could remember as I had to take my brother to school. Another I don't even remember anything about except from that there was something touhou in there. The latest one featured a genderswap curse/spell which also hit Alice - albeit it was clearly when she was in her PC=98 days. I gave her a hug and went out to solve this crisis but I didn't get too far before waking up. In the end I got stuck in an awkward moment with some dentists and 4 2L bottles of fizzy drinks.

« Reply #473 on: May 18, 2015, 06:32:41 PM »
For me it was quite simple the first time...  I just...  grabbed it with my hands and pulled it open...  Though now I can use more "Yukari-like" methods.

I just woke up right now and was flying aimlessly through random parts of Gensokyo, randomly going to different locations, including locations outside Gensokyo proper.  Did I ever mention how being in Gensokyo has this eerie yet enchanting feeling?

The day before however I had a dream where there was a thunderstorm and I had to bring Yukari inside before lightning hit her.  Not that it would do anything but it was natural instinct to do such a thing.  Got a few moments with her before the dream dropped into something else.

And I don't know if I mentioned the dream yet where I went to the moon and was messing around for a bit, eating a couple peaches right in front of the Watatsuki Sisters' faces and apparently they could do nothing about it....  Hey, don't look at me like that!  It is not like I actually caused Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom or anything...  And before anyone asks, I had that dream at least a year or two ago.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #474 on: May 19, 2015, 03:10:57 PM »
I had a nap today and dreamt of a youtube video series which got together many characters and made them fight to the death in rounds.  Although me and Alice (or at least the characters representing us) were  put into the same round, we never fought each other. I got killed quite fast after I just decided to kill everything (I got stabbed in the back afterwards). Alice survived her round and ended up licking the wounds of a dead Orin afterwards for some reason. Even the characters in the video questioned what she was doing but she just replied "nya" and turned into a catgirl. Eventually Alice won. In the end I thought that it was probably for the best.

« Reply #475 on: May 22, 2015, 04:55:47 AM »
Wow that dream was messed up!  And the only things I remember involving Orin I have had in any recent time was seeing her in my house and...   won't say the rest, lol.

But yeah, over the past couple days I caught a glimpse of Yukari as well as seeing Yuyuko...  show herself off in a doctor's office...

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #476 on: May 22, 2015, 11:44:46 AM »
I had another dream, but the only thing i remember is that the Moon-Gensokyo war of LoLK ended when a viking cut off Toyohime's head with his axe.

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #477 on: May 22, 2015, 12:50:35 PM »
Why my dream has always been about catching criminals lately?

I dreamed that I was at a street, walking with Kagerou. We talked about some stuffs. Some time later, we witnessed a thief snatching a purse from a woman. The crowd at the street, including the woman,  were screaming in shock and horror. My perspective then suddenly changed to Kagerou's. She placed her hands on the floor and started running after the thief like a dog. The running was so blindly fast that I felt dizzy even though I was not the one running. The next 10 minutes was nothing but chase scenes. Afterwards, the thief was cornered and he took out his knife and a fight ensued. When Kagerou seemed to gain the upper hand and successfully overpower the thief, he revealed his time-bomb planted inside his chest. The timer was nearly at zero! Kagerou immediately jumped away from the thief and he exploded. Luckily, the explosion radius was not wide enough. After that, I saw myself reaching at the fight scene then I woke up.

I like how I was completely out of focus in that dream.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #478 on: May 23, 2015, 01:42:27 AM »
I dreamt I was Shinmyoumaru walking through a rainforest, then I visited a light pink house which was also a cake shop. Inside was a small, pink haired fairy with blue eyes that repeated "Doremy Sweet" (I think) over and over. Then I went into the basement which had kimonos and other articles of Japanese clothing floating out of it and read about a German architect named Adolf Hitler.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #479 on: May 23, 2015, 04:26:30 AM »
I dreamt that I was playing LoLK's full version, and the game had Final Boss A and Final Boss B. I fought Boss A and guess who it was

Spoiler:
Yorihime

Her battle background looked like a bunch of yellow clouds with light coming from the sky. I didn't manage to see Final Boss B, but it was probably Toyohime.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 04:28:32 AM by Maiden Synnae ミ☆ »

Sweetness and love~ ♥