Author Topic: Touhou Dream Thread  (Read 308074 times)

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Re: Touhou Dream Thread
« Reply #360 on: May 18, 2014, 05:51:29 PM »
I spent $170 on a wireless headset for my iPhone. Turns out it also does a FANTASTIC job with lucid dream induction.

...Unfortunately, my dream recall is pretty bad at the moment. I had it earlier, didn't write it down.

I remember one was me working in an office and I handed a signed contract to... Marisa? Who was apparently my boss? Really weird one, that.

The next one... the next one had Touhou. That is ALL I remember now.

2/2 so far

My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #361 on: May 18, 2014, 06:12:45 PM »
After having 3 dreams in a row, 2 of which were game of thrones related, I finally have a touhou dream. Unfortunatley I regret it greatly and it's almost all NSFW so I think I'll keep it to myself. It has taught me that I'm not sexually attracted to men though so I'm not bisexual - unfortunatley.

What I will say is that it was about as lucid as you could get without actually being lucid. I didn't think it was a dream because I actually thought it would last a long time. I even made long term plans. My dream did involve Sakuya and Meiling.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #362 on: May 18, 2014, 06:26:02 PM »
Personally, I'm just surprised it worked so well. My headset.

I'm going to grab lunch, then a nap, then report back.
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

« Reply #363 on: May 18, 2014, 08:37:55 PM »
Well, a while ago I had a dream after being on a Minecraft server that was centered around Touhou.

So I was in a very small room filled with Lapis Lazuli (but the textures were connected) and there was a white light (like an exit) on the corner of the room, most likely this was a PvP arena.

I was battling Mamizou in a fight (no danmaku or spell cards) and gravity was low so we could jump reasonably high (that happens often in my dreams,), basically we chased each other around until I came up to her and knocked her out. I win :D

My new strategy for dreams about Touhou: Get absorbed by the community and fanbase.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #364 on: May 18, 2014, 09:02:27 PM »
Personally, I'm just surprised it worked so well. My headset.

I'm going to grab lunch, then a nap, then report back.

I'd hope that $170 would be worth it. After waiting so long you deserve to at least have a dream you can write down. It's cool that you're starting to have dreams again - especially having a touhou one so soon.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #365 on: May 18, 2014, 09:03:24 PM »
I'd hope that $170 would be worth it. After waiting so long you deserve to at least have a dream you can write down. It's cool that you're starting to have dreams again - especially having a touhou one so soon.

The money was not for lucid dreaming. It was because I'm sick of my earbuds breaking.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #366 on: May 18, 2014, 09:18:21 PM »
The money was not for lucid dreaming. It was because I'm sick of my earbuds breaking.

Yes but for any headset $170 is an extreme amount of money. I'm glad you got a secondary use out of them like that if you spent that kind of money.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #367 on: May 20, 2014, 09:30:55 AM »
Sorry to double post but I've had a new Touhou dream. Because my PC is currently broken, I'm going to go into more detail at the non-touhou parts so I can copy and paste it into my dream diary when it's fixed.

It started off with a riot about sombody's house being knocked down. Then the police started killing people. I was observing all of this in a room with a giant window. Some Communist big names were in the room with me and I had a political debate with Che Guevara - or at least I think it was him. Later we needed to get out of the place because it now had no laws. I escaped with either Alice or my cousin and constantly tried to avoid getting killed by facists and racists.

Eventually we escaped and got to a safe area. I was then invited to a cafe by Marisa. I went with her and saw that Reimu had brought a friend with her aswell. We all largley ignored each other though. I think there was another Touhou character there aswell but I can't remember who.

Eventually it ended with me going to see St. Johnstone (Scottish cup winners) vs Arsenal (English FA cup winners) and getting good seats by signing up as a St. Johnstone substitute.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:35:44 AM by aListers »

« Reply #368 on: May 21, 2014, 01:27:57 AM »
I tried to dream about Touhou by looking at here. Instead, I ended up dreaming reading the thread XD

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #369 on: May 21, 2014, 03:13:16 AM »
That's... Kind of weird :V did you dream about me, you know, the guy who posts in this thread once every millenium?
I know I've been out of the Touhou scene for quite a while, but come on, I haven't had a dream about it in almost a year! And to think that a year ago I was having those weird Time Crisis-themed dreams with weaponry I could actually recognize and remember. I kind of miss those times.

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #370 on: May 25, 2014, 09:37:28 AM »
I had another touhou dream but this time, because the dream was so long, I don't remember much of the touhou bit.

I remember that it was kind of a parallel universe thing. Both me and Alice Margatroid were in similar situations. I had a few people with me to help while I don't think Alice did. She did have her grimoire and possibly a doll thugh. We both did similar things to solve similar problems. Her problems were more magic based while mine were more practical.

Siro

• Not your usual oni.
  • Captured by spirits.
« Reply #371 on: May 26, 2014, 11:39:49 AM »
Had an interesting dream about one of my friends bringing a "Make your own Utsuho Reiuji" thing to school. I would like to know how it would've worked if it wasn't for my stupid alarm.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #372 on: May 31, 2014, 05:52:30 AM »
So...a book written by Yukari somehow found its way into my hands in a dream I had recently. I remember reading it, it was about sleep and lucid dreaming, but little of it stayed in memory after I woke up.

« Reply #373 on: June 01, 2014, 02:55:42 PM »
I had a dream last night where I was somehow with Patchouli, and she led me to a secret attic with some other people, but I couldn't see. She cast 'light' spells, but they obviously did nothing due to the nature of her magic. She led us up some wooden stairs to a generator with some Tenshi 'emblem.' I asked whether I would get a replica of the Hisou no Tsurugi, but she said that I would not, and that I was to refer to Tenshi as 'Lieutenant Hinanawi.' That was it.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #374 on: June 02, 2014, 05:51:39 AM »
Another time I saw Kyouko using this spellcard where she froze bullets into multicoloured chunks of crystal and similar somethings. It was a rather fascinating spell card.
And then there was another dream I had of accessing the Phantasm stage of PCB via a hidden option in the SA option menu. All I could recall was the stage appeared to be situated in Former Hell...

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #375 on: June 02, 2014, 06:49:53 AM »
Another time I saw Kyouko using this spellcard where she froze bullets into multicoloured chunks of crystal and similar somethings. It was a rather fascinating spell card.
And then there was another dream I had of accessing the Phantasm stage of PCB via a hidden option in the SA option menu. All I could recall was the stage appeared to be situated in Former Hell...

It's official. Touhou fans seem to buck the rules of dreams, which state that "screens do not work in dreams". As all of my dreams have involved them in some way, I say that's bunk. ...ANYWAY, headphones are going on come tomorrow, when I take an afternoon nap. I'll report any dreams during that period.

Fuyuumi

• A fairy pichuu'ed me.
« Reply #376 on: June 04, 2014, 11:14:12 AM »
My last dream was about me snuggling with Imouto-sama. Aside from few small kisses to cheek from her (hopefully) nothing happened

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #377 on: June 04, 2014, 01:34:53 PM »
It's official. Touhou fans seem to buck the rules of dreams, which state that "screens do not work in dreams". As all of my dreams have involved them in some way, I say that's bunk. ...ANYWAY, headphones are going on come tomorrow, when I take an afternoon nap. I'll report any dreams during that period.

Darling, I think the rule of thumb is that fans of Touhou always enjoy burning rules at the stake.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #378 on: June 05, 2014, 08:01:16 AM »
I had a dream where I was discussing what actually happens during a spell card. Things were brought up like what angles bullets are shot at and the full 3D effects of the spell card. This is also the first time I got to see any of Alice's dolls because I was looking at how it shoots it's danmaku.

Afterwards I played a bit of Touhou in my dream. I don't know if the spell card I was up against was real though. The closest thing I can think of to it is the non-spell card that Reimu does in IN where the bullets are teleported and reflected. Replace the square things with long pill shaped bullets and have Alice's dolls shoot/reflect them.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #379 on: June 11, 2014, 09:08:18 AM »
Sorry to double post but I had another dream. The Touhou bit was quite small but it nonetheless happened.

The dream's whole plot revolved around a youkai whale corpse that had been found. A group of kids (Including me and Reimu) were organised to decide what to do about it. We all got around an oval table to discuss what to do about it. I saw the whale as a treasure that a youkai pirate had buried a long time ago. While I wanted to dig the whale up, Reimu was opposed to that action I believe. She gave a speech to the whole group and I can't remember much of it. I do remember that it was truthful, not to the point that I agreed, but to the point that I respected. I stood up and said "that's the first time I've heard her tell the truth in this thing!" then started clapping. The rest of the table started clapping with me. In the end we retrieved the whale and found out it was a fake - the skeleton was made of wood. Afterwards I played around in a supermarket and all the kids split up.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #380 on: June 13, 2014, 08:47:41 AM »
Sorry to triple post but I seem to be on a roll. It's probably because of the times I'm waking up at, now that I'm essentialy a neet until I get a job or university starts.

The basis of the story seems to be a competition where at the end you get a wish. I was in it to save Alice Margatroid though as she had entered the competition. It was a basic obstacle course but with people (or aliens) who would use more dangerous means to stop you. I remember that there was a female villian in this dream but I can't remember anything about her. For the first part of the dream I was far behind Alice. I managed to dodge the alien attacks but Alice didn't at one point. She was at one point hypnotised to forget me. The main female villian put an illusionary Shanghai doll on her head and had a conversation with Alice. As soon as I caught up, The villian disappeared - along with the shanghai doll. Alice began to cry and blame me for the doll's disappearance. I hugged her, pretended to cry and said that I wanted to see it as much as she did. We continued on the course together and I regained her trust. I eventually decided that if I accidently win then my wish would be to "be together with Alice." Eventually we reached the end of the course. It turned out that we didn't get wishes at the end. Instead, we got to trade in old medals for new ones. I'm sure that these medals were just biscuits with icing on them though. Alice picked her's and then I picked mine. I picked one that I had made in my early years as a child. It was a map of the world with a phrase and possibly the ensignia of an organisation I made when I was a kid. I kind of thought that the colouring of the map looked like Patchouli with it's purple and the accidental spots of yellow. Alice picked one with a skull and some writing at the bottom of it. It looked like it was in Japanese but I'm not sure. She fidgeted with it while looking at it. I wasn't really sure why she put herself through the course for it. It must have been important in some way. Unfortunatley I didn't get to find out how because the dream switched to a plot about a few X-men who left the X-men after the Iraq war.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #381 on: June 13, 2014, 12:58:16 PM »
So there was this odd one quite recently where Kancolle added new ships and they looked like Seija and Yukari...

« Reply #382 on: June 14, 2014, 11:39:34 PM »
I had died and was being judged by Eiki. It wasn't good.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
« Reply #383 on: June 15, 2014, 02:28:54 AM »
My dream last night was actually kind of odd, and might be rather creepy for some of you.
I shall describe it as much as I can. It's Touhou-related because Renko, Maribel and Yukari were in it.

It looked sort of like a different version of Live-A-Live, a game by Square Soft.

----------

It really was a video game, with me playing it no less.
The game was sort of a clone of Live-A-Live, except that each of the chapters were replaced by seven different video games. To clarify...
There's the Friendship Chapter, which is a retell of Earthbound;
the Adventure Chapter, a retell of Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening;
the Demon Hunter Chapter, which is Devil May Cry;
the Dream Chapter, Final Fantasy 10;
the Love Chapter, Disgaea: Hour Of Darkness;
the Truth Chapter is... gulp... Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty;
the War Chapter, as much as I know, was a fictional game that I "played" in my imaginations for the past 2 years. I called it "STICK: Extinction"
And like Live-A-Live, an eighth chapter was unlocked upon beating those seven. The eighth chapter is... well...

Fantasy Chapter: Touhou Project
The Fantasy Chapter wasn't a retelling of any one of the Touhou games. Instead, it's sort of like Renko Usami living through the lives of those seven protagonists, one of which would've caused a normal person to go insane (and I thought Oersted from Live-A-Live had it bad..)

You know how there is a room at the Devil's Peak in Live-A-Live that contains the statues of all seven final bosses? Well, I still came across that same room, but after going past the statue of Oersted, which has replaced Odio's, I find myself (controlling Renko) in a room, with the statues of...
My gosh...

Gigyas, from Earthbound;
Ganondorf, from Legend Of Zelda. Specifically, Link's Awakening;
Mundus, from Devil May Cry;
Yu Yevon, from Final Fantasy 10;
Archangel Vulcanus, from Disgaea: Hour of Darkness;
Solidus Snake, from Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty;
and of course, the antagonist of  my imagined game, whom I call "General Stickler"

They all have "*noun* Of Sin" as one of their attacks during their respective battles, which they clearly don't have in their original games.
Gigyas: Curse Of Sin; Ganondorf: Runes Of Sin; Mundus: Hells Of Sin; Yu Yevon: Choirs Of Sin; Archangel Vulcanus: Wings Of Sin; Solidus Snake: Blades Of Sin; and General Stickler: Guns Of Sin.

That aside, "Demon King Odio" played in the background during the cutscenes before the final boss battles, and you know which music played in the final boss battles?
"Megalomania", instead of the final bosses' own themes.

Back on topic, I proceeded through that room, and entered another room, this one with the statue of the game's Odio equivalent. It has a secret door on it's pedestal, just like Odio's. I guessed the final boss battle is coming, so I saved before proceeding through the followed up corridor.

And I'm at the top of Devil's Peak, with Yukari Yakumo standing where Straybow/ Odio should have been.

I don't remember the following conversation, but I can remember that Yukari said something about taking away everything Renko cared, which sent Renko into a fit of rage, and she vowed to put the Gap Hag to "an eternal sleep!" Boss battle ensues. I, as Renko, won.
After the battle, Yukari said something about how she's supposed to be undefeatable, before she exploded in a shower of Danmaku, and reverts back into Maribel.
Renko rushed up to Maribel's side, still calling her Merry.
Merry asked Renko what happened, and she replies by saying that she (Maribel) has finally woken up from a dream.
Just as they both decide to go home, a completely original character from earlier in the chapter fired a shot from off-screen at Maribel with a hunting rifle, and then...
Maribel drops dead, lying in her own pool of blood.
Both Yukari Yakumo and Maribel Hearn has been slain...

Said OC, called Black Fox, appears from the only entrance to the Peak, hunting rifle pointed at the dead Maribel. Black Fox then declares that he has liberated Gensokyo from communism.
Renko has a flash back of everything she went through in her chapter. How she was pulled into a gambit, how she lost what she treasured most, how she lost the Outside World to Yukari's militants...
...And how she has just been betrayed by the one she trusted most...

Renko drops, knee and hand on the ground.

Renko: "I have nothing left..."
"Nobody to love... Nowhere to go..."
"Nothing to care about..."
"Absolute nothingness..."
"Nothing..."
"Nothing but sins..."
(italics represents her voice getting more like a wicked witch's)

Black Fox: "?!"

At that moment, several attack helicopters, piloted by Sinsacks, appeared in the background, all pointing their miniguns and missiles at Renko.

Sinsack: "Avenge Lady Yukari!"

Renko emotionlessly stabs the magic staff, her main weapon in the Fantasy Chapter, into the ground. Demonic blue aura emits from her body...

Renko: "The realms have seen enough of the filthy sins..."
"...And I will erase all traces of it..."

Maribel's/ Yukari's corpse turns into a yellow energy sphere.

Renko: "With the powers of she who traverses dreams..."
"...She who controls the boundaries of all..."

Reimu's Ying-Yang Orb flies out of Renko's inventory.

Renko: "...The core of the so-called Eastern Wonderland..."

Two more energy spheres, one white and one purple, flies out of her inventory.

Renko: "...The powers of the so called Moriya goddesses..."
"...The demon goddess of Makai..."

All the objects merge into one multi-colored sphere.

Renko: "...And..."
"...THESE SINS!"

The new sphere merges with Renko. A flash occurs in that split second, and...
Renko is still humanoid, but judging from the change in her overworld sprite (red eyes, grayish hair, and what looked like demonic talons), I guess she isn't human anymore...

"Demon King Odio" starts playing in the background.

Renko: "From now on..."
"I am no longer Renko Usami..."
"I am..."
"...The Keeper Of Space And Time..."
"...MEDIATOR SIN!"

Sinsacks: "Shoot her!

Renko get's peppered with minigun bullets and missiles, but none of them even makes her flinch despite being direct hits.

Renko: "Foolish sentient beings..."
"...When will you be remorseful of your Sins...?"
"DISAPPEAR!"

The Sinsacks and their helis literately vanished into thin air, and that's where my dream self ask myself "By playing this game... What have I done?"

Black Fox unloaded his hunting rifle at the no-longer human Renko. The bullets all ricochet off her body. Black Fox throws the rifle off the Peak, and proceeds to unload his revolver into her.

Renko: "You, like all these sentient beings..."
"...Should never have existed..."
"ROT IN THE DEPTHS OF THIS SO CALLED PARADISE!"

The screen goes black, Black Fox's scream, without subtitles, was heard (the game has legit voice acting). When the Devil's Peak was shown again, Black Fox was gone, and Renko is facing the statue of the Demon King. Credits for the Fantasy Chapter rolls, ZUN was credited with the production of Touhou, so are the VA of the 2hus. At the end of the credits...

Renko: "It isn't just humans..."
"...But all sentient beings..."
Humans, Youkai, Demons, Celestials, Goddesses, Space Aliens..."
"...Even Dolls, Robots, Computers..."
"...And..."

She turns around, and ends her sentence with a breaking of the Fourth Wall.

"...YOU!"
"...The one looking at a computer screen!"
"...Are you satisfied with the results?!"
"I dare you..."
"...To come..."
"...AND FIGHT ME!"
"WITH YOUR SO CALLED PROTAGONIST!

She causes a Blue Screen Of Death, which spooked me out. But calmed down when I accidentally hit Shift 5 times and brought up the StickyKeys windows. I closed the StickyKeys window, and pressed enter. Turns out the BSOD was a fake, like the Fission Mailed screen from the Truth Chapter. The screen goes black again, and the title of the entire game appeared.

GAME-A-LIVE (with the LIVE written backwards, which made it looked like EVIL)

Save menu appears. I saved the game over my previous save, and the save file turned to show "Renko Usami cleared; *all eight characters in complete brown to signify the end of their respective chapters*; Location: Finale Protagonist Select Screen"

And I was taken back to the character selection, except the text at the top now says "Select Finale Protagonist".
Renko Usami was among the selectables, but I think her finale will play out like Oersted's.
The other Protagonists were there too: Ness, Link, Dante, Tidus, Laharl, Raiden, and LT (the last one being from my imagined game)

-------------

I was going to select Renko and see what she will say, but that's when I woke up IRL.
Still on my bed, I asked myself: "What the hell?!"

How will you react, if you found out that the Antagonists of all video games are incarnations of one single being?

I have a feeling it will continue next time I sleep...
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #384 on: June 15, 2014, 10:50:24 AM »
I was going to select Renko and see what she will say, but that's when I woke up IRL.
Still on my bed, I asked myself: "What the hell?!"

How will you react, if you found out that the Antagonists of all video games are incarnations of one single being?

I have a feeling it will continue next time I sleep...

Hopefully you will. That was some dream. You managed to get it really detailed. I always forget the details that you've managed to describe - or at least forget the order they happened in. I would love to play that game.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #385 on: June 15, 2014, 02:25:06 PM »
Hopefully you will. That was some dream. You managed to get it really detailed. I always forget the details that you've managed to describe - or at least forget the order they happened in. I would love to play that game.

Do you even know what Live-A-Live is? It's a RPG made for Super Nintendo Entertainment System, developed by Square Soft, now called Square Enix.
Anyways, I'm about to sleep again. I'll see how the Final Chapter of Game-A-Live turns out...

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #386 on: June 15, 2014, 10:30:35 PM »
Seija gets run over by a car because she walked at the red light. See, not the best time to be a contrarian.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #387 on: June 16, 2014, 08:32:55 AM »
I really had a continuity of the same dream. It's as thought there was some meaning to it...

-----------

I was back at my computer, booting it up, then starting to play GAME-A-LIVE.
I loaded the same save, and I was back to the Finale Protagonist Select Screen.

I picked Renko Usami as the Finale Protagonist, who at that point, has already became an Antagonist.
Her version of the finale begins...

Several lightning strikes flash over the black screen, and after the sixth flash, the screen showed Renko, in her Mediator Sin appearance, standing on top the Demon King Statue, overlooking Gensokyo...
Or rather, what used to be Gensokyo...
The world is now a mix-match of the realms of those eighth video games. To summarize it...
Eagleland from Earthbound; Forbidden Jungle from Legend Of Zelda; that village I don't remember the name from Devil May Cry; The Calm Lands from Final Fantasy 10; Overlord's Castle from Disgaea: Hour Of Darkness; The Big Shell from Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty; and that final location of my imagine game which is the enemies' headquarters; etc...
...All stuffed into one world...

What's all, the game no longer registers the Devil's Peak as "Devil's Peak". The text now says "Distorted Dimension: World's End"

Renko: "These sentient beings should never have existed..."
"Mindless animals at least only cause damage for the sake of survival..."
"But sentient beings... Humans or not..."
"They never tire of destruction..."
"Some even do it out of boredom..."
"...Thinking they can do whatever they want..."
"...Treating the worlds..."
"...No, treating the realms as though they were sandboxes..."
"...Treating everyone as their pawns..."
"...Even those who fed them..."

Renko turns around.

"Only the winners can write history!"
"As such..."
"THE PLAYERS SHALL BECOME PAWNS, AND THE PAWNS SHALL BECOME PLAYERS!"

The final chapter overworld BGM starts playing in the background. I gained control of Renko again. Like with Oersted's finale, I think I was supposed to descend back to that room with the chapters' final bosses' statues, which in the Fantasy Chapter was tagged as "Hall Of Sin".
I'm in the corridor leading back down to the room, which is now tagged as "Distorted Dimension: To The World". I then appeared in the room with the statue of the game's Odio equivalent, which you should have identified as Mediator Sin. That room is called "Distorted Dimension: Altar Of Sin". Proceeding down the hall...
It's still "Hall Of Sin", except for the additional "Distorted Dimension" in the front.

"Demon King Odio" starts playing in the background.

Renko: "It is time..."
"That Sins begone!"

Like with Oersted to the Odio incarnations, Renko went to each of the Mediator Sin incarnations...

Giygas.
"Friends are for sinners, and sinners they are..."
"...And all sinners are to be erased from existence..."
"YE WHO CURBS ALL RELATIONSHIPS!"
"MAKE YOUR OWN HISTORY!"

Giygas's statue emits a red aura, and it's eyes glows red. Battle begins. The scene cuts to the cutscene before Ness battles Giygas... Same thing is said...
Except that when the battle begins, I was controlling Giygas!
In GAME-A-LIVE, Giygas was level 28 and I ended the Friendship Chapter with Ness at 25. But stacked with Renko's Level 150, Giygas became Level 178, and absolutely trashes the Earthbound party!

Battle ends, and I decided that Gannondorf is up next...
"Hope is for the weak..."
"...And the weak are the sins..."
"YE WHO CONTROLS ALL!"
"MAKE YOUR OWN HISTORY!"

Same thing with Ganondorf. Ganon was Level 35 in this game, Link at 29 when I win his chapter. Once again, stacked with Renko's 150, Ganondorf became 185, and trashes Link as well (along with Navi and Zelda, who were party members in this game).

Up next is Mundus...
"Sacrifices are to be made..."
"...In order to curb all sins..."
"YE WHO TRAPS THE TRUE SINNERS!"
"MAKE YOUR OWN HISTORY!"

Same with Mundus, he was Level 50, with my Dante at 50 as well. Stacked with Renko's levels, Mundus became 200 and trashes the Demon Hunter.

Then Yu Yevon...
"Your realm is practically made of Sins..."
"...And you are born to eradicate it..."
"YE WHO DREAMS BUT IS AWAKE!"
"MAKE YOUR OWN HISTORY!"

Again with Yu Yevon, who was Level 55. In this game's version of the battle, he was immune to Zombification, and the FFX party didn't have permanent Auto-Life even though the spell exists in this game. What's all, the Yu Pagodas were level 40, but is immune to all damage, and counters every hit with "Curse" I remember from the same dream playthrough that I had to keep on debuffing him to neutralize his self-Curaga (which in this game covers 3 X 3 and creates Healing Tiles). Stacked with Renko's levels, he became 205. Tidus, at Level 64, and his party, capped at around 60, was trashed by the constant use of Ultima, which covers the whole field with Neutral Damage Tiles.

Proceeding on with Archangel Vulcanus...
"Absolute peace can only be achieved by a willful ruler..."
"...Ideals of peace via alliances are for the weak!"
"YE WHO WISHES TO DESTROY EVIL!"
"MAKE YOUR OWN HISTORY!"

No need to say, I'm playing the guy again. The Archangel is Level 75, and my Laharl at 91 (because I fought Tyrant Baal first). Vulcanus became 225 as a result of the stacking, and trashes Laharl and co. Sorry, Gordon...

Cut to Solidus Snake...
"Liberty is only possible..."
"...When there are no players to control the pawns..."
"YE WHO WANTS TO BECOME A PLAYER!"
"MAKE YOUR OWN HISTORY!"

Ditto with Solidus. The guy's at Level 45, and Raiden at 37. The stacking causes Solidus to become Level 195, and he trashes Raiden. So much for the Patriots and Revolver Ocelot...

Lastly, the antagonist of my imagined game: General Stickler.
"Only the rightful owners of the world can rule it..."
"To achieve that, extinction of the false is necessary..."
"YE WHO PLANS TO RECLAIM THE WORLD!"
"MAKE YOUR OWN HISTORY!"

Battle begins. Stickler is Level 100, LT Level 111. Bolstered by Renko's levels, the General became Level 250, and trashed the man I wished to be the Ultimate Badass of video games...

With all the battles reversed, Renko then turns back toward the screen...
"Only a sinless world can be called paradise..."
"...Yet, this sinful world, Gensokyo, is called one..."
"...What a lie..."
"...Tis' the fate it and it's inhabitants deserves..."

Credits roll. A remix of "Wings That Don't Reach" mixed with Renko's theme plays in the background. The creators and VAs of the 7 original games were listed in the credits. Like Oersted, Renko visited the locations where each of the Protagonists would've started...
Ending with the Hakurei Shrine...

SAD END

Then I'm back at the title screen, reloaded the save, selected Renko again because I wanted to see the game's Armageddon Ending.
I picked one of the final bosses to do it. Got that boss's HP below one third, and selected the option that has replaced the Run command.
Fight
Pass
Items
>Data Corrupt

The world of those seven video games proceeds to get erased same way Oersted would've done. Credits roll. Then...

"In the end..."
"Everything was corrupted beyond recovery..."

Back at the title screen. Loaded the save again. Was going to play the finale legitimately, then...

-----------

I woke up...
"That's some philosophy on video gaming..."

You know what's creepy?
Not only is Renko, as Mediator Sin, calling us video gamers "Sinners"...
The Data Corrupt Ending was supposed to signify the purge of all video games...

What was my subconscious telling me?

« Reply #388 on: June 16, 2014, 03:49:12 PM »
That you really need to play fewer video games.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #389 on: June 17, 2014, 01:20:58 PM »
I'm having a continuation of the same dream, again!
But this time, I'm not going to cram the whole thing into one post. My computer almost crashed while typing my last 2 post due to the sheer amount of text.

----------

So I was back to my dream game of GAME-A-LIVE. But I paused the game and minimized it's window because I wanted to see everyone's version of the Final Chapter intro on Youtube.

In the order they were shown on that video...

Ness
So the Earthbound party was at Orange Kid's house, and Orange was working on that useless music box of his.
Orange Kid asked Ness why he came. Ness replied by saying what's wrong with visiting a friend, then asks if he'd like to have some soda.
Then, the screen darkens, only Ness remained unaffected by the darkness.
"It is time...
"Ye who make the ties of relationship..."
"Blinded by the foolishness that is sentience..."
"I invite you..."
"...To come see the fate of Protagonists!"

And Ness vanishes. The rest of the Earthbound party was dumbfounded by his sudden vanishing, and Orange Kid asks if anything like this has happened before, which the party responds in unison with "never..."

Ness reappears in that limbo, tagged as "World's Beginning", wondering what just happened and where he is. He then decides that he must find a way out.
After finding that stair and climbing it, Ness's spawn point in the final chapter was revealed to be... Outside Alice Margatroid's house.

Cuts to Link...
Link was minding his own business in his long-dead grandmother's house, when Navi and a nameless villager came in.
The random villager was requesting Link to hunt down the rest of Ganondorf's servants, and Navi said that they were last seen in the Forbidden Forest.
Then, screen darkens with Link remaining lighted.
"It is time...
"Ye who fights for hope..."
"I invite you..."

Link vanishes, the villager and Navi exclaims that it is impossible, as Ganon is confirmed dead.

Link appears in the limbo. He exclaims the same thing, and also decides to find his way out of it.
After climbing the same stair, Link's spawn point is... the bottom of the Hakugyokurou staircase, next to a sign.

Dante's turn...
Dante, Nero and Lucia was surrounded by demons, and the three Demon Hunters were boxed into the middle of the swarm. Lucia tells the other two to get ready.
Then, screen darkens. Again with Dante...
"It is time..."
"Ye who combats the darkness..."
"I invite you..."

Dante vanishes. Nero and Lucia exclaims "What demon sorcery is this?!" before being swarmed by the demons.

Dante is in the limbo. He also exclaims it, and vows to destroy the demon that possesses this sorcery. Little did he know that it was something greater than even the devil...
Dante's spawn point is... Pandemonium, Makai. A fountain near the entrance of Shinki's palace.

Tidus's turn.
This one was easy to describe. It was basically the true ending of Final Fantasy X-2 from his perspective instead of Yuna's.
Same thing happens with him...
"It is time..."
"Ye who exist but as a dream..."
"I invite you..."

Tidus vanishes. Yuna just stands there, sorrow taken over her once again. The Fayth appears to tell Yuna that he has nothing to do with what just happened.

Tidus in the limbo. He wanders "What now?!", when the Fayth spoke to him in voice only. The Fayth tells him that he is no longer in Spira, not even in the Farplane, before the voice suddenly gets cut off by silence. Tidus tells himself that he's truly alone now...
Tidus's spawn point... The base of Youkai Mountain, next to an accessible riverbed.

Now for Laharl.
I believe it was sometime before Disgaea 2 begins, judging by how Etna wants to dessert the prince-turned-Overlord. Flonne was standing next to Laharl. The prince was going to yell at Etna angrily, when...
That darkness dawns on Laharl...
"It is time..."
"Ye who is taught the value of love..."
"I invite you..."

Laharl vanish. Etna turns around to find the prince no longer there. Flonne was giving that anime-confuse look while telling Etna that Laharl "simply disappeared..."

Laharl in limbo. He exclaims "Wh... what is this place?!" He then says that whoever bought him here will be obliterated by him, because he does what he wants, when he wants.
Laharl's spawn point... The Youkai Mountain Peak...

Going to Raiden...
Raiden and Rosemary was taking a walk pass Times Square (as shown with the Jumbotron being there), when suddenly, an incoming Codec call, from Solid Snake.
This is where I believe that this scene occurred just a few weeks after the Truth Chapter, because nobody mentioned anything about MGS4. Anyways, Solid Snake asks Raiden how he is adjusting to civilian life, which he replies with "Just fine." Snake was apparently going to tell him about the Patriots...
Then...
"It is time..."
"Ye who lived your life in lies..."
"I invite you..."

Raiden's side of the Codec went dead as a result of him vanishing. Snake quickly tells Otacon to call Raiden ASAP.

Raiden in limbo. He recalls how Revolver Ocelot says there's no such thing as magic, and "guess that debunks it once and for all..."
Codec established, frequency is 666.66. Otacon tells how Raiden's vanishing is not logical on all spectrum of science. Frequency number jumps between the save frequency and 666.66. Raiden asks where he is, which Otacon replies with him being no longer on Earth. Codec encounters disruption, and goes dead again.
Raiden knows that he is now on a solo mission with no mission control.
Raiden's spawn point: The Hakurei Shrine.

Lastly, the protagonist of my imagine game: LT.
The STICK War has finally ended, and LT was going to hold a press conference with the leaders of each nation of the 22nd century. He was just halfway through his speech, when...
"It is time..."
"Ye who fights for the peace..."
"I invite you..."
"...To come see the fate of Protagonists!

LT vanishes. The whole world plunged into panic soon after.

LT in limbo. He is contacted by his right hand man who is a party member in the War Chapter. The right hand man told him that he may have been a victim of the Bermuda Effect. Then the comms start to break down and went dead. LT is savvy to know that he is in another realm.
LT's spawn point: the camp site of Black Fox, which is located somewhere in the Forest of Magic.

----------

The video ends, and I woke up IRL with another cliffhanger.
"Eh......"
The Protagonists of seven different video games franchises team up to defeat the Keeper of Space and Time.
Is there some other meaning behind it?

I hope to get it answered next time I sleep...