Author Topic: Touhou Dream Thread  (Read 306286 times)

Re: Touhou Dream Thread
« Reply #330 on: March 26, 2014, 11:28:34 PM »
I once had a dream that I met ZUN on the street, and he started asking me for advice for what to do with Touhou 15. I told him to bring back Mima, make the music more orchestral and less electronic, and make the patterns prettier. I then remember that the next day he announched Touhou 15, and that Mima would be a playable character. I went on this forum, and everyone was mad at me for being the one responsible, because everyone liked DDC, and thought IN was boring and hated the pretty patterns and the music style. The most confusing part for me, was the fact that people were actually mad Mima was brought back into the series, for some reason, like she brought all the PC-98 characters back or the spellcards were gone or something.

The best part is, I woke up excited for Touhou 15 featuring Mima as a playable character, then felt crushing sadness as the realization hit it didn't actually happen...
A beautiful soulgrudge this cosmic was surely authored by the constellations.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #331 on: March 27, 2014, 01:39:16 PM »
I haven't really had a proper touhou dream in a while. Only dreams where I've thought about Alice but I haven't actually seen her since october last year. Maybe it's my new dream catcher.

One dream was spent trying to find Alice though. I ran through many train carriages (including a VIP one) until finally coming to a lab. It was a large lab and the door to the next room and the previous was locked. This scientist girl then started throwing aliens at me so I beat her by throwing one at her then proceeded to the next room. In that one there was a huge shrine or at least an asian styled building. The boss battle of that room was Marceline the vampire queen from adventure time. She had too much health though and I couldn't beat her in time to see Alice because I woke up.

Other than that I had a dream where I had to drink alcohol and it reminded me of Alice and gensokyo as a whole. Not really sure if that counts though.

I hope I actually have a proper touhou dream soon. I always enjoy them and It's been a long time since I've seen Alice.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

SIRookie

• I have no idea what I'm doing
« Reply #332 on: March 27, 2014, 11:41:38 PM »
So he last few days I've been having dreams with Touhou cosplayers (amongst other cosplayers) walking around at my University. Of course there's the Yukaris and the Yuyukos and whatever other popular characters, but the Touhou fans (cosplayers and non-) are off in their own little corner playing music, hanging out, and just having fun together, which isn't a problem and actually sounds nice.
Well yesterday in another dream this girl walks up to me in an Iku cosplay and asks if I'm going to the dance later, and I agree. 'What the hell, why not?', I figure. She was also fairly attractive, and it's been a while since I've had that kind of interest in someone. Then in this recent dream, I decide to go to a movie theatre after my last class to waste some time before the party that evening. When I leave the theatre, there's a line of my classmates (again, both in and not in costume) waiting to get in. I don't know why, but I leave anyways and wander across campus to the Touhou group, who are all doing their thing. I decide to sit on the outskirts and just listen to the action, when someone puts their hands around my neck from behind.
It's the girl from before, now dressed as Yoshika, who then cracks a joke about her turning me into a jiang-shi as well, to which I reply with something along the lines of "At least I won't be alone as an undead". Which, now that I think about it, sounds like a horrible attempt at flirting (but keep in mind I think she's pretty good looking, and I haven't ever been self confident enough to try getting into a relationship, nor have I found anyone really "attractive" in the last six years). She laughs and invites me to the group before starting to walk off slowly, to which I get up and attempt to run in the opposite direction. My friend tackles me, and says "this is the first person you've been interested in for years. No way am I going to let you just walk off" (I've told him all about my social woes and former friends screwing me over with love advice just to get me out of the way with certain girls)
He puts me in a choke hold and walks me back to where all of the lights and the sounds are.

Then it goes blank for a bit.
Then a single memory of being on the phone with my dad while drinking on someone's back porch, where it's my friend, his girlfriend, and another guy, but I feel like there's supposed to be at least six people sitting there. Then I woke up.

Who are you, Iku/Yoshika girl? Are you the new person who's going to infect my dreams for years to come, as others have before you?

« Reply #333 on: March 31, 2014, 08:47:21 PM »
I had a dream I was playing PCB Phantasm. I don't actually remember much of it, other than that the stage started off with simple but intense streaming, it was much easier than it probably should have been (although I did bomb a lot), and one of Yukari's attacks (her final one?) used purple and aqua amulet bullets. The bullets were twice as long as they were wide and each one had a different symbol. Very cool looking. I stared at them for a while (by now it was for some reason a static picture instead of moving danmaku) and wondered why ZUN had quit using these "PCB-styled amulets" in the later games.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #334 on: April 01, 2014, 04:55:36 AM »
I hope I actually have a proper touhou dream soon. I always enjoy them

^ Me for the past half a year despite having a room ABSOLUTELY WALLPAPERED in full page picture printouts of Touhou.

EDIT: Me on the topic of remembering a single fucking dream, Touhou related or not.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 06:08:35 AM by Cybeast710 »
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

Fuyuumi

• A fairy pichuu'ed me.
« Reply #335 on: April 01, 2014, 06:07:31 AM »
^ Me for the past half a year despite having a room ABSOLUTELY WALLPAPERED in full page picture printouts of Touhou.
And I feel weaboo enough having 8 posters (and only one from Touhou)...

As for dreams I started to have my dreams mixed so badly that I only remember one or two random characters doing... something.

SIRookie

• I have no idea what I'm doing
« Reply #336 on: April 01, 2014, 01:33:01 PM »
I feel bad (and don't at the same time) because I frequently have dreams I can remember.

As for Touhou, I have a single wall scroll and listen to a piano cover of the PCB soundtrack when I take a nap, and still come out of it with some good stories

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #337 on: April 01, 2014, 06:30:30 PM »
I feel bad (and don't at the same time) because I frequently have dreams I can remember.

As for Touhou, I have a single wall scroll and listen to a piano cover of the PCB soundtrack when I take a nap, and still come out of it with some good stories

...*sigh* I swear... I can't remember my dreams. I have been at college for 2 terms now. You know how many dreams over the course of this year I remember?

...Go ahead and take a f***ing guess.
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

Siro

• Not your usual oni.
  • Captured by spirits.
« Reply #338 on: April 01, 2014, 08:26:49 PM »
...*sigh* I swear... I can't remember my dreams. I have been at college for 2 terms now. You know how many dreams over the course of this year I remember?

...Go ahead and take a f***ing guess.

I can't seem to remember any of mine, either. Especially recently. I know I've had several dreams that have had a Touhou character in them (I remember Remilia being in some sort of TF2 and Touhou crossover dream and Mokou being in a random dream...), but I can never remember them.

Damn it, I think the time has come where I need to put a notebook on my desk.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #339 on: April 02, 2014, 12:36:52 AM »
I can't seem to remember any of mine, either. Especially recently. I know I've had several dreams that have had a Touhou character in them (I remember Remilia being in some sort of TF2 and Touhou crossover dream and Mokou being in a random dream...), but I can never remember them.

Damn it, I think the time has come where I need to put a notebook on my desk.

...I have literally ZERO memory of any dreams.

Monkeypro257

« Reply #340 on: April 02, 2014, 01:04:15 AM »
...I have literally ZERO memory of any dreams.
I'm starting to forget most of my dreams as well. . .I only remember Nightmares though. :D

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #341 on: April 07, 2014, 11:10:51 PM »
I had a strange dream, it started with Byakuren opening the temple (after UFO), almost every youkai went to the temple: Kogasa, Wriggle, Mystia even Cirno! After that, the scene was switched to Iku, who sensed something strange coming from the geyser, so she to investigate and found that Utsuho was losing control of her powers, then suddenly Utsuho attacked Iku, but suddenly Rin appeared to help, the result? The Underground Facilty and the Palace of the Earth Spirits being destroyed. Satori instantly went to help and the Former Hell also being destroyed Yuugi and Parsee also went to help, but it was useless Utsuho was losing control even more and later used a spellcard (like Abyss Nova) and The Dark Blowhole became destroyed, Yamame trapped Utsuho and finally Kanako came to help Utsuho regain control of her powers. You might be wandering and Koishi? Well, she was at the Myouren-Ji to tell Byakuren if she could admit all the Underground members to the temple, she accepted, since none of them had a home. To finish the dream, Reimu and Marisa went to the hot springs to have a bath, and found everything destroyed and next to it MIMA!!
The End!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:18:11 PM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!

Fuyuumi

• A fairy pichuu'ed me.
« Reply #342 on: April 08, 2014, 05:55:24 AM »
I had some weird dream compilation recently. First, my lil sis died due to me slipping on dirty floor and landing on her. Second, yandere Youmu strikes back, this thime with choking only. Third, Nitori and I were drinking but it ended with small peck on lips. Fourth, I raced Marisa through Bamboo forest (she was on her broom, I had some weird hoverboard).

FLASH

• Still looking for the Hakurei shrine...
  • So close
« Reply #343 on: April 08, 2014, 10:03:40 PM »
First, my lil sis died due to me slipping on dirty floor and landing on her.

that is actually pretty funny... i feel horrible for laughing at that but this just put the funniest, mental picture in my head   :]

i rather often remember my dreams (more so than most people i think) but rarely in great details. i mostly retain the general feel of them, the "atmosphere" rather than precise visions, sentences, ect...
i have barely any touhou-related dreams tough, despite thinking about touhou and listening to  touhou music pretty much nonstop when i'm awake...

none of them, amusingly, are about Gensokyo or any touhou characters, of all 3 - 4 i remember, it always involved me meeting ZUN by accident when walking trough the street. he walk past me in the opposite direction and i recognise him out of the corner of my eye (he always wears the aya shirt with the flower patterns on one half), so i stop, turn around and follow him. there is something i want to say to him, but i don't know what. i just have the feeling that there is something i want to say. so i follow him until i realise what it is. i feel warm, and sort of floaty and weightless as i walk behind him, while before seeing him i could distinctly feel the ground under my feet like always when you normally walk. i think on some of them i speak with him but i'm not sure, and i don't remember at all what we say in any case.
it's mostly me following him at a short distance i remember for some reason... i think i'm creepy!  :blush:  :ohdear:

One of them is very distinct tough: it's late in the evening (almost night) and it's warm (probably summer) as i'm on a vacation on a city in Japan, he walk past me on the street just outside the gate of a large park (which is actually based on the Jardin des Plantes in Paris where i live, that i cross every morning to go to my courses, even tough my dream is in Japan). i freeze for a second when i recognise him, then turn around to look at his back and grin because i'm so happy and lucky to have just seen him. then, without particularily thinking about it i start follow him along the street, i just do it as if it were the only obvious thing to do... there are not many other people around, as he walks into a subway station, i continue after him along the tunnels of the subay for a short while... but eventually it starts to get progressively more and more blurry... and that's all i remember.
it's so distinct i could easily draw you a map of the Subway from my dream; or draw you a picture of the street outside the park, or the subway tunnel, with photographic level of details... which, as i've said above, it's very unusual for me to remember with such precision...
it's also pretty strange the environnement is what i remembered the most, not ZUN or not even wether or not i finally got to speak to him...

on a side note:
the Jardin des plantes have several beautiful japanese cherry trees; they are all in bloom since last week, and so every morning when i walk by them i hear Yuyuko's theme in my head...  :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 11:47:57 PM by FLASH »

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #344 on: April 15, 2014, 01:14:49 PM »
I had a dream where I got told Akyuu had run out of power and 1 of the jobs she had to do was delegated to me and 3 others. This ended up with all 4 of us getting given a game like GTA 5 on our laptops and having to do missions on it. The rest of the dream was trying to organize those missions with the 3 others and trying to get by them without other players randomly killing us.

Don't want to double post because I'm not posting an excerpt but I had another "searching for Alice" dream. Somthing else Touhou related happened earlier but I don't remember it. I never saw Alice either.

Had another dream which had touhou characters in it but that's all I remember about that dream.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:41:54 PM by aListers »
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

« Reply #345 on: April 21, 2014, 11:35:23 PM »
oddly I've dreamed of the world since before touhou came out. my latest one had me flying over it while everything was in bloom. what a sight. similar to touhou 9. gods I play WAY too much touhou if I can remember which incident had all the blossoms. AND I refer to the game storylines as incidents.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #346 on: April 23, 2014, 11:59:47 PM »
[DATA EXPUNGED BECAUSE I REGRET THAT POST]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 12:04:25 AM by Cybeast710 »

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #347 on: April 25, 2014, 08:31:53 AM »
Once I dreamed I had died and was sitting next to a fancy pond and suddenly this high speed train came out of nowhere. The next thing I knew, I was on the high speed train where I met Murasa who told me she was running away from Hitler. And the next thing I knew was that Murasa and I were running through a city and hiding in shops and other kinds of strange and random places. When we were hiding in a public toilet she told me "I'm not comfortable with water."

Then I woke up.

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #348 on: April 25, 2014, 10:17:37 AM »
Had a really weird one last night. Near the end of a non-touhou dream which involved me hugging my old school friends, trying to stop overstacked bookcases from falling over, a large space shuttle flying around in the sky and having game devs cry on my shoulder, I dreamt Reimu and Marisa had to solve an incident by going through various themed rooms full of traps and challenges as quickly as humanly possible (think 'Fort Boyard' if any of you have seen it). I followed after them while they bickered and one upped each other with each challenge, until we got to the bug room, where I was too scared of the bugs to go in, but I could see them rushing around sticking their hands in glass boxes and eating roasted scorpion and stuff. At the end they each carried out a small piece of log with a spider on to frighten me. Anyway after the bug room they found the culprit, who was this generic looking anime girl who was supposedly a celestrial, but had powers different to what celestrials can do in canon. I can't remember what the power was exactly, but Marisa started explaining how various other touhous were already using it, such as Meiling, who'd apparently wake Marisa up from her naps just by touching her (at this point the dream went into cinematic mode and started showing the scenes as Marisa describe them). I remember being surprised by how deep Meiling's voice was. Marisa then said that Alice could use the power too, as her hands were really strong and tough because she does all her own plumbing (!?!?). I then saw Alice doing said plumbling with a builder's hat on, and Marisa was hanging around watching her. There was a montage afterwards of Alice and Marisa being all cute with each other, and I remember being pleased by the MariAli stuff. Then I woke up.

« Reply #349 on: April 26, 2014, 05:46:45 PM »
Had what might be my first Touhou dream last night. Don't remember much of it, but I think I was at the SDM (which, if it was, looked like a normal house because I'm boring :V) chatting with Remilia about some stuff that I don't remember. Eventually Sakuya came in and told something to her that upset her enough to leave.
Just as she was leaving, I noticed she wasn't using her parasol, which struck me as odd since it was only late afternoon. I ran out to try and ask her about it, but whatever Sakuya told her was pretty visibly troubling her, so I cut myself off and went back inside, since I'd figured it wasn't my place to bug her about what was going on.
At that point, all I remember is thinking about some British TV show, and then setting up some tables in a dining room for some reason while wondering what made Remilia leave. Then my alarm went off and I woke up.

« Reply #350 on: April 27, 2014, 07:23:43 PM »
      While I was out hiking, I had Touhou dreams two nights in a row.

The first night, I dreamt I was at school in my science room, and somehow everyone had iPads that could play all the Touhou games. I was battling Marisa on IN stage 4 (don't remember whether I was Border team or Scarlet team) and having fun. Everyone else except one other guy was playing 2048, and that one guy was supergrazing midboss Ichirin like it was nibody's business.

The next night, I dreamt that I was at school, and I had to go to Tewi class. Yes, a class entirely about Tewi Inaba (no, don't ask) and we had a Tewi class textbook with pics of Tewi in her natural habitat.

Dingo785

• Do ya wanna get pichuun~'d? Huh!?
  • A guy who is bad at touhou but tries. :)
« Reply #351 on: April 28, 2014, 11:52:22 PM »
Mine is a weird one.

So Meiling is stuck an a dangan Ronpa style game and kills this skull dragon. She makes it out alive and  (after getting knifed by Sakuya) gets an invitation from the resurrected dragon. She goes and meets the dragon. This dragon turns into a guy and shows Meiling his family, than everyone in Gensokyo comes and parties like it's New Years.

So yeah, really weird dream.  :V

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #352 on: April 29, 2014, 09:40:27 AM »
I had a few today because I was in lucid dream state and never left it until I had a doctors appointment. I didn't start off lucid dreaming till I woke up first time.

First I remember being in a bank like place with 3 touhou characters.
1 was Alice Margatroid and I think the other 2 were Youmu and Reimu but I'm not sure. They were all in their underwear. After a little talk with them I made clear that I was in love with Alice and only interested in her. I then hugged Alice to keep her warm as well as just because I love her.

After that the dream ended but I was still in a half asleep lucid dream state. I wasn't going to let it end there so I went back to sleep to find her again.

I ran around my street trying to find Alice. I constantly said in my head that she might be on the next left but she never was. I woke up again into lucid dream state then went back to sleep. I eventually found Alice in a huge filing cabinet. She popped her head out from it and I petted her. Then my mum woke me up fully.

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #353 on: May 01, 2014, 07:39:24 PM »
The other night I dreamt about Maribel and Renko being on holiday in some kind of holiday park. It was part of a bigger dream but I can only really remember them being cute and hugging each other a lot. At one point Merry got really hung up about finding British people staying at the park, because apparently there were loads of American youth groups and she felt oppressed by them (wtf!?).

I had another Sealing Club dream a while ago, though it was a lot sadder. It was about Merry living in an absolutely stunning English village all alone. While walking through a field her maid told her that someone called Renko was coming to live with them, and Merry thought "This time, Renko, I will save you. I'll save you no matter how many times I have to relive my life." I can't remember the rest sadly, but I woke up feeling very wistful.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #354 on: May 01, 2014, 07:46:21 PM »
I'm doomed to be dreamless, aren't I?

Total time without remembering a single dream? HALF A YEAR. AND STILL. COUNTING.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #355 on: May 01, 2014, 09:23:41 PM »
I'm doomed to be dreamless, aren't I?

Total time without remembering a single dream? HALF A YEAR. AND STILL. COUNTING.

Half a year? Damn, that was as long as I had to wait just to see Alice again. Have you tried sleeping at unorthodox times such as in the afternoon? I tend to find that sleeping multiple times in 1 day makes me have multiple dreams. When you wake from sleep, go back to sleep like I did in my last entry. I know you've done all you can to have dreams but I really want you to keep trying - you can do it eventually!

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #356 on: May 02, 2014, 03:34:12 PM »
Half a year? Damn, that was as long as I had to wait just to see Alice again. Have you tried sleeping at unorthodox times such as in the afternoon? I tend to find that sleeping multiple times in 1 day makes me have multiple dreams. When you wake from sleep, go back to sleep like I did in my last entry. I know you've done all you can to have dreams but I really want you to keep trying - you can do it eventually!

More than half. I started college in september. ...It is may. Dreams remembered? ZERO."

Look, I've fallen asleep IN CLASS. NOTHING.

Well, apart from that time last term where I was at my computer or something. It was still a load of nothing. UGH...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 03:37:05 PM by Cybeast710 »

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #357 on: May 02, 2014, 09:12:59 PM »
More than half. I started college in september. ...It is may. Dreams remembered? ZERO."

Look, I've fallen asleep IN CLASS. NOTHING.

Well, apart from that time last term where I was at my computer or something. It was still a load of nothing. UGH...

You don't go back to sleep straight after you wake up when you fall asleep in class though. I'm sure that timing affects how well you remember dreams. Wake up when your brain is in a specific state and you remember your dream. It's most accurate when I sleep multiple times in a row. That's why I've been having more dreams in the holidays. I've just fallen asleep on the sofa and slept 3 times. Maybe if you feel randomly tired in the afternoon then you should try it. It destroys the body clock though.

Andrew

• Retired player
« Reply #358 on: May 11, 2014, 01:09:17 AM »
I haven't had too many Touhou dreams, but several months ago I had a dream that I met ZUN. Can't really remember anything more than that.

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #359 on: May 11, 2014, 02:10:50 AM »
The most recent one I remember around a week back, playing a paperback game of Magic: the Gathering. I was running my hand-sculpted Simic Arcbound deck (I think) while my opponent was playing a singleton 'Touhou Legends' deck, the upsetting thing is that he had a much better board position than me and that his Alice Margatroid has the equipment that allows her to spam 1/1 doll tokens.

That's all I remember