Author Topic: Touhou Dream Thread  (Read 306234 times)

Re: Touhou Dream Thread
« Reply #270 on: November 12, 2013, 08:54:14 PM »
Not long ago I had this dream, about a lot of stuff, from all different things, not just Touhou.

But at one point in the dream a girl (or something else) appeared from nowhere and caught me, in a way that you hug someone, but caught. Trapped.
She looked like Flandre, similar dress but in black. She had no hat. Her wings was also like Flandre's, but purple, and without the crystals. The hair was purple too. She looked like Nue in the face.

And I tell you, that was one strange dream. But what I remember the most, is that girl which hugged/trapped/held me tight around her.
Strange.

I swear, i've tried everything! Nothing works! I just want to have a lucid dream! Is that really too much to ask?

Have you seen this one?    /watch?v=lYSX51xBkos   (AsapSCIENCE)   (youtube of course)
Don't give up! :)

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #271 on: November 12, 2013, 10:12:59 PM »
See next post. I lucid dreamed... more than I thought. I JUST DIDN'T KNOW IT. GAHAHAHAHAHAA! Seriously. AMAZING!

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 04:55:38 AM by Cybeast710 »
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #272 on: November 12, 2013, 11:07:09 PM »
Spoiler tags are censor marks.

........And now I know you're trolling.

WHAT exactly was that supposed to do?! I keep a dream journal (which is almost COMPLETELY empty, courtesy of the fact, that, oh, I don't know, I CAN'T REMEMBER THEM TO BEGIN WITH!)

Then the reality checks. I WEAR. A
Spoiler:
FUCKING
. WATCH. CHECK IT IN EVERY CLASS. Has this helped? NO!

I even wear a key around my neck outside of the dorm at all times. Gee, you'd think something like that might help? WELL, IT
Spoiler:
FUCKING
DOESN'T!

MILD... You have GOT. TO. BE. KIDDING ME... Back when I tried this, I would be UNABLE TO SLEEP, and eventually just give up and stop trying, upon which I fell asleep.

Fun fact: I am completely unconscious of when I fall asleep, or how. Was on FB, RP'ing, laid my head down. Look at it again, it's 3 AM. Seriously, this proves COMPLETELY USELESS...

The ONE TIME I tried a WILD, (brainwave entrainment, the whole 495 miles) I laid awake the ENTIRE
Spoiler:
FUCKING
NIGHT. Tried, and tried. NOTHING.

Woah, keep your hat on. we're only trying to help.

Plus I did say luck has a large effect on it. I can only recall about 5 lucid dreams in the 7 years I've known about them. 2 of them I couldn't control. Keep at these things and it'll happen eventually. I know you've certianly got the passion for it. You just need the luck and to remember your dreams.

I suggest focusing on trying to remember your dreams more than trying to dive straight into a lucid one. Becoming more familiar with dreaming will probably help you notice that it's happening more. I do find that I noticed I was dreaming more times than usual because of my increase of dreams.  In 1 of them I actually got persuaded that I wasn't dreaming though.

Maybe you should eat a bit of cheese before bed. I heard it helps.

These things take time though anyway. Keep doing them and eventaully you'll get lucky some day.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #273 on: November 13, 2013, 04:43:10 AM »
I suggest focusing on trying to remember your dreams more than trying to dive straight into a lucid one. Becoming more familiar with dreaming will probably help you notice that it's happening more.

I. AM. AN. IDIOT.

I remember dreams WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more often than I thought.

The reason I don't realize this?

It feels like I'm daydreaming... then I "jolt back" from "almost falling asleep." ABSOLUTELY ABSURD, when you think about it. I mean, in one of these "daydreams" (in class) I FELT my hands typing on my keyboard, on my laptop, in my dorm room. I had a murky moment of feeling it physically, then BAM. I "jolt back".

And it is like a jolt. It feels like I pulled back from an abyss suddenly. Gee, that doesn't sound like a daydream at all...
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #274 on: November 14, 2013, 06:09:32 PM »
...For the record, those Time Crisis-themed testosterone-filled dreams are STILL going on, it's just that, for whatever reason, they aren't Touhou-themed anymore.

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #275 on: November 15, 2013, 01:51:16 AM »
My dream starts off with me and my friend playing a golf game that was based on Hot Shots golf. My friend was complaining that he had no new course memberships unlocked and I said " That's what's supposed to happen." So after that, we decide to go for a walk when we find ourselves in a place that looked like New York. So we are walking a little and we are passing an apartment building when Satori walks out of the door. So we talk and I think, Doesn't this part of the neighbourhood have a lot of elderly in it"(or something like that). Satori stops walking, turns around, and gives me a look that says " I am going to kill you". I think over what I thought again, realize that my thought was basically saying that I thought that Satori was old so I had to apologize real fast. Luckily, she accepts my apology right when this gang rolls up and starts harassing us. Satori demanded to see their leader so they took us to him. He demanded a fight with Satori. So me and my friend go to watch the fight from a distance. When the fight starts, Satori throws a lot of money on the ground. When the gang leader stops to pick it up, Satori punches him. I couldn't see anything for the last few seconds of the dream but I could hear what was happening and it sounded like Satori was wining because the gang was very silent.
Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

« Reply #276 on: November 17, 2013, 01:00:19 PM »
Eh, the dream I had last night was some weird amalgamation of DBZ and Futurama... but at the end I stood up and shouted "Apparitions Stalk The Night" while facing the location we just fled from and with that fired some danmaku...

Not sure which is worse, the fact that I almost never play EoSD or the fact that I used the song name as a spellcard name.
The ultimate joke would be making Wriggle an EX Boss, but there being a game-breaking bug in her final spellcard that made it impossible to catch.

Think about it for a second...

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #277 on: November 17, 2013, 01:22:47 PM »
Apparently my dream self has a white-haired human who's distantly related to youkai, and his name is Michael.
Maybe it's Rinnosoke in disguise.

Huh?  ???
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

SIRookie

• I have no idea what I'm doing
« Reply #278 on: November 17, 2013, 07:20:57 PM »
I've been having this series of dreams over the last few years, and the strange thing about them is that there's constantly recurring places/people, which I only recognize while dreaming but have no physical memory of visiting. But on the Touhou related note: The name (as well as "location" of sorts) "Palace Of The Earth Spirits" occurred in my dream the other night. I started my lucidity routine to gain control over my dream self and find out more about this place, but before I could finish I was shot and killed. That has been the only time something has seeped through into my dreams (that I can recall).

In general, my dreams involve really scenic locations, some war going on or something, and this black-haired girl who has killed me every time I dream.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #279 on: November 24, 2013, 10:47:37 PM »
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 04:06:03 AM by Soichiro W. »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

« Reply #280 on: November 29, 2013, 11:24:19 PM »
I once had a dream where I turned into a moon rabbit overnight. There were some people at school making fun of me for having rabbit ears, so I drove them insane. I also shot the most annoying guy I know in the face. I then ran into Marisa, and we had a danmaku battle while Love-Colored Master Spark was playing the entire time.

I need to stop playing Imperishable Night before I go to bed...
A beautiful soulgrudge this cosmic was surely authored by the constellations.

cb5

« Reply #281 on: December 04, 2013, 06:14:17 AM »
Well I had my first touhou dream last night.  Pretty much the same as a lot of dreams I have.  A deconstruction of my mind in a nutshell and other topics.  This time it was a deconstruction of religion and spirituality.

This time the deconstruction was actually interesting in that the discussion was about spirituality and how a lot of people confuse gods with genies in that they go, "I WANT this so I'll pray for it".

My dreams are fundamentally weird in that they fall into three categories, deconstructions of the mind, the dream can't hold itself together and is primarily a bunch of junk thrown about(like for example instead of dreaming about walking down a park it's just everything you find in a park randomly being thought about),  or.. other things.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #282 on: December 15, 2013, 09:21:09 AM »
I got my dream diary back so here's another excerpt from the dream I had last night.

I was in my house with the orange glow of a winter night filling a room. I played through the sims 3 medieval and some sort of mortal kombat. I made a common loser character in the sims to play as and gave him a stable to work at. I put a clock above the entrance door. I then played Mortal Kombat and it was a mode where you fought off 2 enemies at once. I pwned one of them and the other would hit me before I could get a flawless victory.
After that, I stopped playing and I noticed 3 perfectly good steaks in the bin. I?m not one for wasting food so I took them out. My mum then shouted that she was going to the shops so I had to look after my brother. He doesn?t require much looking after, seeing as he?s on YouTube 24/7, so that gave me time to examine the steaks. The steaks were still in their package and nothing was leaking out. What was interesting about it was that in one of the packages, there was a speech bubble saying something along the lines of ?I?d really like that.? What caught my eye when I took that out was that there was a whole doujin manga behind it. I was curious about it and seeing Alice Margatroid made me more so. I took it all out and found it was still all in it?s package. My little brother then asked what the clock above the stable in the sims 3 symbolised and it took a minute to explain that it was just a drawing of a clock I put there for decoration. After that I had a sit down and took the packaging off the manga. It was drawn on to wood like a child?s toy for some reason. I took the Clingfilm like material off it and tried to figure out the order. Apparently the manga came with 3 packages of fish as well. I went into the kitchen to see that it was a large haddock like fish smothered in soy sauce in each package. It was labelled ?electrofish? or something like that. I would later discover that me and Alice reacted the same way when seeing the fish. We both said ?that?s some amount of soy sauce? or something similar anyway. On the other side was a normal salmon steak.
I went back to the manga and made a chair. Gave the excuse that I needed one some day anyway. I then went back to reading the manga. It was about Alice Margatroid and 3 dogs. On seeing the 5th chapter I thought it was some kind of Bestiality Hentai doujin but on reading chapter 4 I could tell that it wasn?t really anything like that. In the manga, there was an item that gradually turned people into dogs. Alice discovered it and decided to do some experiments on it. As you read the manga you notice little dog like quirks but nothing as extreme as her turning into one. I believe I had all the chapters but I woke up before I could read them all. The steaks were actually a part of the manga and that part intrigued me the most.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #283 on: December 22, 2013, 10:42:17 PM »
Welp, it's been a lopng time since I had a Touhou dream.

Anyway, last night I attempted to lucid dream. It failed spectacularly.

But on the other hand, I got a Touhou dream! Although it was a strange one, though...

Apparently I was playing a Touhou photography/visual novel game, playing as Reimu. You apparently had to take pictures of various people at the Incident Celebration. Every Windows character was there up to UFO, as I saw Byakuren there. After that, I looked at it's entry on the Touhou wiki, with it stating that you can play as Reimu Hakurei and the Scarlet Sisters. The game number was 12.8, and I thought that the game actually existed when I woke up...

New Touhou photography game confirmed? I think so!
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

SIRookie

« Reply #284 on: January 08, 2014, 05:46:19 PM »
I don't remember the details, but at some point last night I dreamed I was at home one evening and my dad called me into the room to show me a 3 hour TV documentary on Zun and Touhou.

It makes even less sense because he doesn't know about Touhou irl

Siro

• Not your usual oni.
  • Captured by spirits.
« Reply #285 on: January 09, 2014, 07:27:20 PM »
My first Touhou related dream since a while ago... It started out with me walking around in a field with a cliff (not going down, but rising up onto a plateau), and I saw Meiling walking around, along with some other girl I've never seen before, and this other girl was most definitely not Touhou related. I said hi to Meiling, and we chatted for a bit. The other girl was still walking around in the field, probably just exploring. That's all I remember before suddenly waking up for no apparent reason.

Meiling was apparently very nice, and she seemed to know me for some reason, and treated me like we haven't seen each other in a long time.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #286 on: January 12, 2014, 01:53:50 PM »
Dammit, the thread I just dreamt about doesn't exist.

Anyway, the thread was a Touhou fan game with some sort of custom engine where it compared the sprites of the bosses and player characters. I remember seeing Sakuya's comparison. Also, There was a tips section, and two of them said, "the replays due sync hard," and "Don't linger too much on the spellcards. Don't time them out."

Also, it was on this forum.

SIRookie

« Reply #287 on: January 12, 2014, 03:16:31 PM »
Anyway, the thread was a Touhou fan game with some sort of custom engine where it compared the sprites of the bosses and player characters. I remember seeing Sakuya's comparison.

This actually sounds interesting. Compared what and how, though?

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #288 on: January 12, 2014, 07:16:59 PM »
This actually sounds interesting. Compared what and how, though?

The player character sprite (with hitbox on), compared to an updated boss sprite. The boss one was slightly bigger.

SIRookie

« Reply #289 on: January 15, 2014, 04:29:08 PM »
So living in Orlando, Florida, I'm no stranger to amusement parks. Except for this one I've never seen before, but has constantly been recurring in my dreams. What makes this one special today is that apparently they were having a Touhou-themed month at this park. Imagine Seussland meets Gensokyo and you'll get what I'm trying to describe.

But there was something out of place. It was an "It's a Small World" ride, but with chibis and yukuris. I can't remember the song, but I know it started with "you are a touhou, I am a touhou"

I might have to quit today, this was a little too weird for me.

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #290 on: January 17, 2014, 04:20:18 PM »
On the subject of theme parks, last week I dreamt I played SA. Except to play it, you had to go on a dark ride log flume and travel through the levels. It was really, really cool. The first level was this big kitchen inside a cave, and the boss looked like a cross between Parsee and Yuugi (their lovechild maybe!?) Reimu and Marisa were in the boat ahead of me having a great time. I remember wondering if I could get off the ride, then get back on after the inevitable big drop (which I've done in my many other theme park dreams. I wish they'd do that irl ;_; ). Also CLAMP owned the ride, and I saw them riding in a boat waving large sake bottles around cheering. Best dream ever.

« Reply #291 on: January 18, 2014, 04:19:24 AM »
I had an odd dream a few days ago, after finishing studying for a test early i lay down to sleep and the last thing i remember seeing is my miku and patchouli plush staring at me, i wake up in my dream and it's a life size miku and patchouli yelling at me to go study more, then i awake with the plushes still staring at my eyes about 6 hours later...

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #292 on: January 18, 2014, 04:50:58 PM »
...*shiver* Ugh, the doll episode...

.......And I have plastered my wall with Touhous... and still nothing.

Fuyuumi

• A fairy pichuu'ed me.
« Reply #293 on: January 18, 2014, 07:39:25 PM »
I had a really wierd and kinda creepy dream. It began with me making out with my crush, you know full tongue and stuff. I was lying on the bed, she was on top. When we stopped to catch a breath I opened my eyes and saw Youmu with anger on her face. Then she quickly used her left hand to choke me, but somehow she managed to snap my neck. The moment I "died" I half woke up (I saw my real room), subcounciously turned my head while still feeling that something's wrong with my neck and fell fully asleep seconds later.

To be honest, I had few dreams about me dying (most common from falling) but this is new level for me.

« Reply #294 on: January 19, 2014, 10:38:19 PM »
I remember very little about this dream, but here you go.

I was at the bus station in my town, where Yoshika and another Touhou character (possibly Satori) were talking to my parents.
Apparently, her and possibly Satori managed to get themselves stuck in the outside world, and needed our help.

Cut to an aeroplane, where a ton of touhous were sitting at a table. I remember Yukari, Yuyoko and Yoshika, who was asleep, and kept slapping Yukari with her arms.

ZUN was there too, and kept trying to give me lemonade.

This is my first post too, yay!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:27:34 PM by NitoriWorkman »

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #295 on: January 20, 2014, 08:36:37 AM »
You would think being up until 3 AM RP'ing would give you some sort of dream right? Well you'd be dead wrong.

I'm just huffily posting to say still no dreams.

Fuyuumi

• A fairy pichuu'ed me.
« Reply #296 on: January 20, 2014, 01:46:47 PM »
Something's wrong with my brain when I'm half awake. I somehow managed to turn my quilt around and halfly awoke to simply throw myself on my bed in another awkward position and I swear I saw a sukima where the hole in my quilt would be (ugh... first time trying to explain that in english). The fun thing is I talked about my dream with Youmu killing me on Phantasmal Arrange room on plug.dj and someone (forgot nick) said that I can't die before Yukari takes me to Gensokyo.

Coincidence?

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #297 on: January 26, 2014, 07:51:05 AM »
OOOOOOOK, I'm convinced someone is erasing my dreams. I have started SLEEPING WITH MY REIMU PLUSH, and still NOTHING!

SIRookie

« Reply #298 on: January 26, 2014, 08:09:52 AM »
Have you tried listening to music? I've found that listening to A.C. Noth has produced some of the more interesting results (for me). Classical Touhou covers or other classical music can usually cause some sort of reaction, Touhou or otherwise.

One of the first thing about lucid dreaming is to first figure out and stick to a sleep pattern, if that helps.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:19:10 AM by SIRookie »

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #299 on: January 26, 2014, 08:13:23 AM »
Have you tried listening to music? I've found that A.C. Noth has produced some of the more interesting results (for me). Classical Touhou covers or other classical music can usually cause some sort of reaction, Touhou or otherwise.

One of the first thing about lucid dreaming is to first figure out and stick to a sleep pattern, if that helps.

YES! I put a sleep timer on!

EDIT: I don't even REMEMBER my dreams half the time... and it's been failing lately.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:16:43 PM by Cybeast710 »