Author Topic: [s]Survey[/s] Strongle Time! - Results Are In, Horrible Puns.  (Read 78092 times)

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Re: [s]Survey[/s] Strongle Time!
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2012, 05:27:45 AM »
individual personal responses to each question
That's not how it works, bro
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2012, 05:30:14 AM »
A "just" society is potentially different from a "fair" or even an "equal" society.

Oh, right... My english vocabulary isn't too great, and ''just'' is one letter away from the french version of ''fair'', which confused me. And resulted in me punching myself.

Drake

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2012, 07:04:23 AM »
Some of the answers are likely to converge given what most people here probably think, but from some of my answers I'd say I might get quite a few opposites from a bunch of you just from the wording.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2012, 07:15:46 AM »
Filled it out. A lot of the questions I could not pick a side, because they are situational/character bound. Also survey seems to touch a lot the religion topic and stuff tied to it.

JT

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2012, 08:09:37 AM »
agbhasbga
I'm pretty sure you're thinking way too hard about this.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2012, 08:54:11 AM »
Some good questions in this one.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2012, 09:03:17 AM »
Have I said that I hate the notion of "strongly" agreeing or disagreeing with something?

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2012, 09:38:08 AM »
An "I agree, sorta" option was needed, too, but I just stuck to sorta=agree, agree=strongle.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2012, 09:39:14 AM »
Done :3 Most of my "Not Sure" answers were actually "Neutral", given that I know the material anyway.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2012, 10:44:29 AM »
An "I agree, sorta" option was needed, too.

That would be "agree". The survey provides a spectrum of agreement based on how strongly you feel you agree or disagree with something. It's providing this spectrum of feeling of agreement/disagreement that should make it easier to answer questions that are broad and non-specific.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »
I usually put down "strongly" when I feel the issue is important to me in some manner. Hence, "strong"

Only question I had trouble with was 36: All religions are of equal value

Which, considering I dislike the notion of religion as a whole, came as tough to answer. I put "disagree" since I considered "lack of it" a religion in the context of the question. Otherwise I would have put "agree" in the context that  "I think none of them are worth anything"
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2012, 01:13:42 PM »
I like how this thread is laced with paranoia already. I hope that was one of the intended results.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2012, 01:14:09 PM »
Have I said that I hate the notion of "strongly" agreeing or disagreeing with something?

"I viscerally hate this crap"
"This shit is so great I'm going to shove it down"

Not many better options, really :V

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2012, 02:01:25 PM »
All done. My answers were clearly the right answers and no one can prove otherwise!

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2012, 02:03:54 PM »
"I viscerally hate this crap"
"This shit is so great I'm going to shove it down"

Not many better options, really :V

Now you've got me imagining John Romero writing questionnaires. :getdown:

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2012, 02:24:54 PM »
Quote from: Berzul
Mathematics aren't certain, as there is no certain thing in this world, only probabilities.

I will kill you for this, and not feel bad afterwards.

Quote from: Tengukami
survey

Anyway, there is a lot of vagueness in many of the questions, but I can believe that it's intentional. Did you put together the questions yourself? If so, I feel that I can see some personal bias in their wording. It's not too strong(le), but keep that in mind when analyzing the answers.

Tengukami

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2012, 02:32:51 PM »
Anyway, there is a lot of vagueness in many of the questions, but I can believe that it's intentional. Did you put together the questions yourself? If so, I feel that I can see some personal bias in their wording. It's not too strong(le), but keep that in mind when analyzing the answers.

I did make these questions myself, yeah, so I expect the wording does seem personalized whether I intended it or not. Fortunately, this isn't a survey on the political or religious composition of MotK, and of course there are a portion of questions which are there to obfuscate the purpose.

By the by, folks, 11 hours left!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2012, 02:37:28 PM »
Fortunately, this isn't a survey on the political or religious composition of MotK, and of course there are a portion of questions which are there to obfuscate the purpose.

I freaking knew it! Many of the questions did seem very stock-footage to me, and you strike me as devious enough to use that to your advantage. Excuse me as I don my tinfoil hat and examine the questionnaire for subliminal images.

[edit] It's cool, guys, no subliminals! Now for the cryptographic mind control.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 02:45:57 PM by Fightest »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2012, 02:58:12 PM »
Are you even going to be awake at the deadline?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Tengukami

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2012, 03:02:15 PM »
Yeah, it'll be around 1:00 AM here. I'll be awake, and will post results with full disclosure of purpose and methodology.

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2012, 03:38:21 PM »
I kinda started doing first impulse decisions after I realized I was probably over thinking some of these. I also started ignoring the strong options because I didn't have a good criteria to decide what was a strong feeling. That's probably the way this scale is meant to work because it's entirely possible that I just don't care strongly for any of these questions.
Some of them made me chuckle a bit, like the need for population control. No, it's fine, eventually we'll just start eating each other. 

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2012, 03:44:50 PM »
Completed it. I've had to google half of the words there :V

JT

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2012, 03:46:44 PM »
Everyone talking about the vagueness of the questions, the precise meaning of "strongly agree," etc., is thinking too much.

Or perhaps I should say, rather, that you are thinking too strongle.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 03:53:35 PM by JT »

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2012, 03:51:18 PM »
Completed it. I've had to google half of the words there :V
I...

:colonveeplusalpha:
Everyone talking about the vagueness of the questions, the precise meaning of "strongly agree," etc., is thinking too much.
Everyone is overthinking it.  It's an experiment, not a survey. BV

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2012, 03:55:55 PM »
Completed it yesterday. I can't wait to see the results.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2012, 03:59:37 PM »
Survey based researches are always pain in the ass to set up. Hope your hypotheses are strong and fitting Ammy.

Tengukami

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2012, 04:00:39 PM »
I kinda started doing first impulse decisions after I realized I was probably over thinking some of these. I also started ignoring the strong options because I didn't have a good criteria to decide what was a strong feeling. That's probably the way this scale is meant to work because it's entirely possible that I just don't care strongly for any of these questions.

That's exactly how it's meant to work. Everyone has different degrees of value for different issues - you can agree with Platform 1 and Platform 2 but still care more about one than the other, or believe there are fewer conditions for one than the other.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2012, 04:04:09 PM »
Speaking of the possible answers, I'm the kind that loves having a ''strongly'' agree/disagree option.

Even though I never use it because I'm so paranoid, I hate agreeing/disagreeing to something too hard.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2012, 04:40:58 PM »

Or perhaps I should say, rather, that you are thinking too strongle.

I'd say it's less that they're thinking too much and more that they're worrying too much.

In this vein, I actually invite those attitudes to be publicized. It makes for entertaining reading.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2012, 05:17:59 PM »
JORGEN VON STRONGLE