Author Topic: The Blackwell Series - It's Dead Good.  (Read 1148 times)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
The Blackwell Series - It's Dead Good.
« on: August 24, 2012, 05:49:00 PM »
Those of you who frequent the #s-l IRC will have probably seen me wax poetic about this series, but for the sake of being thorough I'm gonna advertise it here as well.

The Blackwell Series is a series of point-and-click adventure games by the indie developer Wadjeteye games. It follows Rosangela Blackwell, a freelance writer who has recently awoken to her family heritage as a spirit medium, and her ghostly guide Joey Mallone. Together the pair meet with the restless dead and do everything in their power to help them pass on.

The games are very reminiscent of 90's adventure games, like Gabriel Knight or Broken Sword. Currently there are four games in the series: The Blackwell Legacy, Blackwell Unbound, Blackwell Convergence and The Blackwell Deception. I've played through the first three games so far, and all of them have been great fun. The only issue is length - the first few games don't span more than a few hours, but when they're going for such cheap prices I think it's a win-win scenario.

You can buy the games on Steam - either separately or in a full 4-game bundle. Also available is Wadjeteye's most recent game, Resonance - which, if anything, is even BETTER than the Blackwell games and is a purchase I would recommend to just about anybody.