Author Topic: Let's Play System Shock 2! Fontstyle~  (Read 2306 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Let's Play System Shock 2! Fontstyle~
« on: August 13, 2012, 05:50:37 AM »
Hi I'm streaming myself screaming while playing System Shock 2.  This is a fully Keine-selected and approved run (aka I did @choose and obeyed her decisions starting out)

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E78F52DF8E7F6236

This is day one of what I hope will be a beautiful tale of the deep and powerful relationship between a man and his wrench.

e: after consulting with my cabal of scientists and priests it looks like this is going to be a total meathead run.  No hacking, no research, no psy powers.  Just one man and his wrench.  Oh god I'm fucked.

e: oh yeah the high pitched buzzing/noise is annoying I'm sorry.  Partway through the recording you'll see me trying to fix it.  The menu flickering I noticed too and I'll have fixed for next time.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 06:37:32 AM by helvetica »

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

AnonymousPondScum

Re: Let's Play System Shock 2! Fontstyle~
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 08:14:03 AM »
Oh man, this is going to be hilarious.

On that note, any idea how to fix blackscreen problems on game start? :V

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 04:41:24 AM »
http://www.systemshock.org/index.php/topic,392
You should be using this, regardless

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 04:44:39 AM »
Yyyyyeah, got that installed, sometimes the game window actually shows and sometimes it doesn't with little indication as to what is making it wonk. I also tried their recommendation for tweaking one of the lines in ddfix.ini, even.

I'm running Win7 with a GeForce GT 330M for the record.

My drivers are admittedly not updated---mainly because Sony irritatingly has a billion other priorities that are not my model of graphics card, and NVidia does not handle patches for this particular card since apparently this card specific to this line of Sony laptops. That much said, this graphics card is a 2010 model---it SHOULD have all the core things that a modified SS2 would need, right?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 05:03:05 AM by Blissful Beleaguered Buddhist »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 01:11:33 AM »
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ will get you newer drivers

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 02:20:13 AM »
Much appreciated.

OTOH I don't think I'll pursue trying to get it to work anymore as the copy in question was contaminated with computer-unfriendly things.

On a WHOLLY UNRELATED note, Demonoid reaped what it sowed.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 12:48:19 AM »
I'll be filming the next session tonight I hope.  I'll post when the stream is up.