Author Topic: Touhou YOU FAILED THINGS Thread 14  (Read 226634 times)

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
Re: Touhou YOU FAILED THINGS Thread 14
« Reply #900 on: October 21, 2012, 05:29:15 PM »
Oh Ichirin, your boss nonspells are some of the best in the series. Why must your midboss nonspell be so terrible?
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #901 on: October 21, 2012, 05:31:05 PM »
Oh Ichirin, your boss nonspells are some of the best in the series.
1st one is stupid, 2nd one is trivial, 3rd one is ok I guess.  Are we even playing the same game?

Why must your midboss nonspell be so terrible?
I guess we are.  Insert obligatory UFO Stage 3 rant here

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #902 on: October 21, 2012, 05:44:13 PM »
1st one is stupid, 2nd one is trivial, 3rd one is ok I guess.  Are we even playing the same game?
They might be easy, but I still find them fun. <_<
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Cor

« Reply #903 on: October 21, 2012, 05:58:48 PM »
Why must your midboss nonspell be so terrible?
What's wrong with it? It's fairly easy to dodge and makes a lot of delicious 'tk tk' graze noise.

« Reply #904 on: October 21, 2012, 06:04:16 PM »

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #906 on: October 21, 2012, 06:19:27 PM »
you don't read fast enough. her non-spells haven't killed me since forever. that includes the first. (mid-boss non aside :V)

I wouldn't have thought there was someone weaker to lasers than me. but I found him :v and he has no name! HA! SEE WHAT I DID THERE??  :colonveeplusalpha:

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #907 on: October 21, 2012, 06:34:02 PM »
I've always been bad at reading lasers (except Shou's for some reason)

I usually end up backing down into where the lasers go due to reading the gap as the cross-point!

« Reply #908 on: October 21, 2012, 08:01:12 PM »
Because the lasers come way too fast.

Oh yeah I see it know, I guess the attack is pretty stupid when you put it like that. I'd personally say that the lasers move pretty slowly but apparently not. If the speed of the lasers is a reason for the attack being stupid then i suppose Eternal Meek would be even stupider or what?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #909 on: October 21, 2012, 08:07:28 PM »
I have a strange inability to read straight lasers for the most part, especially if they criss-cross at all.

Shou's I mis-read and in misreading the curve I go where I think it won't go which is where it won't go because it stops turning too soon or too late.
Ichirin is the hardest boss in UFO for me.

(On a related note Brilliant Dragon Bullet is hell due to this)

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #910 on: October 21, 2012, 08:29:48 PM »
Just had my best EoSD Stage 4 run. Lost my last life on Princess Undine.  :getdown:
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #911 on: October 21, 2012, 09:04:47 PM »
IHNN, all I can say is go practice against those lasers right now. If you hate cards like BDB for a dumb reason like that, you're missing out. If you want to force yourself to improve, you could always run Shou at 75fps. (That kind of speed will force you to dodge on reflex instead of trying to lazily outguess their route and die.)

« Reply #912 on: October 21, 2012, 09:24:19 PM »
Ihavenoname, you forgot the part about explaining why the attack is stupid just because you are bad at it.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #913 on: October 21, 2012, 10:10:36 PM »
IHNN, all I can say is go practice against those lasers right now. If you hate cards like BDB for a dumb reason like that, you're missing out. If you want to force yourself to improve, you could always run Shou at 75fps. (That kind of speed will force you to dodge on reflex instead of trying to lazily outguess their route and die.)
I also hate BDB for the random spam that always seems to block my path-when I don't get speared by lasers and die.
Also, I'm already dodging on reflex at 60 FPS.  I'm going to make this perfectly clear.  I cannot read lasers that are not forecast in advance or moving straight down
Ihavenoname, you forgot the part about explaining why the attack is stupid just because you are bad at it.
It's stupid because you don't have enough time to read the lasers.
 :dealwithit:

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #914 on: October 21, 2012, 10:12:23 PM »
You honestly can't say stuff like "you don't have enough time" because it's not absolute - I can consistently do the first nonspell, so you can do it too. I actually find the second nonspell consistently more manageable because the first can still dick you over if she's close and you get unlucky with the red snake laser.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #915 on: October 21, 2012, 10:16:32 PM »
The nonspell I'm talking about is Ichirin's first.

Shou's are fine.

Zil

« Reply #916 on: October 21, 2012, 10:44:49 PM »
What he said is still true though. You can't say the attack is dumb because it's too fast. That's exactly the same as saying it's dumb because you aren't good enough.
I cannot read lasers that are not forecast in advance or moving straight down
The fact that they didn't kill you instantly means they were forecast in advance. And what kind of argument is that anyway? It's still just saying "I'm not good enough, therefore it's impossible."

And if you -cannot- read diagonal lasers, then just what makes Shou's fine? It's exactly the same concept, except Shou's aren't static.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #917 on: October 21, 2012, 10:55:59 PM »
Because Shou's are the exception.  I can dodge those most of the time for some reason.
by "forecast in advance" I mean like in Keine's last spell (her actual last spell).
I cannot read the ones in her last spell before her last spell.

I can say I am of the opinion that the attack is stupid or dumb.  You're perfectly welcome to disagree of course.

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
« Reply #918 on: October 21, 2012, 11:01:40 PM »
Sakurei you should be a boss in Touhou. :3

« Reply #919 on: October 21, 2012, 11:04:30 PM »
I can say I am of the opinion that the attack is stupid or dumb.  You're perfectly welcome to disagree of course.

Your opinion is stupid or dumb. But don't worry about it. I've got plenty of those too so welcome in the club.

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #920 on: October 22, 2012, 12:24:28 AM »

One half second away from a capture

WHY

Cor

« Reply #921 on: October 22, 2012, 02:04:19 AM »

One half second away from a capture

WHY
It took me 60 attempts to get my first capture on it. I congratulate you for getting that good within 5 tries.
It's stupid because you don't have enough time to read the lasers.
If I had to use that argument against one of her nonspells, I'd use it against the midboss nonspell instead of her first one. She can be a bit of an asshole and move in erratic ways during her first one but the lasers have massive gaps there so it's okay.

« Reply #922 on: October 22, 2012, 02:12:50 AM »
I have a strange inability to read straight lasers for the most part, especially if they criss-cross at all.

Here, avoid them all together.

« Reply #923 on: October 22, 2012, 02:39:24 AM »
Haha, nice one Naut.

Yeah just learn that technique then IHNN. Will even improve your score down the line  :V

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #924 on: October 22, 2012, 02:48:45 AM »
Haha, nice one Naut.

Yeah just learn that technique then IHNN. Will even improve your score down the line  :V
But that's even harder  :qq:

« Reply #925 on: October 22, 2012, 03:47:15 AM »
Ok, I just got a game over on SA stage 4 with Marisa-A.... IN PRACTICE MODE. Oh god, how do I suck so bad with that shot type, and why does Satori move too much on her second-last card.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #926 on: October 22, 2012, 09:16:35 AM »
Sakurei you should be a boss in Touhou. :3

I do not even know what that's supposed to mean. :V because of the Flandre run? eh, many people have done this before. my run's actually nothing special, even if it looks pretty cool :'D

and I yeah, learn the bullshit supergrazing thing, or just...learnt o read them. I dunno, you don't have too many possibilities, IHNN. if you ever want to get past ichirin without losing two lives, you gotta do it :'D

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #927 on: October 22, 2012, 04:19:57 PM »
Ok, I just got a game over on SA stage 4 with Marisa-A.... IN PRACTICE MODE. Oh god, how do I suck so bad with that shot type, and why does Satori move too much on her second-last card.

Yeah, that 2nd to last is a bit annoying, you've just gotta remember to stream slowly, restream well in advance, and know that the dolls aim for you when they come in contact with the sides of the walls.  Try to ignore actually killing satori as that might screw you up, at least, that's what I do.  You'll probably come really close to timing it out unless you have a decent amount of power and make sure to unfocus when she stops above you etc.  (and I mean really close, if you focus  and just stream+restream the spell you can usually cap it within the last 5 or so seconds, and that's with something like 3 or 4 power.).

Edit: To add to what I said earlier, check out some WR replays, they use an awesome technique to do alot more damage and cap the spell fast, although I've never bothered to learn it myself, it's not that hard a technique to learn.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:22:26 PM by Nindella »
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #928 on: October 22, 2012, 09:28:37 PM »
Replay

Flandre Double KO, Laevateinn fuckup.

This was during a no-bombs EoSD Extra clear. I was literally like twenty frames if not less from the bullets having disappeared. FUCK.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #929 on: October 22, 2012, 09:37:11 PM »
i wont lie if i mess up aya's final MoF card in normal i will scream