Author Topic: Remilia Quest  (Read 92641 times)

Re: Remilia Quest
« Reply #960 on: September 19, 2012, 06:23:08 AM »
>Do we?

>Not really. Animal affinity does vary from vampire to vampire. You yourself, for instance, are partial to bats, and they to you. But you've never known of any vampire who had an affinity for bears. Well, living bears, anyway.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #961 on: September 19, 2012, 06:38:33 AM »
>Raise an eyebrow. "Not beyond the normal, I myself have an affinity with bats. I never really heard of a Vampire with an affinity for bears. Well, living bears at least. Why do you ask?"
>Flandre has the same affinity for animals as us, correct? Or has her damaged psyche been an obstacle with that?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #962 on: September 19, 2012, 07:15:49 AM »
>Flandre has the same affinity for animals as us, correct? Or has her damaged psyche been an obstacle with that?

>Flandre loves animals. And being around them seems to help keep her stable. Helps her be 'normal', the bright, loving cheerful girl she was supposed to be. But it never lasts. Nothing ever lasts...
>If anything, she had an affinity for cats and dogs, which is indeed atypical for vampires. And she has a special affinity for stuffed animals of a number of types. Sadly, those tend to last much longer than the flesh and blood variety...

>Raise an eyebrow. "Not beyond the normal, I myself have an affinity with bats. I never really heard of a Vampire with an affinity for bears. Well, living bears at least. Why do you ask?"

>She sighs again, then points her staff faintly in the bears' direction. "Because she likes you. Well, to be more precise, she finds you interesting. Both of you." She adds, including Koryu in her look. The bear growls a small, simple sound, and Baraki continues, "I'm really not sure why, but she wants to go with you."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #963 on: September 19, 2012, 07:27:20 AM »
>Perhaps we should get her a cat-ear headband, a nice little accessory to wear when she's in a catty mood. That'll have to come after she's cured though.
>Chuckle a little. "Well, I have no arguments about that. If she wants to, then so be it. Hopefully the kappa won't find it too frightening to have both a bear and a vampire at their doorstep."
>A bear joins the party, this has been quite an interesting night, hasn't it? We'll have to remember to keep a journal of this, to record it for Flan's benefit later on. She'll certainly want to know more about this adventure when all's said and done.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #964 on: September 19, 2012, 08:09:38 AM »
>Perhaps we should get her a cat-ear headband, a nice little accessory to wear when she's in a catty mood. That'll have to come after she's cured though.
>Chuckle a little. "Well, I have no arguments about that. If she wants to, then so be it. Hopefully the kappa won't find it too frightening to have both a bear and a vampire at their doorstep."
>A bear joins the party, this has been quite an interesting night, hasn't it? We'll have to remember to keep a journal of this, to record it for Flan's benefit later on. She'll certainly want to know more about this adventure when all's said and done.

>You make a note to acquire the means for Flan to go nekomimi-mode. One day.
>Koryu, however, curls up his lip in a gesture of uncertainty. "Look, Baraki, I got nothin' against bears, but, well, it's just, I can fly. And obviously Remilia here can, too, so... How's she plannin' on keeping up with us? Sunup'll be-GAH!" the young man screams as the bear, in answer to his question, lifts off the ground. And floats there, giving him a look. You're not sure how, but you swear the bear is grinning at him.
>Baraki joins the bear in her grin, the humans much more obvious. "I may not have have mentioned, but, she happens-"
>"A youkai?" Koryu interrupts her. He seems... gobsmacked, is the term you would use. "An animal youkai?" The bear grunts, and Baraki opens her mouth to say something, but she doesn't get the chance to get more than half a syllable into it before Koryu belts out, "Cool!" He promptly takes off and flies over to the bear, flying around her like a teenager running around his new ferrari. Now it's Baraki's turn to look stunned, before it turns into a soft smile.

>A youkai bear, no less! You'll definitely have quite the story to tell Flandre when you get home again. And it ain't over yet.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #965 on: September 19, 2012, 08:23:15 AM »
>Let's have a laugh! "This will certainly be something to write about later!"
>Smirk. "Well, shall we be off then? Until next we meet, Guardian."
>We may as well get going to the kappa outpost that Baraki mentioned, while we still have night to do it in.
>What's next, a Nurikabe? A Gasha-dokuro? Who knows what will appear next, to be either an ally or an obstacle!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #966 on: September 20, 2012, 01:18:33 AM »
>Let's have a laugh! "This will certainly be something to write about later!"
>Smirk. "Well, shall we be off then? Until next we meet, Guardian."
>What's next, a Nurikabe? A Gasha-dokuro? Who knows what will appear next, to be either an ally or an obstacle!

>"I'll say!" Koryu agrees enthusiastically, stopping his flight in front of the bear. "Do you have a name?"
>Baraki walks a bit closer to them. "She can't speak in human tongues. But if she has something to say, she can make herself understood."
>"I believe it." Koryu replies with a nod, stretching out his hand slowly towards the bear's head. The bear does not seem to object, and Koryu lays his hand upon the large ursine's cranium. Baraki smiles again.
>Your call attracts Koryu's attention back to you. "Oh yeah, the Kappa. Right, sorry." He grins at you and then the bear. "Got caught up, didn't I." The bear makes a sneezing sound. Koryu chuckles, and then gives the bear a serious look. "I know I can count on you if push comes to shove."

>We may as well get going to the kappa outpost that Baraki mentioned, while we still have night to do it in.

>Bidding farewell to the Guardian Baraki, who salutes you with her staff, she turns and walks towards the east, while Koryu and the bear float back down the ground and walk out from under the trees, joining you. The three of you take off into the sky, and start to head southeast.
>As you pass over the trees, however, that uncomfortable sensation you felt before returns. Stronger now than it was when you were simply close to the trees.

>The time is now 1:21 AM.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #967 on: September 20, 2012, 01:46:25 AM »
>Try not to shudder. There'll be time for that after we get past the trees.
>So for now, let's keep moving!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #968 on: September 20, 2012, 02:11:20 AM »
>Try not to shudder. There'll be time for that after we get past the trees.
>So for now, let's keep moving!

>Deciding to tough it out, you keep pressing straightforward the way Baraki directed.
>The feeling persists, though, and intensifies as you continue to pass over the trees. You start to feel sickened, and weakened as well. It feels almost like a ward of some sort.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #969 on: September 20, 2012, 02:58:33 AM »
>Let's float over to Kouryu. "Ugh...There must be a ward...We'll have to circumvent most of the grove if it will be like this."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #970 on: September 20, 2012, 03:01:03 AM »
>Let's float over to Kouryu. "Ugh...There must be a ward...We'll have to circumvent most of the grove if it will be like this."

>He and the bear had been trailing behind you, so you reverse and bring him up to speed.
>"I don't feel anything." He looks around below him. "Maybe it's a vampire thing." He points to your left, the shortest distance to the treeline. "It shouldn't take us too long to fly around the long way."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #971 on: September 20, 2012, 03:07:31 AM »
>Nod. "Then we'll use that route."
>Let's go and simply skirt the forest's edge instead.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #972 on: September 20, 2012, 07:32:53 AM »
>Nod. "Then we'll use that route."
>Let's go and simply skirt the forest's edge instead.

>Flying around the forest will add a little to your flying time, but it's far preferable to continuing on the straight path. So you decide to heed the young man's advice and fly out from over the trees.
>You start to feel better as you get closer to the forest's edge, and better still when you clear the green airspace. But you still feel slightly nauseated and weakened, and a touch light-headed.
>"You all right?" Koryu asks as you pause for a moment to catch your breath.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #973 on: September 20, 2012, 07:43:16 AM »
>"I shall recover soon enough...Just a little lightheaded."
>Are these the same symptoms we suffer when we haven't had blood in a while?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #974 on: September 20, 2012, 08:04:52 AM »
>"I shall recover soon enough...Just a little lightheaded."
>Are these the same symptoms we suffer when we haven't had blood in a while?

>Koryu glances back at the grove beneath you, then looks at the bear. "Is the forest protected from vampires, or something?" The bear's head goes up and down in an ursine nod. "But why?" The bear has no answer to that one.
>Not entirely the same. Lack of blood tends to evoke a more... primal response from vampires, and you yourself are no exception to this, if you're honest with yourself. Although there is a sense of physical weakness caused by lack of blood that is not entirely dissimilar to this.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #975 on: September 20, 2012, 08:22:39 AM »
>"I suspect it must be due to that 'Blighter' thing she mentioned. Well, I have no real desire to go after anything like that myself, though I can't say the same for the Countess. Though I am interested in at least what it could be. An artifact? A weapon? Another person? Nobody knows but those of the forest."
>How much is in our little vial of prepared blood?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #976 on: September 20, 2012, 08:58:08 AM »
>"I suspect it must be due to that 'Blighter' thing she mentioned. Well, I have no real desire to go after anything like that myself, though I can't say the same for the Countess. Though I am interested in at least what it could be. An artifact? A weapon? Another person? Nobody knows but those of the forest."
>How much is in our little vial of prepared blood?

>"And you ain't sayin', are you, girl?" Koryu asks the bear, whose head waves side to side in a negative answer. Koryu merely shrugs. "Maybe I can find out myself, after this Countess thing is all settled up."
>Enough to make about half a meal. It's more of an emergency supply than a meal supplement.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #977 on: September 20, 2012, 09:03:03 AM »
>"Well, hopefully I won't be in this state for the confrontation. That would be a rather irksome matter. Let's move on. And this time, we'll go around the Warded Grove."
>Let's get going to the outpost at the best speed we can muster.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #978 on: September 20, 2012, 09:34:34 AM »
>"Well, hopefully I won't be in this state for the confrontation. That would be a rather irksome matter. Let's move on. And this time, we'll go around the Warded Grove."
>Let's get going to the outpost at the best speed we can muster.

>Giving yourself a few more feet of space between you and the grove, you set off again, heading south for now, until you pass the grove, and then planning to turn southeast towards the kappa village. Fortunately, your speed doesn't seem to be hampered much, if at all. You'll be clear-headed and iron-stomached again in a matter of time, you tell yourself.
>Koryu and the bear tuck in behind you as you set off, Koryu's face a mix of curiosity and concern. "Do you need fresh blood?" he asks you.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #979 on: September 20, 2012, 09:59:39 AM »
>"I should be fine, having any more would make me bloated either way. Hopefully I'll recover by the time we reach the village."
>Let's roll.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #980 on: September 21, 2012, 08:45:46 AM »
>"I should be fine, having any more would make me bloated either way. Hopefully I'll recover by the time we reach the village."
>Let's roll.

>"All right." Koryu replies. "Just ask if you need."
>You continue on your way south. It takes about 15 minutes or so flying time to reach the tip of the trees, allowing you and your motley companions to finally turn towards the southeast.
>It doesn't take long for you to catch sight of the Kappa village, as there are several lights coming from the village, including a large concentration in what you would guess is the center of town. And a peculiar floral scent on the breeze, mixed with some kind of smokey smell.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #981 on: September 21, 2012, 09:10:51 AM »
>"Well, that's a rather odd smell. I'll change into my bat form, and let you do the talking when we land. I've already encountered one Kappa who was put off by my presence. These will likely be no different."
>That being said, change to bat form and land in the village with the others, taking a perch on Kouryu's shoulder when we do.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #982 on: September 22, 2012, 04:28:42 AM »
>"Well, that's a rather odd smell. I'll change into my bat form, and let you do the talking when we land. I've already encountered one Kappa who was put off by my presence. These will likely be no different."
>That being said, change to bat form and land in the village with the others, taking a perch on Kouryu's shoulder when we do.

>Koryu sniffs the air. "I don't smell anything." The bear also has a whiff, and sneezes. Koryu chuckles wryly. "Yeah. Human nose."
>The young man nods. "If you say so. I've met a few kappa, and most of them were pretty shy around me. Still, I suppose shy might be better than 'put off'. I'll do what I can." He glances at the bear again as you transform. "You might be a bit hard to explain, though." The bear grunts, and thrusts her head backwards, towards her back. Koryu blinks. "Are you saying you... You want me to RIDE you into that village?" The bear nods. "But.... you're a youk-" The bear cuts him off with a sharp growl.
>You feel a twinge of annoyance. The human's protests are costing you valuable time. The night's not going to last forever.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #983 on: September 22, 2012, 04:50:40 AM »
>"They won't know that unless they see her land. Now if you please, let's not waste any more time." Let's shift to bat form and land with them.
>We should be careful that another Sin Spirit isn't here. Is the twinge of annoyance normal-feeling? Or does it feel as if it's from an outside force, like with Envy?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #984 on: September 22, 2012, 07:13:48 AM »
>"They won't know that unless they see her land. Now if you please, let's not waste any more time." Let's shift to bat form and land with them.
>We should be careful that another Sin Spirit isn't here. Is the twinge of annoyance normal-feeling? Or does it feel as if it's from an outside force, like with Envy?

>A burst of air rushes out of the bear's nostrils. She seems to share your impatience.
>The young man sighs. "All right, all right." he says somewhat irritatedly. The three of you descend to the outskirts of the village, then, and Koryu mounts the bear, looking a bit uncomfortable up there.
>It didn't feel entirely out of place. The lad's principals or morals or whatever were slowing you down. Plus that flowery smell is tickling your nose, and is vexingly evading your attempts to identify it. It's only natural to be a bit annoyed.

>The bear shuffles forwards. The village is more than just an outpost, it's a fair sized place. Not as big as the human village, but easily big enough to accommodate a couple hundred kappa or more. It is built on the river itself, with what seems from the air to be a dam built across it, connecting the buildings on one side of the river to the ones on the other.
>As the bear shuffles through the bare streets, the young man cocks a hand to his ear in order to hear what you already can: the sound of a crowd, mulling about, coming from the center of town. Human hearing is so pathetic compared to yours. And that damned flower smell's getting worse, although at least you can place the smoky bit now. Someone is barbequing up ahead. Meat and fish, by the scent of it.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #985 on: September 22, 2012, 09:07:22 AM »
>Whisper a bit; "Well, let's head to the gathering then. Perhaps we'll find out what that flower scent is as well."
>Let's chill as we go along for the ride.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #986 on: September 22, 2012, 10:57:29 AM »
>Whisper a bit; "Well, let's head to the gathering then. Perhaps we'll find out what that flower scent is as well."
>Let's chill as we go along for the ride.

>Koryu nods, while the bear merely plods forward. She pauses but once, passing down a small alley between two larger buildings, growling once, an irritated sound, and shaking her paw before continuing.
>Very few of the houses along the way have lit windows. Only two, in fact. Rest of town must be either in bed or gathered in the center of town. One of those lights, however, produces the sound of an argument from within. A petty sounding thing, but loud enough to annoy you. They'd probably be useless to you, so you direct the bear to pass them by.
>The bear growls in response, an annoyed sound. Uppidy little youkai...
>"Not so loud, will ya?" Koryu snaps at the bear. "I don't want to announce a bear walking through a kappa town sooner than I have to." The bear snarls sharply and snaps her teeth shut, telling quite clearly what she thought about Koryu's tone.
>Even the general tone from the crowd ahead seems more hostile than not.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #987 on: September 22, 2012, 12:07:50 PM »
>Hmm..Perhaps Wrath is already here. "Take our ursine friend and find a little spot to stay out of sight while I look in on the gathering up ahead. I suspect we may have found the influence of another Sin Spirit."
>Come to think of it, there heve been more Vampires of late. Ourself, the Scarlet Devil. And then this Cobalt Countess. What's next, a Green Duchess? A Yellow King?
>Well, that last one could be rather bad news. Given that there was a book lying around the Library that mentioned something similar.
>At any rate, let's take a moment to steel ourselves and center our mind before doing a flyby over the gathering to inspect it.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #988 on: September 23, 2012, 02:16:56 AM »
>Hmm..Perhaps Wrath is already here. "Take our ursine friend and find a little spot to stay out of sight while I look in on the gathering up ahead. I suspect we may have found the influence of another Sin Spirit."
>Come to think of it, there heve been more Vampires of late. Ourself, the Scarlet Devil. And then this Cobalt Countess. What's next, a Green Duchess? A Yellow King?
>Well, that last one could be rather bad news. Given that there was a book lying around the Library that mentioned something similar.
>At any rate, let's take a moment to steel ourselves and center our mind before doing a flyby over the gathering to inspect it.

>"Screw that." Koryu interrupts you before you can tell him of your theory.
>Sin Spirit or no, you hate being interrupted. Nobody interrupts the Scarlet Devil.
>"I didn't fly all this way to hide in an alley." Koryu continues. The bear growls, seemingly in agreement. But the young man's faint scowl fades slightly, looking a little confused. "Why did I...." He shakes his head and presses a hand to the side of his head. "Why am I so... so angry..." His voice is more of a snarl at the end of his sentance. He then looks up at the sky, anger plain on his face. "And where is that damned SMELL coming from?!"

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #989 on: September 23, 2012, 02:37:55 AM »
>"You should fall back. This is likely Wrath's influence. I expect that I am far more able to resist it than you two."