Author Topic: Angel Beats! Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win  (Read 101704 times)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: Angel Beats! Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win
« Reply #1260 on: July 15, 2012, 03:27:25 PM »
I blame town for convincing me confirmed masons = autotown

I am never trusting masons again
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #1261 on: July 15, 2012, 03:30:35 PM »
Confirmed Masons = Auto-Town

The problem is that Masons claiming they're Masons does not equal Confirmed Masons. Protip: It's not Confirmed until a Town Rolecop flips after claiming they are Confirmed Masons, one of the Masons dies and flips as such thereby confirming their Mason partner or an Informed Townie is told there is a Mason pair and there is no one counter-claiming the Mason claim (FWIW masons are always better off counter-claiming a fake Mason Claim because that's -2 Scum for -2 Town instantly).

ANY OTHER SITUATION: Masons aren't confirmed to be Masons.

NOTE: Last situation only applies if you are said Informed Townie, or if said Informed Townie claimed info then died and flipped as Informed Townie.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #1262 on: July 15, 2012, 03:31:57 PM »
I LIKE MAFIA

AND

I BELIEVE MYSELF TO BE GOOD AT IT

EDIOT: BUT ONLY SOMETIMES
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #1263 on: July 15, 2012, 03:34:18 PM »
This space reserved for connection woes.

Also CONQ. >:< I should have known you were evil, look at how scummy that faaace is

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #1264 on: July 15, 2012, 03:37:11 PM »
oh hey the game is over  :)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1265 on: July 15, 2012, 03:37:36 PM »
Technically Conq and Affinity were very good, not-evil people!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #1266 on: July 15, 2012, 03:38:15 PM »
only if we keep actiondan as an idiot

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #1267 on: July 15, 2012, 03:38:58 PM »
only if we keep actiondan as an idiot

Sustained.

:3c

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #1268 on: July 15, 2012, 03:41:39 PM »
quote from: scum QT
i could see nameless filling in for that slot (no offense) but if bard subs in we're basically fucked and i'm sorry bard ;_;

???
It's good thing I was following along the game because otherwise I would have subbed in, caught up been ??? ??? as confirmed town/scum and probably lynched D4.  Since that seems to happen to me.  Mind explaining why you could see me filling in for that slot though?

Also I echo the sentiment HW posted in the QT about not wanting to play another game with LLD

HW=policy lynch/policy NK now  :V

Bardiche

« Reply #1269 on: July 15, 2012, 03:43:22 PM »
I LIKE MAFIA

AND

I BELIEVE MYSELF TO BE GOOD AT IT

EDIOT: BUT ONLY SOMETIMES

Well you stink at it lol

Seriously, though, it's a good idea to reconsider the approach you take when playing Mafia. Take pride in being the N1 kill (means you are Scum's greatest threat/optimal target) and else take pride in arguing a proper lynch onto the one you think is a scumbag. Accept nothing less. Guessing who is Sum and being unable to get a lynch on one is terrible.

Edible you... you... ;_;

Rawr. NEVER CLAIM MASONS AS SCUM AGAIN AAAAAAAAAAH. So much rage.

« Reply #1270 on: July 15, 2012, 03:44:46 PM »
i read part of hw post about claiming masons. i missed the part where he said claim it if were under pressure :V

« Reply #1271 on: July 15, 2012, 03:45:49 PM »
i read part of hw post about claiming masons. i forgot the part where he said claim it if were under pressure :V
fixed

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #1272 on: July 15, 2012, 03:46:50 PM »
Well, everything works once in the end.  Turned up cool though, and everyone felt the sway.

Bardiche

« Reply #1273 on: July 15, 2012, 03:47:59 PM »
i read part of hw post about claiming masons. i forgot the part where he said claim it if were under pressure :V

How exactly is this supposed to appease the fury that is my keyboard?  But hey, it's totally cool, we managed to win anyway.

Curiousity: LSD, why didn't you cop the Masons? Wouldn't that have confirmed 2 town/scum?  :derp:

Well, everything works once in the end.  Turned up cool though, and everyone felt the sway.

Get luck and chance. I really wanted to lynch you for claiming SK. ;_;

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #1274 on: July 15, 2012, 03:48:18 PM »
Somebody find me which moron first called the claim 'confirmed town'? That's another piece of basic play that people have just thrown away.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #1275 on: July 15, 2012, 03:50:46 PM »
Pesco's posts were the best part of this game. Town lost the townie spirit when he died. Pesco MVP 4 sure.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1276 on: July 15, 2012, 03:56:30 PM »
I mostly never questioned the mason claim because I thought HW was town, which didn't change until BT flipped town, which was a bit of a shock. :C (Of course, the mason claim dissolved waaaay before then)

Bard was weird the entire time, but I didn't seriously consider it as actually scummy weird until the hammer on Neko.

QQ HW, can never read him right, so scary
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #1277 on: July 15, 2012, 04:00:25 PM »
I was the one to say they were town D1.

I think Affinity + Conq should have true-claimed D3 at the lastest, maybe D2

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #1278 on: July 15, 2012, 04:01:24 PM »
am I the only one who thinks the set-up was pro-town?

Don't lynch me.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #1279 on: July 15, 2012, 04:02:40 PM »
I can read Huhwhat! I've been in lots of games with him!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #1280 on: July 15, 2012, 04:21:07 PM »
What good reason was there to go parading the mason claim as confirmed town when there have been no flips? Especially when it's not one of the claimed pair's flip. Even if you found HW town, the claim came from Rawr, who I doubt anyone could say that he was clearly pro-town at the time. LLD's call for one of their heads is perfectly reasonable. Lynching Rawr first is also reasonable from the point of view of any townie.

It's personal preference that I wanted HW to die first. There had been several games where scum got away with claiming scum early. Refuge in audacity was discussed aplenty. Right now it happens and my feeling was that this was what they were going for.  I felt that a Rawr lynch first would give space to HW to say that they were in fact neighbours (easily evidencible when they don't flip Mason). If neighbours, he absolves himself of responsibility for Rawr's claim. Seeing as they were indeed scum, removing HW leaves the weaker player to be easily caught out. Town being dumb notwithstanding.

« Reply #1281 on: July 15, 2012, 04:41:46 PM »
I get back after a week out of town and don't even feel like reading the game after hearing about all of the rage over it.

Games are supposed to be fun and stuff.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1282 on: July 15, 2012, 04:44:29 PM »
This game wasn't actually all that ragey. (At least not compared to other examples on motk)

It was pretty derptastic though.

I personally had fun, but I'm easy.

ActionDan

« Reply #1283 on: July 15, 2012, 05:00:56 PM »
This game wasn't actually all that ragey. (At least not compared to other examples on motk)

It was pretty derptastic though.

I personally had fun, but I'm easy.

+1

oh Conq, I was thinking that "fuuuuuuuuuuuu :V" contained secret guilt :D

And BT did read town to me, so I guess it was lucky he was saddled with me, even if he did want to string me up.

Oh yeah, Bard's cases were bad teehee.  Shadoweh case was "lol I see the light, Kilga is good" Neko's was "Neko bad" and mine was "Reportry" when I was one of the only people to look at Affinity seriously besides Kilga.

While LLD got the masons right as the scum team, I think her gambit with Shadoweh was not worth outing the cop.  I was gonna press her a bit more had she survived.

Conq Scum tell = leading mislynches :V.  Although I guess he thought they were scum this game.  Still stands!

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #1284 on: July 15, 2012, 05:13:10 PM »
How exactly is this supposed to appease the fury that is my keyboard?
then try to think about a conqxaffinity shipping

Bardiche

« Reply #1285 on: July 15, 2012, 05:25:39 PM »
Oh yeah, Bard's cases were bad teehee.  Shadoweh case was "lol I see the light, Kilga is good" Neko's was "Neko bad" and mine was "Reportry" when I was one of the only people to look at Affinity seriously besides Kilga.

And yet no one ever pushed a lynch onto me.  ::)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #1286 on: July 15, 2012, 05:35:50 PM »
huh what - Yuri Nakamura, Leader of the Afterlife War Front(Action Immune Godmother)
Dormioooooooooo

Well, as if I would ever want to let Yuri move out of purgatory anyways. She can stay there forever for all I care. >:<

Figured huhwhat was pulling a gambit with his post-hammer scumclaim because of Bard's obvious lover fishing implying rolecop meaning that huhwhat knew they couldn't just roleblock the SK but I figured it was a reverse gambit where he would pull the refuge in audacity card again and claim his actual role.  :ohdear: Dear god the WIFOM.
It's true that we probably would have shot Bard otherwise though so good on that.

Uh, not really sure what to say otherwise. I thought the setup was reasonably balanced for what it was. Town sorta tore itself apart though. Don't really begrudge losing to mafia via coinflip despite DAT CLAIM.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #1287 on: July 15, 2012, 05:37:02 PM »
We did it Yuzuru! We helped ALL the townies move on! *_*

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #1288 on: July 15, 2012, 05:38:33 PM »
We did it Yuzuru! We helped ALL the townies move on! *_*

Flavour victory for town :V

Conqueror

« Reply #1289 on: July 15, 2012, 05:57:42 PM »
I do find it kind of disappointing that I was shot because I was thought to be scum, though. Conq, seriously, when there are 90 minutes left in the day, you don't ask for clarification on a case that's (a) irrelevant, and (b) dropped. :C
Oh, sorry about that. I was getting paranoid because it looked like you were setting up our lynches for the next day or something. You were kinda PoE scum, but even if you weren't scum we rationalized you were a good shot for us because you were pushing both of us as lynches.

@Dan: I think Affinity was more for trueclaiming and I more against it. Not sure how useful it would have been in the end; scum found out what they needed with the rolecop but the revelation of a 2:2 setup would have made a real prisoner's dilemma or something so who knows.

Scum/SK argument on D2 is pretty hilarious in retrospect.