Author Topic: Angel Beats! Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win  (Read 101738 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Angel Beats! Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win
« Reply #1230 on: July 15, 2012, 11:57:05 AM »
HW(Godmother)- Shoot Pesco
PESCO WAS RIGHT

Also obligatory aaaaa etc.

I'm impossible at reading HW yet again.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #1231 on: July 15, 2012, 11:57:40 AM »
Affinity and Conq do deserve to win. As I said from the graveyard, there's no such thing as being town anymore. But you were the only one that could be certainly said to be 'not-scum'.

I damn well want to point fingers. But what good is that going to do? It's the same people. Doing the same dumb things. Every single time.

My staying on HW this game was probably the closest I've come to enforcing a policy lynch. I will take it as a sign that this is the way to start curbing the habits of retardtown. Rid the game of people are hampering the town wincon has really become the more optimal way to doing things than trying to specifically find scum on Day 1.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1232 on: July 15, 2012, 12:06:45 PM »
Anyway, self-reviving serial killer lovers is a very... interesting rolepair.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1233 on: July 15, 2012, 12:17:26 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaa Bard wasn't kidding about the HW/Bard/Serela scumteam

The only thing I actually saw that was off about HW was that time he took the bait on Dan's "l-1" vote in D3. But HW messes around a lot so it was easy to see it as him just kidding. (Which he still might have actually been doing.)

If I hadn't been so convinced BT was scum (as seen in graveyard) I would have endorsed killing Bard for being weird as hell 24/7 since he joined, and -especially- the Rex hammer (I wouldn't do it purely for the former, but the latter itself is a sign you should seriously look at the person), but... hurf. I suppose after he flipped something entirely non-neighbory I'd have reluctantly agreed to lynch HW. But it would have taken several people wanting to lynch Bard over BT since I wanted BT dead, and considering BT was lynched d4 anyway, that probably wouldn't have happened! So oh well. (And apparently the SKs weren't a town threat so we didn't have to kill them? I'm not entirely sure how their lylo exception clause works.)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1234 on: July 15, 2012, 12:29:52 PM »
(And apparently the SKs weren't a town threat so we didn't have to kill them? I'm not entirely sure how their lylo exception clause works.)
Early scumwipe would have resulted in town victory and ITP loss. Hence the weird pseudo-lylo thing happening and being important, rather than me just not announcing anything.
Also, for clarification, pseudo-lylo was announced as it was possible for town to get into an unwinnable situation, which they did. (Kittan later pointed out that there was a very small chance for town to win, but it was extremely unlikely to happen, so whatever.)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #1235 on: July 15, 2012, 12:51:40 PM »
I take no credit for being anything close to good this game, since I consistently believed the scum team were townies even after the mason claim turned into a neighborhood claim.

I do find it kind of disappointing that I was shot because I was thought to be scum, though. Conq, seriously, when there are 90 minutes left in the day, you don't ask for clarification on a case that's (a) irrelevant, and (b) dropped. :C

Also anyone that suspected Dan at any point after about the middle of Day 2 should be ashamed of themselves because he was the most-obvious-for-not-silly-reasons townie in the game, even without that tracker result.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #1236 on: July 15, 2012, 01:06:16 PM »
In other news, this is now gambit mafia. Too bad Bardiche isn't playing. :V

Omba in Graveyard. No, Omba, I'm in your Gambits Mafier.

Seriously though, now that I'm back, some post-game comments:

Lynch everything that claims Scum. I replaced into this game thinking HW should be an easy lynch since he claimed Scum ad nauseum, only to find out I was his flippin' scumbuddy in a two-Scum team with a Mason claim where I'd need to explain why the fuck I wouldn't be NKed (expectation). Suffice it to say I was A Little Annoyed.

Huh What definite Scum MVP for me since he kept me motivated and actually managed to get everyone off his back and onto others. I didn't even do much this game. Affinity and Conq really got cheated out of their win; Sorry! Town had a minuscule chance to win since Pseudo-LYLO so :( for Town. Pesco was totes right in lynching HW for claiming Scum.

Not much else to say. Despite my earlier annoyance I think the game was actually fairly balanced.

Bardiche

« Reply #1237 on: July 15, 2012, 01:24:24 PM »
Having finished reading the Graveyard, I wonder if there's ever someone who can die without calling all the living players idiots and acting like they're the only competent people. All the hubris in the Graveyard is pretty galling.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #1238 on: July 15, 2012, 01:30:02 PM »
I only recall thinking people dumb for pursuing Dan (and obviously if you're not town you're exempt from accusations of bad scumhunting). If I did more than that, then I apologize.

But yes, the Graveyard QT has been Grand Confirmation Bias Central for several months now.

Also!

Night 2
LLD - Affinity (Dead)

What was the result here? I don't recall LLD mentioning anything.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1239 on: July 15, 2012, 01:33:11 PM »
Not a threat to town. (at that point in time)

The cop was supposed to be inferior to the tracker. In the original setup, one lover would investigate as guilty and the other as innocent, but that was changed with the LYLO mechanic and having the cop investigate threats to town rather than innocent/guilty.

Also of note, you would have received the lover's target if you tracked either of them when they were performing their kills.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 01:37:16 PM by Ran Yakumo »

Bardiche

« Reply #1240 on: July 15, 2012, 01:38:28 PM »
I only recall thinking people dumb for pursuing Dan (and obviously if you're not town you're exempt from accusations of bad scumhunting). If I did more than that, then I apologize.

But yes, the Graveyard QT has been Grand Confirmation Bias Central for several months now.

And it really needs to stop. Just because people aren't dead and have attained Nirvana like all others do when shot in the face doesn't mean they automatically qualify for idiots and morons (or scum): Part of the game is to get people to NOT look at you in closer detail and to play the rest, and part of the game is also the environment and growing stress over getting the right target and the paranoia. Calling someone an idiot or otherwise insulting them simply for having played the game is more telling of your own traits than those of others.

I'll allow for some Graveyard frustration but a few days into being dead is really ???. I do agree the game went downhill from D2, LSD's gambit didn't quite work out well there.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #1241 on: July 15, 2012, 01:45:09 PM »
If players can't even get the basics right, they're being stupid to try and play the game with advanced speculations. I'll take the times you guys considered Kilga was scum as an example. Players that are declared dead were obviously killed. The flip was not revealed. Thus it can't have been a town-controlled kill. If a vig had such a power, they'd still do something along the lines of claiming the kill. Kilga got killed for a reason, so if anyone had bothered to reread his posts, where do you even get that he was scum? Oh but there were 2 kills... Read the posts of the dead guy. If he was town, why did he say those things he said. If he was scum, what benefit does what he did? Trying to game the setup made a glorious waste of any scumhunting from Night 2 onwards.

Lexicat

• Cat in a Rage
  • Who am I again?
« Reply #1242 on: July 15, 2012, 02:13:22 PM »
What part of "don't let the masons live into LyLo" did you guys misunderstand?

Further, while I admit I gt sidetracked with Shadoweh, I told you guys you needed to kill Conq straight up.

I mean, -shrug-. My reads wet erratically mostly because I kept getting distracted from Conq. So Conq an Affinity did a good job there.

But this town should have lynched Huh What before lylo. And then when he flipped scum without the word "neighbour" in his role, you should have lynched Bard. And with the Conq lynch I suggested for day 3, you would have just had 1 scum left, yes?

Now granted, I was looking for a 3 man scum team, and it turned out to be a 9:2:2,.

Everyone fucked up a little but Conq/affinity should have won, and town should have bloody lynched Huh What before lylo.

Bardiche

« Reply #1243 on: July 15, 2012, 02:17:13 PM »
But this town should have lynched Huh What before lylo.

D3 was pseudo-LYLO, D2 you focused onto Shadi with your gambit. There was no opportunity except D1.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #1244 on: July 15, 2012, 02:23:40 PM »
Bard you're the worst

I hate "lol I claim Scum" because it's goddamn annoying and I instinctively want to lynch anyone who claims Scum.
Of course not, [Huhwhat] and Serela are my buddies. Neighbour QT more like Scum QT amirite

But seriously I'm still pretty mad you quicklynched me without giving me any last words and then nobody called you out on it.

This game was overall a trainwreck post D1 though.

I'm glad most of my gut was justified. Why doesn't anyone ever listen to my gut?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 02:25:32 PM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #1245 on: July 15, 2012, 02:33:44 PM »
game the flavor all main characters = scum!

lol Conq was SK.  I was thinking it might be 2:2 because it wasn't 3:1, and 2:1 didn't explain how town could lose from a mislynch.

Don't lynch me.

Lexicat

• Cat in a Rage
  • Who am I again?
« Reply #1246 on: July 15, 2012, 02:34:34 PM »
Pseudo LyLo is the time to lynch a mason claim.

Especially one that turned into a neighbor claim.

ALSO, this setup is another demon I won't get into.

Affinity was MVP btw. Even lynching HW Conq and Bard, no way to guarantee I would lynch Affinity in time >.>x

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #1247 on: July 15, 2012, 02:36:20 PM »
Dan was the only town I acknowledged after my death

It was that bad

But no seriously this game was pretty interesting, if not horribly lopsided towards anti-town.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #1248 on: July 15, 2012, 02:37:36 PM »
I guess it's a pretty decently balanced game.
Same thought here.

I spent all of my rage days ago, so I'll just say the fact that town managed to lynch town 4 times in a row speaks for itself. I know I screwed up, too, but seriously guys.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #1249 on: July 15, 2012, 02:42:13 PM »
Quote from: Neko
I'm glad most of my gut was justified. Why doesn't anyone ever listen to my gut?

Because most of us thought you were scum the entire game?  Playing mafia is not only about guessing who's scum, but also convincing other people that you are town and that your scumreads are right.  You failed on the last two counts, allowing scum to push a valid case on you that others agreed on, so self-explanatory that Bard's quicklynch vote looked only mildly strange to everyone except Dan.  Don't think you should be so haughty regarding the game. 

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #1250 on: July 15, 2012, 02:44:25 PM »
But I thought I was cleared after D1 :V

What happened to all that D1 read?

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #1251 on: July 15, 2012, 02:45:53 PM »
Ouch.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #1252 on: July 15, 2012, 02:48:07 PM »
I'd also like to note all the "Scum suspicion" was both anti-town factions piling suspicion on me over the day

It felt like you guys were working together over the course of the game.

Bardiche

« Reply #1253 on: July 15, 2012, 02:55:46 PM »
Being read as Town D1 doesn't mean you will be read as Town on consecutive days. I'd hazard to say that of all things Mafia is, it is the least about guessing who the Scum are. It's arriving at the conclusion who the Scum are with arguments that can convince others, be they emotional, mathematically logical, reasonable or charismatic appeals. At the same time it is convincing other people that not only you are right, but that you are a member of the Town.

People too often think that seeing who the Scum is is some sort of activity worthy a medal. It isn't. Knowing who is Scum and yet not getting them lynched is as bad as not knowing who the Scum are and not getting them lynched. Lynching Scum by pure luck is also nothing you should be happy about. The purpose of the game is to convince others. To make others see what you see.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #1254 on: July 15, 2012, 02:59:07 PM »
CAN IT BARD YOU'RE DEAD TO ME

EXCEPT YOU'RE NOT BECAUSE NOONE EVER LYNCHED YOU

(I guess you're right, but this game was too tough after Shadoweh flipped town >:/)

Bardiche

« Reply #1255 on: July 15, 2012, 03:01:35 PM »
D2 ruined this game.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #1256 on: July 15, 2012, 03:07:41 PM »
This isn't Gambit Mafia
:V

Finding out who's scum is the first step. If you fail to follow through like I did with "uh, masons? :unvote:", then it's completely useless.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #1257 on: July 15, 2012, 03:08:05 PM »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #1258 on: July 15, 2012, 03:14:30 PM »
Imma let you finish but D2 was a way better game than D3.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #1259 on: July 15, 2012, 03:26:42 PM »
D2 NEVER HAPPENED LA LA LA LA LA
To be fair when Neko got lynched there were equal parts scum to town.

Oh huh what. I would be confirmed scum masons with you anytime. <3

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia