Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 183190 times)

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2012, 06:07:36 PM »
> Reimu's fought all these things before, let's ask her about them.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2012, 08:08:03 PM »
> Reimu's fought all these things before, let's ask her about them.

You decide that seeing Reimu before you go might be a good idea. It certainly couldn't hurt, and you were planning on seeing her sometime soon about the youkai attacks anyway. Is there anything else in town you wanted to get done before you head to the Shrine?

Mokou's over on the other side of the marketplace, chatting with a couple of the children.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2012, 08:12:38 PM »
> Gather supplies for trip.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2012, 08:44:50 PM »
> Gather supplies for trip.

You grab some general supplies to carry with you on your little trip to the underground. Foods, water, that sort of thing. Is there anything in particular you want to pick up?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2012, 08:54:33 PM »
You grab some general supplies to carry with you on your little trip to the underground. Foods, water, that sort of thing. Is there anything in particular you want to pick up?

We might want to spend some time looking for our missing spellcard, seeing as it's our strongest.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2012, 08:55:48 PM »

> Wriggle. Spiders like bugs, right?

> Some kind of gas mask to get by Yamame with would be nice. Anything that we could use to get by a youkai without a confrontation would be nice too. Maybe some kind of gift?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2012, 09:03:50 PM »
> The book does say she's reasonable, and we're rather diplomatic, I imagine.

> Be sure to ask Reimu how she got past her without being infected or anything. Knowing her, it involved danmaku, so maybe Yamane can be reasoned with that way.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2012, 09:33:09 PM »
We might want to spend some time looking for our missing spellcard, seeing as it's our strongest.

You decide that before you go, you want to spend a little time looking for your missing spellcard. Leaving Mokou behind, you dash to your house and spend about 10-15 minutes checking all the likely places. You don't find it, but you did find a good 1500 yen stashed in various corners. You're feeling a little sad now that you can't find your spellcard.

Fortunately, you keep the requires supplies around, and have a very good memory, so you could recreate it pretty easily if you want to spend 10-15 minutes.

> Wriggle. Spiders like bugs, right?

Agreed. This is the perfect solution. Now if only you knew where Wriggle was.

> Some kind of gas mask to get by Yamame with would be nice. Anything that we could use to get by a youkai without a confrontation would be nice too. Maybe some kind of gift?

> The book does say she's reasonable, and we're rather diplomatic, I imagine.

A gift would probably be nicer than a gas mask. You're charismatic enough, so you'll probably be able to negotiate your way through, and a gift can always help with that.

> Be sure to ask Reimu how she got past her without being infected or anything. Knowing her, it involved danmaku, so maybe Yamane can be reasoned with that way.

Or you could pick the Reimu route and blast your way through. You know Mokou would enjoy that. Mental note, speak to Reimu.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2012, 10:42:25 PM »
> We've left Mokou alone long enough.

> Bring spell card supplies with us.

> Gift ideas.

I'm thinking a bottle of wine would be good.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2012, 11:02:49 PM »
> We've left Mokou alone long enough.

> Bring spell card supplies with us.

You don't really want to keep Mokou waiting another 15 minutes while you craft a spellcard. With that in mind, you gather up a few supplies and put them into a small bag, along with some transportable food and some water.

> Gift ideas.

I'm thinking a bottle of wine would be good.

Mmm... delicious wine. You know a good winemaker in town, actually. You could always stop by there on the way out. You meet up with Mokou, who no longer has children around her. She waves to you.

"So, we goin' to this Underground or what?"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2012, 11:25:01 PM »
> "Yes."

> Pick up a bottle along the way.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2012, 11:37:30 PM »
> "Yes."

> Pick up a bottle along the way.

Accompanied by a grinning Mokou, you buy a bottle of wine from your winemaker friend and set off towards the Hakurei Shrine. It doesn't take you long to get there, and on your way up to the shrine, you notice a gray-haired... well, maid calmly leaving, holding an umbrella for what appears to be a fuming vampire. You'd obviously recognize Sakuya and Remilia anywhere.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2012, 11:38:28 PM »
Accompanied by a grinning Mokou, you buy a bottle of wine from your winemaker friend and set off towards the Hakurei Shrine. It doesn't take you long to get there, and on your way up to the shrine, you notice a gray-haired... well, maid calmly leaving, holding an umbrella for what appears to be a fuming vampire. You'd obviously recognize Sakuya and Remilia anywhere.

> "Hello! What brings you out today?"

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2012, 11:43:35 PM »
> "Hello! What brings you out today?"

Remilia turns her head to the side and mutters "I don't want to talk about it." Sakuya sighs, and gives you an "I hope you understand" glance before saying "Something's happened at the mansion. We were hoping to get Reimu's assistance, but she apparently wasn't interested. Loudly was she not interested. I wish you best of luck if she is your destination." With that, she continues to walk past you.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2012, 01:25:27 AM »
Remilia turns her head to the side and mutters "I don't want to talk about it." Sakuya sighs, and gives you an "I hope you understand" glance before saying "Something's happened at the mansion. We were hoping to get Reimu's assistance, but she apparently wasn't interested. Loudly was she not interested. I wish you best of luck if she is your destination." With that, she continues to walk past you.

> "Did she start shooting?"

> Ask Sakuya, Remilia's obvious not in the mood.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2012, 02:08:10 AM »
>If Reimu's in a bad mood, we'll just toss a few coins into her donation box. That should put us on her good side.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2012, 02:34:31 AM »
> "Did she start shooting?"

Sakuya shook her head, calm as usual. "Fortunately, we left before it came to that. I was worried at more than one point that she was going to take out a spellcard, though. For what reason are you visiting the miko, if you don't mind me asking?"

> Ask Sakuya, Remilia's obvious not in the mood.

No, definitely not. In fact, you don't think you've ever seen her this angry before. Then again, you haven't seen her often, but still.

>If Reimu's in a bad mood, we'll just toss a few coins into her donation box. That should put us on her good side.

Coins are always a good idea. You hear that 300 yen will make Reimu's mood float up like a jellyfish Fortunately, you have some yen with you. You know Mokou's usually broke.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2012, 03:03:48 AM »
Sakuya shook her head, calm as usual. "Fortunately, we left before it came to that. I was worried at more than one point that she was going to take out a spellcard, though. For what reason are you visiting the miko, if you don't mind me asking?"

> "Planning a little trip to the underground, and since Reimu's one of the few people who's been there, she probably knows the dangers best."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2012, 03:11:07 AM »
> "Planning a little trip to the underground, and since Reimu's one of the few people who's been there, she probably knows the dangers best."

Sakuya nods. "I am sorry that I cannot be of much help to you there, but I have never visited the underground either. Patchouli speaks... spoke of a sun-thrower that lives down there, and Remilia isn't very fond of suns. I'm sure you understand." She doesn't see much room for conversation, and Remilia still looks very angry, so she begins to walk in the opposite direction.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:22:49 AM by IdiotsOpposite »

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2012, 05:18:10 AM »
> Climb steps to shrine.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2012, 06:57:03 AM »
> Inform them that Sanae is currently inside the human village, and if they wait nearby they might be able to get her help.

> Also remember we've just left Kogasa INSIDE the village.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2012, 10:37:39 AM »
> Inform them that Sanae is currently inside the human village, and if they wait nearby they might be able to get her help.

Sakuya nods, smiling. Remilia looks more than ready to leave. "Thank you for the information, Keine. And a pleasant day to you," Sakuya says before heading down the pathway with Remilia.

> Also remember we've just left Kogasa INSIDE the village.

Oh no! You completely forgot! Well, hopefully Sanae will be able to handle her.

> Climb steps to shrine.

You finish climbing the pathway to Hakurei Shrine. As you approach, you can see Suika relaxing on the donation box. It's still early in the day, but it looks like she's already gotten a good start on her drinking. This doesn't surprise you. She cheerily waves at you as you approach.

"Hey Keine!" she shouts, even though you're less than twenty feet from her. She's about to say more, but is interrupted by a loud yelling from inside the shrine's closed doors.

"Who is it this time? I swear, if it's that damn vampire again, I'm going to take my gohei and shove it-- oh." The doors abruptly open and Reimu Hakurei abruptly stops speaking. It's not that cold, but she's still wearing a scarf. It takes Reimu a moment to regain her composure before stammering out, "Um... hey Keine. What brings you here?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2012, 10:47:36 AM »
> Maybe Sukia is better to ask about Yuugi, but we should start with Reimu.

> Save rage about youkai attacks until AFTER we have what we want.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2012, 02:26:15 PM »
> Maybe Sukia is better to ask about Yuugi, but we should start with Reimu.

> Save rage about youkai attacks until AFTER we have what we want.

I will take this to mean that you choose to talk about the Underground first.

Reimu sighs, whether in relief or not you can't tell. She opens the door farther and beckons you inside with the words "A story, huh? Well, come on in. Suika, you too. You know you're not supposed to sit on the donation box."

Reimu doesn't seem very interested in serving tea or, well, anything else it seems, preferring to just tuck herself under her kotatsu and look tired and sick. Which she pulls off with aplomb. Mokou chooses to lean against the wall instead, and Suika wanders off into another room. Reimu's voice now that she's in her comfortable position sounds a bit more relaxed and less tense now.

"Well, you asked about the Underground. Anyone in particular or should I just go through the whole event?"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2012, 03:37:11 PM »
> "The whole event would be nice, but I'm mostly concerned about Yamame. Wouldn't want to cause an epidemic!"

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2012, 05:17:42 PM »
> "The whole event would be nice, but I'm mostly concerned about Yamame. Wouldn't want to cause an epidemic!"

Reimu chuckled a little. "I don't know how much I can help you with her. Yukari said she was an enemy, and I'm not a fan of spiders, so I just knocked her out with some youkai busters before she could recover from her surprise. Apparently I was the first human to go down there in a while. Doesn't Akyu say that she can be reasoned with? That might be more your thing."

She then sighs, knowing you'll want the rest. "As for the whole event... well, the bridge princess was pretty easy, but that might be my control over my emotions. If you don't have much to be jealous of, you should be fine. Yuugi's a special case. She'll want to fight, but she won't take it that seriously. As long as you display some skill, you'll probably be fine with her. I'd guess the other oni are the same way. The satori... I hope you like having your every thought revealed if you go within a mile of her. The cat, I think you've already met. And Utsuho..." She gives a little shudder before continuing. "Let me put it this way. It took Fantasy Heaven and a significant amount of help from Yukari to beat her, and I still think I got lucky. You couldn't beat Utsuho in a fight, Keine. Don't try. If it looks like she's going to attack you, distract her instead. She's pretty dumb, so that won't be hard. I'm Akyu probably didn't provide a good description of her, but she has large feathery wings and a large, um, eye in her chest. Pretty easy to notice. The whole underground is dangerous, but her most of all. But I'm babbling, and I should be resting..."

She sighs again and stares at you. "I hope I helped at least a little. Anything else?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2012, 05:33:41 PM »
> "How long have you been in this condition? You don't seem well."

> Naturally if she's been ill for a while this explains summer.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2012, 05:42:18 PM »
> "How long have you been in this condition? You don't seem well."

Reimu sighed. Again. "Probably about six weeks or so. Eirin tells me that I just need a lot of rest, but it's hard to get a lot of rest when everyone in Gensokyo wants you to solve their every problem. 'Reimu, the Prismrivers are annoying me!' 'Reimu, Patchy's gone missing!' 'Reimu, someone put hats on stone statues!' Honestly, it's just tiring."

> Naturally if she's been ill for a while this explains summer.

It would, wouldn't it?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2012, 05:50:15 PM »
Reimu sighed. Again. "Probably about six weeks or so. Eirin tells me that I just need a lot of rest, but it's hard to get a lot of rest when everyone in Gensokyo wants you to solve their every problem. 'Reimu, the Prismrivers are annoying me!' 'Reimu, Patchy's gone missing!' 'Reimu, someone put hats on stone statues!' Honestly, it's just tiring."

It would, wouldn't it?

> "Some of that sounds more serious than other things. Like the missing Patchouli."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2012, 06:19:47 PM »
> "Some of that sounds more serious than other things. Like the missing Patchouli."

Reimu gives you a pained look. You get the feeling she's been doing that a lot lately.

"You too? Patchouli's a high-level youkai magician. Just because Remilia's worried about her doesn't mean she's in any danger. Remilia's probably just being more overprotective than usual. If it was a small child from the village, I'd understand, but I'm not going to waste my time chasing after a powerful youkai simply because she probably went to go study somewhere she wouldn't be bothered."

She then allows herself a small smile and a chuckle.

"Besides, who'd want to kidnap Patchouli? Closest thing I can think of would be Marisa 'borrowing' her. Until she dies, that is."