Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 183191 times)

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2012, 09:41:30 PM »
> Points of interest

Eientei - Probably not a good idea right now since you have Mokou with you. but it's always nice to check up on Eirin. You could also conceivably bring a few medicines back to the village early.

SDM - Introduce Mokou to Flandre and watch the instant endless fireworks

Hakurei Shrine - Reimu needs a scolding.

Moriya Shrine - So does Sanae, although in her defense, she has other duties than youkai hunting.

Human Village - The marketplace is nice, and you might catch the Aki sisters giving away sweet potatoes. Obviously, they don't cost anything. Akyu's there too, although you know that Mokou would easily get bored if you talk to Akyu.

Underground - Utsuho is made of pure awesome, why would you NOT go there

Myouren Temple - A temple that you've heard is trying to make peace between humans and youkai. One of the practitioners there, Ichirin, has been wanting to preach in the village, but so far you haven't let her, since she insists on bringing Unzan along.

Wander around - Sometimes just roaming with Mokou sounds like a good idea too.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2012, 09:44:07 PM »
> Actually, the underground sounds like a fascinating place to spend a day, it would have tons of unusual sights. Any reason it's not recommended?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2012, 09:48:29 PM »
Mainly because I couldn't think of a good in-character reason to go there  :3

If you can think of one, or if you think Keine just wants to explore the Underground, go right ahead and pick the Underground. I know I'll have fun getting to play as my favorite Touhou character.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2012, 09:52:04 PM »
Mainly because I couldn't think of a good in-character reason to go there  :3

If you can think of one, or if you think Keine just wants to explore the Underground, go right ahead and pick the Underground. I know I'll have fun getting to play as my favorite Touhou character.

> Well, we are on vacation, and we've never been there. Visiting the underground and learning it's history and culture would be a fun thing to do while we have the chance.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2012, 10:04:33 PM »
Okay, so we have one vote for the Underground. I'll allow a few hours in case someone wants a differing path. If no one objects, Underground it is!

*frantic writing of possible Underground events*

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2012, 11:27:54 PM »
>Because just blithely wandering down there, what do we know about the Underground already?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2012, 11:36:16 PM »
>Because just blithely wandering down there, what do we know about the Underground already?

While you've never been down there yourself, you conversed with Akyu on the matter, and you did read her recently published book, Symposium of Post Mysticism. You know there's a large city of Oni down there, and you've heard about the Lady of Chireiden, Satori Komeiji. You've met Rin more than once, but usually just catching her with corpses from the Human Village, and you never stopped to talk to her. She probably doesn't like you very much as a result. You also know that there's someone named Reiuji Utsuho down in the Underground whom Hieda no Akyu didn't dare approach.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:47:38 PM by IdiotsOpposite »

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2012, 12:37:37 AM »
>If we were to spend the day underground, what would happen if there was a youkai attack in the village? Do we know of anyone (besides Mokou, of course) that we could ask to defend it in our absense?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2012, 12:43:46 AM »
>If we were to spend the day underground, what would happen if there was a youkai attack in the village? Do we know of anyone (besides Mokou, of course) that we could ask to defend it in our absense?

Mokou would definitely be your first choice in such a situation, but there are always alternatives. The obvious choice would be Reimu, provided she's actually willing to leave her shrine and her precious donation box. Marisa would be a fine choice as well, but you don't know where to find her house. You could also always talk to Eirin. She or Reisen might be willing to help. You also remember that the Aki sisters should be in the market at this time, and while they are not at the level of, say, Kanako, they are still gods and can defend the village from any threat that's not TOO major.

Sanae might be somewhere around the city too. She heads into the market every once in a while to preach.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2012, 12:44:44 AM »
>Let's see if she or the gods are around, then.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2012, 01:16:54 AM »
>Let's see if she or the gods are around, then.

TO THE VILLAGE!

That was quite a trip. You estimate it to be mid-morning now. You and Mokou have spent the last hour catching up on things with each other, which mainly involved a lot of teaching for you and a lot of Kaguya-hunting for Mokou. You know, the usual.

As you enter the market, the first thing you notice is how many sweet potatoes are NOT there. Clearly, you're still a bit early for the Aki sisters to show up. Sad, they make the best sweet potatoes too. Fortunately, you do see Sanae avidly running from stall to stall, preaching the greatness of Kanako to anyone willing to listen which, given the status of Moriya Shrine, is a lot of people. Your sharp eyes also notice another pair of eyes avidly watching Sanae from an alleyway, one blue and one red. You don't need to think about it to recognize Kogasa, although it looks like she hasn't noticed you yet. At least she's working on surprising someone ELSE for a change.

Mokou got intercepted by a couple of children who wanted to talk to her, so she's distracted as well. It's odd how normal she seems when Kaguya isn't around.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2012, 01:32:08 AM »
> Could we ask Sanae to watch the village? Or are we not close enough for that?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2012, 01:33:17 AM »
> Could we ask Sanae to watch the village? Or are we not close enough for that?

You're at the southeastern edge of the market square, and Sanae's currently running around the western stalls. You'll have to walk over there to speak to her.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2012, 01:37:39 AM »
You're at the southeastern edge of the market square, and Sanae's currently running around the western stalls. You'll have to walk over there to speak to her.

No, I mean:

> Do we know her well enough to ask her a favor like that?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2012, 01:43:53 AM »
No, I mean:

> Do we know her well enough to ask her a favor like that?

While you don't know Sanae personally that well, you know she'd always be willing to do a task of this nature for you. If it were something else, she might not be willing, but you know Sanae well enough to know she's always willing to play protector for a day.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2012, 01:55:21 AM »
>Walk over and say 'hi'.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2012, 02:20:46 AM »
>Walk over and say 'hi'.

Kogasa's probably not a threat. Sanae's the important one right now, you decide as you walk over, waving and calling her name.

Sanae turns and smiles, automatically saying "Hello friend, would you also like to receive the blessings of the mountain goddess Kanako?" before coughing once. After shaking her head, she resumes speaking.

"I'm sorry, I was still in preachy mode... how are you doing, Keine-san?"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2012, 02:43:49 AM »
> Tell her we're on vacation, our plans, and ask if she has any news to report.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2012, 02:48:45 AM »
> Tell her we're on vacation, our plans, and ask if she has any news to report.

You briefly explain to her that since school just ended for the month, you're on vacation and are heading to the underground for a visit. Before you can even ask Sanae if she's willing to watch the village, she exclaims "But wouldn't that leave the Human Village undefended? Don't worry, leave it to me! I'll make sure no youkai makes it inside the city!" This sounds wonderful, although it sounds somewhat less wonderful when you remember that Kogasa is watching her from an alleyway at this very moment.

"No news from the Mountain, I'm afraid, although Aya's been typing up a storm lately. Guess she's preparing some sort of special paper?"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2012, 03:40:10 AM »
> Should we warn her about Kogasa?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2012, 07:23:14 AM »
> Should we warn her about Kogasa?

> No, she deserves it because of the youkai attacks. If anything we can use Kogasa to illustrate our point.

> In fact, we should take this chance to make it clear to her. In front of everyone. She's not been doing her job as far as we are concerned, she shouldn't be preaching about the greatness of her gods when she's not even protecting the people. Make a point that her word isn't particually good when there have been more youkai attacks this summer with her in Gensokyo than there were without her.

> Unless Sanae has been doing significantly more than Reimu. In which case just let Kogasa have her fun, and save the rage for Reimu.

> On the topic of the underground, if Keine got her Info from SoPM, she'd CERTAINLY not want to go down there, because of the information about Yamane alone, who lives pretty much at the enterence. The last thing she would want to do is get infected, and then infect the whole village. I feel it incredibly OCC for Keine to go down there. Not to mention it's practically the Youkai equivilent of the human village, a haven for youkai.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 07:28:53 AM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2012, 08:20:21 AM »
I don't see any reason she'd be unwilling to. Of course, I have no idea what's in SoPM, but still, given the kind of things that can be found pretty much anywhere in Gensokyo, I can't imagine it'd have that much of an effect.

Besides, we'll have Mokou with us.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2012, 09:41:27 AM »
Mokou isn't really enough to stop plagues from spreading. Raikara is correct; the way Yamame alone is described in that book is enough to give Keine pause. Even if it's not spreading plagues, she probably doesn't want to get sick herself. But...

>How aware are we of Akyu's...'biases'?
>What's the deal with that Miko, anyways?

Edit: Alternately, a trip to Eientei to get some booster shots and shits would definitely be in order, but I do think it'd be enough to keep Keine from just wandering down there on a lark.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 09:45:19 AM by Funkapurvis »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2012, 11:03:37 AM »
I don't see any reason she'd be unwilling to. Of course, I have no idea what's in SoPM, but still, given the kind of things that can be found pretty much anywhere in Gensokyo, I can't imagine it'd have that much of an effect.

Besides, we'll have Mokou with us.

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Symposium_of_Post-mysticism/Yamame_Kurodani

Read this and think if Keine would even want to risk running into her.

She wouldn't.

Yamane specifically nests at the enterence to the underground waiting for people to come into her lair. Even touching someone infected passes it on. Also, it seems to be hinting that Eirin hasn't got a cure yet, since it states she's developing one, and even then, Yamane could just make a new illness, hence why Eirin needs to make a wonder drug.

Although I can imagine Mokou being willing to contract the illness just so she infects Kaguya.

Then there's the information on Rin, Utusho, Satori, Yuugi and Parsee. Satori and Parsee are certainly not characters Keine would want to run into.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:09:34 AM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2012, 11:39:28 AM »
Really, it just comes down to how unreliable Akyu is. (I'd argue, canonically speaking, she's fairly bad about holding grudges and working off of secondhand information, but the call is Idio's to make.)

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2012, 01:52:10 PM »
You do keep in mind when reading the two books Akyu published that they were written to help protect humans in the village, and so probably contain exaggerated reports of danger. You also keep in mind that as a were-hakutaku, you're somewhat more resilient than the average human. However, you do realize that it might not be a good idea to get anywhere near someone who can spread infectious diseases, especially if you plan on returning to the village.

Out the corner of your eye, you see... someone next to Kogasa hand her a small, clear crystal. You can't tell who, because you can only see the hand, but you think you caught a flash of blue clothing. Kogasa seems to be waiting only for you to turn away, now.

(Choice is up to you, but I won't recommend it. Just keep in mind the potential consequences, as Keine would.)

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2012, 03:20:27 PM »
> Let's not turn our backs on Kogasa.

> Go over the known dangers of the underground, and what we would need to do to prepare for them, if anything.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2012, 05:04:21 PM »
> Let's not turn our backs on Kogasa.

You stay facing Kogasa. She stays in hiding. It's surprising that she hasn't noticed you noticing her noticing you yet.

> Go over the known dangers of the underground, and what we would need to do to prepare for them, if anything.

The biggest danger would definitely be Yamame Kurodani. Parsee and Satori could both be significant dangers to YOU, and you don't know much about Utsuho at all, but she also seems like she'd only be a danger to you. Yamame, however, could infect the entire village through you with a cleverly chosen virus if she chose. You also don't know how much you could do to stop her besides sending in Mokou first to clear out the area. Nothing's a danger to Mokou.

As for Parsee, you don't think there's anything you can do here to prepare against her. Just need to be ready to fight jealousy. Same with Satori... although perhaps you could go to Patchouli and get some sort of barrier? Not that you trust the youkai magician.

Rin probably won't be that much of a danger. Not with Mokou around.

Utsuho... you just don't know.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2012, 05:07:11 PM »
And Yuugi?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2012, 05:10:15 PM »
Yuugi, from what you've heard in the one or two conversations you've had with Suika while visiting the shrine, is generally pretty friendly, like most oni, so long as you don't get on her bad side. That shouldn't be TOO difficult.