~Hakurei Shrine~ > Help Me, Eirin!
How to upload Touhou videos in HD quality Tutorial
<< < (72/73) > >>
Mr Jovial:
I made all my videos using the OP guide and they look pretty good. I guess it's either the editing or you did something wrong...

As for whether the guide itself is any good...all the pictures come up with a "Click and discover Imageshack" and don't link anywhere. It's quite difficult to follow without using pictures so it seems the guide itself may not be good anymore, but the process it uses still works.
applehoraceton:
Are there any tweaks people have successfully made to record gameplay on lower-power computers? I've tried the OP's methods and μq's, and while I'm able to capture gameplay without a problem, the slowdown produced in-game is unreasonable. I've been messing around with different settings to mitigate slowdown -- using MSI Afterburner at 1/2 frame size, 30fps, and NV12 compression makes things run a little better -- but would of course prefer a recording method with no noticeable slowdown. A second computer somehow recording the monitor output of the first? Setting recording and gameplay to different processor affinities? I'm over my head, and I'm guessing others have encountered and dealt with this problem before.

(btw, I am on a lenovo thinkpad sl510 and recording Danmakufu.)
?q:

--- Quote from: horaceappleton on April 17, 2015, 05:05:21 PM ---Are there any tweaks people have successfully made to record gameplay on lower-power computers? I've tried the OP's methods and μq's, and while I'm able to capture gameplay without a problem, the slowdown produced in-game is unreasonable. I've been messing around with different settings to mitigate slowdown -- using MSI Afterburner at 1/2 frame size, 30fps, and NV12 compression makes things run a little better -- but would of course prefer a recording method with no noticeable slowdown. A second computer somehow recording the monitor output of the first? Setting recording and gameplay to different processor affinities? I'm over my head, and I'm guessing others have encountered and dealt with this problem before.

(btw, I am on a lenovo thinkpad sl510 and recording Danmakufu.)
--- End quote ---
The thing I wish I had remembered before the last processor-heavy video I recorded was setting Danmakufu to 1/2 frame rate.  It does look choppier but it's a lot better than doubling the length of your video due to slowdown.
applehoraceton:

--- Quote from: ?q on April 17, 2015, 09:53:52 PM ---The thing I wish I had remembered before the last processor-heavy video I recorded was setting Danmakufu to 1/2 frame rate.  It does look choppier but it's a lot better than doubling the length of your video due to slowdown.

--- End quote ---
This did the trick & my video's now up! Thank you!!
Chill Observer:
I'd also like to add that in OBS Studio, you can record any Touhou gameplay in fullscreen 640x480, 60fps, and modify the settings such that the video resolution automatically outscales to 960x720 as output. This means that you can record any game in 640x480 and still manage to upload it to YouTube as 60fps, due to the output file being rendered in 720p instead of 480p. I personally use window record and select whatever game I am playing whenever I record.

And, on top of that, OBS Studio is completely free and open-source, so there's really no reason not to get it.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version