Author Topic: Koishi Quest ~ To the Overworld and beyond!  (Read 56450 times)

Re: Koishi Quest ~ To the Overworld and beyond!
« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2012, 04:44:05 PM »
>The person who made this must be a simpleton, but that doesn't really matter, does it? You head towards adventure!
>You climb on the ladder, and arrive in an amazing area. It seems to be a really, really high cavern, with a hole leading towards the overworld at the top. Six golden-coloured walkways lead to the middle of the room, where they converge into a star. The ladder you just went up lead you to the end of one of those six bridges. Under the walkways, there is a lake of magma, and the walls are covered with oddly shaped lamps which are basically long strings going over and under eachother with yellow lights fitted upon them, along with lines with purple lights that make long, straight lines.
>On the other side of the room, a metal door opens to reveal a person in blue clothing with a green hat. She seems to have a necklace with a key on it. When she notices you, her face contorts and she looks frightened.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2012, 04:46:54 PM »
>"Geh?! Someone here!?"
>Invisible time!
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #152 on: May 20, 2012, 04:56:58 PM »
>"Geh?! Someone here!?" a girlish voice mirrors you.
>You try to manipulate the subconscious of the girl to not see you. Surprisingly enough, the girl disappears herself! She fires crisscrossing bullets of water at faster and slower speeds towards you.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #153 on: May 20, 2012, 05:00:09 PM »
>Let's mirror her with our heart bullets!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2012, 05:07:53 PM »
>You mirror her with some random heart bullets. Fortunately, she's a lot worse at dodging than you are, and she gets hit after a few seconds. Her shots only aim in one direction, so you can easily dodge them by going behind her.
>After the smoke from the danmaku clears, you see the girl lying down, a little beaten up.
>"What's up with all this? First Kanako gets angry at me, and then I get randomly ambushed by a thief? Just my luck..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2012, 05:32:39 PM »
>"Thief? I am no thief! I am Koishi Komeiji, Satori Adventurer!"
>Be sure to be sufficiently over-exaggerated and dramatic like that one guy in the comics!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:36:29 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2012, 05:59:20 PM »
>Grin widely.
>"So, what is this place~? And who are you~?"

« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2012, 05:21:36 AM »
>"Thief? I am no thief! I am Koishi Komeiji, Satori Adventurer!"
>Be sure to be sufficiently over-exaggerated and dramatic like that one guy in the comics!
>You boast greatly about yourself, while striking an amazing pose! However, since you're still invisible to her, it's fairly useless.
>"Just a thief, huh... Wait, Satori? Komeiji? You're her sister? Where are you, either way?"
>Grin widely.
>"So, what is this place~? And who are you~?"

>"This place? Satori didn't tell you, huh? This is the Underground Geyser Center, a great joint venture of the mountain gods, the kappa and the denizens of Hell in order to create nuclear power.
I heard you went over to Kanako's Shrine last winter, so you probably know the gist of it."
>"Oh, and me? I'm Nitori Kawashiro, Kappa Inventor Extraordinaire! Or, y'know, something like that"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2012, 04:19:22 PM »
>...Oh. Drat. We can't be dramatic while invisible! May as well fix that.
>"Wow....I didn't expect to find it here though. I always thought it'd be deeper in, closer to where Okuu works and all."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2012, 07:38:53 PM »
>"Or maybe that would be dangerous..."

>Grin widely again, "So what are you doing now?"

« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2012, 09:10:17 PM »
>...Oh. Drat. We can't be dramatic while invisible! May as well fix that.
>"Wow....I didn't expect to find it here though. I always thought it'd be deeper in, closer to where Okuu works and all."
>You decide to reveal yourself to Nitori in order to be more dramatic!
>"Oh, it really was you, Komeiji-san? Is Koishi fine? I don't really like honorifics, to be honest."
>"Well, that's basically aaaaall the way under here. The mountain gods built a small passage into the magma from the Ancient City from where Utsuho heats the magma to corpse-burning temperatures. We also placed a tomamak there, an apparatus that helps me figure out how exactly nuclear fusion worked. I could experiment on Utsuho herself, but miss Satori nor you would probably like that. Besides, if she really would be working here, this place would basically melt.
>"Or maybe that would be dangerous..."
>Grin widely again, "So what are you doing now?"
>You grin widely, which Nitori now can finally see.
>"I was actually kind of trying to find out what was going wrong with the tomamak experiments before you broke in here and ambushed me. How did you get in here, anyways? Did Okuu leave the door open again? Actually, how did you even find the door in the first place? It was supposed to be magically camouflaged; Marisa promised me no oni would be able to see through it! Darn that ignorant brat, not even realizing the seriousness of these experiments!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2012, 09:15:53 PM »
>Blink a few times. "Eh? I wasn't supposed to see it? Huh. You should've probably used something better than just 'password' too y'know. Like Swordfish!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2012, 11:05:12 PM »
>"Or 'antidisestablishmentarianism'!"

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2012, 11:57:24 PM »
"Or zeekyboogydoog!"

« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2012, 05:20:45 AM »
>Blink a few times. "Eh? I wasn't supposed to see it? Huh. You should've probably used something better than just 'password' too y'know. Like Swordfish!"
>"Or 'antidisestablishmentarianism'!"
"Or zeekyboogydoog!"
>"Eh? Eeh? EEH!? It was that easy? That Marisa, telling me she installed the PERFECT password, only turning out to be an airhead. Well, I'll have to do something about that later. Either way, what are you doing here, Koishi?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #165 on: May 22, 2012, 05:27:12 AM »
>"Adventuring."

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
« Reply #166 on: May 23, 2012, 02:06:52 AM »
>"I wanna go up."

« Reply #167 on: May 23, 2012, 05:34:52 AM »
>"Adventuring."
>"I see, adventuring! And so you randomly stumbled onto this place..?"
>Nitori suddenly jerks her head upwards.
>"Oh, darnit, I haven't the time for this! Kanako's gonna have my head if I don't do something about that tokamak soon..."
>"I wanna go up."
>"Well, then I'd say go up! You can fly, right? I'm sorry, we don't have any stairs here since no one who can't fly ever comes here anyways. I'll be busy fixing this thing before Gensokyo in engulfed in a nuclear explosion, so... It was nice meeting you, Koishi! We'll talk some more later, when I have time, all right?"
>Nitori then flees into the door on the other side of the room, leaving you alone on the walkways.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #168 on: May 23, 2012, 06:01:42 AM »
>"Huh."
>Go up.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #169 on: May 23, 2012, 11:39:49 AM »
Maybe we should refer her to Okuu? She seems like she could help with Nitori's little problem!

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #170 on: May 23, 2012, 02:34:26 PM »
>Before doing any of the above commands: "Hey, if you need help, go ask Okuu!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #171 on: May 23, 2012, 02:36:59 PM »
>And to add to it, let's use our power to give her a little subconscious nudge towards considering Okuu's help.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #172 on: May 24, 2012, 04:56:45 PM »

Maybe we should refer her to Okuu? She seems like she could help with Nitori's little problem!
>Before doing any of the above commands: "Hey, if you need help, go ask Okuu!"
>And to add to it, let's use our power to give her a little subconscious nudge towards considering Okuu's help.
>You yell after her to ask Okuu for help, and nudge her mind a little into the right direction. She hears you, and seems to consider it for a moment before heading off the way you came from first.
>"Huh."
>Go up.
>You head on up after that. You go up, and up, and up, and...
>You've reached the surface! Looking up, there's the wide open sky, which you haven't seen for ages. It really looks amazing!
>The area around you is fairly boring; there's just a large mountain behind with all kinds of rocks littering it, and a path leading up the mountain.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #173 on: May 24, 2012, 06:09:26 PM »
>We've been to the mountain before. Let's go somewhere new!
>Rise into the air and look around. Can we see any interesting-looking places?

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
« Reply #174 on: May 24, 2012, 08:46:11 PM »
>Look for a building of some sort.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2012, 11:17:38 PM »
>Not just buildings; most grand adventures take place mostly outside. Not all, but most.

« Reply #176 on: May 25, 2012, 05:31:35 AM »
>We've been to the mountain before. Let's go somewhere new!
>Rise into the air and look around. Can we see any interesting-looking places?
>Now that you think about it, that's true! The shrine that you went to before probably was on this mountain as well, since it's the biggest one around here. You came aboveground from a different place though...
>You rise up about 10 meters in the air to look around.
>Look for a building of some sort.
>Not just buildings; most grand adventures take place mostly outside. Not all, but most.
>You decide to look for all kinds of special-looking things.
>A small bit further up the mountain, you can see some of those giant poles with ropes tied around them. What were they called again? Obashiranawa?
>A small way down the mountain, there's a fairly large pond with huge lily pads.
>All the way down the mountain, there's a very large lake with an island. A scarlet red mansion, even bigger than the Palace of the Earth Spirits, is placed there.
>Looking a little more to the south, you can see a red shrine gate. Could that be where Reimu lives?

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #177 on: May 25, 2012, 07:28:30 AM »
>The mansion might be a good place to explore.
>Look all around us; what all can we see?

« Reply #178 on: May 25, 2012, 01:07:06 PM »
>It might be an interesting place, yes. But there's much more around there, right?
>You take another look around Gensokyou.
>A bit further down the mountain behind you is a forest of red and orange trees. It looks fairly gloomy.
>To your left, there's a huge forest of green evergreens. It is really dense, and looks like a natural labyrinth.
>All the way beyond the lake, beyond the mansion, there's some kind of different forest, made out of large sticks. You're not sure what they are.
>If you listen carefully, you can hear water crashing down somewhere nearby. It might be the river leading down from the lake.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #179 on: May 25, 2012, 04:15:32 PM »
>Let's check out the weird stick forest. Something strange like that has to be a good place for an adventure.