Author Topic: 東方幻想魔録 ~ Devil of Decline Translation  (Read 238551 times)

Re: 東方幻想魔録 ~ Devil of Decline Translation
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2012, 11:48:54 PM »
Annndddd I just realized that he's going to need a save file with all 5 of both of the two materials in the final area since that's all you get in the entire game, thus you can only make 5 things out of the recipes you get to go with these two materials.

Also good work, everyone who is working on the translation.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 12:21:49 AM »
This work?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2012, 11:53:37 AM »
Thanks for your work Deranged! Using those two files it looks like we wont have any issues with the speech bubbles, so that's good.
You can upload whenever you have a few of them done, so I can check for missing newlines and the like.

Cool; So ~30 characters a line is still about right? Or do I have more freedom to work with?

For the sake of context, about how many files do the story files take up? (For the sake of knowing it's, say, 2 out of 15 compared to 2 out of 30, etc)

2 out of a crapload. (or 150 or so)

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2012, 05:38:49 PM »
30 characters still seems like a good number to try not to exceed.

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2012, 04:54:06 AM »
A few quick name issues that I found after cross-referencing with Cogwheel's monster list:

霞 朱麗 (シャ ヂュリー) - Right now in the monster list as "Xia Juli". A  literal translation of the katakana reading would be "Sha Juli". The nature of the name though reminds me of a naturalized Japanese citizen, mostly either Korean ("Sha Du-Ri"?) or Chinese ("Xia Zhu Li"?). Are there any hints on this character's heritage later in the game?

ブーヨ - Right now this is Buyo in the monster csv, which is pretty much the literal translation. I did some googling on this though, and it's also apparently how the Japanese write the name "Ishmael Boulliaeu". It seems to be a fairly minor character from what I can tell, so there probably aren't many hints on which it should be; the latter does seem to be a more "proper" name at least.

ネグロ - I can't seem to find this in the monster.csv. I've so far been using the not-very-PC "Negro", but I can't help but feel I'm missing something obvious here.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2012, 06:48:21 AM »
A few quick name issues that I found after cross-referencing with Cogwheel's monster list:

霞 朱麗 (シャ ヂュリー) - Right now in the monster list as "Xia Juli". A  literal translation of the katakana reading would be "Sha Juli". The nature of the name though reminds me of a naturalized Japanese citizen, mostly either Korean ("Sha Du-Ri"?) or Chinese ("Xia Zhu Li"?). Are there any hints on this character's heritage later in the game?

Xia Zhuli. Her appearance is basically that of a Jiangshi, similar to Yoshika.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2012, 06:22:02 PM »
Boulliaeu sounds like a good name, so we can go with that.
ネグロ - Was liberally translated as "Nero" for comfort. 

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2012, 12:43:17 PM »
Weekly(ish) update: SCN0102, 0103, 0104, 0105, 0201, 0202 done. Smaller files though. Mostly.

I'll upload 'em sometime later.

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2012, 09:47:36 PM »
Weekly(ish) update: SCN0102, 0103, 0104, 0105, 0201, 0202 done. Smaller files though. Mostly.

I'll upload 'em sometime later.

Thank you for your work as always!

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2012, 09:20:51 AM »
Weeklyish update: 0203, 0204, 0205, 0206, 0207. Zipped up along with the ones from last week.

http://www.mediafire.com/?f343836jb81ssh4

DennouNeko

• The Cat of Knowledge and Shadow
  • I do some coding and image editing
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 08:44:13 PM »
If you'd need some help with editing the images, I have most of them pretty much ready. (started own little project around version 1.05)
Someone would have to check them for mistranslations (I already know there are few) and let me know what should be fixed or improved.

Here you'll find patcher to the version I have right now: http://www.mediafire.com/?b6kb3sbv0fia370=
Extract it to the "packages" dir and run one exec at a time. It will make backups for img.pak and img2.pak, and will update them with new images.

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2012, 07:07:48 AM »
My goodness, I wasn't expecting that for sure! Most impressive. However could I have the edited images themselves? It's much harder to check for errors by just using the game. It would also let me know which images specifically have and haven't been worked on.

I assume the, likely in the works, expansion will be adding new images so I hadn't been in a huge hurry about these. But it's fantastic that work has been done already and that there is a capable and willing person to turn to . 

Thank you for bringing your work here!

DennouNeko

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2012, 09:08:08 AM »
Not a problem :)

In case of expansion I'll probably take care of the images or at least leave notes about tool settings.

And it took me a while, but here's the package with all the modified images and file with notes: http://www.mediafire.com/?rzii2hle3bswi4w
Well, there were some modification updates without updating the notes, so this may be a little inaccurate.
I still keep the GIMP versions in case if modifications are necessary.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2012, 09:33:51 AM »
just posting to let you guys know i haven't up and abandoned anything.

don't worry about things, it'll come through. ^.^

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2012, 08:51:12 PM »
Just a quick big error I noticed Dennou. In 説明.png you use the word 'witch' for Reimu and Byakuren's descriptions. (Witch is 魔女 In Japanese)
It would be best replaced by "Mage", invoking the rpg archetype while 'Magician" is the species/occupation. 

just posting to let you guys know i haven't up and abandoned anything.

don't worry about things, it'll come through. ^.^

It's good to hear from you.

DennouNeko

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2012, 09:22:07 PM »
Just a quick big error I noticed Dennou. In 説明.png you use the word 'witch' for Reimu and Byakuren's descriptions. (Witch is 魔女 In Japanese)
It would be best replaced by "Mage", invoking the rpg archetype while 'Magician" is the species/occupation. 
Ops... Note taken and file updated (for now locally).
btw, I wonder if it would be better to either do batch update or you could PM me with such single errors.

As for 2 things I know about that appear in few files: Acheron should (and will) be renamed to Sanzu River and initially I had no idea how to translate one region name, so gave it more or less temporary name "Demon Castle of Chaos"

--
Status update:
I went through most of the images, fixed things that should be fixed long time ago and updated (at least partially) the notes.
The texts I'm unsure the most are the names in txtA14 and txtA14_2.
You'll find the current version of images here: http://www.mediafire.com/?3uh8td22m6qg9wc
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 09:50:46 PM by DennouNeko »

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2012, 06:21:41 PM »
I am dropping by to let you guys know that Strawberry Rose announced a date for the expansion: 2012/05/27, which is the date that the Reitaisai event is up as well.

Some info from the site here:

Level cap increase 70→99
Monster Encyclopedia added.
More Weapon skills, Last words have been powered up.

3 new characters for now:
Kasen
Yorihime
Toyohime
And no characters from TD.

It's annoying that the Monster Encyclopedia wasn't in the base game for some reason, which I imagine adds to the translation workload once the expansion is out. Also, I thought they would have waited longer on the expansion, but I guess not.

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2012, 07:55:53 PM »
GoS's expansion came out about six months after the base game as well. The only difference is that DoD's is going to be released in a Reitaisai as opposed to a Comiket.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2012, 08:45:05 PM »
It's annoying that the Monster Encyclopedia wasn't in the base game for some reason, which I imagine adds to the translation workload once the expansion is out.
Unless there's monster descriptions, I don't see why it would. Maybe an image edit needed for the template itself.

Of course, there could totally be monster descriptions. I tend to forget GoS had them because you have to scan with Aya, and she has to be a higher level then the monster... who tend to be a few levels higher then your party, and, well, it's Aya, who is in most situations pretty crappy for random battles.

Even if there is descriptions though, something like that I imagine would be low priority, because it has absolutely no impact on gameplay.

I am excited though.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2012, 10:53:09 PM »
Expansion stuff

I was hoping they would have added more areas to explore but, 3 new characters is good I guess...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2012, 12:17:30 AM »
Hinacle, there's going to be those too :V The fact that there's going to be more game after beating the final boss goes without saying, I'd imagine.

I wonder if there's any notable character stat difference between 70 and 99. By that I mean in comparison to eachother, since of course their stats will be a lot higher. Probably not, unless they actually change some character stat layouts. (hi sunny ilu but :FROWN:) Also interested if there's any last word changes apart from "MOAR DAMAGE". I guess we'll have to see though!

I still imagine TD cast will at least appear as shikigami in expansion content, but, :shrug:. We'll see. Unless it specifically says "There will be no TD characters".
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2012, 12:45:19 AM »
Yeah that was obvious huh? I wonder what the expansion story will be and why Kasen and moon people are joining. *Looks forward to Eientei and moon people interaction*

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2012, 06:06:40 AM »
NO TEN DESIRES CHARACTERS???!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!  :getdown: ->  :colonveeplusalpha:

Sweet they added in the Touhou book characters~

Also, I hope they get in new shikigamis for more fun~

As for my two cents on the level cap... YUKKURI KILLING SPREE ANYONE?  :V

But... I'm interested in how they will play out Kasen's weapon since she uses her fist.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2012, 07:23:14 AM »
Expansion huh?
弱点・解説が読めるぞ - looks like the monster Encyclopedia will talk about weakness and have commentary. Hopefully you don't have to do something like in GoS so that most people can actually see the descriptions.

I stare at text files rather than actually playing the game so I'm asking about where people have seen the  耐性 symbol. Its for resistance (not the stat), it's the counterpart of weak point. But I need to make sure if it appears when I monster just takes less damage from an attack or no damage at all. So we can decide on "strong" or "Immune".

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2012, 03:48:01 PM »
How about Resist? That fits well for either.

DennouNeko

« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2012, 06:24:13 PM »
Expansion sounds interesting...
I'm also wondering why the encyclopedia wasn't added before, like with some patch or something. Just hope exterminating monster once will be enough to fill it's entry ::)

And a status update on the images (still not the final version): http://www.mediafire.com/?5b78dka46227ebh
Fixed some styling inconsistencies and thanks to hints and notes from TheNewGuy translated new images and fixed some mistranslations in old ones.
Still working on it, the user interface is mostly ready. For now got in plans editing some of the in-game objects with texts and waiting for new notes.

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2012, 06:27:57 PM »
 :V

After forgetting to check these forums regularly and generally being busy with college, I come back to see a translation project for DoD ongoing for over a month.

I'd love to participate, seeing as this project's going a bit slow (to be honest, I'm not sure what's already done and what still needs translating, and how much overall progress has been made, any roadblocks, issues, etc.), but I'm in my last month of college for the semester, meaning finals, catching up on homework and generally trying not to fail.

If there's any work to be had after May 25th, I'll be glad to take some off your hands. Or if there's any rather small files that need working on, let me know.

DennouNeko

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2012, 11:44:24 PM »
Still working on the images.
Haven't gotten too far for myself, so I'd like to confirm if something like this shows up anywhere: http://i.imgur.com/tuq91.png
If it does, I'd really appreciate a screencap. It seems it's template for a clock, but I'm not sure how to align the text.

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2012, 06:56:38 AM »
I remember reading somewhere that Kasen, Yorihime, and Toyohime were actually shikigami not new characters.