Author Topic: MIDIs! Needed for my project!  (Read 2813 times)

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
MIDIs! Needed for my project!
« on: February 13, 2012, 11:09:39 PM »
So I wasn't sure which section to post this in, but it seemed more appropriate here...

Anywho, I am trying to find midis of any and all of the Touhou songs outside of 6-8. I have someone who is willing to do soundfont remixes of songs for my RPG Maker project, and he needs midis to do so. If anyone can help with getting them (if there are any to begin with), or at least a midi that is close enough to the original, that would be great. I know this seems rushed, but don't know what else to add here ^^;;

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Re: MIDIs! Needed for my project!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 01:03:44 AM »
Touhou 9 Demo uses MIDI files btw. (for some reason he scraped them in the full version) You can quickly grab those if you want. Also, ZUN did do some (don't know if all) MIDIs for Seihou Shuusou Gyoku, so you could look into those as well. I think Drake has posted up on his projects thread extracted files from that game.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 12:43:45 PM »
Kioh Gyoku has some as well.

As for PC-98 and post-TH08 MIDIs, I'll redirect you to this YT channel. The website has the downloads to the MIDIs the user has uploaded. However, note that these are Yamaha XG-compliant ones, meaning that they employ certain effects, commands, etc. that will only render on supporting synths (eg. Yamaha MU-series sound modules, S-YXG50 softsynth). On most other synths these will not parse correctly.

There are more links to fan-made MIDIs on both YT and Nico; take a look around.

Lastly, Soundfonts? Eh, I find them pretty cheap-sounding.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 12:47:07 PM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 08:39:20 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzM8Hda4qnM

Just an example of one of his songs. Sure it isn't like the rest of the songs that I may use for my game (dBu, Neutral, Sound Sepher, etc), but it's unique to say the least (and good luck finding remixes of some of these songs....like Power of Darkness or such...). If anything, it'll serve as a temporary song until someone makes one that may be better ^^;