Author Topic: [WC3 - DotA (Imba?)] General Thread aka Why don't we have one of these yet  (Read 32628 times)

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
Re: [WC3 - DotA (Imba?)] General Thread aka Why don't we have one of these yet
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2011, 03:11:54 PM »
rearm+nature of wrath
/thread
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2011, 07:45:52 PM »
Um, <any high damage nuke>+Maledict is fine too, and much more practical >_> You also don't need to make the enemy Ethereal as well.
Yeah, but it does not actually kill instantly. The life break trick is awesome but impractical. But it made me and my friend go nerd rage over it. Much like how those guys reacted to getting one of their first one-hit kills. (They are kinda bad at Pokemon.) Or maybe even harder, because it is quite difficult to reduce a hero's health from full to zero in one hit. Priceless.
oppYasik, I am talking about normal DotA, not OMGDotA or ImbaDotA (never played nonstandard DotAs). I... still do not know if I can talk about normal DotA in this thread. :\

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2011, 08:06:14 PM »
oppYasik, I am talking about normal DotA, not OMGDotA or ImbaDotA (never played nonstandard DotAs). I... still do not know if I can talk about normal DotA in this thread. :\

Read the OP man (aka yes, of course :V).
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 04:08:26 PM by MySTKing »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2011, 10:50:50 PM »
@Conq: Not like anyone actually cares. :V

EDIT: Oh, I should try to keep this somewhat on topic.

Rearm in imba. /thread
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 10:54:43 PM by Ran Yakumo »

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2011, 11:57:01 PM »
Oh you.

Did any of you get your Dota 2 keys yet?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2011, 08:48:28 AM »
Impractical combos that one hit kill but kinda don't need half the steps to do that yay?
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2011, 07:38:01 PM »
Thanks Conq, I have read the first post but I am stupid and have problems with understanding, so I wanted someone to personally tell me it is OK.

Impractical combos that one hit kill but kinda don't need half the steps to do that yay?
My combo has three steps (Soul Catcher, Ethereal Blade, Improved Life Break). So by removing half the steps you mean only removing one step, yes? Can you tell me how the combo I posted can be made shorter? Because I have read about it on playdota.com forums and there were some mathematical explanations about how much damage amplification you need and it looked like the +damage provided by Soul Catcher and Ethereal Blade is the absolute minimum. From what I remember, people said that you need to amplify improved Life Break's damage by about 200% if you want it to one-hit kill. I do not know how the game mechanics work.

Ethereal Blade is really hard to complete and is not that useful. I hope I can trade it for the Veil of Discord because it looks more useful (and cheaper, and easier to aim).

About DotA 2: it is like Counter-Strike: Source, is it not? It is the same thing as the original but with nicer graphics. I play Counter-Strike 1.6, and I think I am happy with the Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne map, DotA v6.72f.w3x, and its future updates, if there will be any.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2011, 08:13:25 PM »
Just saying how lots of things will end up at the same result with less effort. Sure, you can one shot one dude, but its a lot of effort just for one dude. It's pretty cool, but really impractical.

I'd prefer blink dagger aghanim ES, really. Or other more practical builds.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2011, 08:26:00 PM »
Dagon + refresh orb lion y/y?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 08:47:07 PM by PurpleLeopard »

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2011, 12:51:10 AM »
Just saying how lots of things will end up at the same result with less effort. Sure, you can one shot one dude, but its a lot of effort just for one dude. It's pretty cool, but really impractical.
Yep. But nothing says "no" to the other guy in DotA quite like personally bitch-slapping him with this. It's stylish. And shows that you care. I would be happy if someone owned me like that. Because you know that it is not by an accident that you were chosen to die like this. They spent over nine thousand gold just for you.
Okay, it is time to take it to new levels. Because, you know, it always kills if you do not have improved defense against spells. It is time to use it on someone with lots of health. Which means that I am going to try to make this "ion cannon" in a balanced game. Hooray for challenges!

I'd prefer blink dagger aghanim ES, really. Or other more practical builds.
This is where we are different. Public games players hate fear me, for I do not play to win. I seek fun in random awesomeness.

Dagon + refresh orb lion y/y?
Neat. However, the Refresher Orb's cooldown is way too long to use it all the time. With Huskar and Eredar, you can one-shot someone every 30 seconds.
Anyway, try it and post replays, please. I would love to watch this.

By the way, why can I not save replays after being disconnected from the game? (You know, when the enemy team surrenders, for example.) I really regret not being able to save that one replay when we actually pulled off the instagib combo.

I am thinking of a DPS build for Pudge. It is not going to happen, I am afraid. His spells are designed for killing with magic damage, not beating people in melee fight.
DPS Tiny was a success, at least against carries, because he can outcarry them in early to middle game. Go for Craggy Exterior and Avalanche, skipping Toss, because your stun is more useful and you want to be an anti-carry. Buy a Quelling Blade and take Grow on every level it is available for super easy last-hitting. Then buy the Power Treads. Then the Hyperstone. Then buy the Helm of the Dominator, or Battlefury, or Crystalys, and pretend to be a Large Mortred. Get the Cranium Basher instead of Crystalys if you want to be Roshan's Brother. It is very funny to play like this.

Next up: DPS Guardian Wisp? I heard it is possible... I mean, DPS Furions are everywhere, so why not Ios?

Dular

• This avatar below me is considered ancient.
  • This avatar above me is considered ancient
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2011, 05:09:41 AM »

I am thinking of a DPS build for Pudge. It is not going to happen, I am afraid. His spells are designed for killing with magic damage, not beating people in melee fight.

Best DPS is Pudge super late game when he's got like 150 base strength and items to supplement big strength and damage, and he has a self-heal.  You fight, nom, then continue fighting.  Win almost all fights.

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2011, 04:00:18 PM »
By the way, why can I not save replays after being disconnected from the game? (You know, when the enemy team surrenders, for example.) I really regret not being able to save that one replay when we actually pulled off the instagib combo.
check LastReplay.w3g

I am thinking of a DPS build for Pudge.
its possible but i recommend use the usual build pudge (at least you have Aghanim) then go dps
DPS Tiny was a success, at least against carries, because he can outcarry them in early to middle game. Go for Craggy Exterior and Avalanche, skipping Toss,
pretty hard because any forced dps build (i.e dps pugna dps tiny dps puck etc etc) you must own enemies hard so you can farm those items fast to kill them because with same items, of course natural dps heroes > forced build dps.

Anyway every hero in dota CAN went dps build (you should saw my techies with 3 divine rapier boy that was gold) its just...only happens when you got farmed really good and enemies are bunch of idiots
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2011, 04:47:42 PM »
check LastReplay.w3g
So it does record games even if you get disconnected. Thank you for showing me that. Next time I will know.

its possible but i recommend use the usual build pudge (at least you have Aghanim) then go dpspretty hard because any forced dps build (i.e dps pugna dps tiny dps puck etc etc) you must own enemies hard so you can farm those items fast to kill them because with same items, of course natural dps heroes > forced build dps.

Anyway every hero in dota CAN went dps build (you should saw my techies with 3 divine rapier boy that was gold) its just...only happens when you got farmed really good and enemies are bunch of idiots
Eh, I guess you are right. Random silliness mostly works in games that are imbalanced.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 10:35:10 PM by Cadrin »

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2011, 12:56:17 AM »
pudge nuke build get aghanims with dismember and morph and just turn everything to STR and maybe flesh heap would be pretty fun

another really fun build is dispersion rot morph and great fortitude (or flesh golem[dirge ult] if that works?) like honestly just run up to them and keep rotting ez and get radiance and tanking items or something

also 6.73b came out recently its pretty cool

Dular

• This avatar below me is considered ancient.
  • This avatar above me is considered ancient
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2012, 07:37:30 AM »
So a game lasted 2 minutes.

Level 1 wrath of nature, get hands of midas from Lucky Time, use on big creep which gave me level 3, which gave me level 3 wrath of nature.  All before creeps met each other.

8 kills later, we ended the game because I broke imba dota.