Author Topic: [TF2] MotK Meetups (Next Meet: SOMEBODY SCREEEEAAAAAM! Oct 31s - Nov 1st)  (Read 334218 times)

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Re: [TF2] MotK Meetups (NEXT MEET: ?????????)
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2012, 03:24:41 PM »
Beginning of each month seems good, but we also got Valentine's Day coming up next.

Does Valve have something for that usually? (like events or new weapons?)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2012, 03:40:02 PM »
IIRC Valve doesn't do much during Valentine's.

I think Shim's idea is a little too soon, though. I say we push it back to 9-11 Feb, or 16-18; as for times, I'm not too sure about whether to push it back 1-2 hours early (for European players) or keep it as is (for US/CA west coast ones)...I'll go by the sign-up list and tell when it will be a week beforehand.

And as I've said that this session will probably have special rules to it, expect them to be applied (most likely Highlander mode only, thus possibly excluding VSH and VAM from the roster).
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2012, 03:42:37 PM »
We need to play more degroot keep medieval mode :(

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2012, 05:19:24 PM »
Hehe, why not. The Degroot Keep training session was a blast anyway ;)

Results of tonight's impromptu meet:
 - Server wasn't doing too well today. Crashed while attempting a map switch, and later VSH had sound caching errors and other quacky things (most of them fixed themselves over time).
 - Train opted to target one semi-pubbie (as in, not on the forums but still in the fandom and with close links to a forum member) instead for most of the VSH Well rounds.
 - Increasing public display led to increased password usage. I may just say it right now that if the server is password-protected and some of us are on, contact whichever op/admin is connected there for it.
 - Some issues with Steam itself; constant online status fluctuation plus slow item server.
 - Custom maps work great so long as everyone has them installed, of course. Tested on Hakurei Shrine v3.
 - Horsemann Spawner plugin is broken; Monoculus spawning, though, works on Mann Manor.

And finally, let's recommend a few maps to place on the server:

Gamecubic's Post (13):
 - cp_upland
 - pl_cashworks
 - ctf_landfall
 - cp_antiquity
 - cp_desertion
 - ctf_haarp
 - koth_namicott
 - cp_mojave
 - arena_backlot
 - pl_boundary
 - cp_tidal
 - cp_glacier
 - cp_furnacecreek
 - Windmilltrainsaw

Dibble's Post (2):
 - koth_megaman6_b5
 - vsh_megaman6_b4

VSH Additions (7):
 - vsh_oilrig_v16
 - vsh_aperture_b2a
 - vsh_spotline_reworked
 - vsh_warebloom_b7
 - vsh_courtyard, vsh_farm_feud, and vsh_west_fix (we already have Farm Feud, but the other two maps are why).
 - vsh_crevice_b2

Miscellany (4):
 - Donkeykong (payload + arcade-style Donkey Kong)
 - Minepit (payload + Minecraft theme)
 - tr_walkway_rc2 (reason: server gets used for training periodically, so I think it can fit)
 - arena_metal_gear_solid_1

So I'm suggesting 26 maps to add to the table, more or less depending on what others have to suggest and say on the matter.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 01:28:38 AM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
Bad command or file name

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2012, 12:47:21 AM »
Might I advise not adding more maps till you have downloading from the server fixed? Having people constantly dropped because they didnt have the maps would suck.  :V (Also they might not be semi-pubbie anymore. Might've just gained someone who'll just lurk around then gun you down with a Tengu-Type Writer!).
P.S. That train really was not friendly to them. Yukari not like Aya?  :derp:
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2012, 01:30:00 AM »
The train wanted to play as Saxton Hale as well. :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2012, 02:11:30 AM »
Might I advise not adding more maps till you have downloading from the server fixed? Having people constantly dropped because they didnt have the maps would suck.  :V
I know this issue has occurred on some servers I've gone on, and I have absolutely no clue how to fix it. omgkitties is also perplexed at this issue.

The train wanted to play as Saxton Hale as well. :V
Quick, someone make a Vs. Train Mode, complete with map! :getdown:

Horsemann plugin got fixed; also, turns out that the insane lag we had yesterday (2-3x everyone's usual amounts - Frey had 550+ ping at points) was due to an abnormal degree of CPU and swap usage by a server process. However, the melee-only commands seem to not work.
Lastly, we were a bit surprised that Sunny (AKA IceFireBolt) was able to get the Halloween achievements after I spawned HHH and Monoculus on koth_nucleus.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:02:20 PM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2012, 11:03:28 PM »

And finally, let's recommend a few maps to place on the server:

Gamecubic's Post (13):
 - cp_upland
 - pl_cashworks
 - ctf_landfall (invalid link)
 - cp_antiquity
 - cp_desertion
 - ctf_haarp
 - koth_namicott
 - cp_mojave
 - arena_backlot
 - pl_boundary
 - cp_tidal
 - cp_glacier
 - cp_furnacecreek
 - Windmilltrainsaw

Dibble's Post (2):
 - koth_megaman6_b5
 - vsh_megaman6_b4

VSH Additions (7):
 - vsh_oilrig_v16
 - vsh_aperture_b2a
 - vsh_spotline_reworked
 - vsh_warebloom_b7
 - vsh_courtyard, vsh_farm_feud, and vsh_west_fix (we already have Farm Feud, but the other two maps are why).
 - vsh_crevice_b2

Miscellany (4):
 - Donkeykong (payload + arcade-style Donkey Kong)
 - Minepit (payload + Minecraft theme)
 - tr_walkway_rc2 (reason: server gets used for training periodically, so I think it can fit)
 - arena_metal_gear_solid_1

So I'm suggesting 26 maps to add to the table, more or less depending on what others have to suggest and say on the matter.

Added the maps and from what I can tell the Map not found/Map download problem is fixed.
TF2 Server
osu! : omgkitties

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2012, 11:16:01 PM »
ctf_landfall download link has been fixed, for anyone interested

« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2012, 12:32:07 AM »
Alright, put it on server.
TF2 Server

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2012, 12:45:43 AM »
I know this issue has occurred on some servers I've gone on, and I have absolutely no clue how to fix it. omgkitties is also perplexed at this issue.
Quick, someone make a Vs. Train Mode, complete with map! :getdown:

A map where trains can come in anywhere! One live, many trains, chaos will occur. The winner is the last one standing, or timer runs out!

...what if Hale was added to this.

I'll try to get all the maps. Is the DLserver working?

« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2012, 01:18:51 AM »
A map where trains can come in anywhere! One live, many trains, chaos will occur. The winner is the last one standing, or timer runs out!

...what if Hale was added to this.

I'll try to get all the maps. Is the DLserver working?

From what me and EP tested, it is working.
TF2 Server

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2012, 02:03:26 AM »
Fixed the link.

Quick, make the first map - vtm_yukari!

From what me and EP tested, it is working.
Sparda and BSoD also tested later on, and reported no problems downloading. At least that eliminates permissions setup as a cause.

We tried to generate bot navigation files on server, but considering that it causes insane lag, I've done so offline for all our new map additions. There are a few cases where they are pretty much derp:
 - Any arena or VSH map (AI fail)
 - ctf_haarp (see below)
 - koth_megaman6_b5 (also see below)
 - pl_cashworks (huge map, likely)
 - pl_donkeykong (unusual layout)
 - koth_windmilltrainsaw (they keep running into the saws :V)

Also odd that Farm Feud's nav file is 3x the map's size.

Lastly, melee-only plugin was removed earlier on due to it causing server crashes plus a lack of updates.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 07:32:16 AM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
Bad command or file name

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2012, 02:44:14 AM »
- ctf_haarp (unknown. Bots seem to love Landfall and Doublecross, but not this and 2fort. CTF bot AI might be picky)
haarp is A/D CTF, not the usual type. Blu has to grab the intel and take it to Red's capture points Dustbowl-style, like in TFC. The TF2 AI was obviously not programmed to support that game mode.

- koth_megaman6_b5 (no idea why)
Constantly modifying map layout can't help with autogeneration of navigation meshes.

- koth_windmilltrainsaw (they keep running into the saws :V)
:derp:

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2012, 07:05:41 AM »
*reasons for maps*
Makes plenty of sense. Should've specified that earlier! ^^;;

:derp: @ bots in Windmilltrainsaw
Several of us had quite the laughs at the bots trying to do every standard practice of KOTH, only to not realize there was a saw or train coming at them. :getdown:

Had a fun bout today with some of the new maps and a lot of dm_SDM_final. Frey is now marked as a candy thief.

Seems the map download problem is still present though! As of present testing, koth_megaman6_b5 is not auto-downloading for anyone, even though the configs are correct!
Also, Sunny noted more map download problems (SDM, WMTSaw) which others have not had. I suspect it's due to her use of Mac OS, while the rest of us are predominantly Windows users; either that, or client-side network connection sharing (doesn't explain how she was able to get Minepit and Donkeykong without a problem though).

All the more reason to download the maps ahead of time - cut down loading times, avoid missing map errors, and save on server bandwidth that way. Speaking of which, I've opted to move all the links to this post to reduce thread searching time.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 06:44:00 AM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2012, 09:57:45 AM »
Yeah, I loved the bots completely failing with the saws. Especially this one demo. He started laying sticky bombs in there, became satisfied where he put them, started to reload his weapon while backing up, and killed himself. :V They all pretty much don't stay put unless they're reloading with nobody nearby. (they also can't spy check for their lives :V)
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2012, 06:43:46 AM »
Today's Progress Report: Great!
 o More maps were tested (mostly by omgkitties earlier in the day, later by me and others). koth_megaman6_b5 was fixed by re-zipping the archive under Linux instead. arena_pool_day is confirmed by Frey to not work for auto-download, however.
 o Bot Rush mode created! Basically, in most CP, PL, or KOTH maps, a few players go on one team, and the other gets filled with bots (usually locked to a single class, melee-only, admin-given weapons, etc). Depending on the bot rules, damage multipliers are usually modified. Trying this on Minepit and 5gorge resulted in pretty quacky situations, such as Heavy rushes with Ali Baba's, Danger Shields, and KGBs, or 23x capping multipliers. This seems to favour small (8 or fewer) gatherings, naturally.
 o Playing with damage multipliers resulted in healing wars. Funny that equipping the super Valve RL with certain low negative (eg. -0.005) multipliers can actually end up healing people to death. :V Doing this in VSH resulted in a very slow Hale and about -7800 damage done by Alpha (a regular non-member, excellent Scout, knowledgeable about mods and item values, and one of Frey's associates), which made the match too silly to continue.
 o Never turn on Highlander mode with VSH is on. Hale just spawns with everyone else (hey free kills before round start), and some have class errors.
 o Never freeze people in VSH (makes it even easier for straggling Scouts). However, in moderate cases giving a weaker ranged weapon (eg. Diamondback) to Hale can quicken things, without resorting to caps, slays, timebombs, etc.
 o Alpha has recommended MGEMod on this server, which can make sense considering that we oddly have one MGE map installed (I don't select it for actual play, however). As for my position, I'm for now neutral.
 o I think a hat-giving plugin should be inserted too; my reasons are not to let anyone wear whatever hat he/she wants, but for, say, making an entire team of Special Delivery Scouts.
 o Also I'd suggest plugins for advanced teleporting (eg. TPing user A to B; right now I can only TP users to where I look, and can't TP myself), class/team management, and god modes, but the catch with that is that it can overlap with some of our existing plugins.
 o On an off-note to MC server players, well, consider this a PVP arena :getdown:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 01:13:59 PM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2012, 09:26:48 AM »
Alright, so, me and Frey stayed a little longer in the server. We found out that in the Hakurei Shrine Winter map bots are completely clueless as to what's going on, except for snipers and spies. Snipers have this insane aim and will try to cap the point (which doesn't work out too well since they keep running around and often leave the shrine and come right back in) and spies will often back stab somebody, but they don't know how to cap the point, so they usually just wonder off and stand there forever. (we had to wait for the map to stalemate because of idiot sniper and the point taking forever to cap but less time to un-cap)

Also, this is a bigger problem. We went on to the vsh_aperture_b2a map. It seems that it's a bad map for people with lower-end systems. First initial connect resulted in me crashing at the screen that says Welcome to Team Fortress 2. Second and third try ended the same way. Fourth try I was able to actually play in the map for about 3 rounds, then I crashed. Fifth, sixth, and seventh tries resulted in the same way the first ones did, crashing at the welcome screen. (it crashes as soon as that page loads up as I'm unable to even highlight the continue button) I suggest either not including this map because this can be an issue for us people without pro computers, or just not picking that one when those of us are present. Frey and some other person that joined us had no problem playing the map at all. The map is pretty cool, but loading it seems to be having issues.

EDIT: Almost forgot about this randomness.
[attach=1]

[attach=2]

[attach=3]

It seems that Alpha, according to my client, was giving a high five everywhere they walked, so naturally, they appeared to glide everywhere with their hand in the air. The last screenshot was them on the opposing team disguised as me with a flamethrower in the hand they had in the air, along with the first as a demo with whatever the heck it is they're holding a sticky bomb launcher floating above them. :V
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 10:24:44 AM by Agent of the BSoD »
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2012, 09:39:31 AM »
Too many special maps and special plugins/modes for my taste, really. What happened to having a server that we could all join and play against each other on?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2012, 01:08:20 PM »
Alright, so, me and Frey stayed a little longer in the server. We found out that in the Hakurei Shrine Winter map bots are completely clueless as to what's going on, except for snipers and spies....
VSH maps aren't that well suited for bots, but this is good to know.

Also, this is a bigger problem. We went on to the vsh_aperture_b2a map. It seems that it's a bad map for people with lower-end systems [due to client-side crashes; Frey and other player had no problems, but either way avoid loading said map at least].
Tested. I've confirmed your problems under DX8 mode (ie. -dxlevel 80 or 81). I'll ask omgkitties to remove it since quite a few of us seem to use those parameters.

It seems that Alpha, according to my client, was giving a high five everywhere they walked, so naturally, they appeared to glide everywhere with their hand in the air....
Quick, high-five BSoD to death!

Too many special maps and special plugins/modes for my taste, really. What happened to having a server that we could all join and play against each other on?
Well, that is still the primary purpose for this server, but these extra maps, plugins, gamemodes, etc. are done to increase versatility and variety, even with vanilla play (see most of the TF2maps.net additions).

Considering all these late-night bouts (mostly with Pacific coast players), I've started with late-night signoff procedure here with some cvar/rcon-setting (most to defaults, bots down to 2), password-clearing, next map set to CP or PL, and (not yet) kicking everyone for reasons of 'server's done for today, thanks for coming by, come back again'. That should keep it ready for sporadic vanilla matches and the next gathering or meet.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 01:41:33 PM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2012, 04:41:39 PM »
arena_pool_day is confirmed by Frey to not work for auto-download, however.
Oops  that wasn't on the fastdl server for some reason. It is now  :V
TF2 Server

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Re: [TF2] MotK Meetups (NEXT MEET: Feb 9-11, 7PM, Highlander Mode!)
« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2012, 07:13:00 AM »
I originally planned the next meet for early March, but it seems you all wanted one in February too. Well, I think we can have that, certainly, but with some special rules:

SPECIAL RULES FOR THIS MEET:
- Highlander Mode
1 person per class per team, no exceptions. 18 players maximum. Stock gamemodes only; maps are not limited. (more info)

I thought of adding Tournament Mode and a few others too, but we can do that another time. For now I'm seeing how effective this may be.

TIMES: February 9-11, 7PM EST/GMT-5 (pushed up an hour for European players, while keeping it manageable for US/CA Pacific ones)

Sign-up procedure is the same as usual (post the days you can possibly come in), except that you should also list 2-3 classes you'd prefer to play as. This is not, however, a guarantee that you will be having that slot - it's first-come first-serve on the server. What this does assist with, however, is the likely team/player makeup. Should more than 18 confirm for a single day I may opt to put it to Arena due to its sit-out system.
As Highlander tends to favour specialists from my experience, I suggest that specialist players go for their intended classes first, and then general and learning players take up the rest.

That being said, I'll probably be able to make all three days; my likely classes are Medic, Pyro, and Scout, but I can fill in for most situations and classes.

To change the topic, it seems that in cp_desertion the BLU bots fail hard at the second spawn point. They're stuck to a corner and can't get out of their supply room. In addition, Nightfall and maybe other PLR maps lack proper bot behaviour; there are nav files, but they don't move outside of spawn. I bet they weren't programmed for this gamemode.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 07:15:46 AM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2012, 07:22:33 AM »
I can do Thursday. My preferred classes are Engineer, Spy, and Soldier. I can fill in the other gaps if those end up being taken first.

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2012, 07:34:28 AM »
Friday, probably not. The other days sound good though.

Pyro, Soldier, and Medic... maybe.
Fleh, we'll see. ^^

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2012, 07:42:41 AM »
I should be able to make it to each meet as usual. Preferred classes would be: Soldier, Sniper, Demoman.

« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2012, 08:14:16 AM »
Thursday 10:00 PM?

I'll try to go. (i.e sneaking the computer at 10 PM) I play as spy, pyro and engie.

Emphasis on the spy. :V
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 08:21:00 AM by Yukarin »

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2012, 09:29:19 AM »
Like the previous one, I may show up if nothing suddenly comes up for me to do.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2012, 01:42:38 PM »
I should be able to attend most of them!

Classes : Engineer, Spy, Demoman

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2012, 01:59:06 PM »
I will attend unless i'm doing anything else ( or timezones ). My preferred classes are Engineer, Spy and Soldier.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2012, 02:35:33 PM »
I'm down as long as I get to be the Spy for the team :V