Author Topic: How to make patches?  (Read 2773 times)

Yukari-Chan

• Excuse me while I prepare /your/ demise. <3 TSO
How to make patches?
« on: December 10, 2011, 03:28:20 AM »
I want to patch CtC for some people to enjoy ( Well, it's ENG. ver 1.0 ) and I need to do a patch because, Naut said the game is not free so no download links to the real thing. The truth is, I don't know how to make patches and please don't make fun of me.  And, since Phantasm Romance isn't free, I need a patch for that also. Thank you for those who respond to me kindly.
" Borders are Borders. They were meant to be manipulated and mistreated. "

MrBigz

• Rael
Re: How to make patches?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 03:45:30 AM »
I could do it if you upload the files for it, it doesn't take long to make a patch.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 07:34:08 AM »
Phantasm Romance is a free game, as are all of Len's Danmakufu scripts. You don't need a patch for that.

As for making a patch, all you need is the original files, the modified files, and an appropriate program (Google gives a few useful hits, e.g. Patch Maker). I don't know if there are any specific programs that are generally preferred for the task, though.

Yukari-Chan

• Excuse me while I prepare /your/ demise. <3 TSO
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 06:22:03 PM »
Phantasm Romance is a free game, as are all of Len's Danmakufu scripts. You don't need a patch for that.

As for making a patch, all you need is the original files, the modified files, and an appropriate program (Google gives a few useful hits, e.g. Patch Maker). I don't know if there are any specific programs that are generally preferred for the task, though.

Thank you! I will now download patch maker for CtC. Can you be a test player? I need to find out how many bugs are their...
" Borders are Borders. They were meant to be manipulated and mistreated. "