Author Topic: Satori Quest - Day in the Life  (Read 168099 times)

Nekomata-chan

Re: Satori Quest - Day in the Life
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2011, 08:44:04 PM »
>"Like I said earlier, 'nd all - peeps can have t'eir own way o' speakin', like!" You resist the urge to lock her in a basement with forced elocution lessons.

>"Oh, c'mon! Tell me those fluffy lil' tails were no' put in Gensokyo to be pulled! T'ey're all fuzzy and stuff, wish I 'ad a pair... 'ey, why does she 'ave two? Thought kitties only 'ad the one, or is she a nekomata? But they only 'ave forked tails.. not two.." Marisa is obviously confusing herself into oblivion, so you stop her there.

« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2011, 08:49:15 PM »
"She's a Kasha."

Does she like getting beat up, or is she just that stupid?
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2011, 08:51:43 PM »
>Marisa looks dumbfounded. "Uh... the hell's one o' those?!"

>Suddenly, you hear a thought from Marisa: I think I ought to go home... Alice is probably worried about me, like usual. You wonder who Alice is..

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2011, 09:27:10 PM »
"You have someone that wories about you? What sort of idiot lets you pull one over them."
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2011, 09:31:09 PM »
>Marisa frowns, "Alice is, like, me best friend!! I have friends, unlike you! You're just this stuck up youkai that everybody hates!! I'm leavin', I don't care what you say!" she goes to storm off, but forgets something. "Where the hell is my mini-hakkero?!" she screams. You shrug.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2011, 09:41:07 PM »
<"Oh, and to clue you in on what Kasha are, they are the ones responsible for gathering fuel for the fires that Utsuho maintains."
>Sigh.
>"Which, had I not stopped her, you would have soon found yourself as. Consider yourself lucky that I was around."
>"And my pets are my friends. Most generally can't do what Utsuho and Orin can, but they don't have to because I understand them."

This is subjective, but I wanna see if we can play Therapist for this kook, don't use it unless everyone else is on board.
>Smirk.
>Lets read her mind further shall we? To see if there's anyone who understands her like we understand our pets.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2011, 09:58:01 PM »
This is subjective, but I wanna see if we can play Therapist for this kook, don't use it unless everyone else is on board.
>Smirk.
>Lets read her mind further shall we? To see if there's anyone who understands her like we understand our pets.
Go ahead and read her mind, it's not like she's earned herself any hospitality here.
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2011, 10:00:07 PM »
We don't have to be an ethical therapist.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2011, 10:03:20 PM »
>Marisa shrugs.
>She nods in agreement, raising her eyebrows. "Thanks, I guess."
>"You have more?!" Crap... her mind tells you.

>Marisa looks unnerved at your smirk.
>People who understand her: Miss Margatroid, Hakurei Reimu, Izayoi Sakuya, Patchouli Knowledge (Patchy, as you detected subtly), and somebody else called Mima. Marisa looks like she felt you read her mind.
   "Get the hell out of my head, you bitch!!" she storms off back to your house, possibly to raid it for her mini-hakkero. You follow close behind. She hates this. "Leave me alone!!"

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2011, 10:37:08 PM »
>"I see a person's mind as I see their living place, a place that should not normally be invaded without permission."
>Adopt a dark expression, make sure that she can see our third eye watching her.
>"I am simply repaying you by showing the same respect you have shown my palace... that is, breaking in and attempting to take what it holds for yourself."
>Keep reading her mind, be wary for signs of agression.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2011, 11:25:27 PM »
>Marisa scowls, "You're damn right it's a person's pers'nal space!
>She shrinks from your expression and keeps flickering her gaze to your 3rd eye, as if it may spontaneously shoot her.
>She sighs. "Look, Sat'ri, I'm, like, really sorry and stuff, da-ze, I thou' it was deserted! Was'e no', wan' not, you get me, da-ze?".
>Evidentally, from what you can sense in her mind, all she wants is her mini-hakkero and a one-way ticket out of here, but she is still owing you a day of work, for you or Koishi, or probably Orin as an apology, but the poor kasha's had enough of this poorly-spoken thief, just as you have. The only person down here with any respect or care for Marisa is Koishi, who is now by your side and looking distraught.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2011, 11:02:13 AM »
[Added]

>You suddenly detect vast amounts of hostility from Marisa. It appears that you may have to dodge some rather frighteningly large lasers.

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2011, 11:46:33 AM »
>Damn, did we bring our spellcards?
>If so, make sure we can pull them out quickly but don't do it unless she attacks.
>Put a hand on Koishi's shoulder

>"I doubt that you were unaware that this house was inhabited, seeing as you've already blasted through it and fought me once in the past."
>Keep watching her mind but don't do it as openly as before.
>Put a finger to our chin.
>"I believe you contemplated raiding it that time too, before I showed you to the entrance to old hell."

>"And I would be grateful if you could keep the large lasers to a minimum, none of my pets would appreciate it if you damaged the building."

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2011, 01:09:22 PM »
>Of course you did. One part of being prepared is keeping spellcards tucked into your sleeves and socks.
>You quickly pull them out, keeping them tucked into your hand and out of sight.
>Koishi takes a few deep breaths, before whispering in your ear, "Is Mari-chan okay?" but you don't answer.

>Marisa just waves a hand dismissively, "Yeah, yeah, but y'know, people forge' stuff! I thought you would be out or somethin', you know, shoppin'."
>All that you see coursing through her mind is haste, slight worry and boredom.
>Marisa looks over her shoulder as you speak.
>"Maybe I did, maybe I di'n't, either way I think you owe me 'n apology for settin' your monster cat to attack me. An' you have to stop stealin' other people's spellcards, 'ave you got any imagination to make any of your own?" she murmurs.

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2011, 05:21:40 PM »
>"You forgot or you thought I would not be here? You'll have to make up your mind if you want to sound credible."
>Did she think anything specific when she mentioned stealing spellcards?
>"And I don't believe you're in any position to lecture me on stealing cards, I caught you literally sneaking around trying to take them from me, presumably because you can not get a hold of them on your own."
>Smirk. Keep watching that mind.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2011, 06:40:44 PM »
>Marisa sighs, "Yeah, I thought you'd be out, okay?!"
>As far as you can tell, she was making wild stabs in the dark to annoy you.
>"Tch, whatever! I just wanted to return them to their rightful owners! Like I do when I borrow stuff!" You immediately know this is a lie. Not from her mind, but her body language.
>Marisa is now stumped. She cannot, without hurting herself, even try to hurl any insults at you.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2011, 07:02:09 PM »
>"You are mistaken about the cards though. They are not the originals, merely copies that I drew from the memories of others."
>Keep on smirking.
>" If you would take the effort to ask the people whose cards I have used copies of, you would find that they still possess the original, the 'Master Copy', if you will."
>"In fact, I could look through your memories right now to create a copy of one of your own Spellcards right now, and you would find that you still possess the original one.
>"There is a reason why I append my copied spellcards with 'Recollection' after all. They are recalled memories of the past given form once more."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2011, 07:22:58 PM »
>"This method is also not perfect. If the person whose mind I'm reading doesn't have a clear memory then the card will end up with minute differences, usually enough to throw the person on the receiving end for a loop."
>Make a dismissive wave.
>"I doubt there's any reason for you to know this though." sigh "Since you're obviously not going to make any attempt at being helpful you might as well leave, I'll accompany you to the door just so that you don't get any ideas."
>Where did her hakkero end up anyways?

Feel free to refute this if you have something you want to do with Marisa, she mostly seems to be trouble at the moment to me.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2011, 07:49:45 PM »
>Marisa smirks, "But obviously people have good memory of spellcards, like my Master Spark! You just mutter the spell tenderly to mini-hakkero, aim at someone you don't like and unleash your annihilation of lo-"
>You wave, and cut her off.
>Marisa shrugs, and you both (along with Koishi) walk to your house.
>You remember that you last saw Orin staring at it like it was a bomb, but apart from that it is probably still on the kitchen table. You enter the house, and Marisa begins her search. Before long, she comes back to you with a frantic angry face.
   "What have you done with my mini-hakkero?! I swear, I left it on the kitchen table!! One of your me-... one of your pets must have moved it! Unless your crazy little sister did." Marisa shoots a suspicious glare at Koishi, but she dissolves into giggles. "Kidding, I found it, da-ze."

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2011, 07:57:53 PM »
Maybe we should have Koishi go with her.  I mean we love her but she can be almost as annoying as Marisa.

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2011, 08:31:22 PM »
>Put the fingertips of our right hand on out forehead in an exasperated gesture.

>"You do have a rather poor sense of humor don't you? I was almost about to send a pet to look for it."
>Take her to the door this time, make sure she doesn't pick anything up on the way out.
>When there: "Well, I can't say it has been a pleasure but if you leave now I guess I at least won't have to hold a grudge."
>"A presume you can find your way to the surface? I could have a pet accompany you or perhaps Koishi could show you the way if she wanted to."
>"At any rate I will now bid you farewell. Let's hope this will not be repeated shall we?"

>Check her mind again, has her attitude changed at all?

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2011, 08:44:34 PM »
>You 'facepalm' almost.

>Marisa giggles, "He-hey, at leas' you're callin' it a sense of humour, da-ze! Tha's a start!!"
>You hurry Marisa to the door, almost ready to kick her out yourself. Koishi has stayed quiet all this time, and you're half expecting her to burst out with a random comment.
>Marisa nods, "And, hey, Koishi, I'll see if I can't get Aya to deliver le'ers from me t' you, yeah?" You sigh yet again. Here's hoping she knows how to spell.
>"Nah, nah, I know the way! I got Alice waitin' for me, I ough' to apologise for not gettin' the spellcards for her and Patchy to study, da-ze!" You stop. She was collecting spellcards for study?!
>She hops on a broom, which she left by the door, and waves. "See-ya, da-zeee!"
>As you read her mind, you sense that she actually quickly that she likes it down here. You give a small smile... but there is something she is hiding.
Maybe this is what Marisa calls hospitality. You watch as she flies out of the palace, but then you realise Marisa has something tucked into her socks. Something... rectangular-shaped. As she flies off, Marisa looks back and smiles cheekily. "Thank you for the spellcards! I collected these before you came in, da-ze! I think I have mostly those Recollection cards, but I may've picked up one of Koishi's or that cat's! Maybe even that fiery hell-raven!! See you around, da-zeee!!" You kick the floor, and Koishi looks over at you with a worried face.
   "Should we go after her?"

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2011, 08:55:43 PM »
>Curse under our breath

>We wouldn't happen to have any way to send a message to the city before she manages to get out of it do we?

>Are those cards especially valuable to us? Apart from the usefulness of the spells on them.

>Could those cards be harmful to anyone other than us if they attempted to use them?

(Please don't take any actions apart from the cursing, I want to make a decision based on the answers.)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 09:04:16 PM by Marokuu »

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2011, 09:23:33 PM »
>Koishi looks startled. Maybe it should have been further under your breath...

>You could possibly send one of your faster pets with a message to Hoshiguma-san, who could alert Parsee, Yamame and Kisume as well as alerting a few of her stronger oni friends...

>The Recollection cards are not entirely useful, but maybe the ones belonging to the others have some sort of value to them.

>The only way it could be harmful is if she decided to use it in a fragile environment... and if she says where she got them, you could have a very large problem on your hands...

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2011, 10:29:22 PM »
>"Sorry Koishi, could you try to follow her? I'll see if I can send one of the pets to Hoshiguma and tell her to attempt an interception, I'll come after you in a moment."
>"I'd rather that no one else got hold of those cards, if she got any of yours then even more the reason to stop her."

>Call for the closest pet that we think could outrun Marisa and give it this message: "The black-white magician has stolen several cards belonging to the palace of the earth spirits. Any assistance in retrieving these cards would be greatly apreciated."
>Send the pet on its way to Yuugi and look, can we still see Marisa or Koishi?

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2011, 12:07:57 PM »
>Koishi adopts a salute stance, whilst giving a nod.
>"Will do, sis!" she shouts as she flies after Marisa at breakneck speeds. Huh, you never knew Koishi was that fast...
>Orin. She caught up to Marisa whilst chasing her, without much effort. Without her wheelbarrow, she could be 10 times faster. Not to mention, she hates Marisa.
>You call her over, relaying the message as quickly as possible. She gasps, "That bitch! Don't worry, Satori-sama, I know a shortcut!" she shouts back as she hurtles away to the Ancient City... maybe you and Okuu should go, too? Marisa could have some of Okuu's and... you shudder at what damage that could cause..

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2011, 12:41:25 PM »
>Let's hope Orin doesn't get the Oni too riled up...

>Where is Okuu right now? It might be better to keep her out of this for the moment, it'd be nice to have a city left by the end of the day.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2011, 04:15:31 PM »
>Getting the oni too riled up? They would probably misinterpret it as a chance to get a new drinking buddy, even if that is a sweeping generalisation.

>Okuu is still back at the reactor, she went to carry on with her job after Orin nearly clawed Marisa's face off. She can handle it on her own.. hopefully.

master105

• Don't worry, Crest Worms... I will (ahn~♥) protect you...
  • I can prove your not here.
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2011, 09:13:27 PM »
>Okuu can handle the reactor by herself for a bit..... lets hurry though.

> Take to the air and see if we can catch up to the thief and our sister.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2011, 01:36:48 PM »
>Yeah, Okuu has calmed down considerably as she's gotten acustomed to her nuclear powers. Thanks to Kanako..
>You take to the air and fly as fast as you possibly can. Not long after, you find yourself in the Ancient City. You see Orin, who flies to catch up with you.
   "Satori-sama! We've missed her! They've already left the underground!! I tried to go with Koishi, but she asked me to wait for you and to accompany you aboveground! This isn't the best time to say this, but I have never seen her that excited!!" Orin shouts over the whooshing air around you, gained from your high speed. Orin looks surprised at your speed, straining to keep up. The poor kasha looks exhausted!