Author Topic: Silent Sinner in Blue  (Read 28452 times)

LordVant

• I'm a strange type of crazy...the one you love and fear
  • Do not challenge the gateguard
Silent Sinner in Blue
« on: April 22, 2009, 02:40:49 AM »
Though I'm probably a baka for asking this, does any1 know when they're going to continue Silent Sinner in Blue? or make a sequel whatever......-_-
I'm freakin' sucked into it and there's no word on it!!!! :o :o :o
Please any word will be appreciated.

FIGHT!

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
Re: Silent Sinner in Blue
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 02:44:02 AM »
IT ENDED.

ENDED.

AKI EDA AND ZUN ENDED IT.

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 03:15:32 AM »
Yup, Silent Sinner finished up as of this month. Along with the side story, Cage of Luntatic Harigate.

Inaba of the Earth and Moon should be about to end as well since it is also part of the Silent Sinner saga.

So yeah, it's done.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 03:36:04 AM »
CiLR's (Cage of Luntatic Harigate? What?) last chapter it seems is divided into two parts. The other half is probably next month.

As for Inaba, my guess is that it'll run up to chapter 25 if not 23. Then again, it's a 4koma and the tankobon for that is coming in August. I somehow doubt it'll end with just one compilation. At least 2 maybe.

Wordspoken

• Death Moe
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 03:46:08 PM »
I like SSiB!

But then again I haven't read from chapter 15 onwards.
This voice...sounds like a drunken loli. Is that you, Suika?

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 03:58:41 PM »
Ehhh, it was all right. With the ending balanced against, um, the Mary Sueness of the Watatsukis, that is.

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 04:04:55 PM »
and nothing of value was lost

Pretty much sums it for me, shame it won't be the last of Aki Eda.

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 04:08:36 PM »
Meh, I'm still rather disappointed with how it ended, I've kept up with it and then all of a sudden I don't see the battle I was hoping for. I feel like someone just kicked me in the nads and stole my lunch money (which in this case is the time I put into actually reading it).

But, everyone thinks it's lolz that the Watatsuki's got duped so I don't think it's my place to complain.

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 04:15:27 PM »
Pretty much sums it for me, shame it won't be the last of Aki Eda.

Hey, it's not like you have to read Aki Eda's stuff.
If you don't like something, criticise it, ignore it, whatever, but don't call for it to be stopped - because that's just selfish.
Advocate of Transhumanism

Patoyo

• Currently waiting for Touhou 13
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 04:26:54 PM »
Hey, it's not like you have to read Aki Eda's stuff.
If you don't like something, criticise it, ignore it, whatever, but don't call for it to be stopped - because that's just selfish.

Yep, it doesn't end yet. It's the suspense.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 09:03:33 PM »
Can someone spoil it for me since the translation project seems to have.... stopped.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 10:08:22 PM »
It DID end better than I was expecting so props to ZUN for that, but overall the whole thing was kind of a waste of time, I feel like. Also, it could've been less than half the length with the same content.

Also it could've been drawn by Not Aki Eda.

Gpop

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 10:17:03 PM »
Also it could've been drawn by Not Aki Eda.

I agree with you. As much as I like her stuff, I don't think she's capable for this kind of doujin.

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 10:46:52 PM »
Can someone spoil it for me since the translation project seems to have.... stopped.

The translation project itself never stopped, the problem was the editor was nowhere to be seen and it continued to be "reserved" for her, that said, I believe the editor has finally shifted and progress will start once more.

As for the end, it's been posted all over. Yuyuko ends up stealing the Moon Sister's sake, that's about it.

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 12:01:34 AM »
The "Second Lunar War" was just a diversion so that Yukari could do what she does best- messing with someone. Although there was that part about needing a rope to bind Kanako but I can't remember if anything came out of that. Also Yuyuko went on a shopping trip.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 12:48:17 AM »
I agree with you. As much as I like her stuff, I don't think she's capable for this kind of doujin.

If u gonna flame, do it else where. this is stupid and an insult to all artist and ZUN for picking her to do the art.
SO there.

LordVant

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 03:09:29 AM »
Thx to you all for that. I've only got up to 15 and didn't see it anywhere else so I thought it wasn't finished yet. Still aren't pretty much all the Touhou games like a waste of time? The situation gets resolved and some new characters are added. Strange though, It'd seem like it would get repetitive but it doesn't; and that's what I love about Touhou (Besides the danmaku)  ;D

FIGHT!

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 04:14:32 AM »

Gpop

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 06:28:05 PM »
i believe that's called stating an opinion not flaming

Thank you.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 06:37:58 AM »
I hope its okay to post here in this since its kinda old but i just got into the series myself...sad that the comic's translation was halted or even cancelled....I don't know the artist that much but i do like the art. I think its cute.
But why dont' people like her art? personal opinions or is she really....bad?
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 06:40:42 AM »
I hope its okay to post here in this since its kinda old but i just got into the series myself...sad that the comic's translation was halted or even cancelled....I don't know the artist that much but i do like the art. I think its cute.

I love her art, personally. She did my favorite drawing of Remilia.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 06:46:46 AM »
they dun like Aki eda for funny reasons, mostly due to her funny ending of SSiB.

I like her art.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 06:52:49 AM »
they dun like Aki eda for funny reasons, mostly due to her funny ending of SSiB.

I like her art.
haha. i see. but wasn't the story written by ZUN? she just drew it out right? That wouldn't be a good reason to not like her art wouldn't it?
Really its too bad it isn't translated. i read all the way up to chapter 15 just now and needlessly searched for the rest. I guess i'll read Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the EArth then. That looks like its finished....i hope
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 07:04:15 AM »
Hmmm.

I'd say it's the fact that the entire cast has about three faces between them, and the short-haired characters, apart from details like Marisa's braid and Yorihime's ponytail, have approximately three hairstyles between them. I mean ... yeah, I know, Only Six Faces (warning, TVTropes, etc), but this turns it up to eleven. She also insists on not drawing Marisa wearing her hat for no explicable reason.

To put it another way, the character designs seem ... bland. (Compare with Clash House (artists of Strange and Bright Nature Deity), or even VISIONNERZ.) Sort of like she's playing dressup with "paper dolls" instead of making destinct characters.

mark2000

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 07:33:21 AM »
Hmmm.

I'd say it's the fact that the entire cast has about three faces between them, and the short-haired characters, apart from details like Marisa's braid and Yorihime's ponytail, have approximately three hairstyles between them. I mean ... yeah, I know, Only Six Faces (warning, TVTropes, etc), but this turns it up to eleven. She also insists on not drawing Marisa wearing her hat for no explicable reason.

To put it another way, the character designs seem ... bland. (Compare with Clash House (artists of Strange and Bright Nature Deity), or even VISIONNERZ.) Sort of like she's playing dressup with "paper dolls" instead of making destinct characters.

I agree. While I like her art style, it would've been nice if she had put a bit more effort into adding more variety to each character's facial features.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 12:38:31 PM by mark2000 »

LordVant

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2009, 12:32:11 PM »
This is getting really annoying. Still no one wants to finish translating it, or rather the person that was supposed to probably doesn't even remember she was supposed to translate it. :P

FIGHT!

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2009, 12:47:48 PM »
Yeah its sad. :(
I like SSIB. The story line is so ridiculous.
I've only found up to ch14 translated on manga fox.

Gpop

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2009, 02:58:50 PM »
Well really we're just waiting for Arsen to finish Chapter 16. Once she finishes that, she's dropping the project, and giving it to Nietz for the rest, who I think we all know will work on this much more quickly and is much more reliable =/.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2009, 03:10:50 PM »
Another one for the "I actually liked SSiB!" list here... Such a shame the scans stop just before the chapter that I really want to read (three guesses as to why).  Oh well, them's the breaks, patience is a virtue and all that...

Also, I'd argue against the Watatsuki's being called Mary Sues (because really, they're not), but no-one would listen to me.  Sigh... I'll just go and sit in the "I actually like the Watatsukis!" corner by myself...
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Hieda no Aya

• I see you remodeled.
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2009, 03:18:18 PM »
Hmmm.

Huh, really? That's interesting, because that's always been my complaint about Clash House -- everyone has the same face and one of two hairstyles in front. (Straight-cut bangs and uneven bangs.) In a closeup and with clothes/accessories out of the picture, I don't think I could ever tell a difference between Marisa, Alice, and Sunny Milk in SaBND.

That said, Aki Eda's art definitely has its ups and downs. I think she draws really cute characters, but she's pretty bad at blocking and proportion and such. Besides the above, I've seen a lot of complaints about her work in action scenes and scenes with a lot of people.

As for chapter 16... half of it's been edited since February. Arsen is coming back, right? Thank goodness for text translations, at least.