Author Topic: Touhou Musou Kakyou casting call!  (Read 17003 times)

Chainsaw Guitar

Touhou Musou Kakyou casting call!
« on: July 10, 2009, 09:44:43 PM »
Okay, this a silly but fun idea: what if the maikaze anime got an English dub?. Post who you think should voice who. ;D

Narrator- Mela Lee
Reimu- Carly Mckillip
Marisa- Jessica Calvello
Patchouli- Michelle Ruff
Sakuya- Christine Auten
Remilia- Lisa Yamanaka
Aya- Mandy Clark
Suika- Philece Sampler
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 10:03:56 PM by Chainsaw Guitar »

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
Re: Touhou Musou Kakyou casting call!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 11:01:20 PM »
Narrarator: David Attenbrough.

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 11:12:46 PM »

Ya know... the narator is mostlikely going to be yukari in the next episode so...

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 11:23:21 PM »

Ya know... the narator is mostlikely going to be yukari in the next episode so...

Very well then...

Yukari: David Attenbrough.

...That solves everything!
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 01:30:26 AM »

(Whispering, from behind a row of bushes near Hakurei Shrine) "Now, it's important that we don't disturb the natural order of things in Gensokyo, but if we're patient, we just might catch a glimpse of the rare and elusive shrine maiden." (Reimu walks out of the shrine, holding a broom, looking bored. She yawns and stretches.) "Ah, we're in luck! There she is." (Reimu begins sweeping the leaves in front of the shrine.) "Notice how much care and attention she places on her territory. She'll spend all morning doing this, actually. It's fascinatiing. But what's this?" (Marisa flies in, dropping in a pile of leaves, laughing.) "Now this is indeed a treat. Here we have an ordinary black magician and a shrine maiden interacting with each other." (Reimu throws down her broom, annoyed, begins to yell at Marisa for messing up the leaf pile.) "It appears the shrine maiden is angry with the magician for disturbing her territory. As threatening as her gestures may appear, the shrine maiden will actually not harm the magician. It seems to be a part of their special relationship with each other, that although they may quarrel, they maintain this special bond. In fact, some observers-" (Marisa parts the bushes, poking her head in front of the camera.) "Hey, what's this thing, eh? Lemme see that." (Grabs the camera, the picture shaking.) "C'mon, lemme have it, ze. What is it? Whatsit do, eh? I said let go- oops!" (Stumbles, picture clicks off, screen goes snowy.)

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 01:35:57 AM »

(Whispering, from behind a row of bushes near Hakurei Shrine) "Now, it's important that we don't disturb the natural order of things in Gensokyo, but if we're patient, we just might catch a glimpse of the rare and elusive shrine maiden." (Reimu walks out of the shrine, holding a broom, looking bored. She yawns and stretches.) "Ah, we're in luck! There she is." (Reimu begins sweeping the leaves in front of the shrine.) "Notice how much care and attention she places on her territory. She'll spend all morning doing this, actually. It's fascinatiing. But what's this?" (Marisa flies in, dropping in a pile of leaves, laughing.) "Now this is indeed a treat. Here we have an ordinary black magician and a shrine maiden interacting with each other." (Reimu throws down her broom, annoyed, begins to yell at Marisa for messing up the leaf pile.) "It appears the shrine maiden is angry with the magician for disturbing her territory. As threatening as her gestures may appear, the shrine maiden will actually not harm the magician. It seems to be a part of their special relationship with each other, that although they may quarrel, they maintain this special bond. In fact, some observers-" (Marisa parts the bushes, poking her head in front of the camera.) "Hey, what's this thing, eh? Lemme see that." (Grabs the camera, the picture shaking.) "C'mon, lemme have it, ze. What is it? Whatsit do, eh? I said let go- oops!" (Stumbles, picture clicks off, screen goes snowy.)

LOL

I actually imagined David Attenbrough narrating that!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 01:38:43 AM »
I <3 Dave. If I ever become wealthy, I'd like to hire him to follow me around narrating everything I'm doing.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 02:02:36 AM »
Someone has to be voiced by Crispen Freeman.  I don't care who.  Preferably someone who's already badass.  I guess that'd be Remilia in episode 1.

... ... ... *Snort* Ahahaha~

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 02:47:07 AM »
Okay, this a silly but fun idea: what if the maikaze anime got an English dub?....

OH GODS! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!
rofl bye

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 02:51:19 AM »
Here's an idea. Have David Attenbrough, or someone who does nature documentaries do their thing while the shoe plays normally, japanese voices and all.

Easy Mode

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 03:04:35 AM »
You HAVE to have Steven Jay Blum in there somewhere. Since he's, you know, in everything.

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 11:20:48 AM »
Why don't YOU do all the voices!?
Wotters gonna' wot

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2009, 12:22:02 PM »
Why don't YOU do all the voices!?

:V exactly.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2009, 04:49:27 PM »

LordVant

• I'm a strange type of crazy...the one you love and fear
  • Do not challenge the gateguard
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 06:12:02 PM »
English dub?
DO NOT WANT
EXACTLY!!! Just let people get the game! We don't want ppl watching the anime and not understanding anything about the game. We'll have idiots roaming the freakin touhou sites.

FIGHT!

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 06:40:22 PM »
English dub?
DO NOT WANT
EXACTLY!!! Just let people get the game! We don't want ppl watching the anime and not understanding anything about the game. We'll have idiots roaming the freakin touhou sites.

In other words, like any manga/game/anything-that-was-not-an-anime-to-begin-with that gets an anime?

FUNFACT: Slifer the Sky Dragon was named as a dig at a 4Kids producer. It was originally in reference to Osiris. So instead of 3 Egyptian Gods, English!Yu-Gi-Oh! is stuck with 2 Gods and an Exec.

The worst part being that Exec. probably has the best effect out of all of them (nukes any face-up 2000 DEF or less mook? HELL YES. Is strong enough to take care of the rest if you're not a complete asshat? HELL YES. Can be thrown into a deck revolving around the original Instant Win Condition? HELLYESHELLYESHELLYES.).

But that's a 4Kids anime, so that's really a bad example (and by 'bad', I mean 'worst-case'). But stuff like that happens, unfortunately . . .
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »
since Touhou does not need a CV wakamoto, I guess I won't get to be in it.
(despite actually acting in a Bleach dub before)
(i was young and desperate for fame, don't hate me)
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 06:56:59 PM »
FUNFACT: Slifer the Sky Dragon was named as a dig at a 4Kids producer. It was originally in reference to Osiris. So instead of 3 Egyptian Gods, English!Yu-Gi-Oh! is stuck with 2 Gods and an Exec.
You mean there's a REASON he's called Slifer The Executive Producer in YGOTAS? o_O

Patchouli- Michelle Ruff
Was the Rita reference deliberate? Because now I have a mental image of Patchouli screaming 'I AM SO GONNA MAKE YOU HURT!' >_>

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 08:06:18 PM »
GG sarcasm.  >_>

On that thread, it's called subtitles.

Two, multilevel nested quotes for the loss.

And three, we already have idiot(maiden)s roaming Touhou sites.  =<

Drake

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 09:02:17 PM »
Was the Rita reference deliberate? Because now I have a mental image of Patchouli screaming 'I AM SO GONNA MAKE YOU HURT!' >_>
FLAMETAL DRAGON :D

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2009, 02:04:11 AM »
You mean there's a REASON he's called Slifer The Executive Producer in YGOTAS? o_O

Yep. It's a dig at a dig.

There's also a rather amusing incident where, when played backwards, English!James from Pokemon says that 4Kids is the Devil (you can find it just about anywhere on Youtube). Yes, it happened while he was being nom'd by Victreebel.

Patchouli- Michelle Ruff

Please tell me that the image I'm getting is not related to that -- specifically, the one where Patchy is on the moon waving a bahonking huge staff and making a Yukkuri grow.

EDIT: If it is not, thank goodness and I curse my having watched so many episodes of that damn show. IT STICKS TO YOUR BRAIN, NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU SCRUB.
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2009, 09:21:50 AM »

Apotheosis

• Pop-tarts please!!!
  • MOM WHERE'S MY POP-TARTS?????
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2009, 07:08:37 PM »
David Tennant must be involved.
The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr - Mohammed

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2009, 11:25:24 PM »
EVERYBODY IS VOICED BY TARA STRONG

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2009, 11:30:57 PM »
EVERYBODY IS VOICED BY TARA STRONG
Sounds about right.
Wotters gonna' wot

Gambit

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2009, 12:56:03 AM »
David Hayter needs a mention.

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2009, 01:18:26 AM »
David Hayter needs a mention.

Gambit don't you have to go be fake cajun or somethng?
Wotters gonna' wot

mark2000

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2009, 01:43:35 AM »
Rinnosuke as Steven Blum

Haha! Then I'll have Spike's image burned to my head everytime I hear Kourin speak.

P.S.

Do we really have to wait for the next comiket before maikaze announces anything about what they're gonna do next?

Getting a cliffhanger on the one and only episode I could watch was a very big kick in the balls for me. I still love the episode though.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 02:01:39 AM by mark2000 »

Gambit

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2009, 02:08:10 AM »
Gambit don't you have to go be fake cajun or somethng?

Whatever   

Apotheosis

• Pop-tarts please!!!
  • MOM WHERE'S MY POP-TARTS?????
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2009, 02:59:37 AM »
Rinnosuke as Steven Blum

Haha! Then I'll have Spike's image burned to my head everytime I hear Kourin speak.

One of my dreams is to watch a dub where Steven Blum does every voice, even the women. Hell, he's already in every dub known to man, this should be a piece of cake.

And David Tennant should be Rinnosuke
The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr - Mohammed