Author Topic: Perfect/Butler Quest, Part II: What it Means to Protect  (Read 117915 times)

Hero999

• Banzai!
  • Beep~
Re: Perfect Butler Quest
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2011, 02:33:01 AM »
> Occupation (Not sure If we Checked :V)
> Observe Surroundings.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2011, 03:06:02 AM »
> Occupation (Not sure If we Checked :V)
> Observe Surroundings.

>gotta pretend like we're doing something productive while she changes.  Stare at her sword!  I'm pretty sure it's something we would want to look at anyway.

>You're a high school student, senior year. Fairly average grades, though you excel in English. You have a part time job at a library when it's open. Otherwise not much else.

>Your surroundings have already been observed. It's a fairly usual looking hotel room.

>Seeing as you'll probably devolve into furious angry rage and knife something if you think about your now vastly thinner wallet, you decide to focus on something.

>Her sword seems to be a two edged, five foot long monstrosity. It seems very well used, and very well taken care of. Some kind of european two hander? A large gem is set into the pommel that gleams in the morning sun.

>You decide to help yourself to a plate of breakfast. The warm food feels good.

>She pops out of the bathroom in a loose t-shirt and sweatpants. "Good to see you're awake. Didn't want the only other person able to see those things dying on me...anyways, how's it?...too casual? Well, I'll start, I guess. I did kinda use your cash...anyways, I'm Natalie. I just moved into town, so nice to meet'cha! And I've been fighting these nasties for a while. Always thought I was alone, but hey! What do ya know. Though it seems like I know a bit more 'bout 'em than you, buddy." As she says this, she sits down and takes the other plate of food. "Hope you like black tea."

>What do you ask?

Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2011, 05:28:16 PM »
>"When did you start fighting these F.M.Ps?  From the stuff that I've had to do, you must be amazing at killing these creeps."
>"Then again, the giant sword probably helps.  Speaking of which, where did you get it?"
>"As nice as this B&B is, wouldn't it have been easiler to go to your place... you do have one right?"
>"Are you going to enroll at the _________ Academy?"
>"Sorry if this seems like a lot to ask, but it's nice to know I'm not alone either in going through this ordeal."

Don't lynch me.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2011, 07:12:57 PM »
>"When did you start fighting these F.M.Ps?  From the stuff that I've had to do, you must be amazing at killing these creeps."
>"Then again, the giant sword probably helps.  Speaking of which, where did you get it?"
>"As nice as this B&B is, wouldn't it have been easiler to go to your place... you do have one right?"
>"Are you going to enroll at the _________ Academy?"
>"Sorry if this seems like a lot to ask, but it's nice to know I'm not alone either in going through this ordeal."

>"FMP? What's a FMP? Izzat what you call those things? I just call 'em creepy crawlies."
>"Oh, 'ats a way better name for them," she quips after you explain.
>" 'Course it does! It's 'specially made to take these things out. 'n fact, 'm surprised you could even kill them at all. My mentor told me that only certain things and people can even hurt them...you must be one of 'em. Do you have any, like, powers?"
>"It was from my teacher! He had to travel overseas and left me in charge of his district, but I cleared it out and decided to move to the closest one nearby that had problems! Turns out you were already here, but the more the merrier, right?"
>"Oh, the school's still organizing my accommodation. 's still gonna be a bit, so I'm kinda just renting rooms in random places until...tomorrow, wazzit?"
>"How'dja know? Oh, do you go there too? Damn, I hope they don't find out that it was us that trashed it. Uh...what year 're you in?...Oh! Wow, dat's a weird coincidence."
>" 'f course! 'm glad I don't have to fight the creepy crawlies alone either! Good to be workin' witcha."

>Her accent is rather interesting, and she seems very nice. There could be worse people to help you out with this, and she seems to know more than you do. The mention of a 'mentor' and 'teacher' intrigues you; is there some established order that deals with the FMPs that you weren't aware of? And if so, why aren't they here?

>You realize your nickname for the monsters is sort of cheesy and probably not official. The fact that you have other acronyms like 'H.M.P.', 'N.M.P.', 'C.M.P.', and 'G.M.P.' for the other phases of the moon doesn't help alleviate this.

>As far as you know, you don't have any powers.

>After checking your wallet, you realize that you lack the funds for another night at this place. Your house isn't very far off either, and you're going to have to redress your wound anyway. It's a decent stitch job, but needs some touching up. And it hurts like a motherfucker; sweet pain relief medication lies at home.
Sugoiiii~

Hero999

• Banzai!
  • Beep~
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2011, 07:29:02 PM »
> Lets get down to business.
> Pack up, Go home. you're through

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2011, 09:45:41 PM »
> "So...  Is there some kind of super secret order or something that takes care of those things?  If there is, it'd have been nice if I'd been made aware of it sooner."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

ActionDan

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2011, 10:31:42 PM »
>invite natalie to stay at our house to talk if her "accommodations" are not available at the moment. On condition of working as a bodyguard, to make up for the spent money and rent

We must worship a mouse god, because how did we provide all this CHEESE.

Don't lynch me.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2011, 10:59:51 PM »
> Lets get down to business.
> Pack up, Go home. you're through
> "So...  Is there some kind of super secret order or something that takes care of those things?  If there is, it'd have been nice if I'd been made aware of it sooner."
>invite natalie to stay at our house to talk if her "accommodations" are not available at the moment. On condition of working as a bodyguard, to make up for the spent money and rent

We must worship a mouse god, because how did we provide all this CHEESE.

>You nod and make to leave. Though your wound pains you, it's a lot better than before. You don't have a lot to gather; all that's really there is your jacket and your bag. Apparently she ripped apart your shit to get at the slash...dangerous thoughts.

>She nods. "Mhm. They popped up some years ago when Pagan rituals accidentally opened a persistent rift from this world to two others. The portal's state reflects that of the moon; depending on whether it's closer to a full moon or new moon, the portal is open to different realms. The half moon causes distortions, which is why the creepy crawlies that pop out then are weaker. It used to be a Church based organization, but when other people of different faiths and, hell, no faith started getting powers because of exposure, the guys lightened up."

>It seems her accent lightens up whenever she's talking business.

>The hunter hums thoughtfully. "Really, to be honest, we had no idea you even existed. The threat level here is a lot higher than I was told it was; you've been doing good work. When the routine check comes in, we'll have someone pop over permanently to take over. Unless you want to keep at it."

>The thought is somewhat disturbing. If the things can only be killed by people who gained powers by exposure to said beasts, then that means...at some point you were exposed. Because you've definitely killed these things before. Added to that, that most likely means that, at some point, 'he who fights monsters' may very well apply. You wonder if that's ever happened, but otherwise keep quiet.

>She laughs a bit at your suggestion. "Pfffft, oh, wow. No, it's fine. Here, just give me your email or something and I'll send you a PDF of what we know. I'll bunk it out at an internet cafe or something. And I swear I'll pay you back for the cash."

>You give her your email and make your way home, wincing slightly all the way. With the slash, you're going to be limping for a week or two.

>Looking back, you realize that this is all really, really too cliche. What's next, she ends up being in your class and everyone thinks you two are in a relationship? The beasts start appearing more often and you're forced into balancing school life and saving lives? You get enrolled into some special demon hunting academy? Oh, the thought makes you chortle as you travel. And hurt.

>...

>You read the PDF Natalie sent you after sleeping for a good part of the night and morning.

>Most of it more or less coincides with what you've figured out on your own. There's some technical information that's not really relevant, like the particular religion and the names of where these guys come from...what's interesting is that you find a record of known 'exorcists', as those who hunt these beasts are called. You also notice that most of the exorcists are descendants of other exorcists.

>School starts tomorrow. Your wound feels a lot better after readjusting the stitches (which hurt like a trucker). You could probably manage to find Natalie again if you wanted to; not many internet cafes around here. You could also go to your doctor friend to get your wound checked out. Or you could look at that PDF more closely. Those are the three things that seem most likely right now; you could probably think up some more if you wanted to.

>You could of course just be a lazy git and rest the day. Pain medication aided sleep sounds very nice right now.
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2011, 11:07:50 PM »
> Best get to business.  Head over to our doctor friend.

ActionDan

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2011, 11:16:11 PM »
Sure why not. 

>Visit the Doc.
>Wonder if our parents were part of the "order" and were perhaps recuited and either were slain or don't want to be found.  In fact what was the last we remember of them?
>Did they ever seem "abnormal" or have "powers."  Inheritance of such would come in handy right about now.

Don't lynch me.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2011, 11:32:41 PM »
> Best get to business.  Head over to our doctor friend.
Sure why not. 

>Visit the Doc.
>Wonder if our parents were part of the "order" and were perhaps recuited and either were slain or don't want to be found.  In fact what was the last we remember of them?
>Did they ever seem "abnormal" or have "powers."  Inheritance of such would come in handy right about now.

>You decide to head over to the doctor's place. And you remember his name is Dr. Phisher, finally. You were coming up with a blank before.

>Offhandedly you wonder if your parents were involved in this. You don't remember much of them, considering how long they've been gone. You were always taken care of by aunts and uncles, until you learned how to manage yourself. The last time you remember of them...you peruse your memory, searching for the most recent event that involved them.

>It's hazy...you remember something, a long time ago. Your parents were swinging you between them as you walked through a park. Smiles lit up their faces and their mouths moved, but you can't connect the sounds to them. Something...something about...

>ERROR ERROR MEMory is UNaVailable.

>The same horrid screech that warned you last night rips through you again, paralyzing you. It's as if someone had taken a thumbscrew to your entire body...you can't think past the horrible pain. Something...something's sealed away your memory?!

>Another spike of pain robs you of higher function.

>"LOOK OUT KID!"

>You barely manage to turn your head. Careening towards you is a massive truck, the driver clearly dozed off. It approaches at a blinding speed, already far too close for comfort.
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2011, 11:38:01 PM »
> "God DAMMIT."
> Dive out of the way.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2011, 11:52:58 PM »
> "God DAMMIT."
> Dive out of the way.

>Some part of you tries to dive out of the way. But your muscles don't listen and all you can manage is a curse through your grit teeth, still clenched from the absolute agony surging through your head.

>The truck is too close now. You're in the direct path. Yet again, you're about to die because of something stupid.

>Something seems to slow. Maybe the adrenaline sped up your perception of time. The truck seems to be inching closer and closer, second by second...it feels like an eternity. Hell, you can even see your face in the reflection of the truck's windshield. Your face. The face of...Mackenzie...Mackenzie Izayoi.

>Time stops

>Everything turns a shade of grey. Everything stops. The ticking of a clock beats in your head...somehow you know you'll only hear that tick a dozen more times. You can see every excruciating detail, every single thing around you. The owner of a convenience store yelling at you. A kid on a tricycle staring. The driver of the truck who's barely woken up.

>Reflexively, you dive away realizing you're still in danger. You hit something hard, a stand full of fruits, and send the produce flying. The fruits gain their color back for a second and soar at normal speeds...then stop as the color drains away. You breathe rapidly, staring at the truck that you were in front of just a second ago. Not a single thing changed. Nothing.

>The thirteenth tick sounds off.

>Time
resumes.

>You lay there, surrounded in produce that just begins to fall to the floor, as the truck screeches past where you once stood. The owner of the store seems confused for a moment, then finds you.

>"Jesus Christ! Are you okay kid!?"

>A soft voice, nearly a whisper, makes itself known to you and you alone. "You remembered~"
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:41:11 PM by Amraphenson »
Sugoiiii~

ActionDan

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2011, 12:16:25 AM »
>"Ya, I think I'm okay.  I'm gonna go see the doctor...  Dr. Phisher.  I wonder if I could get a ride there.  I'm feeling very dizzy.:

>think to ourselves:  "ASDAWEFAEJ! Do I have a senient existance residing within my neural network?!?!"  "If I do, thanks for the major save!"
>First order of business after we get treated is to figure out the origins of our family name... We should also find out Natalie's last name as well. 

Don't lynch me.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2011, 04:52:42 AM »
>"Ya, I think I'm okay.  I'm gonna go see the doctor...  Dr. Phisher.  I wonder if I could get a ride there.  I'm feeling very dizzy.:

>think to ourselves:  "ASDAWEFAEJ! Do I have a senient existance residing within my neural network?!?!"  "If I do, thanks for the major save!"
>First order of business after we get treated is to figure out the origins of our family name... We should also find out Natalie's last name as well. 

>"Phisher? Yeah, I know him. Good guy, nice family. Here, lemme help you...we'll drive there," he replies while helping you stand. You're soon ushered into a car that smells of fruit. "Don't worry kid, you'll be alright...that was a real close call there...," comes the obligatory comforting. Strange, considering you're not wounded.

>The thought is strange and morbid, but it does make sense. You mentally thank said existence, if it exists...and come up with a silence. Hopeful thinking.

>You text Natalie, having exchanged numbers beforehand. However, you lack the means to check anything related to your family name.

>Soon you arrive at Phisher's. Middle aged man, fairly portly, and of European descent. He's always been nice to you, and he's been understanding of what you've been going through, if not exactly aware.

>The doctor thanks the store owner and quickly brings you in, setting you on top of a bed. "What happened Mac?"
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2011, 08:56:49 PM »
> "I don't even know anymore.  Everything feels so messed up."
> We might want to cut back on our anime and manga consumption.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2011, 09:30:11 PM »
> "I don't even know anymore.  Everything feels so messed up."
> We might want to cut back on our anime and manga consumption.

>"Just take it slowly, feed it to me piece by piece..."
>You refrain from telling him about whatever chrono-fuckery just occurred, but otherwise tell him all the details you've left out before when you came over for your...late night visits.
>"That...that is quite messed up. Is this Natalie girl trustworthy?"
>The question hangs for a while, as you're unsure how to answer. Hell, the question makes you wonder if Phisher himself is trust worthy.  Everything has just gotten so strange so quickly, as if your strange topsy turvy world was taken for another spin just for the heck of it.

>You resolve to cut back on the manga and anime.

>Something resets in your head. You feel something...like some kind of stopwatch?...inside you, waiting to be used. The effort required to trigger it seems...miniscule. The urge to activate it is almost irresistible. Your mental clock tells you...something about 30 seconds...and 13 seconds? Time feels strange...it feels...malleable.
>That siren voice whispers once more. 'Time...stop at our command~'

>Time stops.
>The greyscale recoloring of the world around you happens yet again. The doctor freezes. The plug-in fan in the clinic stops. Out the window, you see a car in the middle of transit. The slight distance between it and the ground, due to the bumpiness of the road. The wheel, completely locked into place. The bobblehead behind the driver's wheel, frozen. Time has stopped.
>You leave the bed and walk towards the window, slowly. Seconds tick off in your head.
>13...12...11...10...9...
>It feels natural. As if you had been doing this all your life. And yet at the same time it feels strange and foreign. You stare at your reflection in the glass. Your blue eyes glow ever so slightly, like beacons behind your long bangs.
>5...4...3...
>Is this what just awoke...? Is this your power?
>2...1...

>Time
resumes.

>The doctor stares at you in shock. To him, it must have seemed as though you just...disappeared. And reappeared. Suddenly...you don't feel so bad anymore. In fact...you feel great.
>"At the very least, Doctor," you say, finally managing to find your voice. "She's not lying about me having a superpower."

>...

>After a quick checkup on your wound, which is looking good, and a few more sessions of testing out your new power, you feel pretty good about yourself. School starts tomorrow. Natalie returns the text with her last name: Hinan.

>You've more or less discovered the limits of your time stopping. 30 seconds of charge are required for a 13s period of time stop. You cannot interrupt your time stop after you have activated it. You don't have to use it immediately after the 30s charge period is over.

>You do not discover any record of the name 'Izayoi' in the exorcist manifest.

>...

>School begins the next day. It's particularly cold, despite the shelter it provides. (more or less your fault) There's a bit of time before classes begin. You could look for Natalie, find your friends, check out the boiler room and its status, or you could just lounge around. You could even fiddle with your time stopping ability, if you wanted. It seems like there's much to discover in terms of that.

>Honestly, as you consider your options for today, the next few days won't be very interesting. The next Phantasm even should be in about 2 weeks.

>When you're at school, what do you focus on? Friends or academics? Or do you skip school? Your grades can stand it for a bit. Or do you want to do something else?

>When you have free time, what do you do? Further research on this whole situation? Training, possibly with Natalie? Experimentation with your new power? Socializing? Or something else?
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2011, 09:36:46 PM »
> Relationships.
> Look around for Natalie.  Since we'll probably be fighting together, we might as well get to know her.

ActionDan

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2011, 09:43:45 PM »
I was gonna go with "find friends"

>make sure to sit next to an empty desk once class starts :3

Don't lynch me.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2011, 09:48:47 PM »
I was gonna go with "find friends"
We still could if you want.  Honestly, we'll probably find her anyway later in the day, though that could go both ways.

ActionDan

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2011, 09:55:35 PM »
Ok sure then.

>scout for Natalie and keep track of her if we can, but let's go see some people after ">relationships"

Don't lynch me.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
Introducing the Value system!
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2011, 10:50:47 PM »
Hope you guys are enjoying this so far. I'm going to introduce a different system here, which should make it fairly...interesting. Mac's time stop abilities are affected by his mental state, so I'm going to pull a Persona 3/4 and implement a psuedo Social Link system. Whenever you have free time (which I will tell you), you can choose between several paths and specific portions of those paths. Sometimes you'll be limited in what path you want to further.
----
>You resolve to work on your relationships with your friends up until the next Phantasm.

>You look around for Natalie; she's not in your class, surprisingly. She's already seemed to hit it off quite well with her new classmates.

>Several people greet you as you slip into your own class.

>" 'Sup 'kenzie? Hope Christmas didn't suck or anything."

>You refrain from replying that you nearly got mauled.

>You spend the day catching up with your classmates and friends. It's a major relief for your aching body.

>Relationship Value Discovered!
>Relationship Values +3! (3/10)
>>Friends Discovered!
--Thomas (A friendly, hot blooded sort of guy. Likes sports. Known you since you moved into town, which was several years ago. You've always suspected he's had family problems, but you're not quite sure.)
--Lily (A demure girl who's quite and soft spoken. You know she's had a crush on another female classmate for a while, but you don't know which in specific. She's a little insecure, but she's a good friend.)
--Lucas (Your typical nerd. He's of the video game variety. You feel like Lucas is always trying to prove something, as if he's living in the shadow of someone else...)
--One point has been distributed to Thomas, Lily, and Lucas each.
---Thomas: 1/7
---Lily: 1/7
---Lucas: 1/7

>Academics Value Discovered!
>Academics Values +3! (3/10)
>>Academic Studies Discovered!
--Biology
--English
--History
---One point has been distributed to Biology, English, and History each.
---Biology (1/7)
---English (1/7)
---History (1/7)

>You could study after school or hang out with someone, after you settle things with Natalie. It is a Friday. (Why school would start on Friday, you have no clue)

>...

>It's after school. You find Natalie snacking on a bench, completely alone. Her sword, wrapped in a lot of canvas, is propped up against a nearby tree. (The same tree, you realize, that you were hiding behind last night) "Oh, heya Mac. You said ya found somefin' interestin'?" she asks through a mouthful of sandwich.

>...Show her or tell her?
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2011, 11:03:03 PM »
YES.  This is going to be all kinds of fun~ Especially since I'm still riding on a summer-long P3P kick. :3

> Why not do both?
> "I guess you could say..."
> Time skip and sit beside her on the bench.
> "... that I found out my power."
> Grin.

ActionDan

« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2011, 11:22:15 PM »
>Sure, let's make an impression!
>quickly glance to see if anyone is watching
>jibe natalie a little, "So what can you do, besides chopping giant monsters in half?"
>"I take it that sword is an artifact of some kind, and no one 'normal' can see it."

Don't lynch me.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2011, 11:38:01 PM »
YES.  This is going to be all kinds of fun~ Especially since I'm still riding on a summer-long P3P kick. :3

> Why not do both?
> "I guess you could say..."
> Time skip and sit beside her on the bench.
> "... that I found out my power."
> Grin.
>Sure, let's make an impression!
>quickly glance to see if anyone is watching
>jibe natalie a little, "So what can you do, besides chopping giant monsters in half?"
>"I take it that sword is an artifact of some kind, and no one 'normal' can see it."

>After a quick look around to make sure no one is looking, you grin at her. "Well, I guess you could say..."  Time to have a bit of fun.

>You seat yourself right next to her on the bench while time is stopped and prepare for the epic laughs.

>Time
resumes.

>"That I caught up on lost time," you finish. She jumps and leaps for her sword, somehow drawing it instantly despite the canvas. You begin to laugh uncontrollably as the mental image of an blonde forensic officer with glasses makes itself apparent.

>Natalie breathes heavily for a second, looks at where you used to be, and then looks back at you. Then she plants the two handed monstrosity in the floor with a huff. "Jesus on a stick, Mac! What the hell wazzat?" she asks, clearly confused.

>...

>After the explanation, Natalie hmms thoughtfully. She seems to be in thought. "Well...that'sa lot more interesting than my power. All I get is improved speed 'n strength and stuff. Reflexes too, but 'zat doesn't help me if ya can stop time."

>She grins. "Close! I can write these sorta charms in the air. It's an exorcist thing. And first one ya learn is how to hide your weapons." Her index finger traces some unknown rune in the air, leaving a trail of purple light behind it. Upon completion, it disappears. "There, now the vanillas can't see it."

>Your cell rings. You're reminded that you decided to help someone finish their summer homework...which subject and who were you helping, again? And do you drag Natalie along with you?
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2011, 12:16:11 AM »
> Answer the phone.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2011, 12:35:29 AM »
(That was a signal to pick what subject and which relationship you wanted to develop, since you guys didn't specify earlier. :V)
Sugoiiii~

ActionDan

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2011, 12:40:46 AM »
Lily in Bio!

Don't lynch me.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2011, 01:16:04 AM »
(That was a signal to pick what subject and which relationship you wanted to develop, since you guys didn't specify earlier. :V)
Too used to traditional quests. My bad. :3
Lily in Bio!
> Seconded.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2011, 05:13:40 AM »
Lily in Bio!

>You nod to yourself as you flip open your phone. It was Lily who needed help with finishing her conclusion on her AP Bio assignment. You finished yours a while ago; her's was more elaborate and only just came back with results, however.

>"Hi Lily."
>"A-ah, hi Mac."
>Natalie picks up her stuff and sets off. "I don't really feel like doing homework. See ya later, Mac. And keep in practice, wouldja? Creepy crawlies in two weeks."
>You wave as you begin to leave yourself. "Meet at...Uh...your place, I guess? Greenhouse?"
>"O-okay. I-I'm not quite sure i-if this g-growth I f-found was natural or not..."
>"Yeah, I'll be right there. Don't worry 'bout it, you did great."

>...

>You arrive at Lily's house. Her parents are wealthy, and it shows in her home. Elaborate victorian style house, huge yard, personal greenhouse...you always feel a little intimidated when you ride in on your battered old bike.
>Spencer, Lily's massive Border Collie, gives you a slobbery greeting as you arrive.
>Her parents are out.
>You walk to the greenhouse and find with Lily there. She was comparing the growth rates of several types of flower when given the same environment, but found a strange growth on one of her hydrangeas. She's fiddling with it as you walk in and doesn't notice you.
>She's really quite adorable. Long black hair with a glossy sheen, red under-rimmed glasses, a penchant for oversized shirts and conservative dress...you'd be interested if you didn't know Lily swung for the other team.

>That's always been a secret between you two when you...ah...stumbled upon some personals, one day. She had asked you to get something from there and, mistakenly, had forgotten to put several things away. (Sometimes you're not supposed to go into a girl's room. That is one reason why.)
>It's one secret you'll always keep for her, cause she's still your friend, no matter what.
>(You're not slightly bitter about your chances being shot down before you could try them. No sirree.)
>(You also don't think it's kinda hot. Nope.)

>Anyways, she still doesn't notice you. What do you do?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 05:20:53 AM by Amraphenson »
Sugoiiii~