Author Topic: Touhou Game Selector Menu  (Read 10660 times)

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
Touhou Game Selector Menu
« on: July 07, 2009, 03:02:45 AM »
I don't remember who the hell was asking for this(we saw it in a nicovideo) but I just found it. Was it Slowpoke? Don't remember.

http://infinite.xrea.jp/software/

First download there. See what you can do with it, it's great.

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

Momizi Inubashiri

• Banned
  • For :files:
Re: Touhou Game Selector Menu
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 03:48:31 AM »
umm what is this?

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 03:51:07 AM »
Basically, it's a program that you link to your Touhou game folders - when you launch it, it'll give you a menu of all the Windows Touhou games. You just have to select one to start that game up.

When you launch it for the first time, the .ini file will pop up - change the directories near the top to the directories of your games, and you should be good to go.

You can even change the graphics if you want.

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

Momizi Inubashiri

• Banned
  • For :files:
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 04:26:29 AM »
wow this is hella usefull

all it needs it fanmadegames and music lol

Drake

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 05:23:28 AM »
you mean a folder filled with program shortcuts and playlists

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 05:46:13 AM »
It'd essentially boil down to the same function but I'd imagine it's a much fancier interface. It would probably bloat down the process of opening up the games themselves but it'd be a nice piece of eye candy, if you were on a major Touhou kick and continuously swapping through a whole bunch. I just have a couple questions:

1. Does it work with demos? I don't have the full version games yet.

2. Is it possible to set it up so that when you quit out of a Touhou game, to go directly back into the launching program, so you can try another? It'd probably be too much of a hassle to bother opening it up every time if not. Sounds like a cool concept though.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 05:48:49 AM by Tonepoet »

Drake

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 06:29:51 AM »
It sounds like it'd be more useful if it were a desktop buddy that doesn't use much CPU to run.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 01:54:12 PM »
I have this. It's called Steam.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 02:17:15 PM »
Yeah, it was Slowpoke (and me) that wanted it. I just want it for the novelty factor after watching the Touhou Busters video. =3

Also, thanks for the link. Works pretty well actually.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 02:42:27 PM by EX Na2O2 »

Quintafeira12

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 03:13:19 PM »

I have this. It's called Steam. It sucks, and was forced onto me, so I don't use it.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 01:23:06 AM »
What's your username then? I don't think I've added you.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 02:35:59 PM »
What's your username then? I don't think I've added you.
MintMania2DX

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 11:00:44 PM »
It's fun and all, but I'd rather it stayed up so that I can go between games without loading it again.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 11:49:05 PM »
well i have link to the touhou games up on my desktop. (litterly... the first row on my Desktop are only Touhou Games, The folder where i keep the Games... and the trash bin)

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 04:44:51 AM »
A front end app like this could be useful but it lacks quite few things. When you quit a game the front end should comeback, the text should be customizable and it should be possible to add unofficial games. I tried adding a th13 field in the .ini but it didn't work(not that I expected it to) so the author will need to update it whenever new game comes out.

If you are interested in a front end like that you should check out some arcade front end, they are often completely customizable and work with any exe. Example: http://malafe.net/index.php

Slowpoke

• Media Analyst
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 05:19:20 AM »
well i have link to the touhou games up on my desktop. (litterly... the first row on my Desktop are only Touhou Games, The folder where i keep the Games... and the trash bin)

This way is better for me, though, since I use a dock and I only want one Touhou shortcut in it.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 05:39:53 AM »
I've added launchers for all my Touhou games to my desktop dock. Otherwise this would be useful.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."