Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)  (Read 54843 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)
« Reply #960 on: June 19, 2011, 08:48:51 AM »
>This isn't likely to help his headache.
>"I think you've got the wrong idea here. I didn't sell the Bowl owner the fruit, I delivered it. All she paid me for was completing the job she'd hired me for, which was to locate the shipment. Technically, I didn't even have to deliver it if I found it, that was a bonus."
>"I had no idea what the going rate for a shipment of fruit is in Braston, so I didn't want to haggle over the price of a slightly compromised shipment. I might've lost you thousands that way, for all I know. She said she'd be happy to work out a fair price with you when you were in town."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #961 on: June 19, 2011, 01:55:05 PM »
>"I thought it was also preferable to letting it sit in the sun all day and spoil even further."

« Reply #962 on: June 19, 2011, 06:21:40 PM »
>This isn't likely to help his headache.
>"I think you've got the wrong idea here. I didn't sell the Bowl owner the fruit, I delivered it. All she paid me for was completing the job she'd hired me for, which was to locate the shipment. Technically, I didn't even have to deliver it if I found it, that was a bonus."
>"I had no idea what the going rate for a shipment of fruit is in Braston, so I didn't want to haggle over the price of a slightly compromised shipment. I might've lost you thousands that way, for all I know. She said she'd be happy to work out a fair price with you when you were in town."

>Isato gives you a look. "If you didn't have to deliver it, why did you? I mean..."
>He shakes his head and sighs again. "Look, let's... let's just put that aside." His tone is a little strained.

>"I thought it was also preferable to letting it sit in the sun all day and spoil even further."

>"Well, uh..." He looks a bit like he's trying to disagree, but can't find a good reason to. "I guess there's that..."
>He rubs his forehead again. "This whole mess's been... well, a mess. Yeah, maybe half of that's my fault - you don't have to remind me. I... I guess I'll just have to hitch a ride into Braston and see what I can salvage out of it. Um, thanks for getting it back for me and all."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #963 on: June 19, 2011, 07:10:16 PM »
>Nod. "Worse comes to worst, it's not that long of a walk."

« Reply #964 on: June 19, 2011, 07:16:25 PM »
>Nod. "Worse comes to worst, it's not that long of a walk."

>"Easy for you to say..." he grumbles.
>"Is that it, then? No more surprise problems waiting for me when I get there?"

« Reply #965 on: June 19, 2011, 08:28:54 PM »
>Well, if either one of us knew about them, they'd hardly be surprise problems, then, would they?
>"No, that about covers it. I don't think you'll have any problems with the fairys, either. The one that assaulted you came out on the wrong side of a 'discussion' with a witch. It'll probably take her some time to pull herself back together."

« Reply #966 on: June 19, 2011, 08:42:42 PM »
>Well, if either one of us knew about them, they'd hardly be surprise problems, then, would they?
>"No, that about covers it. I don't think you'll have any problems with the fairys, either. The one that assaulted you came out on the wrong side of a 'discussion' with a witch. It'll probably take her some time to pull herself back together."

>Perhaps he meant problems that would only be a surprise to him? Y'know, given the other surprises you've already handed him...
>She see Isato almost chuckle despite himself. "Well, uh, thanks again and that. Hopefully I can start forgetting this ever happened, soon."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #967 on: June 19, 2011, 11:44:06 PM »
>While we're here, did we see anything in Isato's land that looked like pastures?

« Reply #968 on: June 19, 2011, 11:48:47 PM »
>While we're here, did we see anything in Isato's land that looked like pastures?

>No, just fruit fields. Most of the land dedicated to that purpose is further to the north.

« Reply #969 on: June 20, 2011, 02:33:35 AM »
>Then on to the north it is.
>Bid farewell to Isato, wish him the best, then head off to investigate the case of the dissapearing dairy.

« Reply #970 on: June 20, 2011, 08:10:01 AM »
>Then on to the north it is.
>Bid farewell to Isato, wish him the best, then head off to investigate the case of the dissapearing dairy.

>You bid farewell to Isato, then head northward. You pass by more houses and fields brimming with all manner of crops; among some of them you can see farmers at their work. Eventually the fields begin to thin out and give way to open grassland, stretching across gentle rises and declines far into the distance. Further to the northeast, the land rises up into rugged hills, with forest sweeping out across the west, almost at the edge of sight. There are some smaller fenced off enclosures owned by individual farmers towards Easthaven proper, but much of the area is common grazing land, shared by many who keep smaller herds as an adjunct to their primary livelihood or lack the resources to maintain devoted enclosures of their own.
>You spot several groups of cows spread out among the pasture, some nearer to you, and some far in the distance. There are a couple farmers among them, keeping a rather more attentive watch than the norm. Given recent events, this is hardly surprising. In fact, the pasture seems less occupied than you've traditionally known it to be, although the slope of the terrain conceals much of it from your current vantage. But it wouldn't surprise you if some people were reluctant to put their cattle to pasture with the current disappearances still unexplained.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #971 on: June 20, 2011, 06:44:36 PM »
>Do we know where this Takeshi customer lives?

« Reply #972 on: June 20, 2011, 06:48:35 PM »
>Do we know where this Takeshi customer lives?

>Not off hand, no.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #973 on: June 20, 2011, 06:50:22 PM »
>Look around til we see a rancher type in the fields who looks like they could spare a moment.

« Reply #974 on: June 20, 2011, 06:57:20 PM »
>Look around til we see a rancher type in the fields who looks like they could spare a moment.

>You can see a couple people matching that description among the fields. While they're all keeping fairly careful eye on their surroundings, none of them looks especially more busy than that at the moment.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #975 on: June 20, 2011, 07:00:53 PM »
>Wave them down, and if they respond, hop the fence. No need to draw them off from their herd.

« Reply #976 on: June 20, 2011, 07:11:15 PM »
>Wave them down, and if they respond, hop the fence. No need to draw them off from their herd.

>You wave down one that's looking roughly in your direction. He responds with a curt wave and a nod. You approach, and he closes part of the distance between you as you do so, still keeping his herd within sight.
>"Something I can do for you?" he says.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #977 on: June 20, 2011, 07:38:22 PM »
>"You know where I can find Takeshi? I'm looking into this missing cattle problem, and I heard he was the last to lose one."

« Reply #978 on: June 20, 2011, 08:19:53 PM »
>"You know where I can find Takeshi? I'm looking into this missing cattle problem, and I heard he was the last to lose one."

>"Oh, you're the Seeker they hired?" He gives you an appraising look. "I think he's off past the rise over there," he says, gesturing northeast. "Short guy, kinda mussy hair."
>He leans in and speaks in a hushed tone. "If you want my opinion, you're wasting your time on him. I could probably make off with one of his right now, and he wouldn't notice until the day was done."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #979 on: June 20, 2011, 08:25:22 PM »
>"Really? Well... what about you, then?"

« Reply #980 on: June 20, 2011, 08:29:57 PM »
>"Really? Well... what about you, then?"

>"I haven't lost any of mine, I can say that much," he says. "Especially with all this going on, I'm not letting any of them out of my sight."
>He shakes his head. "I still think it's gotta be someone from around here, though I hate to say it. Sharper people than that guy have gotten hit. It can't be that nobody's seen anything."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #981 on: June 20, 2011, 08:55:31 PM »
>"Where would they hide them, though? I've heard there's been quite a few taken."

« Reply #982 on: June 20, 2011, 09:09:09 PM »
>"Where would they hide them, though? I've heard there's been quite a few taken."

>"Beats me," he says. "I guess that's your job. And yeah, there's been a few."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #983 on: June 20, 2011, 09:15:17 PM »
>Ponder, do we know of any caves or canyons in the region where cattle could be hidden?
>"Given the frequency of disappearance, it couldn't be more than a day or two away, I'd imagine."
>Frown. "No one unusual been around, right? Other than me, that is?"

« Reply #984 on: June 20, 2011, 09:20:18 PM »
>Ponder, do we know of any caves or canyons in the region where cattle could be hidden?
>"Given the frequency of disappearance, it couldn't be more than a day or two away, I'd imagine."
>Frown. "No one unusual been around, right? Other than me, that is?"

>You don't specifically know of caves, although it's possible the hilly terrain to the north might conceal some. You're pretty sure there are no canyons, though.
>"Makes sense, yeah."
>He gives you a vaguely annoyed glance. "You think that wouldn't be the first thing we thought of? But no, nobody like that."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #985 on: June 20, 2011, 09:49:44 PM »
>"I was thinking within the past day or two, really. But I know what you mean. Thanks for your help, Mr...?"

« Reply #986 on: June 20, 2011, 09:54:17 PM »
>"I was thinking within the past day or two, really. But I know what you mean. Thanks for your help, Mr...?"

>"Tanehara," he says, nodding to you.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #987 on: June 20, 2011, 10:09:08 PM »
>"Nazrin. Thanks."
>Head toward the direction he specified, unless he says something mindblowing.

« Reply #988 on: June 20, 2011, 10:35:03 PM »
>"Nazrin. Thanks."
>Head toward the direction he specified, unless he says something mindblowing.

>"No problem," he says. "If you need anything else, just ask, ok? I'll be as happy as anyone to get this mess straightened out."
>You head off towards the rise he indicated, which is a decent walk away. You look about for signs of anything out of place as you walk, but spot nothing. Though if it were as obvious as this, you doubt there would have been need of you in the first place.
>As you crest the rise, you see more acres of pasture spread out beyond you. The forest is easier to see from this vantage, though still far away. Among the lands below you are several more clusters of cows with a couple more people people scattered among it. Scanning about, you think you can identify someone matching the description of Takashi you were given.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #989 on: June 20, 2011, 10:50:19 PM »
>Zero in on that guy.