Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)  (Read 54864 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)
« Reply #300 on: May 28, 2011, 04:39:56 AM »
Would it be possible to just step on her wrists with a foot to keep her from being able to move her sword?

Though it looks like we have bigger fairy problems incoming...
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #301 on: May 28, 2011, 04:45:44 AM »
Stepping on her wrists isn't very good, because we have none of the size, strength, or leverage necessary to keep her from getting the sword free.

> Ignore the fairy, and keep control of that sword by holding on to the hilt with one hand.
> Mount Cirno, knees underneath her armpit so that she doesn't have any leverage for her arm, and punch her in the gut with our free hand.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #302 on: May 28, 2011, 05:03:30 AM »
> Mount Cirno,

>and prove our friendship through the universal language of 'love'
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #303 on: May 28, 2011, 05:16:52 AM »
> Ignore the fairy, and keep control of that sword by holding on to the hilt with one hand.
> Mount Cirno, knees underneath her armpit so that she doesn't have any leverage for her arm, and punch her in the gut with our free hand.

>You shift the hand restraining Cirno's arm to the base of the hilt, and try to keep it pushed away from your head. It's getting to be quite a struggle, though. For a fairy, she can put a lot of force into it.
>You shift your weight on top of Cirno, attempting to further restrain her arms, then punch in the gut. Unfortunately, your current position means that you're forced to essentially punch behind you, and you can't put much force into it.
>You feel the hand gripping Cirno's sword suddenly grow extremely cold.

>and prove our friendship through the universal language of 'love'

>Demonstrating 'love' in front of a dozen fairies... quite the exhibitionist, aren't you?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #304 on: May 28, 2011, 05:29:21 AM »
>"God dammit I just do the jobs! They dont even give me all the details, how was I supposed to know if my clients good or bad aside from first glance?!"
>If talking doesnt work, At least try to force the match into a stalemate.

« Reply #305 on: May 28, 2011, 05:41:36 AM »
>"God dammit I just do the jobs! They dont even give me all the details, how was I supposed to know if my clients good or bad aside from first glance?!"
> Why are we defending ourself? Cirno robbed a damned fruit farmer, for crying out loud. What was he doing, distributing rotten apples or sour grapes?

> Swing around with the fist that we tried to punch Cirno in the stomach with, and bust her in the jaw.
> Grab her by the arms with both hands, and try to trap her arms over her head.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #306 on: May 28, 2011, 05:42:55 AM »
> Why are we defending ourself? Cirno robbed a damned fruit farmer, for crying out loud. What was he doing, distributing rotten apples or sour grapes?

> Swing around with the fist that we tried to punch Cirno in the stomach with, and bust her in the jaw.
> Grab her by the arms with both hands, and try to trap her arms over her head.
>It's no good to see a story without seeing both sides. Hopefully Cirno will realize this.

« Reply #307 on: May 28, 2011, 05:46:01 AM »
>It's no good to see a story without seeing both sides. Hopefully Cirno will realize this.
> We'll see her side after we beat the crap out of her. She's been spoiling to fight us ever since we let it slip that we tussled with an oni, so she's brought it onto herself.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #308 on: May 28, 2011, 05:57:01 AM »
> We'll see her side after we beat the crap out of her. She's been spoiling to fight us ever since we let it slip that we tussled with an oni, so she's brought it onto herself.
>We arent exactly fond of her, But growing up with Ichirin taught us if there's a peaceful answer, then thats the one you should stride for.
>If you cant force the match into a stalemate, force Cirno into exhaustion or shutting up for a second, so you can explain what you know.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #309 on: May 28, 2011, 06:02:07 AM »
>Do we have our weight on her arms? If not, put our knees on them.
>"Drop the sword so I can stop beating on you!"
>Continue to work the face.

« Reply #310 on: May 28, 2011, 06:56:59 AM »
>We arent exactly fond of her, But growing up with Ichirin taught us if there's a peaceful answer, then thats the one you should stride for.

>You feel torn between grasping at a peaceful solution and giving what you think a thief like her deserves. You settle for a beating now and answers later

>Do we have our weight on her arms? If not, put our knees on them.
>"Drop the sword so I can stop beating on you!"
>Continue to work the face.

>You shift your position and try to put as much of your weight on her arms as you can. This is a little awkward, given how both of them are pinned off to the side and trying to pummel a sword hilt into your skull, but you think you restrict her a little further.
>"Never... surrender..." Cirno spits out between blows.
>You go to strike Cirno again.
>The fairy that flew out from the trees reaches you and latches onto the arm that's pummeling Cirno, pulling on it with all her might. Her wings flutter rapidly as she strains against you. "Stop it!" she cries.
>The hand pushing against Cirno's sword is starting to feel numb, and the chill is spreading up your arm. A glance in that direction shows a sheen of ice covering your hand almost entirely, and starting to grow out from there.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #311 on: May 28, 2011, 07:01:18 AM »
>Break the iced up hand free, Marisa has certainly got us used enough to magic so that we don't freak out, and uppercut Cirno with the momentum.
>"Drop the damn sword before you hurt someone!"
>How exactly is she pinned right now?

« Reply #312 on: May 28, 2011, 07:19:41 AM »
>Break the iced up hand free, Marisa has certainly got us used enough to magic so that we don't freak out, and uppercut Cirno with the momentum.
>"Drop the damn sword before you hurt someone!"
>How exactly is she pinned right now?

>You try to pull your hand free from the ice, and use the mometum to hit Cirno with it. Unfortunately, up to now, the other thing keeping Cirno from bashing you in the head with her hilt had been the fact that you were pushing against her with this hand. The moment you release this pressure and actually pull on your hand, Cirno slams the pommel and your frozen hand into your head hard enough to make it ring.
>You grit your teeth and still manage to spit out the order. "And let you do it instead?" Cirno says. She moves to hit you again. 
>You're kneeling with one knee on top of her chest, partially over an arm across her chest, and with the other knee over an arm on the ground to the left of her body. It's a little hard to full restrict the motion of both of them, with how they're kind of on top of each other again.
>The fairy that latched onto your arm pulls it back another few inches from Cirno, her own face straining with exertion.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #313 on: May 28, 2011, 07:24:30 AM »
>Whip tail around and latch it onto her sword hand; and if the prehensileness exists, constrict like a miser boa. Use the frozen on arm to force her arms into a good position.
>"You attacked first! When I even tried to meet you halfway! I can't wait to tell every other faerie how you treat people trying to be your friend!"

« Reply #314 on: May 28, 2011, 07:34:18 AM »
>Whip tail around and latch it onto her sword hand; and if the prehensileness exists, constrict like a miser boa. Use the frozen on arm to force her arms into a good position.
>"You attacked first! When I even tried to meet you halfway! I can't wait to tell every other faerie how you treat people trying to be your friend!"

>You bring your tail around and latch onto her dominant hand. Cirno's eyes widen in surprise at the maneuver. You constrict it as tightly as you can around her arm, and although its grip strength is less than one of your hands, it still gives you extra leverage. In combination with your frozen hand, you manage to shift her sword out of direct line of your head. The ice continues to grow up your arm, however; thin tendrils of it reach as far as your elbow now.
>"You leave her alone!" the other fairies cries. "Cirno's-"
>"I won't let you hurt them," Cirno says. "You can tell your boss that when I send you back to him."
>She attempts to force her body off the ground, despite your weight on top of you.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #315 on: May 28, 2011, 07:38:35 AM »
>Put some weight on our knee, so that she's just forcing herself against it and hurting herself.
>"They aren't in trouble, you idiot! I'm not here to hurt anyone! Now drop the sword or I'm going to get really nasty! No one except you wants to be fighting!"
>Deck her in the eyes a bit. She doesn't need to be seeing.

« Reply #316 on: May 28, 2011, 07:47:31 AM »
>"Think about it, you idiot! If I REALLY wanted to hurt anyone, why would I have staggered down a hillside, in plain view, and announced my coming from leagues off? There's only one fairy I've hurt, and that's only because you tried to kill me! I don't want to hurt anyone!"
>"And what the hell do you HAVE against Isato, anyway? What did he ever do to you?"

« Reply #317 on: May 29, 2011, 01:44:31 AM »
>Put some weight on our knee, so that she's just forcing herself against it and hurting herself.
>"They aren't in trouble, you idiot! I'm not here to hurt anyone! Now drop the sword or I'm going to get really nasty! No one except you wants to be fighting!"
>Deck her in the eyes a bit. She doesn't need to be seeing.

>You shift as much weight as you reasonably can on your knees, but you can't apply much force than this while both of your arms are otherwise occupied.
>"You don't disarm yourself to an enemy!" she cries.
>You try to deck her in the eyes, but the fairy on your arm pulls against you enough that the force of the blow is reduced to little more than a tap. She makes a high-pitched squeal of exertion as she does so, then pants for breath afterward.

>"Think about it, you idiot! If I REALLY wanted to hurt anyone, why would I have staggered down a hillside, in plain view, and announced my coming from leagues off? There's only one fairy I've hurt, and that's only because you tried to kill me! I don't want to hurt anyone!"
>"And what the hell do you HAVE against Isato, anyway? What did he ever do to you?"

>"You don't want anyone hurt, then you can surrender," she says. While she grimaces under the effort, she starts to push up on her right side, opposite where her arms are. You feel yourself shift towards the other side.
>"Who the hell is Isato?" she says.

« Reply #318 on: May 29, 2011, 01:51:24 AM »
> Shift the opposite direction to keep Cirno down, and shift our body down hers so we're sitting on her waist.
> Try to push her sword as far from her face as we can, and slam our head into hers.
> "The farmer you robbed! Numbskull!"

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #319 on: May 29, 2011, 02:08:10 AM »
> Shift the opposite direction to keep Cirno down, and shift our body down hers so we're sitting on her waist.
> Try to push her sword as far from her face as we can, and slam our head into hers.
> We can surrender right now, you know. We dont need to deal with this shit, just tell her we give up and tell her about all you know about Isato, and how he's "good".

« Reply #320 on: May 29, 2011, 02:16:19 AM »

>You shift the opposite direction, and push down the side of her that's rising off the ground. Unfortunately, she starts shifting up on the other side in response. You shift down to sit on her waist and she immediately raises her shoulders off the ground.
>You push further on her sword, using your tail on her arm for added leverage. You shift it what you judge to be far enough away, then headbutt Cirno as she raises her head up.
>"Owww!"
>Your own head throbs a little with the blow, but not as bad as it seems you got her. At least you've recovered from yesterday's cranial bludgeoning.

>"I didn't rob anyone, numbskull!" she cries, wincing under the blow.
>"She didn't rob anyone!" the other fairies adds in.
>You're losing mobility in your left arm as the ice creeps over your elbow. You can't feel your hand much at all, and the arm itself is painfully cold.

> We can surrender right now, you know. We dont need to deal with this shit, just tell her we give up and tell her about all you know about Isato, and how he's "good".

>That certainly seems to be a possibility, if you could convince her to stop fast enough, once you did so.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #321 on: May 29, 2011, 02:22:05 AM »
>"Alright, Alright, I give. Besides, I'm lucky my arm isnt a popsicle now. Dont want to get that any worse."

« Reply #322 on: May 29, 2011, 02:32:56 AM »
> Roll off of Cirno. "Dammit, you're a real threat with that ice, you know that?"

« Reply #323 on: May 29, 2011, 03:38:53 AM »
>"Alright, Alright, I give. Besides, I'm lucky my arm isnt a popsicle now. Dont want to get that any worse."
> Roll off of Cirno. "Dammit, you're a real threat with that ice, you know that?"

>You voice your concession, and roll off Cirno. This is a little awkward, as your left hand is still frozen to the hilt of her sword so part of her comes with you. Cirno rises to her feet the moment you lift off of her and tries to level her sword at you as best she still can with your hand attached to it.
>"That's right!" she cries, then stares at you hard for a moment. "So you really surrender?"

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #324 on: May 29, 2011, 03:42:24 AM »
>"Well unless I have some weird fetish for being frozen to death, then yes, I am actually surrendering."
>"Now can I actually talk to you calmly, without getting my ass kicked?"

« Reply #325 on: May 29, 2011, 03:48:02 AM »
>"I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I didn't come here looking for a fight, and if you didn't steal that wagon, I have no reason to fight you. And I've about had enough of brawling for nothing."
>Spare a glance at the fairy clinging to our arm. "You can let go now, by the way."

« Reply #326 on: May 29, 2011, 04:06:33 AM »
>"Well unless I have some weird fetish for being frozen to death, then yes, I am actually surrendering."
>"Now can I actually talk to you calmly, without getting my ass kicked?"

>"Ha!" Cirno's face takes on a triumphant grin. "That's right!"
>Cirno tries to move her sword, then seems to notice more clearly how you're attached to it. She grimaces. "Stand still, ok?"

>"I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I didn't come here looking for a fight, and if you didn't steal that wagon, I have no reason to fight you. And I've about had enough of brawling for nothing."
>Spare a glance at the fairy clinging to our arm. "You can let go now, by the way."

>"Then what did you come here for?" Cirno says. "You said you were working for that guy."
>"Nuh-uh!" the smaller fairy says, shaking her head vigorously.

« Reply #327 on: May 29, 2011, 04:13:38 AM »
> Sit still, feeling kind of ridiculous.
> "Just making sure that we're on the same page, here. The guy you're talking about is Isato, the fruit farmer, who has a cart of fruit and a horse, right?"

« Reply #328 on: May 29, 2011, 04:27:27 AM »
> Sit still, feeling kind of ridiculous.
> "Just making sure that we're on the same page, here. The guy you're talking about is Isato, the fruit farmer, who has a cart of fruit and a horse, right?"

>You stand sit. You can't quite shake the wrongness of taking orders from an armed fairy of all things.
>"Dunno his name," she says, "but the jerk did have a lot of fruit with him."
>"It tasted like justice!" the other fairy adds.

>Cirno looks at you hard for another moment. "You try anything, and I won't hold back, got it?"

« Reply #329 on: May 29, 2011, 04:39:07 AM »
> "Gotcha, just get this ice off before I die of frostbite. So, what did he do to you anyways?"