Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)  (Read 54860 times)

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)
« Reply #270 on: May 28, 2011, 12:22:50 AM »
>"Hmmm?"
>Whos the person emerging from the crowd?

« Reply #271 on: May 28, 2011, 12:38:10 AM »
>"Hmmm?"
>Whos the person emerging from the crowd?

>You voice your curiosity and look towards the rear of the crowd.
>As some of the other fairies shift away, you see Cirno emerge from between some of the trees. A couple of the fairies look at her with something approaching adulation. Hyacinth throws her a quick, but unmistakably displeased glance. A couple others seems vaguely uncomfortable.

>"Your days are numbered now!" one of the fairies near you cries, pointing a finger accusingly at you, before turning and scooting a safe distance away.
>"But the kitty..." another repeats, meekly.
>Cirno continues to approach, her gaze meeting yours firmly.

« Reply #272 on: May 28, 2011, 12:39:30 AM »
> "Oh, it's Cirno. How ya doin'?" Lean on our dowsing rods with raised eyebrows.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #273 on: May 28, 2011, 12:52:16 AM »
>"I had a feeling you'd be well known around here. So, You dont mind if I try to get my job done as quickly as possible, right?"
>"Oh, Didja check out the seekers yet?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #274 on: May 28, 2011, 01:02:32 AM »
>And offer a handshake.

« Reply #275 on: May 28, 2011, 01:05:07 AM »
> "Oh, it's Cirno. How ya doin'?" Lean on our dowsing rods with raised eyebrows.

>You greet Cirno casually, while adopting a laid-back stance. Your reaction seems to provoke a few confused looks from the other fairies, and you see a few of them whispering among themselves. A path opens up in front of Cirno, and after a few moments' hesitation, Hyacinth moves out of her way as well, making a sort of grumpy noise as she does so.
>"I knew it," Cirno says, staring at you. "You tried to play dumb, but I knew it! You were looking for this place all along." She raises a hand up and grips her sword. "I won't let you lay a hand on them."

>"I had a feeling you'd be well known around here. So, You dont mind if I try to get my job done as quickly as possible, right?"

>Cirno's eyes narrow. "What do you mean, 'job'?"

>"Oh, Didja check out the seekers yet?"

>"They're shiny!" a tiny voice from back calls out, followed by "Oww..."

>And offer a handshake.

>You offer a handshake. Cirno sneers. "Not gonna make me drop my guard that easy. I know how that works."
>"Ha! Nice try!" one of the onlookers calls out.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #276 on: May 28, 2011, 01:07:46 AM »
>"No no, wasn't looking for this place at all. I just found it while doing that job I told you about yesterday. Hey, maybe you could help out?"

« Reply #277 on: May 28, 2011, 01:09:46 AM »
>"No no, wasn't looking for this place at all. I just found it while doing that job I told you about yesterday. Hey, maybe you could help out?"

>"That's what you said last time, when you tried to get me to tell you where everyone lived. I remember."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #278 on: May 28, 2011, 01:25:21 AM »
>"I was just curious. And I didn't press the issue, did I?"
>"Hmm, would you feel better if we talked away from the village?"

« Reply #279 on: May 28, 2011, 01:31:15 AM »
>"I was just curious. And I didn't press the issue, did I?"
>"Hmm, would you feel better if we talked away from the village?"

>"Well I guess you didn't have to, did you? You probably knew all along!"
>Cirno stares at you silently for a moment.
>"Go on," she says at length, motioning her head towards the lake and away from the houses.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #280 on: May 28, 2011, 01:37:12 AM »
>"Well then, Shall we go over there?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #281 on: May 28, 2011, 01:47:17 AM »

>Don't repeat what she's saying, just go.

« Reply #282 on: May 28, 2011, 02:15:32 AM »
>Don't repeat what she's saying, just go.

>You head quietly in the direction Cirno indicated, and she follows a few sword lengths behind you, her hand still on her weapon. Some of the fairies disperse as you move off, but you note many of them follow along at a safe distance, some of them making a very poor attempt to disguise their presence through the use of bushes and trees. You may have even picked up a few more curious onlookers along the way; you hear them whispering among themselves.
>After a short while, you reach the edge of the lake. The day itself is still misty, though the air over the water seems particularly so - you can't see the opposite shore clearly. The land here is mostly flat rock and grass, with the trees stopping some distance from the water. Many of the fairies stay back by the trees, although a few poke their heads out a little further.

>"So," Cirno says, "Give me a reason not to send you packing right now."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #283 on: May 28, 2011, 02:20:14 AM »
>"Because I don't mean you guys any harm. If I was going to do something bad, would I just walk up to the place unarmed?"

« Reply #284 on: May 28, 2011, 02:22:53 AM »
>"Because I don't mean you guys any harm. If I was going to do something bad, would I just walk up to the place unarmed?"

>"Probably didn't think I'd catch ya," she says.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #285 on: May 28, 2011, 02:26:07 AM »
>"You wouldn't have to, just that someone had to catch me. But, maybe you can help me, so I can get out of here faster?"

« Reply #286 on: May 28, 2011, 02:28:46 AM »
>"I thought I was pretty clear yesterday. I wasn't looking for any trouble then, and I'm still not. I'm just trying to get some horses home, and some goods to where they belong. The sooner I find them, the sooner I can be on my way."

« Reply #287 on: May 28, 2011, 02:39:02 AM »
>"You wouldn't have to, just that someone had to catch me. But, maybe you can help me, so I can get out of here faster?"

>"Oh, I can get you out of here faster, alright," she says, a hint of a smirk tugging at the corner of her mouth.
>You hear someone cheer from back towards the trees.

>"I thought I was pretty clear yesterday. I wasn't looking for any trouble then, and I'm still not. I'm just trying to get some horses home, and some goods to where they belong. The sooner I find them, the sooner I can be on my way."

>"So you are with him!" She pulls her sword free. "You know what happened then. Don't think you'll get off any better just because you're a youkai!"

« Reply #288 on: May 28, 2011, 02:40:36 AM »
> Flat stare, and lean on our dowsing rods. "What. With who? Don't tell me you were the one who robbed that farmer. He told me the monster that took his wagon had claws and stuff."

« Reply #289 on: May 28, 2011, 02:55:30 AM »
> Flat stare, and lean on our dowsing rods. "What. With who? Don't tell me you were the one who robbed that farmer. He told me the monster that took his wagon had claws and stuff."

>"I didn't rob no one!" she yells, gripping her weapon firmly. "That was justice! And if you're here to do his dirty work, I'll send you back on ice!"
>She dashes at you, sword gripped two-handed to her side.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #290 on: May 28, 2011, 03:14:08 AM »
>Try to get out of the way. We do not need to hike back with open wounds!
>"HEY! CUT THAT OUT RIGHT NOW! WE'RE TRYING TO TALK!"

« Reply #291 on: May 28, 2011, 03:23:03 AM »
>Try to get out of the way. We do not need to hike back with open wounds!
>"HEY! CUT THAT OUT RIGHT NOW! WE'RE TRYING TO TALK!"

>You quickly come to full alert as Cirno rushes you. Her movement broadcasts her attack pretty loudly, and you nimbly dodge out of range of her slash. It was firmer and faster than you would have expected from a fairy, though. She seems a tiny bit off-balance from the attack, but quickly follows through with an overhead swing. You shift to the side, and evade this as well.
>"You've already said all I need to hear," she says. "Allies of villains are villains, too!"
>"Kick her ass, Cirno!" one of the fairies calls out from the woods.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #292 on: May 28, 2011, 03:24:27 AM »
>"The villain always attacks first!"

« Reply #293 on: May 28, 2011, 03:28:41 AM »
>"The villain always attacks first!"

>"And the hero always finishes!"
>She takes a wide swing at your midsection, which you leap back from. You're being pushed back towards the water.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #294 on: May 28, 2011, 03:33:04 AM »
>Does she seem off balance after that? If so, move in right after the sword and deck her in the face with the force of a million mice with a million hangovers.

« Reply #295 on: May 28, 2011, 03:45:45 AM »
>Does she seem off balance after that? If so, move in right after the sword and deck her in the face with the force of a million mice with a million hangovers.

>It does seem to take her a moment to recover from her swings, so you quickly move in as soon as the sword is past you and punch her in the face with as much force as you can muster. You connect firmly, and Cirno grunts and stumbles backwards. You hear a collective gasp rise up from the other fairies.

« Reply #296 on: May 28, 2011, 03:47:10 AM »
> Don't let her have a chance to recover: take her down to the ground and beat her about the head and shoulders.

« Reply #297 on: May 28, 2011, 03:54:45 AM »
> Don't let her have a chance to recover: take her down to the ground and beat her about the head and shoulders.

>You press the attack, tackling Cirno to the ground before she can recover and scoring another firm hit on her face. Gritting her teeth, and with her eyes half-closed under the blow, Cirno jabs the pommel of her sword at you, catching you sharply in the side of the head. You wince.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #298 on: May 28, 2011, 04:20:03 AM »
>Grab her sword arm with one hand, and continue to apply the a fist to her face with the other.
>If we can, manipulate said arm into an armlock and force it until she drops the sword.
>"I tried to be your friend, you damn stupid wannabe oni son of a bitch!"

« Reply #299 on: May 28, 2011, 04:38:06 AM »
>Grab her sword arm with one hand, and continue to apply the a fist to her face with the other.
>If we can, manipulate said arm into an armlock and force it until she drops the sword.
>"I tried to be your friend, you damn stupid wannabe oni son of a bitch!"

>You try to grab her sword arm, but she's holding her weapon two-handed. You grasp onto the nearest arm, but she pushes against you, trying to hit you again. You have a hard time restraining both of her arms with just one of your own, but you still manage to hold her back long enough to punch her again with your other hand.
>There doesn't seem an obvious way to force both arms into an arm lock at once, and you suspect doing so with just one would give her freer leverage with the other.
>You shout at Cirno, but she seems to be getting too much fist in the face to utter a coherent reply.
>"Y- you big meanie!" You hear a cry from the onlookers as a single fairy, looking half-terrified herself, rushes out of the trees towards you.